Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

The 2012 PW Draft *Discussion thread - voting info post 2048*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I know I got KENTA and Marufuji (sp?) last year thanks to the rule. I know Muta and someone keeps getting picked as well. There's enough "big" Japan guys to exploit while still retaining name recognition ;P

There's a small handful that everyone would know, but they don't really fall under the obscure tag picks Spongey was talking about I don't think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I really don't think final year will allow me to take part this year :( I'd be more than happy to give a hand though if D2D and BH want?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

can someone post links to the ppv write-up and final voting thread? would like to see how 2011 went down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

jaykhunter wrote: »
    can someone post links to the ppv write-up and final voting thread? would like to see how 2011 went down :)

Picks thread
    write ups
    and the winner is......

BTW, I'd like to point out that my low number picks must be some sort of draft record. I didn't get a top 10 pick 'til round 15/16

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Voltwad wrote: »
    I really don't think final year will allow me to take part this year :( I'd be more than happy to give a hand though if D2D and BH want?

Considering myself and D2D havent run this before I guess we dont know if extra help will be needed atm. Obviously we would keep that offer in mind should you not be able to compete but as you say itd good if you could though obviously college is more important.

tbh I alwasy find the draft a good distraction from things but never so much that you cant do everything else as taking months it isnt always the fastest moving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Just looking tat last years topic, and alot of people were calling for an anyone can be picked round near the end to add last minute big names to really put a twist on things. Could be brilliant to do this year, I need to get Akyama on my roster :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I have an amazing idea for a late stip round. If BH and D2D want me to use it, I gladly will, but for it to work properly they cannot even know what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

How about stirring it up a bit where we have a RIP round where we can only pick a wrestler who has passed on but here is the kicker we cannot pick a wrestler who has passed on until this stip round so for example you wont be able to pick Macho man in Rnd 1 you would have to wait for the RIP round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Good idea. There was an "RIP" round last time as well if memory serves. It was like another "pre 1970" round.

• Advertisement

tbh that was one of the stips i had in mind and was thinking of making it a lot earlier so that many of the big RIP names wouldnt be gone yet. keep the suggestions coming though we obviously have to have a certain number of normal rules apply rounds

tbh that was one of the stips i had in mind and was thinking of making it a lot earlier so that many of the big RIP names wouldnt be gone yet. keep the suggestions coming though we obviously have to have a certain number of normal rules apply rounds

ya we had one last year but by the time it came around most of the wrestlers who had passed on were already picked i.e Benoit, Brittish Buldog and owen hart etc but I think it be muc more interesting if we could not pick these wrestlers until the RIP stip round would make the 1st couple of rounds much more interesting to see who people pick if they cant pick a dead wrestler

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

The PW Draft .... equal parts entertaining and frustrating ...

Think the rules might need to be slightly reviewed from last year ... just to make things a bit clearer. (Such as if holding the WWWWF title counts as a world championship, managers subbing for partners in tag teams, etc...)

Love it when I find a loophole (like getting Ric Flair, in the second year I think, by taking him as a manager) .... but hate it whenever someone else does!

The PW Draft .... equal parts entertaining and frustrating ...

Think the rules might need to be slightly reviewed from last year ... just to make things a bit clearer. (Such as if holding the WWWWF title counts as a world championship, managers subbing for partners in tag teams, etc...)

Love it when I find a loophole (like getting Ric Flair, in the second year I think, by taking him as a manager) .... but hate it whenever someone else does!

The tag stip is one that I both love and hate I love it when it works for mee.g I got Drew McIntrye and Wade Barrett last year as they teamed together OVW maybe we should have it that the tag team had to have tagged together for 3 months but also have tagged on TV ( which would include ROH TV etc ) that would put a stop to the sneaky OVW picks etc

• Registered Users Posts: 84,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I say make the first round a stip round it will throw everyone's plans into chaos :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Possible stip for the first round this year - cannot pick a former world champion??

campo wrote: »
    How about stirring it up a bit where we have a RIP round where we can only pick a wrestler who has passed on but here is the kicker we cannot pick a wrestler who has passed on until this stip round so for example you wont be able to pick Macho man in Rnd 1 you would have to wait for the RIP round

Like it. Definetly throw's the unpredictability around
    gimmick wrote: »
    I have an amazing idea for a late stip round. If BH and D2D want me to use it, I gladly will, but for it to work properly they cannot even know what it is.

I'm for surprises so I'm for it:) Depends on BH though
    glenjamin wrote: »
    Possible stip for the first round this year - cannot pick a former world champion??

Really , really like this idea. Throw's a curveball into everyone's roster picks

Lads, those idea's are awesome but myself and BH will have to talk to sort out the rules and stip rounds. The way it's normally scheduled, the sign up thread will be opening in early January. The draft itself normally starts a few days after the sign up thread is closed. Then, around 2-3 months of fun, excitement, heartbreak and turmoil commence

I can pretty much guarantee that this year's draft will be the best yet. You really don't want to miss out on it.

soon:cool:

EDIT: only just seen Flah's message earlier in the thread now:
    flahavaj wrote: »
    It won't be the same without Gerard C. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

*Checks PW Board ten times a day so as not to miss a sign up thread*

:P

There is usually sign up threads, right?

EDIT: Just noticed it says early Janruary up above >_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Ah my favourite time of year.. Not Christmas but Draft planning time:pac:

• Advertisement

Not healthy with my dissertation due at the end of January but so irresistible!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I already have my plans drawn up to continue my story from last year! Here is hoping I get Benoit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Voltwad wrote: »
    Not healthy with my dissertation due at the end of January but so irresistible!

You should write your thesis on the PW Draft :p

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

1st round stip suggestion .... only wrestlers who have been world champions in Japan (new japan, all japan) or Mexico (CMLL, AAA)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Some potential new stips to throw some gravel in the machinery for people :p
    • Never had any of the <insert list of recognised championships>
    • Never wrestled against <insert list of big main names from all periods>
    • Never wrestled in <TNA/WWE/Europe/USA>
    • Has been a <insert list of titles>
    • Pick has to be used in a <insert type of match> (stip carries if traded)
    • Pick has to be involved in <type of storyline> (stip carries if traded)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm not even bothering with planning anything this year, since my plans all went out the window pretty quick last year. I'd love to get Punk and Apokalypse back together but I can imagine I'll have to get lucky to do that.

soon lads....very, very soon;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Stephens day soon? :pac:

It begins Jan 2nd 2012

• Advertisement

Gotta love this part of the Boards PW calendar with ATH coming up in the Spring :D

Advertisement