Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Community - Season 4 [US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Mr E wrote: »
    You post to a thread where there are many many fans of a show, and expect your anti-community feelings to earn a round of applause?

Where on that EW article does it say that Community cast and fans are deluded? They want a show that they like to stay alive. Hell, I want to it stay alive.

^^ Pretty much sums it up. Nothing to see here, folks.

Hey, i'm just pushing up the view/hits count + promoting the show by proxy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Ignore the troll and he'll go back to his 2.5 idiots thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

For those of you who pay attention to the guys over at tvbythenumbers, Community was upgraded to Likely to be Renewed in yesterdays Renew/Cancel Index...

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/12/13/nbc-community-upgraded-to-likely-to-be-renewed/113574/

I've always found their predictions to be quite accurate, so I'd deem it to be good news...

On a side note: I met a troll once, he's dead now... Watch your back Dower... ;) (joking)... (kinda)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Ah balls, didn't see this before I posted the exact same link...

You win this round Mr. Dower... :D

Childish Gambino (aka. Donald Glover) released his new album "Camp" a couple of weeks ago...

Anyone who enjoyed the Trobed rap in the latest episode should check it out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Childish Gambino (aka. Donald Glover) released his new album "Camp" a couple of weeks ago...

Anyone who enjoyed the Trobed rap in the latest episode should check it out...

He is fanatic, bonfire and freaks and geeks arte two brilliant songs, lyrically very clever.

His remix of adele's doing was enjoyable aswell!

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    He is fanatic, bonfire and freaks and geeks arte two brilliant songs, lyrically very clever.

His remix of adele's doing was enjoyable aswell!

Been listening to Heartbeat on repeat for the last hour - not only is it one of Gambino's best songs, but probably soon to be one of my favourite songs of all time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Does his rapping style remind anyone else of Eminem? It's all I could think while listening to a few of his tracks the other night.

News of Community's probable renewal is most welcome. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Watched Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas earlier.... I'm in such a christmassy mood now!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Excellent episode, made ore so as I watched the Regionals episode of "Glee" yesterday. They were this close!
    For anyone who watches "Glee", there's so many great moments - such as seeing the guy who plays the piano and people wondering aloud if everyone can see him.
    They also spoofed the musical cues in "Glee"...
    So much to love.

On another note, does nobody hear watch "Chuck"? Not one reference to the Community stars!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

ixoy wrote: »
    Excellent episode, made ore so as I watched the Regionals episode of "Glee" yesterday. They were this close!
    For anyone who watches "Glee", there's so many great moments - such as seeing the guy who plays the piano and people wondering aloud if everyone can see him.
    They also spoofed the musical cues in "Glee"...
    So much to love.

On another note, does nobody hear watch "Chuck"? Not one reference to the Community stars!
    I did in the Chuck thread :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

This is awesome!

30a5965e0965ebe5b49c7975be208377.jpg

By Sam Spratt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

POP POP
    NBC entertainment chairman Bob Greenblatt bluntly acknowledged Friday that NBC had "a really bad fall" and needs stronger lead-in shows.

He also clarified that NBC's "Community" has not been canceled and will return in the spring, and said Harry Connick Jr. will join Mariska Hargitay on "Law and Order: SVU."

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,029 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Troy and Abed in the SPR-ING!

TV Line - Community to pay homage to Law & Order in crime-themed episode

Sound like it'll be good! It'll feature the return of Professor Kane, possibly Todd? If he's not in it there'll be OFFENCE TAAAAAAKEN!!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭muchacho

Interesting article on live TV streaming
    http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2012/01/beloved-beliked-tv/

"In our world, we’d much rather have Community than Two and a Half Men, and I don’t mean that as a criticism of Two and a Half Men. It’s great for advertisers that want to use that show as a proxy to get to this big audience. But for us, we’re much more excited about Community because while it’s a smaller audience, it’s an audience that self-organizes online. They’ll not only tell their friends to go watch it, they’ll spend time convincing someone on a bus to watch it."

BUMP for this - brilliant editing.

Very touching P.S.A. from Donald Glover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

When can we expect to see the new episodes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

30 Rock is getting worse numbers than Community in the same timeslot
    Hopefully this bodes well for Community and proves to NBC that nothing is going to do very well in such a competitive timeslot.

Gif unrelated

almost-kiss.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

phasers wrote: »
    Hopefully this bodes well for Community and proves to NBC that nothing is going to do very well in such a competitive timeslot.

Thanks Richard. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

phasers wrote: »

Gif unrelated

almost-kiss.gif
    tumblr_lyr2lokK5M1qanbtg.png

Soo - just in case the worst of the worst happens and Community doesn't come back, what are you favourite scenes from all 3 seasons?

Mine:

There are probably so so so many more, but those are the ones that jump out. What are yours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Soo - just in case the worst of the worst happens and Community doesn't come back, what are you favourite scenes from all 3 seasons?

Mine:

There are probably so so so many more, but those are the ones that jump out. What are yours?

How did you leave out the Christmas rap:eek:

Which episode is it that that gif is from? Not that I want to hear Britta go "Annie!" afterwards or anything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

amacachi wrote: »
    Which episode is it that that gif is from? Not that I want to hear Britta go "Annie!" afterwards or anything!

Early 21st Century Romanticism

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

streets ahead fighter

enhanced-buzz-wide-10782-1328563394-5.jpg

• Advertisement

Dean Craig is a lean, dean, cleaning machine
    enhanced-buzz-31116-1328992290-16.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

When is this back from hiatus?

youngblood wrote: »
    When is this back from hiatus?
    Not yet known..

If only Tina Fey had had the grace to end 30 Rock last season. Sigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

how long did this show last on Viva!?as far as i can remember it was only about the first half of season 1 and now instead we get infinite repeats of trash like two and a half men and laguna beach (although admittadly i used to watch that).i know its easier to just watch it via the internet but its still annoying cause sometimes u want to watch somethnig on a big screen.thank god for bittorrent(no btjunkie anymore though,boo) and my n-box!

Also Fallon replacing Leno on CNBC seriously!why would the replace the most famous talk show host in the world (apart from Gaybo) with Fallon's poor copy?I should have better things to worry about (like my leaving cert) but still

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

how long did this show last on Viva!?as far as i can remember it was only about the first half of season 1 and now instead we get infinite repeats of trash like two and a half men and laguna beach (although admittadly i used to watch that).i know its easier to just watch it via the internet but its still annoying cause sometimes u want to watch somethnig on a big screen.thank god for bittorrent(no btjunkie anymore though,boo) and my n-box!

Also Fallon replacing Leno on CNBC seriously!why would the replace the most famous talk show host in the world (apart from Gaybo) with Fallon's poor copy?I should have better things to worry about (like my leaving cert) but still

Community has never been given a chance over here, just a lack of appreciation for it in general. Pity that people prefer to watch the ironically laugh tracked Two and a Half men instead.

In other news Whitneys ratings are going down the toilet very very quickly. Result!

And loads of people don't like Leno, I know I don't. His reputation has taken a massive hit since the Conan scandal. Anyway back on topic, six seasons and a movie.

• Advertisement

i don't understand TAAHM's appeal especially now that Charlie Sheen is gone,he was the only half decent thing about the show,the kid is just older and annoying and John Cryer has to be the most weasely unfunny person on tv apart form David Mitchell (but thats for another day).Also,and maybe this has an explanation but i dont watch the show so i dont know,why the hell is Ashton Kutcher's character just living in a dead guy's house with the guys brother and nephew?

Heard that Whitney was crap alrite and it seemed inevitable that it is/will go/going down the can.have to admit i find whitney cummings herself annoying but strangely hot.same with chelsea hander,who looks like Elizabeth Banks if she was left out in the sun for about a week

Not saying that Leno is all that good btw,its just that his guests tend to be better and i just cant stand fallon,everything seems kinda forced or something.look up the family guy sketch about him to see what i mean.i prefer Conan personally and enjoyed when he hosted tonight show but its on way too late and i find myself just skipping through it on sky plus
    theyre all better than the late late though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Someone dies
    Let's all make random guesses about which Community character is going to die

Over the weekend, Joel McHale revealed that an upcoming episode of Community—which still has no scheduled return date, so apologies for the news alert—would feature the death of a familiar character. And this is pretty much all he revealed: While it's "probably" not one of the main ensemble, according to TV Guide, it is nevertheless "someone you've seen a lot." McHale then added as what may or may not be (and is probably not) a clue, "And he dies in the mid-afternoon." Short of any actual details, we now give over this space to you to spend your time until the show actually returns wildly speculating about who's going to die, and weighing the various pros and cons of each character versus the odds that they're expendable enough to disappear, before reaching the conclusion that it's probably Leonard or Fat Neil. Enjoy!

The old guy?

Starburns?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

We're getting fúcking Gus Fring too....I'm crossing my fingers that Al Swearangen or [insert name of a Sopranos antagonist here] shows up.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

enough with the spoilers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Des wrote: »
    Someone dies
    Let's all make random guesses about which Community character is going to die

Over the weekend, Joel McHale revealed that an upcoming episode of Community—which still has no scheduled return date, so apologies for the news alert—would feature the death of a familiar character. And this is pretty much all he revealed: While it's "probably" not one of the main ensemble, according to TV Guide, it is nevertheless "someone you've seen a lot." McHale then added as what may or may not be (and is probably not) a clue, "And he dies in the mid-afternoon." Short of any actual details, we now give over this space to you to spend your time until the show actually returns wildly speculating about who's going to die, and weighing the various pros and cons of each character versus the odds that they're expendable enough to disappear, before reaching the conclusion that it's probably Leonard or Fat Neil. Enjoy!

The old guy?

Starburns?

Annie's boobs.

• Advertisement

Someone dies

The old guy?

Starburns?
    I'm going to go with Leonard, as much as that pains me. But knowing Dan Harmon, it's going to be like Magnitude or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

enough with the spoilers

what spoilers? nothing has aired yet:confused:

I personally hope it's Magnitude. Stupid character.

wat

what spoilers? nothing has aired yet:confused:

Exactly and you're saying what's going to happen.

Just watched Mystery Team on Netflix (US) - a very funny independent comedy starring and co-written by Donald Glover.

Silly but very funny!

downloading that now.thought it was going to be crap but the trailer looks pretty good.has anybody seen donald glovers stand up? i saw the two a couple of weeks ago and thought they were excellent!pm me if u want to know where to get them

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭psicic

Basq wrote: »
    Just watched Mystery Team on Netflix (US) - a very funny independent comedy starring and co-written by Donald Glover.

Silly but very funny!

Yeah, was surprised to see that movie a few weeks ago and how good it was. Was also surprised because I'd seen so many Derrick Comedy videos on College Humor/Youtube over the years, but never realised it was Donald Glover in it. (It's probably wrong I find this so funny.)

downloading that now.thought it was going to be crap but the trailer looks pretty good.has anybody seen donald glovers stand up? i saw the two a couple of weeks ago and thought they were excellent!pm me if u want to know where to get them

Have seen both of Donald's Comedy Central shows - they're amazing. Highly recommend that you all check them out...

I also really enjoyed Mystery Team - good dumb fun...

Pretty sure Are You There Vodka, It's Me Chelsea will be pulled from the schedule in the next week or two, then hopefully they'll move 30 Rock to Wednesdays and Community can reclaim its rightful place on Thursdays...

Have seen both of Donald's Comedy Central shows - they're amazing. Highly recommend that you all check them out...

I also really enjoyed Mystery Team - good dumb fun...

Pretty sure Are You There Vodka, It's Me Chelsea will be pulled from the schedule in the next week or two, then hopefully they'll move 30 Rock to Wednesdays and Community can reclaim its rightful place on Thursdays...

the sugar/cocoa puffs-kanye west and armenian girl bits were my particular highlights of the comedy shows
    presumed either that or whitney will be canned soon cause the buzz is that theyre both rubbish.shame really cause i think chelsea lately can be pretty funny at times and see my earlier post for my opinions on whitney cummnings and chelsea handler.
    also wouldnt be holding my breath that it'll return to its original time because 30 rock seems to be way more of a ratings grabber although they can put it on at 4.30 am for all i care beacuse (a) i'll be watching it on my computer after downloading it and (b) i'll probably wait and build up a few episodes before i watch it,i might even wait until after my leaving because i'm already watching HIMYM and ,strangely enough for a guy, Gossip Girl?:confused:

the sugar/cocoa puffs-kanye west and armenian girl bits were my particular highlights of the comedy shows
    presumed either that or whitney will be canned soon cause the buzz is that theyre both rubbish.shame really cause i think chelsea lately can be pretty funny at times and see my earlier post for my opinions on whitney cummnings and chelsea handler.
    also wouldnt be holding my breath that it'll return to its original time because 30 rock seems to be way more of a ratings grabber although they can put it on at 4.30 am for all i care beacuse (a) i'll be watching it on my computer after downloading it and (b) i'll probably wait and build up a few episodes before i watch it,i might even wait until after my leaving because i'm already watching HIMYM and ,strangely enough for a guy, Gossip Girl?:confused:

30 Rock is pulling worse ratings in that timeslot than Community did...

Why have you put in a question mark after Gossip Girl?

• Advertisement
Advertisement