Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*REHOMING thread* (Once off requests only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 joy.herron

Hi Dunny,
    I Am based in North Dublin close to clairehall. We haven't engaged any of the local shelters, We are trying to rehome her ourselves so we can make sure she oges to the best possible home. The shelters do fantastic work but it can be quite distressing for the dogs. especially surrenders who have come from a loving home. I think it should always be a last resort.

She was my uncles dog until the house they were living in was condemed and they had to move to a council house. The council refused to let them keep her. Was heartbreaking the day I went to pick her up, lots of tears :(

If anyone is interested intaking her I am prepared to organise a few introductions and play dates if there will be other dogs in her new home before the actual move to make sure that she and her new owners are happy and compatable.

I will be sad to see her go, she is great company. She is currently in heat and is due her booster shots but these will all be taken are of before she goes.
    She has been wormed and treated for freas regularly.

I should probably warn any prospective new owners of any undesirable behaviours she has; She loves, and i mean LOVES to roll in puddles! but she tollerates being washed in the bath pretty well.

If she is left alone for long periods she gets very excited when you come back and has a tendancy to jump up on you. She only seems to do this to adults not children and we are working on it with treat training and she is doing well and nearly have it under control. I think it is becuase shes not used to being left alone as she never done this in her old home.

Other than this she is perfect. No distructive tendancies and is completely house trained.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Rosedust84

Shes beautiful!

I must admit Im very tempted, we've wanted a Staffie since our little guy was put down in Feb :( We just moved into our own home though and are still unpacking..not sure if timing is right!! I must discuss with the hubby ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

Mod note: Please note, this is a redirected thread from the main A&P Forum

Hi guys,

Would anyone be interested in homing a 12 week old kitten? She'd need to get injections and spayed (I think that can be done around 6 months, not 100% sure)

She had 2 sisters who have been homed and I still own the mother, just can't keep up with having two cats :(:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

good for you for not sending her to the pound :cool:

too many beautiful staffies dont make it to the outside world again :(

and anyone considering a staffie - DO IT! you wont regret it for one minute :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Pm sent

• Advertisement

Hi All,
    Thank you for posting and showing an interest in this thread.

Rua is still looking for her forever home and us available to meet with prospective owners :)

please share this thread with anyone you know who loves staffies and could offer her the home she deserves.

Thanks,
    Joy

Rosedust84 wrote: »
    Shes beautiful!

I must admit Im very tempted, we've wanted a Staffie since our little guy was put down in Feb :( We just moved into our own home though and are still unpacking..not sure if timing is right!! I must discuss with the hubby ;)
    Hi Rosedust84, thanks for posting. If you are still considering taking Rua let me know and we could arrange for you two to meet! I wont pressure anyone into taking her but I think i couple of meetings before she goes to anyone is probably the best options. The last thing I want is her to end up in the wrong home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

I have an insanely affectionate ginger kitten in urgent need of a good home. He's approximately 10 weeks old and has been wormed and deflead. He needs a family that can give him loads of loving rubs!
    He's in Co. Dublin. Please PM me if interested!

Sorry for the blurry pictures but he wouldn't stop purring and moving!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Alas joy.herron cant take her on. :( The oh was considering taking one on but she thought about it and cant with the two she has, sorry.

Ive shared your request on fb as has herself.

Dunny wrote: »
    Alas joy.herron cant take her on. :( The oh was considering taking one on but she thought about it and cant with the two she has, sorry.

Ive shared your request on fb as has herself.

Thanks so much! Its so hard to rehome a staffy and i dont know why. They are such amazing dogs. Im back to college at night next week and the poor thing is going to be left out the back all day :( i hope we find somewhere for her soon.

Thanks again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

joy.herron wrote: »
    Thanks so much! Its so hard to rehome a staffy and i dont know why. They are such amazing dogs. Im back to college at night next week and the poor thing is going to be left out the back all day :( i hope we find somewhere for her soon.

Thanks again!

ive shared on my fb.

you could also join the forums at eirepitbulls and 'irelands pit bull terrier association'. they both have rehoming sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aoife.o.k

I have four adorable little kittens that I unfortunately have to give away. There are two females (both grey and white) and two males (one grey and one black). If your or anyone you know would be interested please let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Zoot

Success story – Tara has been rehomed to a wonderful family in Limerick.

Apparently the only distress evident with the move was from myself and my OH, not from Tara!

So, thank you Angeldaisy for adopting her into your loving family.

We’ll keep in touch :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Zoot wrote: »
    Success story – Tara has been rehomed to a wonderful family in Limerick.

Apparently the only distress evident with the move was from myself and my OH, not from Tara!

So, thank you Angeldaisy for adopting her into your loving family.

We’ll keep in touch :)

Thanks Zoot,

as you can see - she's made herself at home already:D
    DSC_0728.jpg

bless her, she did have a busy day.....
    Angeldaisy

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

Hi, I have two black and white short-haired cats (sisters) who are just over six years old and I'm looking to rehome them.

I have had them since they were kittens, they've both been neutered and they are both indoor cats as they've lived in our apartment for the past six years.

My little girl has developed asthma and we've been advised that the cat fur will aggravate her breathing so we've decided that it's probably best to try and rehome the cats.

We're based between Dublin and North Kildare - if anyone would like to give these two household pets a good home, please get in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

Hello everyone,

I am posting on behalf of a friend. She has a Staffordshire Bull Terrier that needs a good home. He is based in Wexford and his name is Blue, he is about seven years old. He is not neutered. He is very friendly with humans and very obedient. However, he does not get on well with other dogs especially males. He was attacked by a male dog about two years ago and since then he is very wary of male dogs. He would make a very loyal pet for a home that is currently dog free.

I am afraid that unless he is rehomed soon he will be put to sleep. If I could take him I would, but I have a Boxer already. If anybody has any suggestions or leads then please let me know. He is a gentle dog and just wants to live out his days! Please PM me if you can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

joy.herron wrote: »

Thanks again!

Hi I sent you a PM about Rua

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Hello all.

About three months ago we took in a stray JRT. Unfortunately it turned out she was pregnant and 7 weeks ago she gave birth to a beautiful litter of pups. There were 8 but three died during birth. So we have five lovely, lively, females here for re homing. They are Jack Russell pups.

Free to good homes. Please PM me if you would like more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Yunnie

I have a 1 year old female staff cross in waterford that needs a home. Her name is Nina and is the most loving good natured dog. She is being rehomed due to my relationship breaking down and i have to move. She is neutered and is great with other dogs. Shes very boisterous and very strong so she cannot be around kids. Nina is obediant in the house but when shes outside its hard to control her as she gets so excited.
    Nina isnt great on a collar and lead as shes so strong and uses a head lead. She loves kisses and cuddles and loves every person she meets. She frets when we leave the house which results in her chewing shoes etc A big garden is needed for her with proper fencing as she is an escape artist.
    Anybody getting her will be so lucky to have her as she is such a lovely dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

MHgevh.jpg

I have been watching two kittens playing around my estate for the past two weeks. As far as I can tell nobody owns them. Yesterday one of the kittens was knocked down and killed. I was able to get the other male kitten and take him home.

I asked around but neighbors are saying that no one owns him. He is very tame and cuddly however.

If I were to guess I would say he is between 3 and 5 months old. He doesn't seem to mind other cats or dogs and has just mastered the litter box today. :)

Unfortunately I have two dogs and two cats already and really cannot afford to have another. The neutered tom is none too impressed with our new addition and I'm afraid to leave him alone with the dogs (they are used to our cats but not him).

I called the LSPCA but at the moment they are completely full up.

Would anyone like him? He really is an adorable little chap.

I'd be willing to travel within reason for a good home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Hi All. I know of 2 very friendly male kittens ~4mths old, wormed and vaccinated looking for homes. Please PM for more info. Dublin based but willing to travel within Leinster for the right homes.

olderkittens.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Bazza32

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to rehome a 20 month old beagle dog called Porthos. He is an energetic family dog, and unfortunately we have to move him on due to a change in our work circumstances.

He is fully house trained, loves kids of all ages and other dogs. Porthos is an active dog, and needs daily exercise. He has been neutered, and I have all his papers and vaccination history. He has also been chipped.

If you are able to give Porthos a new home where he will be loved, please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Davy1020

We have a 2 year old ****zu who we need a home for - he is currently living with us in Swords, Co.Dublin. We took him from a friend 5 Months back as they were moving abroad but we are planning to move apartment and they have a strict no pets policy.
    Send me a message if interested and I can supply photo's if required

regards

Jay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

January wrote: »
    Hello all.

About three months ago we took in a stray JRT. Unfortunately it turned out she was pregnant and 7 weeks ago she gave birth to a beautiful litter of pups. There were 8 but three died during birth. So we have five lovely, lively, females here for re homing. They are Jack Russell pups.

Free to good homes. Please PM me if you would like more information.

All puppies now have beautiful new homes to go to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

One lovely male kitten - 5months old for fostering by a good home only (please dont reply if you dont live in a quiet area with a cat/kitten already). His brother was killed on our road yesterday & he's lonely so we have to give him up :(
    Limerick/Galway area but can travel for the right home

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Helzer23

I have had to come to the painful decision that I need to rehome my 2 dogs.
    They are beautiful tan, shorthaired mini dachshunds, aged 7, neutered, vaccinated, wormed etc. I want to ensure they get a loving, caring home. They would suit a household with either no children or older children as they are not very active/playful. They love company and to sit being rubbed on your lap :). Pics can be sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Helzer23

2 minature dachshunds needing a new loving home. We have to rehome our dogs and want to ensure they go to an amazing home. They are 7 years old, tan coloured, short haired and are neutered, vaccinated and wormed. They would suit family with no children or older children as they are not very playful, much prefer to snuggle into and have a good rub. They are toilet trained and need company and lots of tlc. Pics available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 FionaCassim

I too had that argument. The dog won.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Helzer23 wrote: »
    2 minature dachshunds needing a new loving home. We have to rehome our dogs and want to ensure they go to an amazing home. They are 7 years old, tan coloured, short haired and are neutered, vaccinated and wormed. They would suit family with no children or older children as they are not very playful, much prefer to snuggle into and have a good rub. They are toilet trained and need company and lots of tlc. Pics available.

pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Beautiful dogs they are do hope you find great homes for them

Advertisement