Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

United Vs. Chelsea

Options
  • 16-09-2011 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭

Just a heads up on some offers in case anyone is putting down some early bets!

Bet365 doing an offer where if you place a pre-match bet (up to €50) you will get a free in play bet of the same amount (i.e. if the in play bet loses they will refund you up to the same value of your pre-match bet, max €50)

PP will refund all losing 1st/last goalscorer, correct score and scorecast singles if Chelsea win.

I don't see Chelsea winning this one due to how in form United are at the minute. Chelsea have been grinding out results the last few weeks and are struggling to create any space up front. Rooney is on a mad one so you have to fancy United big time. I'm thinking of putting the pre-match bet of €50 on United and the draw (1/6) as that looks safe as houses. I will then throw €50 on some in running bet, maybe overs or unders depending on how the match is being played. Looks like a really good offer from Bet365 tbh. Wouldn't touch Power's offer, don't fancy Chelsea at all even though I'd like to see them win it :pac:

If there's any other offers or just opinions, fire away!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Always remember to read the T's & C's:

To qualify for your free In-Play bet, simply place a bet before kick-off, then once the game starts place another bet on any In-Play market. If your FIRST In-Play bet loses we will refund this stake, up to the same value as your largest pre-match bet (max €50*).

Hide Terms and Conditions
    • Free bet value will be equal to the stake of the largest pre-match single bet placed by a customer on the Man Utd v Chelsea Premier League match, played on Sunday 18th September 2011, up to a maximum of €50*.
    • Free bet will be deemed your first single bet placed In-Play on the Man Utd v Chelsea Premier League match played on Sunday 18th September 2011.
    • Note that ‘pre-match’ is defined as bets placed prior to kick-off of the Man Utd v Chelsea Premier League match played on Sunday 18th September 2011 and ‘In-Play’ is defined as any bet struck after the game has kicked off.
    • Bets must be paid for and placed in the usual way. If your free bet loses, your stake will be refunded to your account within two hours of the end of the game. Maximum free bet per customer is €50*.
    • Where more than one selection is placed on the same betslip In-Play, the free bet selection will be deemed to be the one which is first on the betslip.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Ok lets see. How about this. Would this work. €50 on Man U and the draw and in play 50 on over .5 goals. Would that qualify? I have to play it as safe as possible as im dipping into my Newcastle fund to place this bet. So this bet has to be nearly nailed on.

Ok there is another cool offer in here as well. I think its pretty good as well.

100% Initial Mobile Bonus

" To celebrate the launch of our new and improved Mobile service we’re giving a fantastic 100% bonus to all our new and existing customers.

There are a range of great new features to our Mobile service, which is now easier to navigate, allows multiple bets, includes our market leading In-Play service, and much more.

To claim your bonus, simply place a qualifying bet through Mobile at bet365 of only €1* or more and you will be entitled to a 100% bonus, up to a maximum of €50*.

Once you have placed your qualifying bet, you will need to obtain your Offer Code from our main site, by selecting Members from the Services menu, then Offers and viewing Offers Available. You will then receive an email with your Offer Code to your registered email address. Alternatively, you can Contact Us and one of our Customer Service advisors will be pleased to assist you.

You can then enter your Offer Code by entering the Members area on site or through the Mobile service.

With fantastic offers and an extensive range of pre-event and In-Play markets, you can be sure that bet365 is the place to be for all your mobile bets.

* or currency equivalent "

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fat tony9

hav i got this right? how about utd an draw (1/6) 50 euro, 50 in play- say maybe correct score or nxt goalscorer(where prices are decent). that looses i get my 50 refunded. ya?? if so thats well worth a go....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Ya, I'd put 50 on Utd win or draw to be safe before hand.

And then in play, the best value bets I see are;

-United to win(just do it in the first minute) @5/6

-United halftime/fulltime @15/8

-Over 2.5 goals @19/20

-Hernandez(9/2), Rooney(15/4), Young(9/1) or Nani(17/2) to score first

-Hernandez(7/1) or Rooney(11/2) to score two or more goals

-United -1 handicap @11/5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

The last 6 games between United and Chelsea have been decided by 1 goal ......United to win by 1 is 11/4 on Bet 365.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

i thought it meant u need to place 2 bets to get the free inplay bet.for example if u stake 50 on man utd to win before the match and then 20cent in play that would give you the free 50 euro bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Healio wrote: »
    Always remember to read the T's & C's:

To qualify for your free In-Play bet, simply place a bet before kick-off, then once the game starts place another bet on any In-Play market. If your FIRST In-Play bet loses we will refund this stake, up to the same value as your largest pre-match bet (max €50*).

I did read them. Place a pre-match bet and get a free in-play bet to the same value up to €50. The free in-play bet is essentially a refunded stake if your in-play bet happens to lose.
    fat tony9 wrote: »
    hav i got this right? how about utd an draw (1/6) 50 euro, 50 in play- say maybe correct score or nxt goalscorer(where prices are decent). that looses i get my 50 refunded. ya?? if so thats well worth a go....

Yeah that's my understanding of it. Good offer for sure.
    seanhynes wrote: »
    i thought it meant u need to place 2 bets to get the free inplay bet.for example if u stake 50 on man utd to win before the match and then 20cent in play that would give you the free 50 euro bet?

My understanding is if I place €20 on a market before kick off and I place €50 in-play and the in-play loses that I will be refunded €20 for the in-play bet. Or, alternatively, if I place €50 on a market and €50 in-play and the in-play loses then I get €50 refunded. If it wins it wins! €50 is the max refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

This is just too confusing to go near :P

Samich wrote: »
    This is just too confusing to go near :P

Pretty straight forward to me.

http://www.bet365.com/extra/en/promotions/soccer/premier-league-free-bet-offer/?lng=1

Man Utd v Chelsea Free Bet Offer

Man Utd entertain Chelsea on Sunday and we’ve got a fantastic free bet offer to add to the excitement of the biggest game of the Premier League season so far.

Place a pre-match bet on the Man Utd v Chelsea game and we will give you a free In-Play bet to the same stake on the big match.

As always, there'll be plenty to choose from with over 60 In-Play markets available throughout the game including Next Goal, Match Goals, Total Corners, Half-Time Result, Full-Time Result and much more.

With an extensive range of pre-match and In-Play markets and a fantastic free bet offer, bet365 is the number one place for all your Soccer betting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

I will definitely go for over 0.5 goals as "big" pre game bet. Not sure yet about "In Play" - some first goalscorers from United or them winning the match are under consideration. Any other ideas?

Edit: Just read that Phil Dowd will be referee. Over 5.5 goals definitely under consideration.

• Advertisement

stingerro wrote: »
    I will definitely go for over 0.5 goals as "big" pre game bet. Not sure yet about "In Play" - some first goalscorers from United or them winning the match are under consideration. Any other ideas?

Edit: Just read that Phil Dowd will be referee. Over 5.5 goals definitely under consideration.

I would say there's a greater chance of a 0-0 draw than there is of Chelsea winning the game.

Therefore United and draw @1/6 is a much better Pre match bet than over .5 goals.

IMHO of course.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I'm going to say this right now. Torres will score tomorrow. If he doesn't I will leave boards.ie forever... *echoes* forever...forever...forever!

He will though.

FearDark wrote: »
    I'm going to say this right now. Torres will score tomorrow. If he doesn't I will leave boards.ie forever... *echoes* forever...forever...forever!

He will though.

I've been saying that before every game he plays :D

It just never seems to happen...

I will eat my hat if he scores tomorrow. He won't though:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

there was a time when torres was like messi and you could bank on him to score in every game, nowadays its more like banking on him not to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

going with United win for the first bet and then rooney to score first for the in play bet Id reckon.

I have used the 100% match bonus for the mobile site before so I guess I cant reuse this offer again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Two I fancy for my prematch bet- Chelsea to win alternative card index -0 @ 8/11 is very appealing. Over 9 corners @ 8/15 looks a good one too.

Undecided about in-running bet. Considering it is a free bet I am tempted to go for a long shot like Chelsea to miss a penalty at 28/1 or just go safer and do something like Man U to score in both halves @ 7/4

jesus would you not go for torres to score a hat trick or is that crazy?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fat tony9

ya thats just crazy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Rooney first goal and Man Utd win 5/1

Hernadaz first goal and Man Utd win 6/1

Rooney two or more goals 11/2

Hernadaz two or more goals 15/2

And then with my free in running bet might do over 3.5 goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Pre match bet Man utd Evs
    In Play bet Ashley Young 3/1 any time to score

• Advertisement

put the €50 free on under 3.5 @ 5/6. Was watching the all ireland till half time and when I flicked on United had just scored. Already have pre-match €50 on United and the draw. After putting on the under 3.5 the game is looking very loose but hopefully it'll calm down and we won't see 3 more goals and I'll laugh all the way to the bank :D

Where the hell is the free in running bet?

Where the hell is the free in running bet?

They refund it after afaik gav!! If it loses they'll give ya the stake back (not as a free bet from what I've read, just cash back into your account).

jive wrote: »
    They refund it after afaik gav!! If it loses they'll give ya the stake back (not as a free bet from what I've read, just cash back into your account).

Yup it is, asked on Livechat, thankfully I didn't know that till after Nani scored as I had Rooney 5/1 picked when on Livechat. Gone for Rooney 3rd goal 5/1.

Yup it is, asked on Livechat, thankfully I didn't know that till after Nani scored as I had Rooney 5/1 picked when on Livechat. Gone for Rooney 3rd goal 5/1.

ROONEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Going for the jugular.

€50 on Anderson to score the next goal @28/1.

My under 3.5 is well and truly in trouble now! I'll still be up a whopping €8.33 from my United and the draw bet though worst case scenario....unless Chelsea win. ;D

Oh lol as if Torres was the one who put my bet to bed. Been wanting him to score for months and the one time I don't want him to he does. And the Dubs put my all ireland bet (kk 13/8 and kerry 10/3) since March out the window as well. All in all a bad few minutes at the office :pac:

€8.33 in the green though thanks to United... not worth it for the stress I've had to endure with the gaelic!

edit: just watched the goal, some finish.
    he-aint-even-mad.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Yardie wrote: »
    Two I fancy for my prematch bet- Chelsea to win alternative card index -0 @ 8/11 is very appealing. Over 9 corners @ 8/15 looks a good one too.

Undecided about in-running bet. Considering it is a free bet I am tempted to go for a long shot like Chelsea to miss a penalty at 28/1 or just go safer and do something like Man U to score in both halves @ 7/4
    Tell me you did it with Manchester United :).

• Advertisement

Have united to win and the free bet rooney to score two goals or more, that peno sickend me.

Should be in the money tho and with free bet back cant compain (but will anyway :) )

Advertisement