Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Fish Balti

A11B94724F724123A9A2654E39181516-0000353053-0003724750-00800L-D23A5ED79A7A4C50B5F99998DB13C793.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Made this week's cooking club dish as I had all the ingredients in hand - Mediterranean Beef Burger, served with homemade garlic mayo, tomato, basil, cheddar & mozzarella, and homemade rustic chips.

IMG_20150206_191708_zpsrbdx4r9_edit_1423252933515_zpsnaj2vrmr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Chilli chicken!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

Butternut squash (unpeeled) and sage risotto.
    vx0wvm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

Could someone from this thread please adopt me. The food always just looks so heavenly. It's nearly 9pm and I don't even know if I ate anything yet today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Last nights dinner was oxtail stew on wet polenta.

IMG_0587_thumb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

We had spaghetti bolognese with garlic bread and followed with a Friday treat Creme Brulee :):)

2r79buc.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Dinner was steak with gratinée dauphinois, baked leeks and a pepper brandy sauce. For starters egg mayonnaise; first time I ever made mayonnaise, and it wasn't the greatest success. It curdled a bit. I won't give up, though, I'll try again.
    Bonus was the dessert of meringue made from egg whites left over from the mayonnaise, with whipped cream and home grown raspberries. SO FULL...

DSC_0135_zps16bc0088.jpg

Dinner tonight was Pomelo salad with nashi pear and mint, Jerk chicken wings, and spicy potato wedges.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

cofy wrote: »
    We had spaghetti bolognese with garlic bread and followed with a Friday treat Creme Brulee :):)

Creme brulee...yum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Work went on a bit later than planned so had in my head a nice roast Chicken but due to constraints (see when you eat thread!). So got some Rib eyes from Dunnes along with some Thai prawns and did a surf n'turf. Served with Chunky Chips and long stemmed broccoli.

Got meself a nice bottle of Burgundy on the way home which went well with the dish. Didnt do my best with the meat but it was OK, the rest was very tasty.

Roast Chicken tonight in celebration hopefully of the Irish lads doing as the ladies did last night in the Rugger!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Cheese stuffed burger with fried onions.
    IMG_20150207_152009_zps2rmgunbx.jpg

Made a batch of blueberry muffins with the kids this afternoon.

IMG_0593_2_thumb.jpg

Then we had haggis with neeps ‘n tatties and onion gravy for dinner tonight.

IMG_0603_2_thumb.jpg

Followed by Steamed Blueberry sponge pudding with custard for dessert

IMG_0594_2_thumb.jpg

I had two more beef patties from last night's Mediterranean Beef Burger; since it's just myself and the kids this evening I divided the second patty into two baby burgers. As before, served in seeded slim buns with tomato, basil and garlic mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

A Jamie Oliver sausage meat pasta recipe, very tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Last night was lamb stew. God I'd forgotten how delicious it was.

Tonight my boyfriend has something on, so I am doing bacon ribs and cabbage. I can't wait. I love bacon ribs (not a fan of bacon pieces/joints), but half a plate of cabbage, drizzle of butter cabbage, and two racks of bacon ribs. Mmmm.

Might pick up a Rioja rosé to have later as well :)

A Jamie Oliver sausage meat pasta recipe, very tasty!

Pregnant Jools' Pasta? Yum. Haven't had that in ages.

Samosa Pie

280B8C170C114271BD5ED76351DFE254-0000353053-0003724825-00800L-F865A6A142AA405FA3FD65720137BC0D.jpg

Could have done with a side salad or something, but often when I try out a new recipe I get so excited about it that I completely forget to think about sides :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Mrs Fox wrote: »

Yep! Very very nice and quick too

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Mrs Fox wrote: »

I love that. The OH doesn't though! :(

Keep meaning to make it for lunch so I can have it for myself, but I never get around to it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

5unflower wrote: »
    Samosa Pie

Could have done with a side salad or something, but often when I try out a new recipe I get so excited about it that I completely forget to think about sides :D

Samosa filling in filo pastry?

That's a brilliant idea - I love samosas, but dislike deep-frying things.

Yep, the filo pastry sheets were simply crunched up and put on top of the mince mixture, recipe was in this month's Good Food magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Had bacon and cabbage last night ... Something I used to hate as a child buy love it now thanks to the fact that my husband uses White cabbage and only cooks it for 10 mins so it's still nice and crunchy. No soggy green cabbage in sight!

Saturday night was curry night - so we had a lovely, rich, yummy vegetable and chickpea korma, complete with fresh poppadums.

Somewhere in the background, my husband is pouring me a lovely pint of German lager to go with it :)

5unflower wrote: »
    Yep, the filo pastry sheets were simply crunched up and put on top of the mince mixture, recipe was in this month's Good Food magazine.

I'll give that a try, thanks for the idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,350 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

bee06 wrote: »
    No soggy green cabbage in sight!

Used to love soggy green cabbage. Anyone know how do you get it to go soggy, add soda bicarbonate or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

You cook it longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Visiting the family this weekend so last night was a feed of spuds, cabbage, cauliflower, ribs, and bacon.

Made a right pig of myself, I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Friday night was roast free range, slightly hairy :eek: belly pork:D
    Roast carrots, parsnips, garlic and potatoes.
    Fennel braised in butter, orange juice, white wine and a little honey.
    Mustard and marmalade gravy (not pictured).

Ended up eating (mostly) the ribs and crackling, saving the lion's share of the meat for last night's leftovers dinner (with curly kale) and some snacks/sambos.

Along with the pork, the fennel was star of the show!

7tnFxs.jpg

4BgVRK.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

Friday night was roast free range, slightly hairy :eek: belly pork:D
    Roast carrots, parsnips, garlic and potatoes.
    Fennel braised in butter, orange juice, white wine and a little honey.
    Mustard and marmalade gravy (not pictured).

Ended up eating (mostly) the ribs and crackling, saving the lion's share of the meat for last night's leftovers dinner (with curly kale) and some snacks/sambos.

Along with the pork, the fennel was star of the show!

Yeah, but, was it homegrown ?? ;) The butcher probably didn't have any shaving foam anymore. Lol.
    It looks absolutely devine anyway.

And fennel is one of my most favourite veg. I usually braise/sautee in olive oil, together with my fav condiment : anchovy and add lemon zest and juice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement