Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team thread

Options
  • 15-07-2013 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Might aswell get this going again while people are tinkering with their teams.

I present to you Hat-Ricky FC version 1.0

Guaranteed to change at least 72 times between now and August 18th. I'll need to have a better look at this new BP system as I think it may favour defenders more, in which case I may need to bring in the likes of Baines/Vertonghen/Johnson and go with a 4-4-2 over last year's favoured 3-5-2.

Berbatov, RVW, Coleman and Bellamy are the value so far, with Dikgacoi the best £4.5m midfielder I can see. I really want to keep Kagawa in there but i can only do that if he's nailed on as a starter this season. Azpi is in there based on Chelsea having a double or triple GW. If this is the case I'll bring in a third Chelsea player.

etzd37.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

roryc wrote: »
    Might aswell get this going again while people are tinkering with their teams.

I present to you Hat-Ricky FC version 1.0

Guaranteed to change at least 72 times between now and August 18th. I'll need to have a better look at this new BP system as I think it may favour defenders more, in which case I may need to bring in the likes of Baines/Vertonghen/Johnson and go with a 4-4-2 over last year's favoured 3-5-2.

Berbatov, RVW, Coleman and Bellamy are the value so far, with Dikgacoi the best £4.5m midfielder I can see. I really want to keep Kagawa in there but i can only do that if he's nailed on as a starter this season. Azpi is in there based on Chelsea having a double or triple GW. If this is the case I'll bring in a third Chelsea player.
    nice team name. What makes you think there will be a triple gw surely a double at best with the villa game being fixed for aug 21 maybe. I know nothing about this dikgacoi fella where and who does he play for. Agree that coleman and bellamy look great value. Will be keeping a close eye on chelsea myself JT at 6 million could be the man there if mourinhos first spell is anything to go by. Be interesting to see what happens with both your keepers they both may be 2nd choice. No michu where is your loyalty ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Thought I'd heard something from FG at the end of last season that Chelsea should have a double, and could have a treble GW first up. I'm sure it'll be cleared up over the next few weeks so nothing to worry about.

Dikgacoi is a South African lad that plays for Crystal Palace, seems to be the best option at £4.5m that should start every week and has the ability to bang in a few goals per season.

RE keepers - both Reina & Mignolet are £5.5m so doesn't matter which goes in, as long as they are assured to be first choice. Thought it was an odd decision to bring in Mignolet after Reina kept the second highest number of clean sheets (and played a few games less than Hart). If I can spare £1m my preference is Hart above all others. World class keeper.

Michu has done me well, I named my team after him and had him from day 1 until the end of the season. Need to know when to let go though... Lets hope Ricky can do the same for me this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,780 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

My 4th attempt (at least!) at picking a team today.
    No doubt will be changed again a million and one times, but for now:

Begovic
    --Azpilicueta--Zabaleta--Evans
    Mata--Colback--Walcott--Kagawa
    ---Van Persie--Dzeko--Anelka

Boruc, Dikgacoi, Garrido, Baker

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Thought I'd heard something from FG at the end of last season that Chelsea should have a double, and could have a treble GW first up. I'm sure it'll be cleared up over the next few weeks so nothing to worry about.

Dikgacoi is a South African lad that plays for Crystal Palace, seems to be the best option at £4.5m that should start every week and has the ability to bang in a few goals per season.

RE keepers - both Reina & Mignolet are £5.5m so doesn't matter which goes in, as long as they are assured to be first choice. Thought it was an odd decision to bring in Mignolet after Reina kept the second highest number of clean sheets (and played a few games less than Hart). If I can spare £1m my preference is Hart above all others. World class keeper.

Michu has done me well, I named my team after him and had him from day 1 until the end of the season. Need to know when to let go though... Lets hope Ricky can do the same for me this year.

Didn't mention a triple GW but it's a very striong possibility that Chelsea will open their capmaign with a DGW at home to Hull and Villa.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

My first draft:

Cech

Turner Olsson Coleman

Bale Hazard Pilkington Bellamy

RVP Sturridge Anelka

Subs: Boruc Clyne Faye Brady

Might have to look at strengthening defensively if the new BPs are really going to favour defensive players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭farranreeboy

Thought's

Jasskelainen

Johnson
    Zabaleta
    Jagielka

Bale
    Wilshere
    Mata
    Bellamy

Augero
    Sturridge
    Anelka

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

508b6149f846cd72d718ca73f5f56659.png

Was just about to ask what is the big deal with this Bony fellow, then checked his stats. Fuck me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

I've gone the following for my first draft:

Keepers
    Boruc (Soton) £4.5 - Reckon a cheap first choice keeper is a good option. McGregor was another consideration.

Lloris (Spurs) £6 - keeper for a top side should do well as a keeper. Consideration for Krul, Mignolet and De Gea

Defenders
    Baines (Everton) £7.5 - reckon once he moves to United he'll be dynamite in FF terms
    Coleman (Everton) £5 - attacking prowess should yield good returns for relative cheap price
    Johnson (Lpool) £6 - attacking prowess and good defensive possibilities
    Azpilicuetta (Chelsea) - early DGW and good point scoring prospects
    Williams (Swans) £5 - potential transfer to Arsenal but good scoring options anyway

Midfielders
    Yaya (City) £8.5 Fernandinho's arrival should push him further forward and cheaper than Silva
    Paulinho (Spurs) £ 7 impressive confed cup should score well as spurs alternative to Bale.
    Valencia (Utd) £7.5 think he'll be important player for UTD this season and has assist potential
    Schurrle (Chelsea) £8 he'll be we'll advanced almost as a forward and cheaper than Mata or Hazard
    Dikagcoi (Palace) £4.5 cheap mid option that should play a lot of games

Forwards
    Bony (Swans) £8 good record and swans create a lot of chances
    Aguero (City) £11 should be main man at city even with Negrado arrival cheaper than RVP too
    Corneilus (Cardiff) £5.5 first team player but bench option really

Any thoughts on the team or possible alternatives?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

slingerz wrote: »
    I've gone the following for my first draft:

Keepers
    Boruc (Soton) £4.5 - Reckon a cheap first choice keeper is a good option. McGregor was another consideration.

Lloris (Spurs) £6 - keeper for a top side should do well as a keeper. Consideration for Krul, Mignolet and De Gea

Defenders
    Baines (Everton) £7.5 - reckon once he moves to United he'll be dynamite in FF terms
    Coleman (Everton) £5 - attacking prowess should yield good returns for relative cheap price
    Johnson (Lpool) £6 - attacking prowess and good defensive possibilities
    Azpilicuetta (Chelsea) - early DGW and good point scoring prospects
    Williams (Swans) £5 - potential transfer to Arsenal but good scoring options anyway

Midfielders
    Yaya (City) £8.5 Fernandinho's arrival should push him further forward and cheaper than Silva
    Paulinho (Spurs) £ 7 impressive confed cup should score well as spurs alternative to Bale.
    Valencia (Utd) £7.5 think he'll be important player for UTD this season and has assist potential
    Schurrle (Chelsea) £8 he'll be we'll advanced almost as a forward and cheaper than Mata or Hazard
    Dikagcoi (Palace) £4.5 cheap mid option that should play a lot of games

Forwards
    Bony (Swans) £8 good record and swans create a lot of chances
    Aguero (City) £11 should be main man at city even with Negrado arrival cheaper than RVP too
    Corneilus (Cardiff) £5.5 first team player but bench option really

Any thoughts on the team or possible alternatives?

Your defense is far too expensive and I don't mean to be harsh as I'm not one to really talk given some of my selections at times but that midfield may operate well in real life but not in FF. Surely (:pac:) Schurrle will be on the bench a lot. Valencia is somebody you could fit in if he starts playing well, but not before he proves himself. Yaya is too expensive for what he offers, he'll be beside Fernandinho not ahead of him. And Paulinho doesn't strike me as an assist or goal machine.

Unless you plan to play 5-3-2 I would downgrade two of your defenders and keep away from Lloris in goal as Spurs don't keep all that many clean sheets. Bony and Aguero should be deadly though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DemocAnarchis

Here's my first draft. If only swansea had better fixtures, I'd have Bony in for Carroll and downgrade Reid to Collins.

jYFwmch.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Lemme know what you think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Bit too many united players IMO .

Not a massive fan - I'd have Hazard over Mata to give you an extra £1m. Also I think RVP has been priced out at £14m. Defence is pretty weak, Baines is overpriced imo unless it arises that defenders are more important this year. You've also doubled up on Everton defenders, a team notorius for not keeping clean sheets. And other than those two the rest of your defense is very weak.

Think you also have too many untested players - Bony, Wanyama, Zaha, Cornelius, not to mention Kagawa not being guaranteed gametime. Lloris is not worth £6m, only 9 clean sheets last year compared to Hart (£6.5m) with 18.

Obviously this isn't your final team but I would try to avoid too many 'new' players, they generally take a while to get going. Michu and Hazard were the only two I can think of that hit the ground running last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Lemme know what you think!

Team Get Carrick A Friend v2 here. No doubt I'll end up on v22 before Aug 17th.

Few changes here and there. Debating replacing Berbatov with Wolfswinkle, but that would leave my attack rather inexperienced bar Anelka, who really is just a back-up striker at this stage. Bony will, hopefully, carry his form into the Prem and that should be a nice cash cow if he goes up in value. RVP @ 14mill is too much, even if he's a guaranteed scorer (Well, almost)

Going 3-5-2 currently. All could change though, and probably will.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

First draft.

Mingolet
    Mannonne

Azpillecuta
    McCauley
    Coleman
    Natasic
    Clyne

Mata
    Yaya
    Snodgrass
    Dikagoci
    Colback

Bony
    Kone
    Van Persie

I think Terry is probably a better shout than Azpiliceuta, although he's a c*nt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

I think Terry is probably a better shout than Azpiliceuta, although he's a c*nt.

He has been a thug for sure,gets his share of goals though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

"Smack My Pitch Up" attempt no.2

4ox.png

• Advertisement

Downgrade Vorm to £4.5m keeper and use the extra £0.5 to bump Cuellar up to Coleman.

Swap Diame for Brady.

Rest of the team looks good although not sure about Lampard with the new Chelsea signings, and Anelka not guaranteed to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

First draft opinions

Boruc
    Rudd

Coleman
    Terry
    Shaw
    Turner
    Baker

Bale
    Kagawa
    Hazard
    Dikacoi
    Quinn

Rvp
    Bony
    Wolfswinkel

Need a better 4.0 keeper than rudd but other than that think it's good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

First draft

Mignolet, Boruc
    Coleman, Williams, Turner, Mertesacker, Ramage
    Bale, Hazard, Walcott, Routledge, Brady
    Sturridge, Bony, Von Wolfswinkel

0.5m left over

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

First draft

Mignolet, Boruc
    Coleman, Williams, Turner, Mertesacker, Ramage
    Bale, Hazard, Walcott, Routledge, Brady
    Sturridge, Bony, Von Wolfswinkel

0.5m left over

I wouldn't trust Routledge to start consistently but other than that it's a very good team if you're not going for a big hitting striker

I really think the £7-£9m strikers are where the value is at.

If Rooney goes to Chelsea he could be worth a punt at £10.5, and Aguero is always one to watch, but with players like Berbatov, RVW and Bony on offer for £3-£4m cheaper it might be worthwhile stocking up on these and using the rest to benefit elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

At the moment mine looks like

Szczesny

Luiz, Koscielny, Nastasic, Reid

Coutinho, Navas, Ramires, Hazard

Sturridge, Berbatov

Subs: Robles, Shawcross, Morrison, Anelka

First draft opinions

Boruc
    Rudd

Coleman
    Terry
    Shaw
    Turner
    Baker

Bale
    Kagawa
    Hazard
    Dikacoi
    Quinn

Rvp
    Bony
    Wolfswinkel

Need a better 4.0 keeper than rudd but other than that think it's good

anyone?

I really think the £7-£9m strikers are where the value is at.

If Rooney goes to Chelsea he could be worth a punt at £10.5, and Aguero is always one to watch, but with players like Berbatov, RVW and Bony on offer for £3-£4m cheaper it might be worthwhile stocking up on these and using the rest to benefit elsewhere.

Can't make up my mind which 2 out of 3 of these I should go for, what ye reckon lads?

At the moment I have all three, although it's likely I'll upgrade one of them to Rooney (if he moves to Chelsea) or Aguero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Mignolet, Davis

Garrido, Terry, Nastasic, Dawson, Collins

Bale, Hazard, Nolan, Brady, Dikgacoi

RVP, Bony, Deulofeu

or

Mignolet, Davis

Garrido, Terry, Nastasic, Dawson, Collins

Bale, Hazard, Walcott, Nolan, Dikgacoi

Giroud, Sturridge, Deulofeu

Advertisement