Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanger Subtank

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Is it leaking near the air holes???Mine is/ was the same.

You need to make sure the coil is really,really tight in there.

Also it could be condensation..on the kanger site theres a FAQ that says to regularly clean out the air flow base.
    I just get a tissue rolled up everytime im refilling and clean around in there. Then Open the air flow fully and blow in to it a couple of Times and you'll see the juice come out of it.

No leaking now since ive made it part of my refilling regime.

Still annoying though.

Definitely not condensation sometimes there's enough to cover my hand in juice.

It seems to be coming from the join below the air holes.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Definitely not condensation sometimes there's enough to cover my hand in juice.

It seems to be coming from the join below the air holes.

Same here.Check that the coil is tight.When I say tight Id say you`ll probably get another 1/4 turn on it.
    It has to be really tight into the base.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Another good tip (for the RBA section) is to make sure the wick isn't too tight against the airholes. Over time even if you left a nice gap for airflow initially the wick can move by itself.

This is particularly useful if you find the coil still burning juice after you've let go of the power button which is probably the main cause of dry hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Don't know if this has been mentioned but I read a great tip on reddit about the rba section, if you make sure the cotton is not in contact with the legs of the coil you completely eliminate popping.

I've been doing this for the last few builds and it works a treat. Popping was driving me mad especially on sub ohm builds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Don't know if this has been mentioned but I read a great tip on reddit about the rba section, if you make sure the cotton is not in contact with the legs of the coil you completely eliminate popping.

I've been doing this for the last few builds and it works a treat. Popping was driving me mad especially on sub ohm builds.
    Oh, thats nice. Great tip. Popping annoys the sh1t out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

After two weeks with this tank, must say I'm delighted with it. Flavor and vapour production are both fantastic. Getting great mileage from the stock coils aswell.
    Had a leaking issue initially, but as someone mentioned above, make your filling routine, a quick cleaning routine and your golden!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

trixiebust wrote: »
    After two weeks with this tank, must say I'm delighted with it. Flavor and vapour production are both fantastic. Getting great mileage from the stock coils aswell.
    Had a leaking issue initially, but as someone mentioned above, make your filling routine, a quick cleaning routine and your golden!!
    do you use the rba at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭starlight09

Must of missed this post,I have been using one for about a month now (0.5 coils) but it has been hard work for me,for a start,difficult to do mouth to lung on all settings of the air flow,so I tend to just do lung hits,reason I am finding it hard is because all my liquids are 24mg & that strength with lung hit is bluddy hard.
    This is why I haven't used the RBA on it,been trying to save money out of my disability pension so I can buy some 6mg juice & really give this subtank a good beefing,I now have juice on the way.
    I never tried the 1.2 coil because the .5 coil is still performing after a month & no need to swap them out.
    When I buy again,it will be a Delta II (just for a change) great reports again,I would say that there is no difference between the Subtank & Delta II.
    Sorry,not alot of info to be said at the moment.

Im new to vaping, what do you mean by 'mouth to lung?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

Im new to vaping, what do you mean by 'mouth to lung?

Mouth to lung is like the way you used to smoke a cigarette , inhale the smoke into your mouth and then draw it down to your lungs , direct lung inhale is where you take it in the same way as breathing , so it goes directly into your lungs from the tank . It takes a bit of getting used to .

• Advertisement

jonski wrote: »
    Mouth to lung is like the way you used to smoke a cigarette , inhale the smoke into your mouth and then draw it down to your lungs , direct lung inhale is where you take it in the same way as breathing , so it goes directly into your lungs from the tank . It takes a bit of getting used to .

I gave up the cigs and I miss that hit. Im using 100% VG juice with 18mg nicotine. I have an aspire K1 and sometimes I can feel juice in my mouth even though Im careful filling it, Its way too small anyway, I was thinking of getting a subtank mini but after googling it I read I should be looking at a Lemo2. Have you any ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

I gave up the cigs and I miss that hit. Im using 100% VG juice with 18mg nicotine. I have an aspire K1 and sometimes I can feel juice in my mouth even though Im careful filling it, Its way too small anyway, I was thinking of getting a subtank mini but after googling it I read I should be looking at a Lemo2. Have you any ideas.

I don't have a Lemo so I can't comment on them . I am under the impression that you get more of a throat hit from PG then VG but I would wait for someone with more knowledge to come in and comment on that . Maybe call into your local vendor and see if he has a Nautilus mini set up that you could try , I know my guy here In ecigshop in Limerick has .

Well after getting more info on the Lemo2, I wont be going with it. Unfortunately I cant use PG so Im trying to get the best equipment together. Its expensive so I want to get it right if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Well after getting more info on the Lemo2, I wont be going with it. Unfortunately I cant use PG so Im trying to get the best equipment together. Its expensive so I want to get it right if I can.

Lemo 2 is a great tank but it has a VERY airy draw, if you don't like that go with either original lemo or lemo drop but even better the Kanger Subtank

deco nate wrote: »
    do you use the rba at all?

Yeah, have two subtanks. I have the 1.2 coil in one, and the rba in the other. Had to reduce my nic levels in my juices for both. Found even 10mg was too strong, so I reduced it to 6mg.

Looking for some help....
    Tried out the rba base on my mini tonight and all it keeps saying is check atomizer when I fire it. First tried it with the stock coil it came with, then another two, but they all do the same when I try it.
    Thought it might be the screws weren't making a connection, so changed them to the spares, but no joy.
    Any ideas?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Does the RBA base have an adjustable screw in the 510 connector? Might need to be adjusted to make contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Tried out the rba base on my mini tonight and all it keeps saying is check atomizer when I fire it. First tried it with the stock coil it came with, then another two, but they all do the same when I try it.
    Thought it might be the screws weren't making a connection, so changed them to the spares, but no joy.
    Any ideas?!!!

Need more info... Is it the istick mini or some other mini that you are talking about & the subtank rba base,if so,try the rba on another mod,if it works ok then the 510 pin on the istick mini will not adjust up to make contact or the resistance is too low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Any ideas?!!!

If its the iStick Mini it wont fire below 1.0 ohms. The stock coil that comes with the RBA is 0.5. Throw in the 1.2ohm stock coil and it'll be fine on the mini

Need more info... Is it the istick mini or some other mini that you are talking about & the subtank rba base,if so,try the rba on another mod,if it works ok then the 510 pin on the istick mini will not adjust up to make contact or the resistance is too low.
    Trond wrote: »
    If its the iStick Mini it wont fire below 1.0 ohms. The stock coil that comes with the RBA is 0.5. Throw in the 1.2ohm stock coil and it'll be fine on the mini
    Soundman wrote: »
    Does the RBA base have an adjustable screw in the 510 connector? Might need to be adjusted to make contact.

Sorry, probably didn't explain myself properly last night. Its the subtank mini rba. Will not fire on any of my mods( istick 30 & 50w ). The rba does have an adjustable pin / screw on the bottom. Adjusted it and now it says shorted. Think that's the problem, the bottom of the rba will not connect with the mod. But the screw only goes so far before it falls out!

• Advertisement

The rba chimney part is very tight tolerance, my bet is that a tiny part of one of the coil legs are touching the inside of the chimney giving you the short msg

JH_raheny wrote: »
    The rba chimney part is very tight tolerance, my bet is that a tiny part of one of the coil legs are touching the inside of the chimney giving you the short msg

Thanks, i'll give it another look. Only got the short msg after i adjusted the bottom bit of the rba section to loosen it a bit. Before that all I was getting check atomizer msg. I think the problem is the screw / pin on the bottom of the rba, its not connecting to the bottom part of the base of the subtank mini ( if that makes sense!! ).
    Have another subtank mini and had no problems with the rba. Very frustrating.
    Anyone have experience sending stuff back to Fasttech?

Makes sense that you only got the short msg when it actually connected base wise.
    I had the short thing when I replaced the coil in the rba the first time and it was only the tinyest piece sticking out that needed cutting

Makes sense that you only got the short msg when it actually connected base wise.
    I had the short thing when I replaced the coil in the rba the first time and it was only the tinyest piece sticking out that needed cutting

Its definitely the bottom part of the rba not connecting to the actual base part of the subtank when I screw it down.
    Read on another forum about the same problems. Somebody posted they wrapped a piece of kanthal through the holes on the bottom of the rba and then it made a connection. Tried this and now it fires. Doubt this is safe though.
    Seems connection is off by a few mm. Back to Fasttech it goes....

Im seriously getting pissed off with the subtank.While the flavour is great and the tank itself is easy to use the leaking is really pissing me off big time.

I usually carry my equipment in a shirt pocket and the amount of stains from different juices is incredible.Theres one shirt Ive had to throw out after my subtank leaked.

It still smells of Kingscrest Empire after about 10 washes!!!!

Anyway rant over--has anyone come up with a solution to these things leaking???
    I used to do the whole clean out the air adjustment piece every fill--Thought that had it sorted..nope.
    Changed the oring--thought that had sorted it--nope
    Used a thicker oring on the coil--thought that sorted it--nope.

My gs air never leaked ever but the flavour isn't the same with the gs air versus the subtank.

My head is melted trying to get this thing sorted.Its an obsession now.
    Ive even considered filling up the lower air flow piece with coil cotton to see if that fixes it.

So I need help,,or else I need a new tank that doesn't leak!!!!

What are you using for wicking and what pg/vg ratio ?
    I only use koh-gen-do for wicking and high vg liquid and have almost zero leaking out of two minis and two plus tanks that I have using last few months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Hellrazer wrote: »

So I need help,,or else I need a new tank that doesn't leak!!!!

Hellrazer,

I have the first subtank mini that came out 6 months ago (silver). I too was getting a leaking issue with it. i wrapped an elastic band around where the bottom seal is and it is grand for the most part. I would not trust it in a shirt pocket though :P

I have just bought two SUBOX mini kits and i have not experienced any leaking in the few days i have had them

The ones I have are from subox mini kits as well

What are you using for wicking and what pg/vg ratio ?
    I only use koh-gen-do for wicking and high vg liquid and have almost zero leaking out of two minis and two plus tanks that I have using last few months

Just standard OCC coils.
    I vape Liqua American Blend and mix it down from 12mg nic to 6 using 100% vg.
    Wouldn't be sure of the exact ratio.Probably somewhere between 60-70%
    moonboy52 wrote: »
    Hellrazer,

I have the first subtank mini that came out 6 months ago (silver). I too was getting a leaking issue with it. i wrapped an elastic band around where the bottom seal is and it is grand for the most part. I would not trust it in a shirt pocket though :P

I was thinking of trying that ie replacing o rings with larger ones.Problem is Im not sure where exactly its leaking from.Its like its leaking from above the adjuster ring--you can actually see it when you are adjusting the air flow..Starts out like little droplets and then if its left it`ll cover the the istick with juice.

And you know these isticks and apparently exploding.Not sure I trust it leaking all over it.

• Advertisement

I just checked, my subox kits didn't come with spare o-ring kits like you get in the subtank plus but I would say it's where your problem is

Advertisement