Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I've just watched my 6yr old run in to the lounge wearing his pjs & sunglasses, begin to dance to a song on the tv and proceeded to shake his bum and breakdance like a dying fly - very hard to keep a straight face:D Managed it though and gave him a round of applause only for him to turn to me, peer over the top of his glasses and give me a cheeky wink.
    Told me now he's famous, he's a grown up and doesn't need any of his 'baby' stuff (blankie) but he will make an exception for tomorrow as its easter!

the same boy told me yesterday that he was leaving home cos I was being mean to him, off you go I said, so he packed a bag and then said "I've got my stuff together and am going on monday after the easter bunny's been"
    Nice to know he has his priorities straight:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

I have a stomach bug and my Mother in law was taking my four year old out for the day so I could rest. When I told him his Nanny was coming over to take him out for breakfast and then to the park he got very upset and said " But Mammy I was planning on staying in and minding you today" I swear the child cracks me up laughing everyday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

My 2 year old girl and 4.5 year old boy nearly injure themselves geting to 'Nana's Fridge' for ice cream as fast as possible when we call.
    Normally I would take the top of loop the loop for the 2year old, but she has started copping that lately and Nana said 'leave her alone' Fine I said and 2 kids went off happy as you like while Nana and I chatted, about 'do you know who's dead and the like':P

Couple of mins later 2 year old come is with an anguished expression on her face with her 2 icecream soaked hand held aloft.
    Nana scooped her up and washed her face and hands at the sink, thus relieving the dreaded icecream freeze.
    Nana placed girl on the floor and said off you go. Daughter turned to her Nana and said with a distressed expression on her face 'Nana, what happen'd tome??
    Nana nearly melted faster than the ice cream:D

If Nana ever wins the lotto, I'm sorted, my kids will not be forgotten:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

My 5 year old wanted to go to the shop, i said "no, today is sunday all the shops are closed"

he said " no mom, todays not Sunday its Cloudyday"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

little man managed to pull his suction bowl off the table and and he looks at me with a big grin and says 'ha' and proceeds to spoon away at his rice. we were in knots.

• Advertisement

It was on friday, but i was so proud of them : i was in the supermarket and a charity bag packer was asking my 2 if the easter bunny was coming and they said no, there is no such thing as the easter bunny.
    he insisted that the easter bunny brought the eggs and my 5 yr old told him 'no, we just bought our eggs'.
    He persisted with 'that extra egg you get on easter morning is from the bunny'. my 5 yr old was looking at me for reassurance at this point, and the 3yr old piped up, 'Nooo, MY mommy told ME SHE gets the easter eggs and makes the easter hunt'.
    I was going to intervene, but i thought they were handling themselves well enough, very proud of them.
    They also had their first riding lesson on saturday and for 45 mins they sat on the ponies, did all the exercises, did as they were told, answered back and were so confident and self assured. Was beaming with pride.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Just out of the shower this morning my 2 year old runs into the bathroom slaps my bum and giggling shouts 'hello ass' .. :o i was so shocked..i didn't know he knew what ass meant :rolleyes: :D funny boy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

cbyrd wrote: »
    Just out of the shower this morning my 2 year old runs into the bathroom slaps my bum and giggling shouts 'hello ass' .. :o i was so shocked..i didn't know he knew what ass meant :rolleyes: :D funny boy

LOL It's shocking what the pick up......My 4.5year old boy, said to me in a serious confidential tone 'baby sister's name will have boobies when she grows up you know' I said 'Yes she will'

Not sure where it come from TBH:)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

My two year old little lady likes to drink my perfume. I caught her at a little bottle today and said "no!" As I took it away from her.

She screwed her face up for a second and then smiled wide. "Tasty, mommy!" She exclaimed.

oh well...at least her breath smells nice. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Picked my son (7yro) up from school, he hopped in the van, looked at me smugly and then stated: *I am wearing pink knickers and MAN are they tight!*

I was like :eek: what the...???

Turns out he fell in a puddle during PE and soaked himself including his underpants, school didn't have any to fit him safe the pink ones.

I nearly died laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

hacked wrote: »
    She screwed her face up for a second and then smiled wide. "Tasty, mommy!" She exclaimed.

Hmmm I wonder what the alcohol content is... :eek:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

In desperation I put Dijon mustard on my 2 year olds toes to try stop her biting her nails. She sucked it off and asked me for more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

In desperation I put Dijon mustard on my 2 year olds toes to try stop her biting her nails. She sucked it off and asked me for more.

She's a true Frenchie!

My little fella goes into fits of giggles when I change him, cos he gets to look at the changing organiser we have hanging on the wall. Don't know what it is about it (fabric is fairly plain) but EVERY SINGLE TIME he looks at it he goes nuts. It's gas!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

ninja900 wrote: »
    Hmmm I wonder what the alcohol content is... :eek:

Tell me about it!! Fortunately it's hard to properly drink it, she only gets a tiny bit, so more of a taste of perfume really. I keep it all out of reach of course, but she's a climber! :eek:

I put it on my nipples and told my then 2 year old the milk had gone yucky as she was too big for breast feeding, it worked!

hacked wrote: »
    Tell me about it!! Fortunately it's hard to properly drink it, she only gets a tiny bit, so more of a taste of perfume really. I keep it all out of reach of course, but she's a climber! :eek:

My fella used to suck the wick on the plug in air fresheners and eat dishwasher tablets and blues for the toilet....

had to hide everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 martin kelly.

Haha that's hilarious my mother did the same thing to me when I was a nipper chewing on my pencil. God I hate mustard.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Try English mustard, much stronger :cool:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Came into the kitchen this evening to find Cillian keeling on the floor giving the cat a pep-talk. He was holding her by the chin and staring into her face saying 'Are you listening to me? Don't be letting them big dogs boss you round. You're a special cat!'

Hilarious. And sweet.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭mummymoo

my 2 year old making her toys talk to each other, it craics me up every time they have some crazy conversations, today they went to the beach with no shoes or socks on.... on the living room window :L

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

Ds is 18 weeks old and it makes me so happy that he has the biggest smile for me when he wakes.

mummymoo wrote: »
    my 2 year old making her toys talk to each other, it craics me up every time they have some crazy conversations, today they went to the beach with no shoes or socks on.... on the living room window :L

LOVE that. my older 2 are great for making stuff up. the 3yr old plays away with her dolls and all sorts and then the 5yr old makes up some mad story and gets her to join in and away they go.
    they play scooby doo a lot, they make ghost traps and all.
    my 14mth old is starting to walk and he loves the clapping he gets when he manages more then a few steps so smiles all around ;-)

14mth old came up for a cuddle on the couch holding an Ernie (from sesame st) doll and he put him to the boob and said 'nana' (food) lol such a cutey

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

I gave up smoking two weeks ago, my four year old had found out smoking was bad for you so had asked me repeatedly to give up. His father was out in the garden smoking on Friday, Four year old asked me why I wasn't out with daddy smoking. I told him I gave up. "Well done mammy, your a great girl. Now I'm going to bring you to the cinema as a treat" next day he said to me in the morning "Ok get yourself dressed we are going to the cinema" I asked him had he got any money? "oh ya I have been saving in my jacket pocket!" He then very proudly showed me his savings of 70 cent. I brought him to the cinema and he gave his money in at the tickets, popcorn and ice cream stands, never realising he got the same money back and mammy was slipping the cashier notes :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

My five year old woke me up this morning around 5:30 to present me with a drawing of a big red love heart.

Her: "Happy Lovin Day Mammy". :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

This happened a couple of months ago when my mother in law was visiting. She was after having a shower and was getting dressed, my 4 year old was watching her, I just happened to be passing when I heard her saying "granny why do girls have to wear a bra?" I stopped at door waiting for answer, granny says "they are for keeping your boobies up", good answer, granny smiled over at me as if to say that went well, 4 year old then replies "well they aren't very good doing their job granny", we thought we would die laughing at the seriousness on her little face.

Also took same 4 year old shopping for her birthday dress, she loves fashion, make-up, shopping, a real little girl, unlike me who hates all of the above. Anyway bit the bullet took her into shopping centre, after looking in a few shops she eventually picked out a dress in next, great job done I thought! She then says she needs shoes to go with it, on we go again, went into at least 5 shops, tried on numerous pairs. I couldn't take anymore and said "Lucy, please pick out a pair of shoes as I am beginning to lose the will to live", she turned around and said mum, if I don't get the right shoes I will lose the will to live" the girl assisting us just walked away trying not to laugh. We eventually got a pair, what will she be like in 10 years???

Also took same 4 year old shopping for her birthday dress, she loves fashion, make-up, shopping, a real little girl, unlike me who hates all of the above. Anyway bit the bullet took her into shopping centre, after looking in a few shops she eventually picked out a dress in next, great job done I thought! She then says she needs shoes to go with it, on we go again, went into at least 5 shops, tried on numerous pairs. I couldn't take anymore and said "Lucy, please pick out a pair of shoes as I am beginning to lose the will to live", she turned around and said mum, if I don't get the right shoes I will lose the will to live" the girl assisting us just walked away trying not to laugh. We eventually got a pair, what will she be like in 10 years???

You have a DIVA in the making!

And from experience in 10 years time she will be worse! This cream and that cream, spot removers, blackhead removers, cleansing pads, new outfits, new shoes, tights, new make up, getting the hair done, getting the nails done, its never ending....

You have a DIVA in the making!

And from experience in 10 years time she will be worse! This cream and that cream, spot removers, blackhead removers, cleansing pads, new outfits, new shoes, tights, new make up, getting the hair done, getting the nails done, its never ending....

Oh god the thoughts of it, I am not able for all that at all. Have two boys who only want to kick a football. My sisters think its hilarious as they are big into their appearance ans obviously her ladyship takes after them, don't know how I will cope!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I was at the checkout in Dunnes yesterday and opened my purse to find that my credit card was missing (I'd left it behind in a previous store). I'm mortified and just when I think it can't get any worse my five year old starts singing Aloe Blacc's "I need a dollar" at the top of her voice. I so wanted to die :o:o:o The other customers thought it was hilarious though :(:D

Advertisement