Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin 2016: Back to Basics

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Monday: fookingdisaster.com No run, could have got out at 10pm but had an early start Tuesday and need to make sure I could get to sleep. 10pm runs mean I don't switch off until around 1am so knocked on the head.

Tuesday: fookingdisasterII.com Managed to squeeze in 8 miles @ 6.44 pace. I'm incredibly happy with the serious levels of HTFU that were involved in getting this run done. Plenty of valid reasons not to do it but made time against a backdrop of mental & physical tiredness as well as hunger. 3 gold stars for me.

Wednesday: Ah bliss. Nice easy 10 mile run @ 7.05 with a friend along the canal. Super duper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

TRR wrote: »

Wednesday: Ah bliss. Nice easy 10 mile run @ 7.05 with a friend along the canal. Super doper.

I knew there was an explanation for that 10k time :P

ecoli wrote: »
    I knew there was an explanation for that 10k time :P

You youngsters are clutching at straws at this stage. I'm clean (well drug free anyway). You and drquirky missed your chance to bring me down back in January :D

You youngsters are clutching at straws at this stage. I'm clean (well drug free anyway). You and drquirky missed your chance to bring me down back in January :D

Ah I figured the old man needed to get his confidence back no point in kicking a man when he is down. Will just have to beat you when you in top shape come Apr :D

Ah I figured the old man needed to get his confidence back no point in kicking a man when he is down. Will just have to beat you when you in top shape come Apr :D

Thats fighting talk. With a bit of luck you'll be able to get some decent training in now your mock junior cert exams are out of the way.

• Advertisement

Thats fighting talk. With a bit of luck you'll be able to get some decent training in now your mock junior cert exams are out of the way.

A year older today and I am still on the right side of senior.

Just remember when checking the result you dont get confused between your position here:

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/individual-master-men-10k-amended-for-web.pdf

and the overall results just in case you get confused in your old age. You will find me in the latter, just find your name and work up from there ;)

A year older today and I am still on the right side of senior.

Just remember when checking the result you dont get confused between your position here:

http://www.athleticsireland.ie/content/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/individual-master-men-10k-amended-for-web.pdf

and the overall results just in case you get confused in your old age. You will find me in the latter, just find your name and work up from there ;)

HAPPY BIRTDAY!

Thanks for the heads up, yes I need to carefully read those results but you should make sure you enter the correct race yourself

http://www.greatirelandrun.org/JuniorEvents.aspx?id=7&ctid=15

HAPPY BIRTDAY!

Thanks for the heads up, yes I need to carefully read those results but you should make sure you enter the correct race yourself

http://www.greatirelandrun.org/JuniorEvents.aspx?id=7&ctid=15

Rumour is that I may not be your only competition this year as this guy is stepping down from marathons;

Rumour is that I may not be your only competition this year as this guy is stepping down from marathons;

An Asian Garry Clarke ?????????

I'd be more worried about him beating me than you or quirky if I'm honest ;)

An Asian Garry Clarke ?????????

I'd be more worried about him beating me than you or quirky if I'm honest ;)

Probably the brother :D

Quirky is off in undisclosed location he is gonna be back either looking like this;

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUyWKm0X7ajD2qpG0p_s-Nc3XvI9E7YYnHUarKxq4eaJrfmhYS

or this;

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMh2LoLlVkxU3r3Kq2OqFqZvppJAMkgVj9U673cgCCMO92bTa4

only time will tell

• Advertisement

Catch up on last week. Not a bad week, I'm not getting any sessions in but I'm not stressing too much to be honest. Last few weeks and next few weeks are/were a bit mental at home and in work so just happy to keep working on the aerobic side of things. I'm literally fitting runs in where I can and have been pretty consistent so I'm happy enough. I'm all about this summer/autumn and what I'm doing at the moment will give me every opportunity to run the times I want.

Thursday: 10 miles @ 6.35 pace. Pushed the pace slightly on this, legs felt great and had to put the brakes on late on in the run which is a good sign.

Friday: 6 easy miles early in the morning. Lovely easy run with a friend. Great bit of craic.

Saturday: 6 miles @ 6.20 pace. Pacing half marathon the following day and was trying to pace off feel, epic fail.

Sunday: 14 miles with half marathon in 1.29.30. Really enjoyed this one. Legs felt good and hitting the paces was no problem. Will definitely aim to race this next year if running a Spring marathon.

Sorry didnt get back to you last night man left the charger in work so battery was flat till this morning

Despite no sessions you are still getting good running done and health paces man

anybody remember the bastard dog I threw into the royal canal about 2-3 years ago???? Milo, the little prick!!!!!!!!

well seems the bastard emigrated

Milo you dick

Monday: 7 miles @ 7.05 pace. This was a late one, well after 9pm. Disaster in work and wasn't in the mood of a run but once I was 400 metres into this one I was buzzing. Beautiful evening for it.

Tuesday: 7.5 miles @ 6.20 pace. Pressed for time again, Mrs heading out at 7pm and I had left work in enough time to get get an hour of a run in before she headed out. Got delayed blah blah blah and at 6.08pm I was going to knock the run on the head but knew it would mean no run at all for today. SO I legged it into chez TRR did my best superman wonderwoman impression and literally legged it back out of the house guns blazing. Started off at 7 minute pace and progressively got quicker as I went along, felt great although it was very chilly. Suppose that's what I get for heading out in my wonderwoman skirt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

anybody remember the bastard dog I threw into the royal canal about 2-3 years ago???? Milo, the little prick!!!!!!!!

well seems the bastard emigrated

[/URL]

I was telling that story to a few at the weekend. Has it been 2-3 years , really?

Abhainn wrote: »
    I was telling that story to a few at the weekend. Has it been 2-3 years , really?

I'm not too sure, I'll have to go and dig up the thread but I think it is.

Abhainn wrote: »

just over 3 years ago

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64098192&postcount=10

Wednesday: 10 super duper miles along canal @ 7.15. Really enjoyed this one. Legs a little tired but was just shooting the breeze waffling about running and stuff in general, felt more like a 3 mile run than 10.

Thursday: 8.5 miles @ 7.05. Enjoyed this as well, first 3 miles were a little tough as I was running into a bit of a headwind and the guy I ran with seemed to have find the only fecking hill in Kildare to bring me up :) Easy running after that with the wind at our back for the remainder.

Really enjoying training at the moment, as I said just fitting runs in but I know I am getting fitter from them and the Gra is back big time. Some serious plans hatched for this year. I'm nearly embarrassed by my rant back in January :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

I'm nearly embarrassed by my rant back in January :o

If only you had sent Digger out to talk to the media instead, just like Fergie did!
    Actually, on second thoughts...

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Pronator

Did I hear there could be a low 2:30 bus planned for DCM?

• Advertisement

Pronator wrote: »
    Did I hear there could be a low 2:30 bus planned for DCM?

It's more of a high speed train than a bus ;) we will see how the summer goes but that's the goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

It's more of a high speed train than a bus.

Ah yes there's that cocky backstard!!

claralara wrote: »
    Ah yes there's that cocky backstard!!

You would do well by learning from the master young padawan

You would do well by learning from the master young padawan

Yes sir. Tonight's run shall contain the prescribed dash of positivity and lashings and lashings of arrogance!

Yes sir. Tonight's run shall contain the prescribed dash of positivity and lashings and lashings of arrogance!

it's not always about how well you ran, but about how well you looked while running

Probably should have left out the second lashing... ;)

I did look really really ridiculously good though.

Friday: 14 toughish miles @ 6.50ish pace. Managed to clear a 2 hour block so said I'd get this out of the way before the weekend as I wasn't sure if I'd fit it in. Legs were a little tired from the start and surprisingly it was actually quite humid and I had no water so was a little light headed when finished. Still a good controlled run and nice to have it over an done with.

Saturday: 6 miles @ 6.20 pace. Pushed for time so just managed to get the 6 miles in, happy enough because at one stage I'd given up any hope of getting any sort of a run in.

Sunday: 8 miles @ 6.50 pace. Was out on the lash all day yesterday and purposely left my car close to town so I'd have to run and collect it today. Felt grand when I headed out but I was running point to point and into a savage head wind for the first 5 miles, didn't realise how bad it was until I did a mini loop to increase the number of miles. Not a nice day for a run.

60 miles for the week, no sessions but I'll take that. MSB 5k next weekend, if it's a decent day weather wise I'd be hoping to go under 16.15. Regardless, I'm going to run and there will be no garmin. Will try and race it to the best of my ability and hopefully will get dragged around to a decent time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

See you on the start line :p

• Advertisement

See you on the start line :p

Grand, I'll wait for you at the finish :p

Monday: 10 miles @ 7.08 pace. FOOKINGFREEZINGMYBALLSOFF.com. I had enough gear for an expedition to the Antarctic and it still wasn't enough. Had company so that helped enormously. Legs feeling good. Definitely feeling stronger over the last few weeks and looking forward to tearing the arse out of this 5k on Saturday.

Advertisement