Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I think the word I'm trying to spell is something like.... nnnnggggggnnnnnnaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrr ..... I might have missed a 'r' though.

I lost you after the 3rd g.. but I ll take that you like it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

AstraMonti wrote: »
    I lost you after the 3rd g.. but I ll take that you like it :D

That's five extra g's you've just got. I'll hold your hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

IMG_0821.jpg

Finally, the Ken lives!

The lads in Eurocycles really helped me out with this one, couldn't recommend them more. Sound as can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Joey Joe-Joe Jr

Very nice! What size frame is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Thanks Joey, it's a 59.

• Advertisement

bcmf wrote: »
    This way

Tried it. Also tried spacers.. still can't get it to work right. And they are very nice chainrings stiff and quiet, don't really want to change them :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

hmmm......Its dropping between the rings?

hmmm......Its dropping between the rings?

Yeap, had a mechanic to look at it too, couldn't figure it out either.

I remember reading somewhere (maybe WW or RBR) that someone was having a similar issue with shifting on those rings.
    Steve from F-L was a bit stumped by it. The switched the ring ie inside out and moved it forward afair. I think they came to the conclusion that it was a FD problem.
    Have you tried it with a normal FD. I know a lot of guys dont use the 11sp FD as they feel the 10sp works better. (hence you see more 11 sp FD's for sale then normal)

I remember reading somewhere (maybe WW or RBR) that someone was having a similar issue with shifting on those rings.
    Steve from F-L was a bit stumped by it. The switched the ring ie inside out and moved it forward afair. I think they came to the conclusion that it was a FD problem.
    Have you tried it with a normal FD. I know a lot of guys dont use the 11sp FD as they feel the 10sp works better. (hence you see more 11 sp FD's for sale then normal)

No haven't tried that to be honest.. but probably I won't bother with a swap, I ll try to swap sides on the small ring and see what comes out of it. I am starting to look over the Q-ring side, but I can only find 53/40 for 135BCD.

• Advertisement

There are only 2 things that come to mind that will cause that to happen.
    1) cable tension.
    Maybe the cable is too tight.So when you press the thumb shifter there is still too much tension 'holding' the mech thus not letting the mech drop fully therefore not pushing the chain far enough in/down to the small ring
    and/or
    2)
    The inside of the outer plate of the mech is picking up the chain too early or too late and not placing the chain right.

You want to come over to take a look? I have lots of beer :p

you live in that southside place...dont ya. If ya worked in City centre then I could possibly spin in on Fri and I could have a look see.

you live in that southside place...dont ya. If ya worked in City centre then I could possibly spin in on Fri and I could have a look see.

I live south and work even souther. I ll pm you to see if we can arrange something.

Sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Inspired by a thread on Bike Forums - http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/index.php/t-640618.html

Any chance it has something to do with the width of the chain? Is there a possibility that the 11 sp chain is not wide enough to 'catch' properly on the downshift (possibly exacerbated by the generic inner chainring).

Ignore me if that's stupid.

It's a possibility, I am not very good in the mechanical stuff.

@Mods, maybe move the posts that are about the chainrings in a separate thread?

It's a possibility, I am not very good in the mechanical stuff.

@Mods, maybe move the posts that are about the chainrings in a separate thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

No haven't tried that to be honest.. but probably I won't bother with a swap, I ll try to swap sides on the small ring and see what comes out of it. I am starting to look over the Q-ring side, but I can only find 53/40 for 135BCD.

Id 2nd this thought innner rings are slighty offset they have a right and wrong size, usually the number of teeth will be printed on the ring facing towards the bottom bracket

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delynet

Cycle superstore have one of these on display. Only €15,000.

2011-1116-Look695.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭furiousox

delynet wrote: »
    Cycle superstore have one of these on display. Only €15,000

15 grand?
    For a hong-fu??? :pac:

CPL 593H

th_b17182dc58dcf8dd966aafee6c70605f_colnago80lateraleconfondo1000x560_edited114.jpg

Special edition colagno for Colagno's 80th birthday. Sauce: http://www.colnago.com/c59-ottanta/ This will be probably worth around 25k in around 20years time.. anyone for a long term investment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Special edition colagno for Colagno's 80th birthday. Sauce: http://www.colnago.com/c59-ottanta/ This will be probably worth around 25k in around 20years time.. anyone for a long term investment?

Nah, given the way Central Banks are distorting the money supply, the next wave of hyper inflation will mean that 25k in 20 years time is worth sod all. Maybe you will be able to get a Colnago t shirt for that money in two decades:D..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

ROK ON wrote: »
    Maybe you will be able to get a Colnago t shirt for that money in two decades:D..
    Are the joins at the sleeves lugged?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭Plastik

Image of beauty? I like to think so :) Have a loan of some Cosmics for the weekend!

IMG_2564.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭murf85

Plastik wrote: »
    Image of beauty? I like to think so :) Have a loan of some Cosmics for the weekend!

IMG_2564.jpg

You break 'em you pay for 'em!!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

IMG_2564.jpg

Whoa thats some drop, hurting just looking at it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

IMG_2564.jpg
    Gatorskins on deep sections? you need to have a word with your mate!

With the seat post up that high and the amount of spacers would there be perhaps a sizing issue?

• Advertisement

2012-Look-920-full-suspension-mountain-bike.jpg

2012-Look-986-hardtail-mountain-bike.jpg

By far the best looking HT and FS I ve seen.

Advertisement