Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provincial Schools thread 2012-2013 *MOD WARNING POST 1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

With a sir name like parratta I'm guessing he's not Irish? And I'm a little confused, munster youths to Connacht 19s but in school in munster!! How does that work?
    played munster youths in september 2011. after those interpros and not getting a shot at irish youths he moved to rockwell but couldnt play senior cup last february/march as he moved too late in the school year and was too late to be registered to play in the cup. He didnt get looked at for munster 19s so Paratta and another munster player or two went to connacht to play interpro rugby this season.
    Paratta's father is from new zealand and played to a decent level down there afaik.
    Hagz wrote: »
    As said, Timoney and Jager are the stand out names, but keep an eye on winger Dillon Coghlan if he plays (if you go). He's a 5th year winger.
    thanks. will keep on eye out on them if i can get into the game

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭thetruth_time

ormond lad wrote: »
    played munster youths in september 2011. after those interpros and not getting a shot at irish youths he moved to rockwell but couldnt play senior cup last february/march as he moved too late in the school year and was too late to be registered to play in the cup. He didnt get looked at for munster 19s so Paratta and another munster player or two went to connacht to play interpro rugby this season.
    Paratta's father is from new zealand and played to a decent level down there afaik.

thanks. will keep on eye out on them if i can get into the game
    Thanks for that ol,
    Just did a bit of research, he was only on the bench for munster youths last year, maybe that's why mun 19s didn't pick him? Either way looks like lazy selection to me. And he must have come on a lot at Rockwell and Connacht if he's deemed international standard now!!

Thanks for that ol,
    Just did a bit of research, he was only on the bench for munster youths last year, maybe that's why mun 19s didn't pick him? Either way looks like lazy selection to me. And he must have come on a lot at Rockwell and Connacht if he's deemed international standard now!!
    He was more than good enough to start but from what i could see paratta's style of play didnt suit how Munster intended on playing that interpro season. the preferred 10 was a kick to corner, solid no risk player while paratta liked to try things off the cuff etc and wasnt started because of that.

He was more than good enough to start but from what i could see paratta's style of play didnt suit how Munster intended on playing that interpro season. the preferred 10 was a kick to corner, solid no risk player while paratta liked to try things off the cuff etc and wasnt started because of that.
    If that's how he likes to play he'll be a perfect fit at Rockwell so if they adopt the same style of play I saw last year!!

Snr League Section A
    Todays results
    Pres Bray 28 Castleknock 55
    St Gerards 55 High School 7
    Wesley College 12 Cistercian-Roscrea 29

Castleknock are unbeaten at the top and have scored nearly 50 points a game so are going very well. their game against roscrea next week will decide 1st place IMO

Snr League Section B
    todays results
    C.B.C 22 Kilkenny College 15
    C.U.S 10 St Andrews 26
    Gonzaga 36 Kings Hospital 27

Gonzaga have finished 1st with CBC 2nd and Kilkenny 3rd and Kings Hosp 4th

How many sides qualify for the knockout stages?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 countrychap

Snr League Section A
    Todays results
    Pres Bray 28 Castleknock 55
    St Gerards 55 High School 7
    Wesley College 12 Cistercian-Roscrea 29

Castleknock are unbeaten at the top and have scored nearly 50 points a game so are going very well. their game against roscrea next week will decide 1st place IMO

Snr League Section B
    todays results
    C.B.C 22 Kilkenny College 15
    C.U.S 10 St Andrews 26
    Gonzaga 36 Kings Hospital 27

Gonzaga have finished 1st with CBC 2nd and Kilkenny 3rd and Kings Hosp 4th

How many sides qualify for the knockout stages?
    top 4 qualify as far as I know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LeinsterNo7

Blackrock beat Crescent today as far as I know
    I think they've only lost one game this year and that was away to Terenure. Rock play Michaels next Saturday

Blackrock beat Crescent today as far as I know
    I think they've only lost one game this year and that was away to Terenure. Rock play Michaels next Saturday
    Anyone know the score in the Blackrock Crescent game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LeinsterNo7

Blackrock 21-13 with Crescent scoring an intercept try near the end

Weekend fixtures. senior level
    CBC Cork v Terenure
    St Marys v Ballymena
    St Michaels v Blackrock
    Rockwell v Clongowes

Looking at tomorrows final round of senior league games
    3rd(Roscrea) v 1st(C'knock) in Section A should be a good tight game with Newbridge who are currently in 2nd hoping Roscrea can upset the big scoring leaders and as a result sneak 1st place ahead of the playoffs
    Newbridge v Wesley
    Newbridge need a big win against 5th placed Wesley coupled with a big roscrea win if they want to sneak 1st place for the playoffs
    Gerards play Pres Bray in a battle for 4th place and the last knockout place

Section B was finished last week and Gonzaga finished 1st, Monkstown, Kilkenny 3rd and Kings Hospital 4th

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Would people agree that the Leinster senior cup is a way higher standard than the Munster one?Seems that way to me from the matches i've seen in both provinces.

funtime93 wrote: »
    Would people agree that the Leinster senior cup is a way higher standard than the Munster one?Seems that way to me from the matches i've seen in both provinces.
    Yes. Many reasons for LSSC being stronger from there being Bigger numbers in schools like 'rock, 'nure, clongowes helps with playing standards as kids have to fight harder to get place on senior cup/junior cup team. Like several schools that compete in the LSC have 5/6 at all levels from u13/14 to SC while in Munster the most any school fields at senior level is about 3 maybe maybe 4 in the 2 schools in cork.

In final round of games in section A of the senior league that was played today Roscrea beat Castleknock 30-3 and Gerards and Bray drew 10-10 and Newbridge beat Wesley 22-16
    The standings look like this with the 2 games below yet to be played or results havent been uploaded to leinster website
    castleknock p6 pts23
    newbridge p6 pts 23
    roscrea p5 pts 20
    pres bray p6 pts 11
    wesley p5 pts 9
    no results
    high school v roscrea

So depending on how these 2 games go the league quarter finals will be
    gonzaga v pres bray/wesley
    cbc monkstown v newbridge/roscrea
    castleknock/newbridge/roscrea v kilkenny
    1 of 'crea/'bridge/knock v kings hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 21 countrychap

anyone have result of roscrea match today

anyone have result of roscrea match today
    Look at my prev post. they won 30-3
    anyone know the newbridge result?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭richardh330

Roscrea ~30-3 Castleknock

In final round of games in section A of the senior league that was played today Roscrea beat Castleknock 30-3 and Gerards and Bray drew 10-10 and Newbridge beat Wesley 22-16
    The standings look like this with the 2 games below yet to be played or results havent been uploaded to leinster website
    castleknock p6 pts23
    newbridge p6 pts 23
    roscrea p5 pts 20
    pres bray p6 pts 11
    wesley p5 pts 9
    no results
    high school v roscrea

So depending on how these 2 games go the league quarter finals will be
    gonzaga v pres bray
    cbc monkstown v newbridge/roscrea
    castleknock/newbridge/roscrea v kilkenny
    1 of 'crea/'bridge/knock v kings hospital
    assuming roscrea beat high school 1/4s are
    gonzaga v pres bray
    cbc monkstown v newbridge
    castleknock v kilkenny
    roscrea v kings hospital

Irish fixtures are up on the irish website. U18 schools side play the youths in Coolmine at the end of december and play the english schools and french 18s over easter.
    The english game is in Coolmine rfc Saturday March 30th at 2pm and the game v France is in France on Saturday April 6th.
    The 19s play England in Dublin on Wednesday April 3rd and France in France on Sunday April 7th.

Weekend fixtures. senior level
    CBC Cork v Terenure
    St Marys v Ballymena
    St Michaels v Blackrock 11am
    Rockwell v Clongowes
    other fixtures scheduled for tomorrow
    Terenure jnr host CBC Cork at midday
    Kings Hospital snr v Royal School Armagh snr 11am
    Belvedere snr v RBAI 11am
    CUS jnr v High School 11am
    St Marys snr v Ballymena Academy snr 10.30am
    Irish fixtures are up on the irish website. U18 schools side play the youths in Coolmine at the end of december and play the english schools and french 18s over easter.
    The english game is in Coolmine rfc Saturday March 30th at 2pm and the game v France is in France on Saturday April 6th.
    The 19s play England in Dublin on Wednesday April 3rd and France in France on Sunday April 7th.
    The 19s and 18s games against england and france should be good.
    Good to see the youths and u18 schools sides switching their fixtures from last season when the schools competed in the FIRA comp which the youths are back playing in
    Shame the 2 home games against england are not being played in a double header like the youths and 19s games against france were last april

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Just to clarify the cbc cork v terenure senior game is on Sunday and not Saturday as stated. Is anyone going to watch it? Unfortunately I can't head down to watch it

• Registered Users Posts: 46 charliemant

Any junior cup results leinster and munster ??

• Advertisement

Any junior cup results leinster and munster ??
    blackrocks juniors are in england tomorrow play sedbergh. 'rock have beaten Kilkenny, PBC Cork and Marys, scoring 50+ points against PBC and Kilkenny and beat Marys by a try

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Garrido

Castleknock beat Kilkenny 40+ to 7. Gonzaga must have won also because they are playing against them afaik next Wed neutral venue.

blackrocks juniors are in england tomorrow play sedbergh. 'rock have beaten Kilkenny, PBC Cork and Marys, scoring 50+ points against PBC and Kilkenny and beat Marys by a try
    was the rock pbc game not in senior checked website of rock they didnt play pbc that was seniors who scored 50+

was the rock pbc game not in senior checked website of rock they didnt play pbc that was seniors who scored 50+
    fairly sure it had been junior
    Any results from today apart from blackrocks win against Michaels?

Marys beat Ballymena 13-9 today

Anybody know how many have been picked for the irish 18s schools and irish 19 squad?
    Leinster totally dominating the 18s squad as you should expect with nearly all their squad being looked at for the irish squad. from what i know their is 20+ leinster players in the irish squad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

I can say for certain that Mary's Js beat Rock.

Any junior cup results?

3 Senior League quarters are being played this wednesday
    Monkstown v Newbridge, Roscrea v Kings Hospital and Gonzaga v Pres Bray.
    The Castleknock v Kilkenny game is not being played this week afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭RugbyMan10

3 Senior League quarters are being played this wednesday
    Monkstown v Newbridge, Roscrea v Kings Hospital and Gonzaga v Pres Bray.
    The Castleknock v Kilkenny game is not being played this week afaik

why is that game not being played?

• Advertisement

RugbyMan10 wrote: »
    why is that game not being played?
    no idea. other 3 games are on leinster ref site but roscrea game is not listed

Advertisement