Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Paul Bunbury - Respectful posts only please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CreamCrackers

amdublin wrote: »
    Who is this addressed to please :confused:

Griffith Avenue should probably get postered too and the Swords road. I've often walked down those roads while coming from DCU. There are also some businesses on the Swords road like that Chinese and the likes, might be worth dropping a few flyers in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Griffith Avenue should probably get postered too and the Swords road. I've often walked down those roads while coming from DCU. There are also some businesses on the Swords road like that Chinese and the likes, might be worth dropping a few flyers in.

Who is this addressed to also please?

amdublin wrote: »
    Who is this addressed to also please?

I'm not entirely sure who is charge of the thread or who started it so I don't really know who is should be addressed to. I'm just putting it out there. I've some time on monday so I could even do it. I live in Marino on Griffith Avenue so I could definitely do that end anyway, and put a poster up in the Marino accommodation office and their college. Its not too far off DCU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Just noticed this thread now about this chap that is missing. Yesterday Evening Thursday the 9th of Febuary i was in The Square shopping centre, Tallaght with my wife. I was on an escalator travelling from the 3rd floor to the 2nd floor, on the opposite escalator travelling from 2nd to 3rd floor a guy matching Pauls description was on it.

Only reason it has stuck in my head is he was having a very in depth chat with himself and looked a bit distressed as in arguing with himself. It was roughly 830pm and its the escalator that emerges at the vodafone store for anyone familiar with the setup there.

Clothing was blue jeans, grey hoodie that was open and a metallica tshirt on show under the hoodie. The tshirt was black or navy with metallica in large writing about chest high, he had glasses on and long hair with full facial hair. I've actually had my wife look at the picture and she really feels it was him also, i'm so sorry i didn't see this missing person alert earlier but will contact Gardai and let them know, i'm sure extensive cctv will be available. Anything else i think of i will post.

Make sure you dont leave it on the long finger, as it becomes no help after a certain time left un reported. Also, a lot of CCTV rewrites over itself after a day or 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mr_Mister

anyone. get posters up. Flyers to shops. Dont leave it to others.

hostels and B+bs also shud be got.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭BeatlesFan1992

I live in Sillogue Road in Ballymun and the surrounding area's around there does not have ONE poster describing Paul. I have only seen three posters, two at the bus stop at DCU and one in Aberdeen Chinese Shop. I attend Whitehall College and every morning and every time I head home, I am always on the look out. I keep telling friends and family to keep a look out. All I can do is hope and pray that Paul returns home safely and in his own time explain what he was going through. I just hope that he went away for a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

There are only so many physical places that people can get to. If you spot a place without posters please, please put some up. Ireland is a huge place and even small areas take a long time to poster as not all shops will take posters. If you know anyone who could help please ask them.

It may sound weird but I stuck one on my front door and have had a lot of neighbours asking for more info. If you have a chance why not pop one in your front window or at your front door? A lot of people may walk by and see it each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

First off, I hope Paul is found, he sounds like a sound lad and although there is little I can do from where I am right now, I did attend Maynooth and have found out about it from friends there. Everyone is doing a fantastic job spreading the word, and im sharing his missing persons link on facebook

Im not being in any way morbid and great appologies if I upset anyone by this but nobody has mentioned being in touch with hospitals. I think this may be an avenue that needs to be looked into, he may have had an accident of sorts and is safe somewhere in a hospital unable to get in touch with friends and family.

Mods, please remove if you feel im being insensitive

I live in Sillogue Road in Ballymun and the surrounding area's around there does not have ONE poster describing Paul. I have only seen three posters, two at the bus stop at DCU and one in Aberdeen Chinese Shop. I attend Whitehall College and every morning and every time I head home, I am always on the look out. I keep telling friends and family to keep a look out. All I can do is hope and pray that Paul returns home safely and in his own time explain what he was going through. I just hope that he went away for a break.

This, exactly, the people on the street do not know about it. WE NEED TO CHANGE THIS.
    GET THE WORD OUT

Ballymun Road has far, far more done after today.
    Park is done.
    Swords Road has posters at most busstops, up to the church past the junction.
    Griffith avenue is mostly done on the left side of the swords road ( left of the swords road intersection I mean).
    Collins Avenue needs more, but main busstops are got.

The right side of the Griffith avenue ( right of the swords road intersection I mean) not done yet.
    St Mobhi Rd not done yet. Home farm road not done yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

I live in Sillogue Road in Ballymun and the surrounding area's around there does not have ONE poster describing Paul... All I can do is hope and pray that Paul returns home safely

Or you could print some posters and put them up. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

biomed32 wrote: »
    First off, I hope Paul is found, he sounds like a sound lad and although there is little I can do from where I am right now, I did attend Maynooth and have found out about it from friends there. Everyone is doing a fantastic job spreading the word, and im sharing his missing persons link on facebook

Im not being in any way morbid and great appologies if I upset anyone by this but nobody has mentioned being in touch with hospitals. I think this may be an avenue that needs to be looked into, he may have had an accident of sorts and is safe somewhere in a hospital unable to get in touch with friends and family.

Mods, please remove if you feel im being insensitive

Hospitals have been mentioned already in this thread and it was stated that yes, they were checked and they have Paul's description in case he turns up.

Mr_Mister wrote: »
    This, exactly, the people on the street do not know about it. WE NEED TO CHANGE THIS.
    GET THE WORD OUT

Ballymun Road has far, far more done after today.
    Park is done.
    Swords Road has posters at most busstops, up to the church past the junction.
    Griffith avenue is mostly done on the left side of the swords road ( left of the swords road intersection I mean).
    The right side of the Griffith avenue ( right of the swords road intersection I mean) needs to be done.

St Mobhi Rd not done yet. Home farm road not done yet.

If the right side of Griffith Avenue hasn't been done by monday I'll get it done when I get back to Dublin and I'll see about some being put up in Marino Institute of Education. There are also shops across from Marino, on Marino strand or whatever that road is called.. I'll see if they will allow me to put the posters up there too and in the shops across from Pats.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

Konata wrote: »
    Hospitals have been mentioned already in this thread and it was stated that yes, they were checked and they have Paul's description in case he turns up.

Sorry Konata, I must have missed it. But seriously hope he is found safe and well.

If the right side of Griffith Avenue hasn't been done by monday I'll get it done when I get back to Dublin and I'll see about some being put up in Marino Institute of Education. There are also shops across from Marino, on Marino strand or whatever that road is called.. I'll see if they will allow me to put the posters up there too and in the shops across from Pats.

Griffith Avenue to the left of Ballymun road is also not done.
    Ballymun Road is done up as far as the church, but it goes much longer.

When you are at the printers, please print at least 200,
    they will be gone before you know it, and others will want some from you.
    Inform them that they can photocopy them, Give them at least one High quality poster, copying copies dosent work as well.
    THEY ARE UNLIKELY TO GET THE POSTER BY GOING ON THE INTERNET.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭melmoth77

Hi all, I know Paul's face from around DCU. My thoughts are with his family and friends, I really hope he is found safe and well. I actually got the bus from the Ballymun road just a bit earlier than he was seen in the Eurospar on the thursday and don't remember seeing him at all, but I have just remembered that there was quite a crowd of secondary school students at the busstop (and more were coming out) - I think they were possibly in for computer/physics workshops or something. I wonder if it would be worth mentioning this to security in DCU, they may be able to find out what schools were in and get posters to them? One of them might remember something? Hope this may be helpful in some small way.

face1990 wrote: »
    Or you could print some posters and put them up. ;)

I hope does not sound cheeky when reading this but if I had a working printer I would. If there was an Internet cafe around I would. Like I said, I am praying that he comes home safe and sound. I am on boards.ie and Find Paul Bunbury page everyday hoping there are some new clues to help find Paul. All I can do is hope and pray. So without trying to cause any arguments or rudeness, don't put a wink at the end of the comment and try to make yourself sound smart because frankly it doesn't help matters. I am telling people everyday to keep a look out. I am consently sharing the Find Paul Bunbury page on Facebook. There is only so much I can do to help the search for Paul. Now with due respect, I will take your comment into consideration but until then I will do what I can do to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Sallyanne2

Dont take offence at anyone on this site BeatlesFan1992 as they are all under stress. Every one of us has Paul's safety at the forefront of our minds, no matter how it comes across.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So when is this going to get proper media exposure, it seems to be just local papers and college free sheets thats discussing this. Does it usually have to be two weeks before there is national coverage?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

So when is this going to get proper media exposure, it seems to be just local papers and college free sheets thats discussing this. Does it usually have to be two weeks before there is national coverage?

Correct me if I am wrong but from what I know, it's up to the parents to decide if they want press coverage. Like I said, I could be purely mistaken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Mr_Mister wrote: »
    Griffith Avenue to the left of Ballymun road is also not done.
    Ballymun Road is done up as far as the church, but it goes much longer.

When you are at the printers, please print at least 200,
    they will be gone before you know it, and others will want some from you.
    Inform them that they can photocopy them, Give them at least one High quality poster, copying copies dosent work as well.
    THEY ARE UNLIKELY TO GET THE POSTER BY GOING ON THE INTERNET.

You do it then instead of barking orders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭cusackd

Garda press office have made a renewed appeal for Paul Bunbury

http://bit.ly/wd9nO3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Didn't know that his last sighting was changed... so the O2 Arena at 6.20pm... possibly that he hopped a ferry to England? Down by the docks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

What was on that night . As far as I can tell it was van morrison ? Was he into that sort of thing ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

cloptrop wrote: »
    What was on that night . As far as I can tell it was van morrison ? Was he into that sort of thing ?

Van Morrison was on the 4th of Feb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

So nothing was on the o2 on that night as far as I can tell . Maybe he was heading to the boat .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

It should be on RTE tonight or tomorrow morning actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 crazycouchy

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/families-cling-to-hope-missing-loved-ones-will-turn-up-3017105.html?start=1

This was in todays Sunday Independent. Sadly there is no picture of Paul attached. I really hope he turns up safe.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Nice banner, Shield.

Small correction though: DCU is in Dublin 9, not Dublin 4!
    Fixed. No need to say where I was thinking of.
    I also changed the link on Ross's site too. It's now paul_3.jpg for those wishing to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

Just saw it on the RTE site. Good to see it's getting more exposure now.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0212/bunburyp.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

I just made it all the way from heuston station, to o'connell street and then on to dcu and the only poster I saw was in the men's room in heuston

Advertisement