Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours, one and only Queen thread

Options
1848586878890»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

flash1080 wrote: »
    I know, but some people are quick to forget that the violence was and is from both sides

We don't forget, we just don't have double-standards about it.

We were asked to release murderers from prison and move on. We did.

If "republicans" did likewise we'd all get the benefit from it.
    Limerick3 wrote:
    The 6 counties under foreign rule isnt the past. Standard west brit mistake.

Fact fail combined with standard lazy "republican" fallback slur.

What's the story - if we disagree with your disputing of the democratic vote of the country then we automatically get called "west brits" ?

Pathetic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

All the while an hours drive up the road and the 6 counties are still illegally occupied.

Or are you forgetting about them up there because its too much hassle too think about them?

Thats where a lot of people are disagreeing with you, if the people of the island have voted, then is it illegal?

I would love to see a united Ireland, but I think that we've got more chance of that with a good relationship with Britain. The way forward is to work together on things, eventually hopefully it will make sense, economically as well as politically, culturally etc to have the island as one country.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,724 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Do people think there's hypocrisy to doing stuff like this?

Politics can be separate from culture.

Everyone who hated Bush didn't forego hamburgers did they? It's a stupid point to make and has been made tonnes of times in this thread in a smug manner. Our nations are closely intertwined culturally, disliking the political status quo doesn't mean these people are eschewing everything made in Britain.

I am sorry, But thats all total crap.

The so called 'protestors' shown on the news yesterday are the type of edgits who would without any second thought punch an english tourist in the face just for being born in england, yet they will stand over the same person with a liverpool jersey on their back with Stevie G written on it.

Your thorough rubbish statement about these idiots 'disliking the status quo' is entirely mute. And whats more is you know it.

So stop defending this tribe of layabout dole seekers. There is no hypocrisy in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Limerick3 wrote: »
    The 6 counties under foreign rule isnt the past. Standard west brit mistake.

The 6 counties is ruled by a government elected by a majority of its population, and the majority do not consider it foreign

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

MarchDub wrote: »
    The saddest sight of this visit is the image of the Queen's car driving through empty Dublin streets. Looked like a scene from The Omega Man. As Diarmaid Ferriter said on RTE it's going to be a challenge for future historians to try and figure out what was actually going on with this visit from the public's point of view.
    Agreed. Though the problem is twofold:

1. Most people have to work or go to school.
    2. Most people were given the impression by the media that the entire city centre was to be closed for four days. Not just restricted, fully closed, locked down. So most people will stay away because they think there's no opportunity to come out and see the Queen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Can we have a fresh thread for each day? :p

I'll put this to the republican membership of boards.ie

Are you comfortable with a rabble of football soccer jersey/hoodie wearing, coke and smack heads, many of whom are "known to the Gardai" respresenting your idelogy in the media so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    We don't forget, we just don't have double-standards about it.

And again with the "we"..those wacky republicans don't speak for us but apparently you do, unless of course this "we" is "everyone who agrees with me" again. Or maybe the royal we is catching on :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hello.
    We're going to leave this thread here as its getting bogged down into the usual stuff.
    Please bear with me for a new thread starting soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement