Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment- The Waiting to Apply Room

1727374757678»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Anyone else in the same boat where they highly regret missing the last recruitment drive? If so what are your plans for the foreseeable future with regards to keeping yourself occupied?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 THEFLAIRKING

Hey guys, any word on when the next recruitment drive is expected?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭kahmen

well now that my lc will be don in 6 weeks its time to sit in here and hop for a recrut mit drive to come arond but for the tim being its to colige i go to do medical tecnogy studys till the recrut ment opnes at lest il have somting to fall back on if it never dos

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭kahmen

Hey guys, any word on when the next recruitment drive is expected?
    no one nose but i was chating whit some one and thay say that the 250 to go in will come form the last drive and thay think after that 250 tare going to start a new drive
    hopfully it sttrue :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Era it will be 300 to 500 pa for the foreseeable future so it will come about..

To those straight out of school..go away and live your life for a bit first!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Copaholic

Its a good sign if the 500 figure is coming from the commissioner as at least she is aware of the impact of the recruitment ban had on the numbers. Increased recruitment would be great but its limited by the numbers that can get through Templemore. Perhaps throughput can be increased there but not sure what its limitations are. Is the 100 recruits at a time limited by accommodation on site or by the actual training facilities ?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭madbadger

Copaholic wrote: »
    Its a good sign if the 500 figure is coming from the commissioner as at least she is aware of the impact of the recruitment ban had on the numbers. Increased recruitment would be great but its limited by the numbers that can get through Templemore. Perhaps throughput can be increased there but not sure what its limitations are. Is the 100 recruits at a time limited by accommodation on site or by the actual training facilities ?

Its a number of factors... accommodation definitely is one, but also teaching resources (classrooms and number of tutors). From what I've heard going forward there will be 4 intakes of 125 per year. That will make up the 500 figure and is the most manageable way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Copaholic

Id say that you are spot on with the 125, 4 times a year. If that prevails than its about as good as anyone can expect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭pah

I joined in 2005 and at that stage they were taking over 250 every 3 months. The college was redeveloped to accommodate this and lots of accommodation was provided by locals as dig.

This might be affected by the new training programme though as the length of the training phases are different.

Recruitment is badly needed, read something today about Francis Fitzgerald not forwarding the breakdown of personnel across different districts to fianna fails justice spokesperson, despite requesting the figures for the last 5 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/PR15000117
    I'd say everyone in Templemore is hoping to get one of these 3 new stations
    Kevin St looks like something from Hawaii 5-0

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/minister-tells-new-garda-force-will-be-transformed-31167279.html
    This the first time it has happend

Three siblings in the same class ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

D Trent wrote: »
    http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/minister-tells-new-garda-force-will-be-transformed-31167279.html
    This the first time it has happend

Three siblings in the same class ?

Bit strange considering the competition was so tough this time round.. I wonder who their related to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

carzony wrote: »
    Bit strange considering the competition was so tough this time round.. I wonder who their related to?

Fair play to them. I heard the commissioners son didn't make it - and he was in the reserves.

redout wrote: »
    Fair play to them. I heard the commissioners son didn't make it - and he was in the reserves.

I'd be suprised if that was true..

I'd be suprised if that was true..

Tis true..

Any reliable link you can show me? i'd love to read up on it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Any reliable link you can show me? i'd love to read up on it..

I heard it from a Superintendent that I know. Could have sworn that I also read it on one of the Garda threads here months ago.

I heard it from a Superintendent that I know. Could have sworn that I also read it on one of the Garda threads here months ago.

Hearsay..

Might well be true but I doubt it...

• Advertisement

Whose to say the lad even applied for full time in the first place?
    Maybe he's happy being a prof photographer after all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

Heard it myself and also read about it here an age ago

No link as I doubt AGS publicise that sort of thing but afaik he is still in the GR. Fairly talented with the oul photography alright, he won an INTERPOL comp there last year for a picture he took at a crime checkpoint with the RSU in the frame.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/arresting-image-reserve-garda-wins-europol-photo-prize-30746708.html

''Ciaran, whose father is Det Supt Jim McGowan''

Who was promoted soon after his wifes appointent as commish btw...

I'm sure if anyone else had of taken that photo they would have been arrested lol...

Maybe i'm a bit to cynical though....

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭FletcherBelle

So any speculation on when recruitment will open again??

And if there will be new requirements?

What should I be doing to make my application stronger :0??

http://utv.ie/playlists/default.aspx?tag=News&bcid=4134557774001

little video i came across

Mod Edit: Moved from Garda Trainees thread. Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Devil08 wrote: »
    Please read and please sign. I will be emailing this to all TDs in the country today. About time someone stood up for themselves.

http://www.activism.com/en_IE/petition/better-conditions-for-new-garda-recruits/47596

Posted this few years ago and got dogs abuse...good to see its being looked at now. I was offered a place in AGS last year but turned it down. Conditions terrible. I know 2 people who joined in last couple of years and have left already. Hope members get what they deserve soon. Best of luck.

Advertisement