Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst/Best Radio Ads

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Someone stop that young wan on RTÉ 1 Radio constantly repeating "ESB Electric Ire-Lin-T; Ire-Lin-T has a new energy." She's driving me insane! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

The 11890 ad with the cork girl it really grates me and one that offers to clear your debts with a song in the background playing #your not alone sung by a chorus, my god it's annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 10,451 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

allanb49 wrote: »
    The 11890 ad with the cork girl it really grates me

Yes. As a Corkman I feel I must protest about the terribleness of this ad on each new page of this thread. Why does she have to have such an accent? WHY??? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The 11890 ad with the cork girl it really grates me

dawn_bradfield.gif
    She's a serial offender.. on fkn everything and she's THE most annoying of all the voice over "artists"...

"That wiley lad might be the big fella now"... :mad:
    "oh I like the fkn Kia Sporty-wagon, and the seven year fkn warranty is a must for me".. :mad:
    "If only everything moved as well.. ":mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 omegaman3000

Fleetwood paints anyone? Those ads on the Matt Cooper show for Permanent TSB that were canned after about a month? eg 'money saving tip-don't buy honey just get bees and squeeze accordingly' for f**k's sake

• Advertisement

Will somebody tell that silly bint from Fair City that it's "Fibre Power BroaDband".. you think these voiceover people would at least pronounce the damned words right..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭squonk

allanb49 wrote: »
    The 11890 ad with the cork girl it really grates me and one that offers to clear your debts with a song in the background playing #your not alone sung by a chorus, my god it's annoying

Oh yeah, and worst of all, "Sure didn't that nice O'Leary girl answer me there the other day!". Will you ever just **** right off! As if you'd actually know the operator on the line and even if you did they're probably giving you a made up name to protect their identity anyway. What a load of unmitigated bollox! Do they think people are complete idiots?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭ofcork

That idiot in the UPC ad. The way he talks makes me want to break the radio. Folks are getting it neow, dad watches footie mum is chuffed (stupid UK slang words). I would love to kick his arse from one end of Ireland to the other.
    Thats craig doyle,i suppose his time in the uk is affecting him btw i think its an unfair comparison anyway,upc are providing tv/bb/phone and comparing their prices to two other providers ie sky and eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

Happy CHEWWWWS-DAY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bilko1234

"Eircom Support...?"
    "Hi, Jim, I'm reading about this new 8 meg broadband package...OK what have you taken off..??"
    "Nothing"
    "You've taken off the free calls to mobiles haven't you"
    "No"
    "You've taken off the unlimited calls to landlines"
    "Now, why would we do that"
    "You've taken off nothing and just dropped the price??"
    "Yes"
    "Okay, I haven't got all day to talk to you Jim, just sign me up please"
    "Hur, Hur..Okay"

Aw, bless.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

There is an ad for a postal company (Can't remember the name) that featues a man saying "Yesh thats my parshell" in a bad Dutch accent, but it makes me laugh so I don't really mind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

theres an ad on a few stations about advertising on radio and it sounds like a couple seriously going at it in the bed then the voice over guy goes on about a soldier and few other things then goes on about the power of radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Neil Diamond cannot get here too quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

any add that mentions apps or android apps really annoys me , like nails on a blackboard to me .:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

There is an ad for a postal company (Can't remember the name) that featues a man saying "Yesh thats my parshell" in a bad Dutch accent, but it makes me laugh so I don't really mind it.

Citypost and their idiotic sounding 'Rutger from Rotterdam, jesh'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Not sure if it has been mentioned but the ad for Marathon Sports Travel on Newstalk is embarrassingly crap. A lad with a strong Cavan/Louth accent talking about the "Teeter of Dweams" etc.

Have to turn him off every time. :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    A lad with a strong Cavan/Louth accent talking about the "Teeter of Dweams" etc.

The fact that they have same guy is voicing the ads for United/Liverpool/ and some other team, I find a bit stupid.. It's very apparently the same guy so having him voice the ad for the three different teams is stupid.. And the way he says "mara" really irks me as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Those new Meteor ones about the roaming charges are a bit odd, especially considering the "french" guy ends his by saying "This is merde" - which translates to "this is ****".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

How much does a 30 second ad slot cost on radio ?

I'm just wondering if anyone told Neil Diamond.

At the rate his ads are being aired he won't have much change left over after his gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭squonk

Lapin wrote: »
    How much does a 30 second ad slot cost on radio ?

I'm just wondering if anyone told Neil Diamond.

At the rate his ads are being aired he won't have much change left over after his gig.

If they put on a decent support act instead of the Tesco checkout girl, they might sell more tickets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,451 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

There's an ad for a new Fiat, the dude is trying to give his postcode (Dublin 8) and the automatic voice lady keeps on listing English postcodes instead.

It's a v.good ad, makes me smile every time I hear it. Although to be fair, today is the first time I realised what the ad is actually far, so how effective an ad it is is up for debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I've only heard it once so far, but it made me smile. The ad begins with quite a bit of heavy breathing and the pretty unmistakable sound of a couple in the throes of passion. However, the voiceover breaks in to ask if the sound reminds the listener of a long-distance runner, a blacksmith, a 19th-century maid working the mangle in the scullery, painting pretty vivid descriptions of alternative scenes. Then the pay-off is something, 'You hear what? That's disgusting...' Very well-written and very, very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

Very well-written and very, very funny.

Cringeworthy is more like it. What an awful ad. No doubt dreamt up by some muppet just out of radio-ad university or wherever these overpaid knobs are gestated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Ben dune gyms

Jesus that man would bore the arse off ya!

We have a gym in Dublin, one in London and one in Germany.... STFU!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

the tesco ads which i think are voiced by marty whelan and his moustache are getting really annoying with the stupid puns every week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

neris wrote: »
    the tesco ads which i think are voiced by marty whelan and his moustache are getting really annoying with the stupid puns every week

Ah leave it out. Marty is a legend. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

dulpit wrote: »
    There's an ad for a new Fiat, the dude is trying to give his postcode (Dublin 8) and the automatic voice lady keeps on listing English postcodes instead.

It's a v.good ad, makes me smile every time I hear it. Although to be fair, today is the first time I realised what the ad is actually far, so how effective an ad it is is up for debate.

Did you hear the other one where hes at the tesco express checkout?
    I think its brilliant.

Did you hear the other one where hes at the tesco express checkout?
    I think its brilliant.

Thats a great ad :)

There's one out now for Irish Life insurance (I think).

It features a college student reading a letter he wrote to his father.

Sun cream etc............................ Love, Jim.

Pure puke.

• Advertisement

Lapin wrote: »
    There's one out now for Irish Life insurance (I think).
    It features a college student reading a letter he wrote to his father.

That ad is cynically sickening..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement