Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The winner of the 2011 Boards Draft is...

Options
  • 17-03-2011 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭

Well the contest that began back in January has finally reached its conclusion. We reached the final pick of the game with all 20 participants still in play, 17 of which were able to submit write-ups as well as their votes.

After a fantastic standard set last year, the bar was raised once again this year with some tremendous ideas and feuds set up.

All eligible votes have been counted and checked (several times I promise) and I can reveal to you in the closest battle we have EVER had in the Draft game's four years on the board, with a score of 72 points and a winning margin of just 1 point, the winner of the 2011 Boards PW Draft is...

...flahavaj!

NWA_LOGO_A_0562.jpg

Congratulations to flah on a fine win and it was evident as the votes came in that the 2009 winner had won many admirers with his show. You can take a look at the new champ's winning write-up here and here.

I'm sure others will join me in offering commiserations to the runner-up waltersobchak who pushed him ever so close with the tightest margin between first and second we've seen all these years. Coming in third place was thebostoncrab with another fine showing from I think a new entrant to the game. He was in with a real chance of victory as was the fourth placed finisher and last year's champ, Gerard.C. Any of these chaps could have conceivably won it which shows how close it was this year. A top four battle that the English Premiership would surely be proud of.

As with previous years if we present things as a table here is how everyone finished up:

1. flahavaj (C)...................................................................72 pts
    2. waltersobchak................................................................71 pts
    3. thebostoncrab................................................................63 pts
    4. Gerard.C........................................................................59 pts
    5. Teamshadowclan.............................................................48 pts
    = Voltwad..........................................................................48 pts
    6. Bounty Hunter.................................................................42 pts
    7. Mr Nice Guy....................................................................37 pts
    8. Spongey1975..................................................................33 pts
    9. SlickRic..........................................................................30 pts
    10. JP Liz...........................................................................14 pts
    11. campo..........................................................................10 pts
    12. Diabhal Beag...................................................................8 pts
    13. D.Q...............................................................................5 pts
    14. Cactus Colm....................................................................3 pts
    15. Dare_2_defy....................................................................1 pt
    16. Furious-Red.....................................................................0 pts

Bubs, CMPunked and glenjamin were unable to receive pts/votes due to not submitting their cards.

My thanks once again to gimmick for his help with the contest this year. Both of us agreed it ran very smoothly this year and for that my thanks go out to everyone who participated in the game.

I must reiterate how impressed I was with the creativity and the efforts put in this year and I think the table reflects that. I think even F-R is unlucky to get that score and I'd say it was more down to the problems he had submitting the card as his shows set a good standard too imo. Well done to all.

Like previous years, I'll later publish how everyone voted in the Discussion thread. If errors are spotted you can let me know, though I've checked it over and over so I would hope it's fine. That's about it for the 2011 PW Draft. Hopefully it proved a good bit of fun.

Congrats once more to flahavaj and let's all raise a glass to him on this St. Patrick's Day as the first ever 2 time PW Draft Champion. :cool:

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Jaysus thanks a million to whoever voted for me. A great year for the county again. Thanks especially to MNG for all his hard work as ever, you go above and beyond the call of duty every year with this.

I will have a full victory speech up later once the drink starts to flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Congrats Flah. Speech, speech, speech etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Top 3 is well deserved ans well done to Flah a deserved winner and thanks for the votes im delighted to be 11th moving up the table

• Registered Users Posts: 84,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Congrats flah, mightily close there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Congrats Flah, the title stays in Munster:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

deserving winner. Big time. Fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The most deserving of the lot. Great year for the Fla.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

wait a second you mispelled my name MNG its not Flahavaj, it's Bounty Hunter... :pac:

Fair play Flah, I actually found myself downplaying your roster a bit so as not yo influence others I think because tbh every match on your card was epic and excellently chosen & booked. A deserved winner!

I'm like Liverpool.... next year will be my year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I google imaged our Draft Winner and got this among the top 10 or so results....
    Man_Utd_Merchandise_Plastic_Mug.jpg

NWA_LOGO_A_0562.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYEVu2sm8erAdj9xU1CwmsHZMyRCfQ1eSwMriVNwpUUZUsKE1YUA&t=1

santina-marella-wwe-pro-wrestler-diva.jpg

****.jpg

epic-muffin-on-your-head-fail.jpg

fair representation of his Boards persona ?

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Well done flahavaj! As you can see by my votes I thought you deserved the number 1 spot so I'm delighted you got it. Well done to Walter for getting the silver too! Can't believe I came third, didn't think I'd make anyones top seven, the standard was astonding from everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Well done Flah, The Leinster Lads almost done it:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

But the Munster Mafia continue to rule PW Boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Unlucky walter bai, I'd have happlily been beaten by a man of your calibre.:)

Those google images are gas.

I felt f*cking rotten not giving the bostoncrab and Bounty Hunter any votes btw. Two superb efforts that were high up in my thinking but just missed out in the end. On another day I'd have left two others out, it was that close. Diabhal Beag as well I really wanted give points to but again it was a case of too amny good shows and not enough places. :(

Spongey I feel is a little unlucky to have finished where he did, I thought your roster had amazing depth and marked it accordingly high. Legends from top to bottom of the card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I'm only after getting back from an almighty session there now. Fair play to the bauld Flahavaj, as deserving a champeen as there ever was. Fair play to ya bai, you did us all proud with your gallant work!

Thanks to everyone who voted for me too by the by

Advertisement