Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Paul Bunbury - Respectful posts only please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

I just made it all the way from heuston station, to o'connell street and then on to dcu and the only poster I saw was in the men's room in heuston
    Well Heuston Station and all the Luas stops from Heuston to Connolly were *definitely* covered quite extensively, so if you didn't see anything they must have been taken down since they were put up. Though I was at a few of those Luas stops yesterday and the posters were still there.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I just made it all the way from heuston station, to o'connell street and then on to dcu and the only poster I saw was in the men's room in heuston
    I was back and forth from town earlier and I saw posters at bus stops on O Connell st, Drumcondra road and the swords road.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Well Heuston Station and all the Luas stops from Heuston to Connolly were *definitely* covered quite extensively, so if you didn't see anything they must have been taken down since they were put up. Though I was at a few of those Luas stops yesterday and the posters were still there.
    I was back and forth from town earlier and I saw posters at bus stops on O Connell st, Drumcondra road and the swords road.

ah well I didn't get off the luas till abbey street and then I was on the bus up the swords road etc. so wouldn't have seen them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭LaFlammeRouge

Any details on what he was doing around the O2 arena. Was the sighting recorded on CCTV? He could have walked down to the docks which would explain the 2 hour gap between sightings. The next ferries he could have taken are at:

Ulysses Cruise Ferry 20:55
    Stena Adventurer Dep 21:15

Its a long walk down Alexandra Road to the ferry Terminals. If he did take the ferry there would be plenty of CCTV of it (Luas, ticket desk, on the ferry, customs, etc.). Also he would have had a long wait (4hours) in Holyhead to get the first departing train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Arkhitekton

Any details on what he was doing around the O2 arena. Was the sighting recorded on CCTV? He could have walked down to the docks which would explain the 2 hour gap between sightings. The next ferries he could have taken are at:

Ulysses Cruise Ferry 20:55
    Stena Adventurer Dep 21:15

Its a long walk down Alexandra Road to the ferry Terminals. If he did take the ferry there would be plenty of CCTV of it (Luas, ticket desk, on the ferry, customs, etc.). Also he would have had a long wait (4hours) in Holyhead to get the first departing train.

I'm sure the gardai have checked all of the CCTV available to them and have timetables of departing ferries at their disposal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 zack_k

cloptrop wrote: »
    So nothing was on the o2 on that night as far as I can tell . Maybe he was heading to the boat .

That could explain why his passport was gone (something I saw mentioned earlier), I heard somewhere that you can still use an expired one to hop on a boat to the U.K.

Anyway, hope the lad's alright, and fair play to everyone doing all work putting up all the posters and such to find him.

zack_k wrote: »
    That could explain why his passport was gone (something I saw mentioned earlier), I heard somewhere that you can still use an expired one to hop on a boat to the U.K.

Anyway, hope the lad's alright, and fair play to everyone doing all work putting up all the posters and such to find him.

Well no point speculating I suppose... best leave that to the officials and the family!

And yeah, the poster-putter-uppers have been AMAZING!! There needs to be a
    massive thanks said to them! They're super!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mr_Mister

New posters and flyers should have the o2 arena village area as most recent sighting. Might be worth mentioning in brackets that the o2 is the point depot. the time is 6.20pm thursday 2nd feb. His age is important also to be included.

Posters on the dart line stations would be good. Commuters might use docklands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

zack_k wrote: »

You don't need a passport to go to the UK from Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Saw posters at the Dundrum Luas stop on my way to work this morning, though I saw one that had been half torn down.
    I see a few sharing the crime.ie updated link on facebook and the Journal.ie seems to have put it up again last night as well. Hopefully more people will see posters or facebook and someone maybe will have seen something with the new info.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Ok folks, this is a general warning and is NOT directed at any poster in particular. In recent days there has come about a certain feeling of dissatisfaction with what the gardaí and family are doing in regards to this case. Let me assure you now, that they are all doing everything possible to try and find Paul. It is in their rights to not make every little action they take public until it is deemed to be confirmed and of use to the general public in perhaps spotting Paul - as demonstrated by the recent reveal of the sighting of Paul at the O2.

So please, everyone take note. Any further expressions of dissatisfaction with the way this case is being dealt will be subject to further action according to the rules of boards.ie. The family read this thread, they are working with the Gardaí and covering every avenue possible.

Regarding posters - if you don't see one up somewhere you think it should be then please print some off and stick them up. Any more demanding posts regarding where posters should/should not be will also be dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Can the OP be updated when new news comes in?

Is the last sighting at the O2 confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

I think the fact that his last sighting has mow been updated to the o2 shows that there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes, keep the faith people!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

cosanostra wrote: »
    I think the fact that his last sighting has mow been updated to the o2 shows that there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes, keep the faith people!

Could a mod update the OP so? It's still down as last sighting Spar.

People won't read through 20 odd pages to see if there's been developments.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Carri

PopTarts wrote: »

I was about to update it there.. Seemingly I can't.

Carri wrote: »
    I was about to update it there.. Seemingly I can't.
    I'll update it now.

EDIT: seems I can't do it on my phone. I'll do it as soon as I get home from college.

If it wasn't confirmed I don't think that the family would have allowed it be spread around like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

It's been reported by RTE (http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0212/bunburyp.html) who I presume get their info from the Gardai/reliable sources.

Mr_Mister wrote: »
    New posters and flyers should have the o2 arena village area as most recent sighting. Might be worth mentioning in brackets that the o2 is the point depot. the time is 6.20pm tuesday 2nd feb. His age is important also to be included.

Posters on the dart line stations would be good. Commuters might use docklands.

Time is Thursday 2nd Feb!:P

New posters (with appropriate info) are being done and will be put up in the relevant areas. Just sit tight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mr_Mister

Time is Thursday 2nd Feb!:P

New posters (with appropriate info) are being done and will be put up in the relevant areas. Just sit tight.

Cheers. Well spotted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

hope hes found soon and safe, its scary when things like this happen, but hopefully hell turn up soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Cill94

It's good to know that if it's confirmed that he was sighted at the 02 days after he was reported missing then it would appear this is all by his own accord. Hopefully someone will be able to contact him to tell him how worried everyone is for him. I shared on Facebook and it got a few shares as a result so at least over 200 people will have seen his face through that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

I think he was last spotted on the day he went missing cilla. 2 hours fter he left DCU he was seen at the o2 .
    Im nearly 100 per cent on this .

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

Cill94 wrote: »
    It's good to know that if it's confirmed that he was sighted at the 02 days after he was reported missing then it would appear this is all by his own accord. Hopefully someone will be able to contact him to tell him how worried everyone is for him. I shared on Facebook and it got a few shares as a result so at least over 200 people will have seen his face through that.

Its the same day Thursday 2nd he was at DCU at 1600 and o2 at 1820

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

Ok this has me very confused

If he has been sighted alive why does he not want to be found?

There are a lot of people looking for him including garda and family

I hope he is found but i just dont get it

investment wrote: »
    Ok this has me very confused

If he has been sighted alive why does he not want to be found?

There are a lot of people looking for him including garda and family

He was sighted BEFORE he was reported missing. This new sighting is timed only 2 hours after the previous sighting and a day before anyone realised he was missing. You can't really make any assumptions from it about where he is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

Konata wrote: »
    He was sighted BEFORE he was reported missing. This new sighting is timed only 2 hours after the previous sighting and a day before anyone realised he was missing. You can't really make any assumptions from it about where he is now.

I appericate that... however; he has been missing for since the 2th Feb....thats over 12 days ago

If paul is alive..he would make contact with family members ...right??

So we must assume the worst otherwise there would never be a search when someone goes missing..right?

So have the garda dragged all the major waterways near where paul went missing and searched the area just to be sure?

investment wrote: »
    I appericate that... however; he has been missing for since the 2th Feb....thats over 12 days ago

If paul is alive..he would make contact with family members ...right??

So we must assume the worst otherwise there would never be a search when someone goes missing..right?

So have the garda dragged all the major waterways near where paul went missing and searched the area just to be sure?

Please read my mod warning on post #285 regarding questioning the Gardaí before posting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

My brother has put up flyers for me in both Chester and our hometown of Liverpool just in case Paul took the ferry and went that direction.

Brother told me that he edited the flyer slightly so that the Irsh country code would be included in the phone number.

Might be an idea if any other Boardsies in the UK or who who have family there could get a few flyers up in their local town. Apols if this has already been suggested elsewhere in this thread.

• Advertisement

I'm sure ferry/terminal CCTV will be in the process of being checked. The results of which will determine where the search carries on. I will be in London next week so will do my bit there if he did take the ferry.

Advertisement