Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanger Subtank

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

JH_raheny wrote: »
    I just checked, my subox kits didn't come with spare o-ring kits like you get in the subtank plus but I would say it's where your problem is

I wonder if they have modified the seals in the newer versions???

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Apparently this fixes it.Too little cotton in the coils.
    Looks like Ill just have to start rebuilding again.Dont think the issue was there when I was building my own coils.

http://www.kangerforum.com/subtank-mini-leak-fix-t319.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

You have probably said already but I don't remember , is it just the one subtank you have and that one is leaking or have you had more than one . I ask because I have had one of the sub tank minis since they came out and it has never leaked on me ... and I use it every single night . I broke out a second one that I had bought a while ago and have been using it most days for the last two weeks and it doesn't leak .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Has all the leaking been with the same coil ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Looks like Ill just have to start rebuilding again.Dont think the issue was there when I was building my own coils.

That looks like one of the new vertical coil OCCs, wonder if that's the problem - replaced mine with the RBA, so can't really comment in those new vetical coils myself, but never had that issue with the original OCC coils

• Advertisement

Hellrazer wrote: »

That looks like one of the new vertical coil OCCs, wonder if that's the problem - replaced mine with the RBA, so can't really comment in those new vetical coils myself, but never had that issue with the original OCC coils

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

anyone know where I could pick up a Nickel OCC coil for the Sub Tank around Dublin CC today?

just want to try out a temp control mod

kingtiger wrote: »
    anyone know where I could pick up a Nickel OCC coil for the Sub Tank around Dublin CC today?

just want to try out a temp control mod

Head down to Talbot St, there's a Kix and ECirette store not too far from each other, one of them might have them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Purplebox in Templebar and the Vape café on Capel St. should have them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Ionised

kingtiger wrote:

PM me your address and I'll throw one in the post to you if you can't get hold of one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Head down to Talbot St, there's a Kix and ECirette store not too far from each other, one of them might have them...
    I wouldn't shop in there to be honest, way overpriced, junk kits, awful juice!
    Also, I'm not sure who owns the chain.
    ecirette, purplebox, vape caffe or vintage vapes rooms. 4 great stores all in the city centre.

Couldn't source one, so bought a jig and nickel wire from fastech

Time I gave making my own coils a shot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mr.lollo14

Hi guys, I'm vaping with my subox and subtank mini but I almost finished my bases I need to buy some..
    I went few days ago to Ecirette in Talbot Street (Dublin) but I didn't find any. (I bought some FlavourArt concentrate at a good price, lot of choice).
    I would like to try a 70Vg-30Pg and also I need a base with nicotine..
    Which shops are in the Dublin city centre where I can find some?

Btw, I started today my Rba, it's a pleasure to vape with 1 oHm, 2,5mm 6 coils Kanthal A1 0,28mm, huge clouds and great flavor, perfect compromise!!
    I just fall in love with the Evic vtc-mini..I'll need to wait I just bought my subox and it works to fine for sell it :D:D

If someone is interested I have an organic Tobacco from Italy, it's crazy good, but I quitted from smoke and I don't like that taste anymore..I swap it for a base :)

Hi guys, I'm vaping with my subox and subtank mini but I almost finished my bases I need to buy some..
    I went few days ago to Ecirette in Talbot Street (Dublin) but I didn't find any. (I bought some FlavourArt concentrate at a good price, lot of choice, how someone can say high price? 4,9€ each!)
    I would like to try a 70Vg-30Pg and also I need a base with nicotine..
    Which shops are in the Dublin city centre where I can find some? (purplebox, the vape room, vape caffe, and ecirette don't have any, only the vape room has for 15ml 5-10€ if I'm not wrong.)

Btw, I started today my Rba, (great job from Kanger with OCC, I would like to have one of the hold horizontal, if someone want we can swap one, I have 4 Occ vertical 1,2 ohm) it's a pleasure to vape with 1 oHm, 2,5mm 6 coils Kanthal A1 0,28mm, huge clouds and great flavor, perfect compromise!!
    I just fall in love with the Evic vtc-mini..I'll need to wait I just bought my subox and it works to fine for sell it :D:D

If someone is interested I have an organic Tobacco from Italy, it's crazy good, but I quitted from smoke and I don't like that taste anymore..I swap it for a base :)

Het lollo

Get your base from

http://www.vapebase.de

I buy it by the litre, lasts a good four-six months

I get my concentrate from

http://www.inaweraflavours.com/en

Or

http://picknmixdiy.com (they have nice glass 30ml bottles as well)

Thanks dude! :D

Didihno wrote: »
    I wouldn't shop in there to be honest, way overpriced, junk kits, awful juice!
    Also, I'm not sure who owns the chain.
    ecirette, purplebox, vape caffe or vintage vapes rooms. 4 great stores all in the city centre.

Always passed them by myself until last week, just popped in to see what they had, ended up leaving with a ceramic tweezers, yea, it seemed over-priced, but so did the wire cutters i bought in Maplins!

More of a place to try if you're stuck really or in a hurry! Don't get the impression any of the staff vape themselves either, so not very helpful if you need it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

TBH I'm nearing the end of my tether with my sub tank Nano. I've had a couple of 1.2 coils burn out at 11 watts(newer vertical ones) and the leaking is becoming ridiculous. Not every time with every coil, but the inconsistency is driving me nuts. TBH I stuck with it so far because when they work the flavour is nice, but I'm defo looking around for an alternative. Any ideas? OK I could try the fix with the cotton stuffing, but I shouldn't have to.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Wibbs wrote: »
    TBH I'm nearing the end of my tether with my sub tank Nano. I've had a couple of 1.2 coils burn out at 11 watts(newer vertical ones) and the leaking is becoming ridiculous. Not every time with every coil, but the inconsistency is driving me nuts. TBH I stuck with it so far because when they work the flavour is nice, but I'm defo looking around for an alternative. Any ideas? OK I could try the fix with the cotton stuffing, but I shouldn't have to.

I use a mini and can't get on with the stock could at all. It is a different beast altogether with the rebuildable

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Which is cool FF and good to hear it's working well for you, but I'm not into the rebuilding at all and couldn't see myself going that route TBH. Certainly not as a regular thing anyway.

In the last half hour on a three day old coil it went from reading 1.2 something to 0.08 ohms and is leaking like a bastard. I've now decanted what liquid was left into a GS Air I had laying around. No leaks and still reading the same Ohms after way more than three days on the same liquid and wattage. Taste isn't as good yes and it tends to splutter more at times, but it was a tenner if memory serves(and holds more juice). A pity cos the Kangertech appealed to me in design terms and flavour but so far the KT Emow tank I had stripped its threads(and leaked like a bitch) after only two months and now this Nano is doing my effin head in.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    Which is cool FF and good to hear it's working well for you, but I'm not into the rebuilding at all and couldn't see myself going that route TBH. Certainly not as a regular thing anyway.

In the last half hour on a three day old coil it went from reading 1.2 something to 0.08 ohms and is leaking like a bastard. I've now decanted what liquid was left into a GS Air I had laying around. No leaks and still reading the same Ohms after way more than three days on the same liquid and wattage. Taste isn't as good yes and it tends to splutter more at times, but it was a tenner if memory serves(and holds more juice). A pity cos the Kangertech appealed to me in design terms and flavour but so far the KT Emow tank I had stripped its threads(and leaked like a bitch) after only two months and now this Nano is doing my effin head in.

Where do you get the coils, are they genuine Kanger?

Rewicking the rebuildable coil is very easy Wibbs, give it a shot you can't break anything

and as FF says the SubTank rocks when you get the nack of it

Just follow this annoying guy (jump to 3:07)

Where do you get the coils, are they genuine Kanger?
    One of those Kix shops and yep they're genuine checked the anti fake barcode thingie. I actually had the first leakage with one of the coils supplied with the tank. Plus "leaking Kanger" will break Google :) so I'm not alone.
    kingtiger wrote: »
    Rewicking the rebuildable coil is very easy Wibbs, give it a shot you can't break anything

and as FF says the SubTank rocks when you get the nack of it
    Appreciate the link KT, but as I said I don't want to be getting into all that stuff. It's just not for me. I'm not that geeky with stuff like that(with vaping, I would be in other things so I do understand the appeal and the savings). I just want a fully realised product where I can stick everything together and vape. So far, though the Kanger stuff looks the biz and yes has great flavour(when it works) the stuff isn't great longevity wise and leaks. At least in my hands. And except for trying the 0.5 coil that came with it I don't sub ohm, almost never go above 17 watts and no way would I be getting into temp control nickel(for all sorts of reasons), so hardly pushing the technology.

I dunno lads I'm just wary of spending more hard earned on yet another Kanger product/tank, that might be grand if I start building my own coils. You know? That said the flavour is better so it a bit of a :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

I think I have some vertical coils still , I'll swap you for the rba one if you're not going to use it anyway

Thanks for the offer JH, but I don't have a Mini that comes with the RBA, I have a nano.

I reckon you'd love a Carto tank Wibbs.

It's old skool, but I still think it gives a far better flavour than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

The rubber seal is on correctly?

Or is it leaking through the air holes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I reckon you'd love a Carto tank Wibbs.

It's old skool, but I still think it gives a far better flavour than anything else.

They were great for taste,I think I still have about a dozen of them left including tanks,I'll share them out if anyone wants one or two of them,can't afford postage costs but send me a small jiffy & you're welcome to them.

moleyv wrote: »
    The rubber seal is on correctly?

Or is it leaking through the air holes?
    Yep and yep. Seems to be mostly leaking through the coil air holes. It varies in severity from coil to coil. Some are much better than others. The one I put in the other day(after the last one died/blew, but didn't leak much at all) is like a bloody tap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Have you tried a nautilius? I have a full size one with a few months and it never leaks, less airflow than the subtank but I prefer it that way.

Really good hassle free vape.

Advertisement