Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Two Dutch teams Ajax/PSV i bet on for overs and all i get is 1 goal :eek: :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

its going to be a long europa league for rovers kazan will put 5 or 6 past them at home goodness knows if tottenham played there 1st team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I went 30euros on Udiense & Atletico kinda did it spur of the moment hoping I dont regret it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

fuuuuuck Slovan Bratislava ruined several accums for me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Derek! wrote: »
    Singles of Falcao FGS and Huntelaar FGS for me @ 7/2 and 9/2

Also a small double @ 23.75/1 :p
    Yes what a start! Falcao :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Quick look towards the weekend and a few bets i fancy although only had a quick look so far.

Arsenal 10/11 away to Blackburn.

Blackburn are terrible and it will be hostile with the fans wanting Keane out.

Bolton 8/11 home to Norwich.

Bolton are a decent side and have a good manager they have had a rough few weeks but should see off a poor Norwich.

Both to score Millwall/West Ham 4/6.

West Ham have been scoring a few away from home and conceding. A grudge match and i can see it being an open game.

Draw Swansea/West Brom 9/4.

Cant see too many goals here and think their is good value with the draw. Swansea will try play nice football but lack quality up front while West Brom know how to defend well so think draw is a good possibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Have had a few nice winners this week so far, Dont see much value win wise in england alot of draw looking games. So my picks will be
    Arsenal to beat Blackburn
    Man City to beat Fulham
    Sevilla to beat Sociedad
    Villareal to beat Granada
    Valencia to beat Gijon
    €7 returns €144 long shot but hey when the lucks in
    My advice stay away from France this week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Mark! wrote: »
    Tonight for me;

PAOK DNB
    Udinese
    PSV

€10 @ 4/1

Also going with;

Di Natale Score and Win @ 11/5

€20

Good luck everyone!

gggggddddd.png

GET IN!!!!! Pity about PAOK not winning but I'll take it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Good job. Thankfully you didn't listen me when I wrote that Di Natale will start on the bench... or you just placed your bet earlier :cool:

stingerro wrote: »
    Good job. Thankfully you didn't listen me when I wrote that Di Natale will start on the bench... or you just placed your bet earlier :cool:

I had it placed anyways, never even thought that he could have been rested. Should have went with the Falcao bet too but i'm happy with 2 wins from 2 bets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Nuts102 wrote: »

Draw Swansea/West Brom 9/4.

Cant see too many goals here and think their is good value with the draw. Swansea will try play nice football but lack quality up front while West Brom know how to defend well so think draw is a good possibility.

Really hope you are wrong about that one sir. Have a 20 accum on PSG(won), Arsenal, Man City, Wolves and West Brom- returns 400. West Brom have been impressive against the big teams so far and I think they should edge it, esp if Long has a good game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Yoshie.

Lol, and I hope you're wrong!
    I've got QPR in an accy. Despite their form and high odds, I think they can win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Yoshie. wrote: »
    Lol, and I hope you're wrong!
    I've got QPR in an accy. Despite their form and high odds, I think they can win.

May the best punter win Yoshie :pac:. Newcastle let me down in a treble against QPR last week so I wouldn't rule out QPR ruining my chances again. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Stuck €5 on these two games been a draw:

Lens v Boulogne
    Bastia v Monaco

The double pays 9.56/1.

I might do a few bets in play but other than that I dont see anything worth big money at the moment.

I've done this for today:

Eintracht Frankfurt (vs Rostock)
    Ingolstadt (vs Dinamo Dresde)
    Fortuna Dusseldorf or draw (vs Erzgebirge)
    Padova (vs Hellas Verona)
    @8.09

All I like for today

GAIS -1
    NEC v NAC Over 2.5

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

astonaidan wrote: »
    My advice stay away from France this week

Stay away from France evry week! :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Looking at Gil Vincente - Olhanense
    I like the odds for the home win @2.15

Gil Vincente might have only 4 points from 4 matches but that probably is 1 point more than they hoped for seeing as they played Benfica, Porto and Braga already.
    Olhanense has 1 point more from the first 4 matches but havent played any from the those 3. They did draw against Sporting at home though. Last match they had 2 players sent off. I guess they will be suspended now.

Taking a home win for Gil Vincente in combination with a DNB for Padova.

As for the Dutch eredivisie tonight.
    NEC should win against NAC (better known as Breda here but NEC-NAC sounds funnier and NAC is the real name)
    2 or 3 goals in that match i expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

St pats. Bohs. Stuttgart. The treble is a certainty. Everybody get on. Lump on as much as u can. I am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Anyone else think Pats should be Evens against Cork tonight in the FAI Cup? BP's @ 5/4 (bet365) and 129/100 (betfair)

• Advertisement

Really hope you are wrong about that one sir. Have a 20 accum on PSG(won), Arsenal, Man City, Wolves and West Brom- returns 400. West Brom have been impressive against the big teams so far and I think they should edge it, esp if Long has a good game.

I see your point but i think Nowich were unlucky not draw to last week which i was waiting on for €150. I done a 6 team acc with 2 up already from handicaps in rugby so nice sweat for €300. Fancy Arsenal, Bolton and both to score in the Millwall/West Ham game. The draw is the dodgy game but sure i think its good value. Well hopefully one of us gets some money out of it either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Hey lads. I was hoping to get some advice. Im thinking of putting €50 into my bet365 account to get on that offer that they are doing on the Man Utd game. Now for me 50 quid is alot of money so i need something safe-ish to bet on. Here is the offer:

"To qualify for your free In-Play bet, simply place a bet before kick-off, then once the game starts place another bet on any In-Play market. If your FIRST In-Play bet loses we will refund this stake, up to the same value as your largest pre-match bet (max €50*)."

Any advice lads what to do? :)

^ Man City (vs Fulham) maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

CriticEyes wrote: »
    Hey lads. I was hoping to get some advice. Im thinking of putting €50 into my bet365 account to get on that offer that they are doing on the Man Utd game. Now for me 50 quid is alot of money so i need something safe-ish to bet on. Here is the offer:

"To qualify for your free In-Play bet, simply place a bet before kick-off, then once the game starts place another bet on any In-Play market. If your FIRST In-Play bet loses we will refund this stake, up to the same value as your largest pre-match bet (max €50*)."

Any advice lads what to do? :)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056390993 - I agree with Jive, 1X looks like a decent idea.

Anybody look at anything today going to open the soccer tracker in a few minutes and look into more detail. Games of interest. I know people have said stay away from France so i will look a bit more into detail. The Gil Vicente and N.E.C. bets appeal to me alot. Their seems to be alot of goals in TPS and FF Jaro matches might have a look at over 2.5 goals instead for that match.

Gil Vicente Evs
    N.E.C. 8/13
    G.A.I.S. -1 5/4
    Angers to beat Amiens 4/6
    Tours to beat istres 8/11
    TPS 5/6
    Brann 10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

torres9kop wrote: »
    St pats. Bohs. Stuttgart. The treble is a certainty. Everybody get on. Lump on as much as u can. I am

Certainty you say?:rolleyes: Just like the last banker.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

like the look of bolton wolves arsenal kerry
    15 pays 166. please god:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭careca11

torres9kop wrote: »

thats far from a certainty ,
    first Dundalk V Bohs (this is dundalks last chance saloon for the season) , I can see us getting a result

Cork V Pats , hmmmm Pats record in the cup is dire , I'm favouring cork city at home ,
    as for stuttgart , not exactly a great team away from home .

as for me ,
    I'm taking a punt at Dundalk, Cork and sligo rovers .

and then Villa , wolves, man u , bilbao and lyon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

stingerro wrote: »
    I think we discussed this team in the past, but (it was posted before last match, which ended 0:7): They are playing next game on Saturday.

Bet365 have the estonia league up now but not this match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Barrow v Mansfield 13/10

Barrow will be missing some key players for this. Andy Nicholas, Andy Ferrell, Phill Boland, Mike Pearson and Darren Sheridan. With those key injuries Mansfield are a good price to come away with 3 points..

Oldham might be another team to lay tomorrow as they are more likely to be missing some key players like Captain Dean Furman as well as Josh Parker although will wait for team news before will go into this one..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement