Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I'm so rubbish at applying it, it always looks so messy and uneven..major cuticle issues and paint gets on them. How do ye do it??
    Also the OH hates it, makes him want to puke, really hates red, which sucked when I go through my rockabilly phases :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm so rubbish at applying it, it always looks so messy and uneven..major cuticle issues and paint gets on them. How do ye do it??
    Also the OH hates it, makes him want to puke, really hates red, which sucked when I go through my rockabilly phases :(

I'm the same.

Useless at applying it. I find though if I put it on a bit messy I can clean up the edges with a q tip afterwards.

Just bought some new brushes etc from E.L.F Studio range. I've been holding out on buying from there for awhile because I'm waiting for some items to come back into stock but they've 25% of studio range today so decided to splurg a bit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I use the Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Radiance Hand & Cuticle Polish once a week, ever night, before bed, I use a scrub on my hands (something very cheap is all you need as you are only removing the dead/rough skin from your hands to leave them soft) and every day (without fail) I use the Sally Hansen Maximum Growth.

There are other products I've used in the past and I found them to be very good.

Most Sally Hansen products I've seen in my local Boots are priced around €13+ euros, so I buy online as it's cheaper and you can get more.

Nailgrowth Miracle™ Salon Strengthening Treatment - One of my favourite products, it REALLY works. Think this is close to €20 though, I could be wrong.

I know of a few sellers on eBay who sell nail care for next to nothing, if you want their names, PM me.

Maximum Growth Cuticle Pen - I put this on my cuticles and gently massage is in (circular motion).

There is also a Sally Hansen Cuticle Trimmer, though I have never used this so don't know what it is like.

Also, I tend not to put the nail polish on the skin, I go near to the edge of the nail but no further as the nail polish (if coloured) can stain the skin and its a pain in the neck to get off.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Good luck with it all, Twee! Have a ball :)

Ye are all making me really jealous with yer nail varnishes. We are not allowed wear it at work and it would be kinda pointless putting it on for my one day off a week. Boo! They all look so pretty!
    Put it on your toes! At least when you get home from work you can look at your prettyful feet :D

I'm dying of jealousy Twee! Take photos of everything so we can all live vicariously through you!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Soak your hands in warm water and then push your cuticles back! Doing that always makes me feel a bit sick for some reason but it has to be done! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Am I the only one that finds painting my nails really easy? :confused: A few quick strokes of the brush and it's done! I *love* nail varnish, I have nice nails that have a natural long shape to them, such a shame I can't wear it when I'm working. I do put it on for a night out or something but in regular life I can't be bothered because I'll just have to take it off the next morning anyway!

I find applying nail polish really easy too, but I have tiny stubby nails so it's super quick for me :p

Novella wrote: »
    Soak your hands in warm water and then push your cuticles back! Doing that always makes me feel a bit sick for some reason but it has to be done! :pac:

Yeah , I do get a strange queasiness come over me pushing them back!

Thanks for the tips..altho it's rare I get to wear it, because I get covered in clay and paint and mess in work, it chips soon after! But I do have a few days off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Acoshla wrote: »
    Am I the only one that finds painting my nails really easy? :confused: A few quick strokes of the brush and it's done! I *love* nail varnish, I have nice nails that have a natural long shape to them, such a shame I can't wear it when I'm working

Yeah, I have nice long nails too. Well, not long. I always keep them cut short. But they are a long shape if that makes sense? :/ I have very small hands but long enough fingers..weird! Find it very easy to apply nail varnish. Don't know why people find it so difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I hate all my clothes...I need a job to go buy new ones. All my stuff is cheap crap out of H&M that kinda sorta fits me but not really. Anyone any fantastic shops for someone 5'1 and size 6?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I hate all my clothes...I need a job to go buy new ones. All my stuff is cheap crap out of H&M that kinda sorta fits me but not really. Anyone any fantastic shops for someone 5'1 and size 6?

My friend would be kinda similar to you, I know she likes Bershka anyway! I dunno do Zara a size 6 but that could be another option? Oh and Pull and Bear!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I actually have never been into Pull and Bear or really Bershka, I'll try those next time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I actually have never been into Pull and Bear or really Bershka, I'll try those next time :D

The more European shops, Spanish ones in particular, seem to suit people with a small build I've found. Much better than the Irish or English ones!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Bershka goes all the way down to a size 4, as far as I know. Good for the truly petite!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Bershka is amazing! And so cheap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Bershka is the only place that I can find skinny jeans skinny enough to fit my legs. And it's so cheap too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Oh my god :eek: When I looked at it first I thought it was a larger lady trying to hide under a mass of fabric, and was thinking she could get something a bit more flattering than that...but Alexandra is what, a size 8? She looks terrible...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

This dress makes her look a lot bigger than she is! It really hides her lovely petite frame...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭happyfeet22

Hi,
    I’m selling some clothes on e bay would it ok if I put a link up in this thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Hi,
    I’m selling some clothes on e bay would it ok if I put a link up in this thread?

No, we don't allow advertising in this forum. You can put a discreet link in your sig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭happyfeet22

No, we don't allow advertising in this forum. You can put a discreet link in your sig.

Ok, I put the link in so hopefully it can be seen now.

lol, Alexandra Burke's dress reminds me of my granny's old curtains

WTF was she thinking?

she's been playing dress up in someone's attic methinks..surely she has access
    to a mirror???

Going to a gig in Camden tonight..band called Tribes, gonna be fun.

Been getting *cosmetically* down these days..since I was a kid I have had weird overlapping toes and that's ruled out peeptoes unless I wear tights, and i get away with flip flops because I walk fast, but it is a bit of a joke with my friends cos I have freakishly long toes anyway. I would LOVE a nice pair of wedges but they are all open toe; the nice ones anyway! I know it sounds so stupid but I would love, love love them so much!

38848964a56e3991524aa247.jpg

My mam suggested I see a doc for the 'craic' as she said (mums, eh!:rolleyes:)
    because a neighbour of a friend of her cousin's sister in law or someone to that effect) was given surgery 'to prevent future problems!

Not looking for med advice or anything or the sort here (just in case mods think I am!) but has anyone ever heard of that? It sounds crazy and unbelievable!

MMM back to look at lovely shoes I can never wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I had surgery on my second toes because they were growing at a right angle from the top joint....sounds like what you have except mine didn't overlap! It was a little bit painful so I got them corrected; they're not perfectly straight now (far from it!) but it's a vast improvement and I feel happy enough to wear open toed shoes :)

Afaik, unless you're in pain it may be considered cosmetic surgery. If you'd like more details you can PM me and I'll tell you what I went through :) bear in mind it was a few years ago though, so I may be fuzzy on the details!

jokettle wrote: »
    I had surgery on my second toes because they were growing at a right angle from the top joint....sounds like what you have except mine didn't overlap! It was a little bit painful so I got them corrected; they're not perfectly straight now (far from it!) but it's a vast improvement and I feel happy enough to wear open toed shoes :)

Afaik, unless you're in pain it may be considered cosmetic surgery. If you'd like more details you can PM me and I'll tell you what I went through :) bear in mind it was a few years ago though, so I may be fuzzy on the details!
    Could you maybe PM me too?

I have over lapping toes (on both feet) which only overlap when I'm in heels (open and closed toe) but are fine in flats.

It runs in my family though so maybe it is genetic?

Yeah could you PM me Jokettle..rather I'll PM you my situation....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I have a couple of bunions courtesy of my stubbornness to wear a pair of Topshop plimsolls, I hate my feet.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't mind but I usually always wear 'good' shoes and have only donned heels on three occasions the past year.. I d think mine is genetic, but it's getting worse plus more sensitive..I'm totally jealous of perfect toesys!

Advertisement