Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours, one and only Queen thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

No, but I take it, "Well curse on you England, you cruel hearted monster, you're deeds they would shame, all the devils in hell", wouldn't go down to well now in fairness haha!!!

I dunno.

The queen she came to call on us
    she wanted to see all of us
    Im glad she didnt fall on us
    shes 18 stone

Mr Me lord mayor sez she
    is the all you got to show to me
    why no maam theres some more to see
    Pog mo thoin.

balance it out with a recitation of sez she and everyones happy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

Because nobody is able to get near her because of the fear of what scumbags like the ones posted here would do.

The UDA scumbags were invited to attend today, did they not turn up? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Bet he drinks Carling Black Label to..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

And what are the numbers on supporters? Here's the warm welcome she got from the enthusiastic crowd awaiting her at Trinity...

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/52799000/jpg/_52799447_jex_1048243_de27-1.jpg

Thought they were giving her the finger for a second there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

The have a clock counting down the visit of the Queen, according to it as i speak we have another 19hours till she comes

http://www.eirigi.org/

not only are they scumbags they are stupid scumbags no wonder they don't have a job between them.

I bet they have better grammar.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

:rolleyes:

The very fact we needed this kind of lockdown of the city and hugely expensive security operation makes it very clear that she is not welcome here. Compare pictures of this visit to pictures from any of her other trips, from Turkey to the USA...no crowds waving Union Jacks, offering flowers, taking pictures. Nope, instead riot police, barriers, closed roads. Why is that? Don't the people in these countries have work to be doing too, paying for their mortgage / food / kids?

That's a nice little narrative you've got there. The security has absolutely nothing at all to do with the countless bomb scares that have taken place over the past number of days - nothing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,004 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

So it's better to just create a false image of a welcoming nation through all the barriers and closed streets for the media than show the world the real Ireland? No wonder people have fúcked up views of the world.

It would be a false image whatever they did. If they ignored all security measures, the world's view of the trouble would make them think that the entire Irish population was made up of knuckle-dragging morons, who hate the British with a vengeance. The world wouldn't know that the vast majority of the Irish people don't give a toss whether the Queen's here or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,518 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Registered Users Posts: 7,892 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Really?

I am more embarrassed and ashamed of of the arselicking rent-a-crowd mob inside Trinty.

So why exactly are you ashamed of them? They are all outstanding in their academic and cultural fields. That the scource of your ire?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

But that doesn't happen in other countries she visits, so why is that? Maybe it's something a little deeper than "scumbags like the ones posted here"...

I think that says more about our country and the tiny minority of scum than it does about Lizzy. . .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

In fairness to the Queen, an ordinary decent Dub can hardly walk down Talbot Street in the middle of the day for the amount of junkie scumbags who have taken over the streets of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,313 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Seanchai wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Or were allowed to protest? Oh, but don't let that get in the way of portraying this visit as having minimal resistance. Just like the British royal visits in 1911 and 1901, the objectors are sidelined by officialdom because they don't fit in with the agenda.

And it's interesting how people who "wouldn't trust RTÉ" are suddenly believing RTÉ when it suits their politics.

Are you out protesting yourself or watching it on the box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

But that doesn't happen in other countries she visits, so why is that? Maybe it's something a little deeper than "scumbags like the ones posted here"...

Ireland isn't like other countries she has visited though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Think the clocks broken, it first read 00:00:00 for me but then went back to 19:11:03. Still though, even a quick read of 1-2 articles on the site will make most people realise that Eirigi and their supporters are generally a bunch of deluded idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Nice British Celtic jersey there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

DWCommuter wrote: »
    The very fact that we needed this lock down was because a small group didn't want her here and had the potential to cause chaos.

and that small group have no morals or scruples and would be willing to blow the f**k out of Irish people if it meant inconveniencing the queen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,892 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

:rolleyes: Or were allowed to protest? Oh, but don't let that get in the way of portraying this visit as having minimal resistance. Just like the British royal visits in 1911 and 1901, the objectors are sidelined by officialdom because they don't fit in with the agenda.

And it's interesting how people who "wouldn't trust RTÉ" are suddenly believing RTÉ when it suits their politics.

I think you need to look again into those past visits. There were thousands lining the streets

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Of course its deeper. You see some people presume because most people do not hate or have any Ill feelings towards the British Monarch's, that they are not "true" Irish (whatever that means)!

The responsible, progressive thing is to welcome the Queen. It is in no way helpful or positive to deny the Queen a visit to Ireland because we are holding a grudge for things that happened nearly a century ago.

I am not sure what exactly people want from the Queen. If its just an apology, I dont see why this should be the only reason why we should prevent her from enjoying our country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery/2011/may/17/queen-visits-ireland-in-pictures#/?picture=374700762&index=2

Some pictures.

Never knew the Scottish were so against her visiting Ireland...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

And now there showing them burning a Union Jack (successfully this time). They're making a real show of the country. They're a disgrace.

Give it a rest. I find the "let's forget the past despite part of Ireland remaining under British occupation" brigade to be infinitely more embarrassing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

After the protest off to the pub for a few pints of Bass or some other British muck, then watch some premiership on TV and then home to watch Corrie or Eastenders. :rolleyes:

Do people think there's hypocrisy to doing stuff like this?

Politics can be separate from culture.

Everyone who hated Bush didn't forego hamburgers did they? It's a stupid point to make and has been made tonnes of times in this thread in a smug manner. Our nations are closely intertwined culturally, disliking the political status quo doesn't mean these people are eschewing everything made in Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

The only inferiority complex is those who due to substantial shoulder chips are unable to welcome the head of state of our nearest neighbour and biggest trading partner. She represents the people of Britain, who to be fair are always nice to me anyhow and as such I welcome her visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery/2011/may/17/queen-visits-ireland-in-pictures#/?picture=374700762&index=2

Some pictures.

Never knew the Scottish were so against her visiting Ireland...:rolleyes:

Pure and utter scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

flash1080 wrote: »
    The UDA scumbags were invited to attend today, did they not turn up? :confused:

The 'hero' of Drumcree - David Trimble - was at the Aras but we have to move on as he along with Martin McGuinness and Gerry Adams are part of the solution these days. We all have to put up with things that we find distasteful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

So why exactly are you ashamed of them? They are all outstanding in their academic and cultural fields. That the scource of your ire?

Maybe just that they are in Trinity, horrible cliche college. :pac:

Nothing to do with the Queen.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

what's to be ashamed of? They are doing nothing wrong in that video, that i can see anyway.

I might not have been that bad, but I wouldn't have classed at as a peaceful protest at all. Everyone there seemed to be there with the sole purpose of causing trouble, or throwing glass bottles from the anonymity of a crowd.

If there had been more protestors I don't doubt full scale clashes with the riot Gardaí would've happened, but as it stood when I left, there were easily more Gardai than protestors at the junction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭rounding tattenham Corner

I bet they have better grammar.

they may have but at least i can count:rolleyes: i hope when im walking home they are downwind of me so i don't have to smell the disgusting hippy scum,

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭slapbangwallop

Yes that is it exactly. You got me pegged rightly m'lud!

Its nothing to do with the misplaced cultural appropriation and the sicking forelock tugging of the hand picked uber-West Brits.

Cringeworthy in the extreme, cheering the figurehead of the murderous band of imperialist murderers.

Sure thats over the top but it sickens me to witness this arselicking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭WhiteRussian

Give it a rest. I find the "let's forget the past despite part of Ireland remaining under British occupation" brigade to be infinitely more embarrassing.

It is a separate country, get over it.

I'm looking at the photos of protesters on the Guardian website and they are all men. Absolutely no women. They all need to get laid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belfast_Agreement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement