Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

mauzo! wrote: »
    Dont ask why Im on a Nigerian sex therapy facebook page.
    If I'm getting the general gist of this right, it's that ladies who wear skirts should keep their legs closed to preserve their dignity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    If I'm getting the general gist of this right, it's that ladies who wear skirts should keep their legs closed to preserve their dignity?

"See all her TV stations" this just made my day! Pmsl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

some sick people in carlow (graigue) pacifically , the youngones get big mouths when there pregnant but always remeber girls its only a nine month period youll be got , funny how they all got pregant together

Pacifically :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Paddy Cow wrote: »

Or at least wear clean jocks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,151 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

See that Paddy Power at the Cardiff il burn the place down with all them fat gee bags in it and that skinny old queer of a granda il smash his head in I jogged up the road got there at 5:54 and some fat gee bag junkie bastard standing there at the door with the door still open saying all the tele's are off and I said ye it's not 6 o clock let me in and take me bet the girl behind the counter shouts down all the tills are shut ****ing little sham I despise everyone of them little fat gee bags il
    Blaze the place to the ground only have one bet for the match now gutted like...

Classy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

neveah wrote: »

This is pretty funny though:

Please copy and paste this as your status if you know someone, or have heard of someone who knows someone. If you don't know anyone, or even if you've heard of anyone who doesn't know anyone, then do still copy this. It's important to spread the message even if no one knows anything about anyone. Oh, and the hearts. ♥ ♥ ♥ For Christ's sake, don't forget the fe****g hearts. ♥ ♥ ♥

:D

This made me laugh so hard I just had to post it as a status update!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

"So I have made a conscious decision. I am done looking for anyone to date. Done with POF, OkCupid, Match.com and all other similar sites. There is just no point.

I've sent messages that are short, and some that are long. I've send detailed ones, and general "hellos". I've sent hundreds of messages over the last 2 years and have only received a rough handful of replies, and quite frankly, all it has done is lower my self confidence and my optimism in finding someone. So instead, I am doing the exact opposite.

I am declaring myself single with no plans to change it. I will not search, I will not try, and just downright I will not care. Why? Too much work, and no visible reward in far too long. And even if I do find someone, there is no guarantee that it will work out. I would have to go through that same process all over again of getting to know each other and learn about each other's good and bad sides and accepting them, and quite frankly, I don't enjoy that anymore. If the right girl comes along, great, but she is going to have to be really damn amazing, and she is going to have to be the one to try to snag me, because otherwise, I straight don't care and I am done putting forth all the heart and not getting it back."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Someone I know is saying on facebook that they are hardly on facebook. Nearly 30 statuses or shares in the past 24 hours....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Tetra wrote: »
    "So I have made a conscious decision. I am done looking for anyone to date. Done with POF, OkCupid, Match.com and all other similar sites. There is just no point.

I've sent messages that are short, and some that are long. I've send detailed ones, and general "hellos". I've sent hundreds of messages over the last 2 years and have only received a rough handful of replies, and quite frankly, all it has done is lower my self confidence and my optimism in finding someone. So instead, I am doing the exact opposite.

I am declaring myself single with no plans to change it. I will not search, I will not try, and just downright I will not care. Why? Too much work, and no visible reward in far too long. And even if I do find someone, there is no guarantee that it will work out. I would have to go through that same process all over again of getting to know each other and learn about each other's good and bad sides and accepting them, and quite frankly, I don't enjoy that anymore. If the right girl comes along, great, but she is going to have to be really damn amazing, and she is going to have to be the one to try to snag me, because otherwise, I straight don't care and I am done putting forth all the heart and not getting it back."
    Jesus, I thought that was a woman until the last couple of lines.

/sexist

• Registered Users Posts: 28,909 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

El Weirdo wrote: »

/sexist

So did I!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Classy!

As a former employee of a betting shop I really hope he gets struck by lightning, repeatedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Just one €7000 on a scratch card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

EoghanIRL wrote: »

Ah, one of those stupid status' that's raising awareness about cancer apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

GenieOz wrote: »
    Ah, one of those stupid status' that's raising awareness about cancer apparently.
    Cancer? Sorry, that's a new word to me, but thank God those wonderful posters on Facebook are making us all aware of a rare condition that very few people in Ireland have ever heard of :rolleyes:

EoghanIRL wrote: »

Someone I thought was a sensible woman posted that yesterday and I was genuinely happy for her. Until I got the PM saying it was a stupid hoax. Then I was genuinely annoyed and disappointed with her. WTF it has to do with the fight against cancer of dunno, how about you go donate instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

It's the fact she spelt won wrong I thought was funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭burnhardlanger

/sexist

Might be a lesbian :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

#nomakeupselfie

Oh, so that black outline around the eyes is natural for you then?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

Same guy keeps ranting on about being single/relationships:

"So sick of being single, and being looked over by the ones that I really want to be with who can't see what is right here in front of them. Why do you always have to look for "better"? Why am I not "good enough" just the way I am? /rant off"

And

"What I really want is someone who will love me for me, and not complain about things that I need to change. Someone who is dedicated and loyal, and who doesn't still look for something better. Someone who enjoys cuddling, and talking, and just adventuring together. She has to be willing to work through problems. To communicate. And also be a bit curious about the world, the universe, and what we can do to make it better. Attractiveness matters, of course, but I am more for that "cute girl next door" look. I don't go for the overly sexy strong types, or for larger girls. It's just my preference."

And:

" There is a time when the amount that someone needs to be improved or the areas which need improvement are far beyond what would make someone undesirable for dating. That's just crap. I've seen complete morons, who are abusive and jobless, who are disrespectful and immature, land gorgeous and wonderful girlfriends, yet guys like me who have all the other (and honestly, the important) traits, have to sit idly by in the friendzone because we aren't 6 foot tall with gorgeous hair and 6 pack abs."

And:

"Thing is, I don't think I need much improving to be desirable enough to be in a relationship with. I am pretty sure that I am freaking awesome just how I am. That is what is bothering me. Because I am a great person with a great heart, a great job, and a great mind... and yet, still single and second to the loser guys with less, but who are "Sexier". Eff that."

And:

"You know I was just thinking... if you have feelings for someone, go with the flow! Don't resist and friend-zone someone that you want to be with. If cuddling with that person, kissing them, having sex with them.. if that all feels good and comfortable, do it! And if it doesn't feel good and comfortable, don't try to make feelings develop that don't exist. You either feel comfortable with a person or you don't"

And:
    So I got some really honest and good advice tonight from a friend who I know has my best interest in mind. As sad as it is for me to say it, and hard as it is for me to admit, there is nothing that I can ever say, do or change that will ever make her fall in love with me again since she has already fallen out of love.

Maybe she is just older, or maybe what she is attracted to has changed; the point is that she is not who she once was, and I am the same. This is what happens when you find yourself trying to get in a committed relationship with someone significantly younger than you. I guess this is my lesson learned.

My friends warned me of the possibility, and I always tried to hope for the best, but in the back of my mind I always knew it could happen this way, and so it has. Now I have to face the cold hard facts and learn to get over her. And so to all of those friends, I apologize for my ignorance.

Now I have to force my heart to let go of the dreams that I had that involved her. And since she is my best friend, and I will not stop loving her wholeheartedly, I have to help her to be as happy as she can in life, and guide her to find the right man for her, who will love her, appreciate her, and treat her the way I always did. As long as I can do that, I can still find happiness in her. I love you girl. I'm here for you, forever".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Same guy keeps ranting on about being single/relationships

No wonder he's single!

On that topic, rather good status from a car-obsessed Facebook friend of mine...
    Romance is a waste of money that could be spent on car

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Same guy keeps ranting on about being single/relationships:

Wow, that guy has a terminal case of nice guy syndrome…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

And possibly a madonna / whore complex

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

And possibly a madonna / whore complex
    Sounds like the kind of guy that could very easily turn into a stalker.

Sounds like your classic narcissist to me. He is perfect, it's just everyone else who has the problem.

Sounds like your classic narcissist to me. He is perfect, it's just everyone else who has the problem.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nice%20guy%20syndrome

The first definition is totally the same as facebook guy...

Sounds like the kind of guy that could very easily turn into a stalker.
    And since she is my best friend, and I will not stop loving her wholeheartedly, I have to help her to be as happy as she can in life, and guide her to find the right man for her, who will love her, appreciate her, and treat her the way I always did. As long as I can do that, I can still find happiness in her. I love you girl. I'm here for you, forever

That is the most stalkery thing I read in a while...

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Just been the doctors x xIv got a temp iv turn inner of me belly wile iv been restranging, iv got a trout infection :(

:confused:

In response to questions she clarifies that she has TORN the inner of her belly and has a THROAT infection. "Restranging", however, is anyone's guess...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nice%20guy%20syndrome

The first definition is totally the same as facebook guy...

Nice Guy Syndrome, wow that sums it up perfectly! Pity the condition is so hard to treat...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Got this in a PM

"Hahaha SUCKED IN YOU HAVE TO DO IT Oh dear, dear, dear!! You should not have liked or commented! Now you have to pick one of the 14 below and post to your status. This is the 2014 breast cancer awareness game. Don't be a spoil sport choose you poison, and change your status 1) Damn diarrhea 2) Just used my boobs to get out of a speeding ticket 3) Anyone have a tampon, I'm out 4) How do you get rid of foot fungus 5) Why is nobody around when I'm horny? 6) No toilet paper goodbye socks! 7)Someone offered me a job as a prostitute but I'm hesitant. 8)I think I'm in love with someone what should I do? 9)I've decided 2 stop wearing underwear. 10)I still love my ex. 11)I really don't know how 2 tell anyone and I'm sick of hiding it I'm gay. 12)Guess it was 2 good 2 b true I'm pregnant. 13)Just won €7000 on a scratchy. 14)I've just found out I've been cheated on for the past 5 months. Post with no explanations. Sorry, I fell for it too ! Sorry and ha ha!."

I did not like or comment on her status in the first place :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

rawn wrote: »
    Got this in a PM

"Hahaha SUCKED IN YOU HAVE TO DO IT Oh dear, dear, dear!! You should not have liked or commented! Now you have to pick one of the 14 below and post to your status. This is the 2014 breast cancer awareness game. Don't be a spoil sport choose you poison, and change your status 1) Damn diarrhea 2) Just used my boobs to get out of a speeding ticket 3) Anyone have a tampon, I'm out 4) How do you get rid of foot fungus 5) Why is nobody around when I'm horny? 6) No toilet paper goodbye socks! 7)Someone offered me a job as a prostitute but I'm hesitant. 8)I think I'm in love with someone what should I do? 9)I've decided 2 stop wearing underwear. 10)I still love my ex. 11)I really don't know how 2 tell anyone and I'm sick of hiding it I'm gay. 12)Guess it was 2 good 2 b true I'm pregnant. 13)Just won €7000 on a scratchy. 14)I've just found out I've been cheated on for the past 5 months. Post with no explanations. Sorry, I fell for it too ! Sorry and ha ha!."

I did not like or comment on her status in the first place :rolleyes:

What's breast cancer?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement