Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

BaZmO* wrote: »
    No need really. Cold cans put into a coolbox and then throw in a bag of ice on top of the cans. The beer will easily stay fridge cold for the weekend.

As mentioned previously, the key is to start with cold cans first and then add the ice, otherwise the warm cans will just melt the ice.

Ah you wouldn't get enough cans in a coolbox to last one night, let alone a whole weekend. I've always just brought in a couple of slabs and a coolbox full of ice (and sausages). Put a few cans at a time into the box to cool them down, but of course that melts the **** out of the ice.

What if I ate the foil before drinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I'm a EP virgin.. so would be helpful if someone could provide a quick run down of the camping sites and their location/noise levels etc...

You'd have to see a map. Even one from last year would help, as the layout is pretty much the same.

The campsites furthest from the arena are quietest (doh), Jimi Hendrix is mayhem. Oscar Wilde is pretty ok to camp in.
    byrneg28 wrote: »
    This is my first time at a festival in 5 years, has anybody got any suggestions or a big list of what I should/shouldn't bring ..

Sorry if this has been covered already :(

A lot will depend on the weather and how much rain falls the week before. Wellingtons, black sacks to keep clothes dry & other stuff, drugs (as in hangover, dioralyte, tummy tablets etc.), baby wipes, a warm sleeping bag. Typical stuff. Rain jacket or poncho, if wet, then bring plenty of dry socks.
    Hey guys, heading down to EP for the first time, just wondering that the situation is with showers? also debating brining down minimal drink and just stocking up in the offo down there, is there much of an increase in the price?
    thanks guys

Well you do have Supervalu in the town to buy drink.

If you have the freezer bag with ice. Would covering the can with a wet kitchen towel, and putting it on the ice cool it quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Dowdy wrote: »
    Ah you wouldn't get enough cans in a coolbox to last one night, let alone a whole weekend.
    That does of course depend on the size of your coolbox, ahem......and how much beer you'd need for a night. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

anyone know where to buy the hypothermal foil

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

byrneg28 wrote: »
    anyone know where to buy the hypothermal foil
    dealz 1.49 euro shops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 VelvetVicks

Steroo wrote: »
    anyone's campervan ticket arrive yet in post??

By the looks of it Ticketmaster haven't dispatched them yet. At least that's why my order still says.

That does of course depend on the size of your coolbox, ahem......and how much beer you'd need for a night. ;)

I've been told that my coolbox is around average size, although such reassurances are often accompanied by snickering.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

By the looks of it Ticketmaster haven't dispatched them yet. At least that's why my order still says.

Same here.

Dowdy wrote: »
    I've been told that my coolbox is around average size, although such reassurances are often accompanied by snickering.
    If it's any reassurance, I've heard that it's not the size that's important, it's what you do with it.

pjf2013 wrote: »
    Anyone know what way the wristbands work out when youre in the campervan area and have driven over the thursday night.

From what I understand from others, you dont get them till the friday morning so I'm guessing we just head out to the normal entrance and get them?

The reason i'm curious is one of the guys is coming over the thursday night but isnt staying in the campervan with us for the weekend, only the thursday night.

Yup, you stay in campervan area thursday night and then get wristbands on the friday morning. As long as everyone in the camper has a ticket then you'll be fine. You can't go anywhere but the campervan area on thursday night so don't be expecting to be able to wander the site.

EDIT: there's no difference in the wrist band for people in campervan area so your friend can come and go to the campervan area all weekend. I think it's just sunday day trippers that might have a problem getting into the camper area.

A couple of things to point out about bringing a campervan that catches out a lot of people, including myself in years past. Don't bring any bottles in the camper, and no generator. Security board every camper on the way in and search it thoroughly for glass bottles, and they will remove them. Same with any generator they find. You can pick up the generator on the way out when going home monday morning so it's not a major deal unless you are relying on it for power. A friend of mine brought one last year rather than fix his leisure battery and got caught out.

They will give you time to transfer any drink to plastic bottles if you have some spare bottles (i tipped out water to keep my rum) but it's best to have all that done before you arrive.

EDIT: Cans are fine btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Any decent can deals on at the mo? Brought Prazsky last year for €1 a can, but wouldn't mind getting something a bit nicer this year so I don't have to drink the equivalent of warm urine every morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Any decent can deals on at the mo? Brought Prazsky last year for €1 a can, but wouldn't mind getting something a bit nicer this year so I don't have to drink the equivalent of warm urine every morning!

If you buy a 4 pack of pravsky, while buying other stuff.. pierce the barcode at the end of the packet and make the barcode on the can visible, the worker will become frustrated trying to scan the thing and end up scanning the bar for the individual can meaning you get 4 cans for a euro

If it's any reassurance, I've heard that it's not the size that's important, it's what you do with it.

I usually just sit on it while it gradually gets wetter and warmer, occasionally rummaging my hand around it until I'm satisfied.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I remember Tesco having decent deals on the week leading up to EP last year

Will the blow up church be there this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pjf2013

Yup, you stay in campervan area thursday night and then get wristbands on the friday morning. As long as everyone in the camper has a ticket then you'll be fine. You can't go anywhere but the campervan area on thursday night so don't be expecting to be able to wander the site.

EDIT: there's no difference in the wrist band for people in campervan area so your friend can come and go to the campervan area all weekend. I think it's just sunday day trippers that might have a problem getting into the camper area.

A couple of things to point out about bringing a campervan that catches out a lot of people, including myself in years past. Don't bring any bottles in the camper, and no generator. Security board every camper on the way in and search it thoroughly for glass bottles, and they will remove them. Same with any generator they find. You can pick up the generator on the way out when going home monday morning so it's not a major deal unless you are relying on it for power. A friend of mine brought one last year rather than fix his leisure battery and got caught out.

They will give you time to transfer any drink to plastic bottles if you have some spare bottles (i tipped out water to keep my rum) but it's best to have all that done before you arrive.

EDIT: Cans are fine btw.

Thanks for the reply and info, I understand all the:stay in campervan zone thursday night, plastic bottles and generator stuff. I was just wondering about the wristbands as he'll have to meet other mates on the friday morning as they are staying in boutique and will be arriving then. just need to figure out if it'll be more hassle for him or not to stay the thursday night

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Too late to try get this guy over?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Finkployd

Putting together a must see list (no particular order), any glaring omissions?

London Grammar
    The Districts
    Portishead
    Beck
    Temples
    King Kong Company
    Wolf Alice
    Sh1t Robot
    Le Galaxie
    St. Vincent
    Perfume Genius
    Asgeir

I've been made a promise that none of the above will clash

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Finkployd wrote: »
    Putting together a must see list (no particular order), any glaring omissions?

London Grammar
    The Districts
    Portishead
    Beck
    Temples
    King Kong Company
    Wolf Alice
    Sh1t Robot
    Le Galaxie
    St. Vincent
    Perfume Genius
    Asgeir

I've been made a promise that none of the above will clash

Flume, Rustie, Glass Animals, SBTRKT :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rockey4215

That Jenny Lewis post seems to have been edited to omit the Picnic date. Do ya reckon they did that to wait til the festival announces it? I got so excited earlier, it can't not happen now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Please be gentle with me cos I am an aul wan but who is Jenny Lewis???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Please be gentle with me cos I am an aul wan but who is Jenny Lewis???

Have you heard of Rilo Kiley she is the singer from that group, they played EP in 2007 as well as being a successful solo artist. She is also an actress and been in films such as Pleasantville and They Get Even among others. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenny_Lewis

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Have you heard of Rilo Kiley she is the singer from that group, they played EP in 2007 as well as being a successful solo artist. She is also an actress and been in films such as Pleasantville and They Get Even among others. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenny_Lewis

She also had a cracker of an album with the Watson twins called Rabbit fur coat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

rockey4215 wrote: »
    That Jenny Lewis post seems to have been edited to omit the Picnic date. Do ya reckon they did that to wait til the festival announces it? I got so excited earlier, it can't not happen now.
    either that, or she was due to play and it was cancelled for whatever reason, but someone forgot to take it off a list/tell whoever runs the fb page before it was posted.

would seem more like the first as that's happened before, but 2 weeks out is pretty late for main arena announcements....

pjf2013 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply and info, I understand all the:stay in campervan zone thursday night, plastic bottles and generator stuff. I was just wondering about the wristbands as he'll have to meet other mates on the friday morning as they are staying in boutique and will be arriving then. just need to figure out if it'll be more hassle for him or not to stay the thursday night

Cheers

zero extra hassle imo, he just has to take a short walk to the entrance get his wristband and enter whenever he feels like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Can anyone recommend a decent camping spot that's all as close to the arena as possible but without being overlyyyy mental?

Last year we got down a bit later and were stuck with a serious trek in each time which was a bit of a buzz kill. Still up for the craic but maybe not right beside the amusements :pac:

She also had a cracker of an album with the Watson twins called Rabbit fur coat

Nope, still none the wiser, will see if she confirms then look her up cos got loads of other bands on backlog on spotify and youtube.

I'd say the only reason why she/they took it down was because it was the only one that was sold out. There are still tickets available for all the other gigs mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Nope, still none the wiser, will see if she confirms then look her up cos got loads of other bands on backlog on spotify and youtube.

Well you'll know yourself, you have the technology at yer finger tips, if you were that intrigued you can look up Rilo Kiley on Youtube

, after a few vids and ya go naw, still not familiar, check out Jenny Lewis her self

or the movie Pleasantville

, she is the red haired lass.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

Cheers BD, having a few shoos with my internet connection today so cant load vids or spotify. Just thought maybe I might have missed a track and not recognised her.
    See how t'internet thing is tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement