Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Baines is staying with Everton. Unsure of him or Coleman in my team.

1st draft-
    Jääskeläinen
    Cuellar Baines Ivanovic Jones
    Nolan Walcott Kagawa Mirallas
    Bony Kone
    Subs - Gazzaniga van Wolfswinkel Whittingham Garrido

2.5 mill still in the bank. Waiting to see what striker starts the league well and will take out Baines or Coleman freeing up more money and stick in a big name.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

You are playing Cuellar ahead of RVW?

Draft team atm

More importantly you forgot Bale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

b3vs.png

Will probably change this many more times, especially my choice of strikers! Just can't get myself to spend 14m on RVP.

Picked Aguero as my Captain and Coutinho as my Vice-Captain. I am wondering would Hazard be the better choice seeing as they are Playing Hull in the first game!

• Advertisement

You also forgot Bale.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

m9ehucn.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Anybody think Kone is worth a punt at 7.0. Scored well last year in a worse team. Will have better service this season.

I actually have a feeling that Lampard will have an outstanding season under Mourinho. A nice bit cheaper than Mata and Hazard too! I might have to change my team again :rolleyes:

Must have's for me will probably be Bale, Coleman, Hazard, RVW, Mertesacker and bargain buys Bellamy, Mickey T & Dikgacoi. This is half my team picked, and I can't see much happening in the transfer market that will change this.

I'd like to fit some of Aguero, Negredo, Higuain, ChelseaRooney, Walcott, Bony, Terry, Hart in but probably not at the expense of any of the above. Will be able to fit 3 of the above in, possibly 4 without any of the £10m+ strikers. Below team is fairly balanced and versatile enough to suit 442, 433, and 343. With the value in defence this season, and the strength in attack, I think the correct strategy might actually be to avoid the favoured 352 of previous seasons.

biwp4.png

• Advertisement

How the hell is Lamp's on £8mill

I know he had less minutes last year but surly he's a ton plus scorer over the season

No-one I know has Bale in their team so far

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

I really don't understand the love for Dikgacoi.

92 career club appearances: 7 goals & 5 assists.
    53 international appearances: 2 goals (both against Equatorial Guinea)

Posada wrote: »
    I really don't understand the love for Dikgacoi.

92 career club appearances: 7 goals & 5 assists.
    53 international appearances: 2 goals (both against Equatorial Guinea)

Can you find a better midfielder at £4.5m? He is bench fodder in third sub position, but IF he comes on (which will definitely happen at certain points in the season) you need him to have the ability to score points and get goals/assists. And if he is doing this on your bench he may increase enough that you make a profit on him without even having to play him.

Don't just pick any old player, even for your third sub spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

roryc wrote: »
    Don't just pick any old player, even for your third sub spot.

My thoughts exactly

So the best thing you can do is pick a player with low ownership that you think has the ability to do well. Raheem Sterling was one of mine last year. Much better than picking the likes of Colback who will just grind out 2 points, and has high ownership already so unlikely to rise dramatically.

I would recommend someone from the newly promoted teams, with Dikgacoi being my pick from what I've seen so far in the £4.5 range. Tiote is another that could be a great pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

If Ross Barkley got a run in the Everton side he'd be the best 4.5 player, but you need starting players as has been mentioned. One to keep an eye on though as I'm sure Martinez could deploy him effectively. Likewise Ravel Morrison could be great IF Allardyce chanced him, I think he's scored a goal or two in ore-season already. Not that that is any basis for picking him.

For now I think the 5.0 mids have a much greater appeal

If Ross Barkley got a run in the Everton side he'd be the best 4.5 player, but you need starting players as has been mentioned. One to keep an eye on though as I'm sure Martinez could deploy him effectively. Likewise Ravel Morrison could be great IF Allardyce chanced him, I think he's scored a goal or two in ore-season already. Not that that is any basis for picking him.

For now I think the 5.0 mids have a much greater appeal

Yeah there's a lot more selection at £5 (Robbie Brady) and £5.5 (Bellamy). The way things are going though, every little counts, and I would prefer my 2nd and 3rd choice subs to be as cheap as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

First draft opinions

Boruc
    Rudd

Coleman
    Terry
    Shaw
    Turner
    Baker

Bale
    Kagawa
    Hazard
    Dikacoi
    Quinn

Rvp
    Bony
    Wolfswinkel

Need a better 4.0 keeper than rudd but other than that think it's good

Can someone do me a curtious turn and rate my team please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Looks good. Main worry is that there is no City players and they have a nice start.

Would also want to have more info on weather Kags is going to play. Having RVP in there maybe it would be better to get Silva over Kags, gives you one from each of the Manchester clubs? City have an easier start too. (I know hes 1.0 more expensive though!)

I would switch Shaw to a 4.0 defender maybe and bring in Mannone in goal. Would it be fair to assume you'd be playing 4-3-3? I would personally drop Kagawa out of there for now and bring in Mirallas at 7.5 if you're keeping RVP. He's a quality player but I wouldn't have him going into GW 1.

Although with that .5 saving you could keep Shaw or get another 4.5 player from a different club seeing as you already have Boruc

• Advertisement

I would wait to see how City line up for the first few games before adding anyone from them. It will be difficult to say who is guaranteed to start for them with a new manager. Hopefully he will be different than Mancini and we won't see as many rotations up front and in Midfield for each game. I would say Negredo (If at a good price ) will be a safe option though!

tony1980 wrote: »
    I would wait to see how City line up for the first few games before adding anyone from them. It will be difficult to say who is guaranteed to start for them with a new manager. Hopefully he will be different than Mancini and we won't see as many rotations up front and in Midfield for each game. I would say Negredo (If at a good price ) will be a safe option though!

I would say listen to your early advice especially if Jovetic arrives as well :pac: The only safe option would be Aguero from the start but he could well be played as a second striker behind one of the two. City don't need Jovetic though when they have Dzeko so for our sake I hope you're right with Negredo. We have a good month yet but proceed with caution I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

First draft

2ec0jh4.jpg

Bit weak up front. Will have to think about it more and see what happens in the transfer market over the next 3 weeks.

Devia wrote: »
    First draft

2ec0jh4.jpg

Bit weak up front. Will have to think about it more and see what happens in the transfer market over the next 3 weeks.

That is an interesting captain choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Come up with this so far

Fantasy+Premier+League+++The+official+fantasy+football+game+of+the+Barclays+Premier+League.png

Think it's a pretty balanced team, not sure about Podolski, but he was pretty solid last year, and there's plenty of other options (lots of new players) around that price so easy to swap out if needs be. i think Snodgrass could be the midfield bargain of the season, 6.5 very good value i think, picked up a good few assists and goals in the second half of last season. with the budget and player prices it's impossible to get in every one you want anyway. 14 too much for RVP i think but am fine with paying 12 for Bale. Luiz i'm hoping will keep his place as the defensive mid, Mourinho likes that type of player, and i can't see who else will do a better job, surely not Obi Mikel

manual_man wrote: »
    Come up with this so far

Fantasy+Premier+League+++The+official+fantasy+football+game+of+the+Barclays+Premier+League.png

Think it's a pretty balanced team, not sure about Podolski, but he was pretty solid last year, and there's plenty of other options (lots of new players) around that price so easy to swap out if needs be. i think Snodgrass could be the midfield bargain of the season, 6.5 very good value i think, picked up a good few assists and goals in the second half of last season. with the budget and player prices it's impossible to get in every one you want anyway. 14 too much for RVP i think but am fine with paying 12 for Bale. Luiz i'm hoping will keep his place as the defensive mid, Mourinho likes that type of player, and i can't see who else will do a better job, surely not Obi Mikel

:eek:

:mad:

:(

:pac:

:eek:

*Mr.Prodston's stages of emotion when realising that Manual Man has the temerity to pick Olsson over Mickey Turner and to then include Ben Turner.*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

A rough look i quite like my team but will need to twig a few things.

Goalkeepers
    Both should start and Mingolet is the best value keeper around imo.

Mingolet
    Mannone

Defenders
    I went for a cheap defence besides Azpillecuta they are not from big clubs. But Norwich, West Brom and West Ham are solid at the back. Also Coleman is good going forward.

Garrido
    Joey O Brien
    Coleman
    Azpillecuta
    McCauley

Midfielders
    I don't know why Digacio is popular so i thrown him in. Yaya should have a more free role this season. Walcott always scores heavy. Looks like Rooney goes and Kagawa could be a bargain if he is played behind Van Persie. Nani is an assist machine when on form. For that price he could be a bargain.

Yaya Toure
    Nani
    Kagawa
    Walcott
    Digkacoi

Strikers
    Suarez if he stays and keeps up his form he is worth a chance. Kone scored 140 points last year and will get much better service this year. Lambert well he just is a goal machine.

Suarez
    Kone
    Lambert

Has anybody got any opinions obviously it's early but it's fun trying out these teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Nuts102 wrote: »

Goalkeepers

Mingolet
    Mannone

Defenders
    I went for a cheap defence besides Azpillecuta they are not from big clubs. But Norwich, West Brom and West Ham are solid at the back. Also Coleman is good going forward.

Garrido
    Joey O Brien
    Coleman
    Azpillecuta
    McCauley

Midfielders
    I don't know why Digacio is popular so i thrown him in. Yaya should have a more free role this season. Walcott always scores heavy. Looks like Rooney goes and Kagawa could be a bargain if he is played behind Van Persie. Nani is an assist machine when on form. For that price he could be a bargain.

Yaya Toure
    Nani
    Kagawa
    Walcott
    Digkacoi

Strikers
    Suarez if he stays and keeps up his form he is worth a chance. Kone scored 140 points last year and will get much better service this year. Lambert well he just is a goal machine.

Suarez
    Kone
    Lambert

Has anybody got any opinions obviously it's early but it's fun trying out these teams.

Two Man united midfielders is probably too much, especially as they have a tough start. Switch one of them to mirallas. Also I think there are better options than Toure. Suarez is banned for the first 5 or 6 games so you'll have to get rid of him.

Also garrido --> micky turner unless you want Mr Prodston to turn up in the middle of the night and blow your house up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Goalkeepers

Mingolet
    Mannone

Defenders

Garrido
    Joey O Brien
    Coleman
    Azpillecuta
    McCauley

Midfielders

Yaya Toure
    Nani
    Kagawa
    Walcott
    Digkacoi

Strikers

Suarez
    Kone
    Lambert

Well first of all i'm pretty sure Suarez will go. But we'll see. Sturridge might be better value anyway. Lambert could be good value but i'm not sure he'll repeat the feats of last season. He's 31 as well so not exactly a spring chicken. Nani tbh i don't know what you're and alot thinking of. He didn't play much last season and alot of people expect him to be sold. Toure is good but honestly i think there's better options at that price. I'm sure Coutinho for 9m will outscore him for example. defense looks ok but we don't know yet re. Mignolet/Reina who will be no.1 if Reina stays. Azpilicueta also i'm not sure he will be first choice, have to wait and see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

Goalkeepers

Mingolet
    Mannone

Defenders

Garrido
    Joey O Brien
    Coleman
    Azpillecuta
    McCauley

Midfielders

Yaya Toure
    Nani
    Kagawa
    Walcott
    Digkacoi

Strikers

Suarez
    Kone
    Lambert

Wouldn't bother with Ya Ya either, far more attacking players available,like Hazard,Michu or Sessegon.

Advertisement