Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Regarding the comments on the wireless sticks and if they are crap.
    No, they are not.
    In fact, I have two, one for the PS3 and thats currently wired into an Ikea cab Link
    And I have one on SuperStreetFighterIV duty on the 360.

Now, the reason they are not used in competition is the risk of being disqualified if the batteries decide to pack it in.
    There really is about as much chance of the stick failing due to interference as there is of a standard wireless controller suffering the same fate, which never happens.

From what I can gather, once you strip away the dross online, there is feck all difference is response times to button presses as well.
    The controller is at least as good as the wired stick from Hori that uses the same components.
    And at €40 its a bargain, not to mention the fact that you will probably trade Tekken 6 straight back in, making the stick an even better deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

As does Borderlands and Unreal Tournament 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

As does Borderlands and Unreal Tournament 3

I don't think Borderlands retail can be added to steam

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Now, the reason they are not used in competition is the risk of being disqualified if the batteries decide to pack it in.
    There really is about as much chance of the stick failing due to interference as there is of a standard wireless controller suffering the same fate, which never happens.

Batteries failing is just the "Risk for you" element of wireless controllers, I don't think tournament organisers really care about that.

Sticks and buttons breaking or a controller mysteriously not working are other "Risks for you" that are just as likely to happen with a wired controller.

The reason tournaments ban wireless is so that people with wireless controllers don't interfere (accidentally or otherwise) with matches on progress on other machines. That's a "Risk to them".

I've seen it happen at a Blazblue tournament, where players A and B finished their match and left the PS3, and then players C and D sat down to play. Midway through the match they realised that player D's character was being wirelessly controlled from player B's controller (accidentally from his pocket).

That's why the rule is always wired controllers, or wireless-capable controllers with the batteries removed (so it stops broadcasting as soon as it's disconnected).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Cck out zavvi Monday madness some great games at a very reasonable price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Cck out zavvi Monday madness some great games at a very reasonable price

Did it started allready?

P.s Kane and lynch 2 for xbox is 5 quid in zavvi. It's has a really cool unique style, I heard it one of the nicer coop games out there too. For a fiver it's worth it, even if you wount like it you cam burn it or get 3 quid back in gamestop lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

P.s Kane and lynch 2 for xbox is 5 quid in zavvi. It's has a really cool unique style, I heard it one of the nicer coop games out there too. For a fiver it's worth it, even if you wount like it you cam burn it or get 3 quid back in gamestop lol.

€7.45 once you convert to euro , still how bad can it be for that price :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

It's not as bad as poeple make it, for 8 quid I am not that bothered. I bet I can get 5 back in gamestop for that. I got 6.5eu back for lost planet 2.... When I payed 10 eu for it....

Alot of **** about this game came frOm bad reputation of first one.

I ordered, not much to losse there anyway

• Advertisement

P.s look at it as a rental for unlimited time :)

Lol I just sow your link, it was yatzeee. He is awesome! But you going to be listening to him what games to buy, then you will end up playing with yourself ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

From playing the demo of K&L2 my first impressions were along the lines of "dear god this is ****!"
    I was prepared to give it a go despite the turkey that was first game, but it was soon removed from my rental list after the short amount of time I spent with the demo...
    I know you shouldn't dismiss something so quickly, but my first impressions are rarely wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

http://www.zavvi.com/offers/price-crash.list

Some pretty good deals on Zavvi right now.

Lost Plant 2 €9.45
    Front Mission Evolved: €5.95
    Marvel VS Capcom 3: €34.95
    Demon's Souls: €17.95
    Samurai Showdown SEN: €5.95

Don't even touch lost planet 2. I got it off zavvi too.

I loved first one. It was hard but so damn good. This one is completely done for 4 player coop. And if you whana play alone you will get 3 ai fellas who are thicker then green party in Ireland .

Don't even touch lost planet 2. I got it off zavvi too.

I loved first one. It was hard but so damn good. This one is completely done for 4 player coop. And if you whana play alone you will get 3 ai fellas who are thicker then green party in Ireland .

Really political views on a gaming forum ZZZZZZZ FFS come on we come here to ignore the shot that's going on all around us

Sorry, couldn't think off thicker item :))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Sorry, couldn't think off thicker item :))

You're still doing it, btw.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

All the talk of Yahtzee's worst game of 2010 but very little mentioned about his favourite:

Just Cause 2 (Xbox 360) - 9.85 sterling on Zavvi at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

Millions is coming up as 37 pounds delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Price has gone up, bummer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Play have a fair few games going @ €6.49 each + free delivery

http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchstring=f1v3p0und20n1y&searchtype=gameall&searchsource=2&searchfilters=s%7bf1v3p0und20n1y%7d%2bc%7b362%7d%2b

Use refine by on the left to filter by platform.

Lost planet 2 for xbox is €6.45 so cheaper than Zavvi , game still sucks though ;)

For Pc they have likes of Metro 2033 which is excellent and Borderlands and the Broken Sword Trilogy all @ 6.45 likely cheaper in a steam sale or something but I don't play pc games so not sure.

Not strictly a gaming bargain, but it bears repeating!

Logitech MX518 Optical Gaming Mouse - £17.99 at Amazon

You'll have to bump the value of the order up to £25 to avail of free shipping to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Regarding the comments on the wireless sticks and if they are crap.
    No, they are not.
    In fact, I have two, one for the PS3 and thats currently wired into an Ikea cab Link
    And I have one on SuperStreetFighterIV duty on the 360.

From what I can gather, once you strip away the dross online, there is feck all difference is response times to button presses as well.
    The controller is at least as good as the wired stick from Hori that uses the same components.
    And at €40 its a bargain, not to mention the fact that you will probably trade Tekken 6 straight back in, making the stick an even better deal.

Thanks for the info, that's pretty much what I thought...

So back to my original question, do all Gamestops stock these or where did you manage to pick one up? It's the ps3 one I'd be interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

tman wrote: »

You'll have to bump the value of the order up to £25 to avail of free shipping to Ireland

Hrm......Arkham Asylum PC, Call of Pripyat, Deus Ex complete, THIEF collection are good for €6.50. Also a HDMI cable for €6.50 is good compared to the €60 PoS DID was trying to hock me once :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

tman wrote: »

This looks like good value but this mouse is about 6 years old now isn't it, is it still decent? I'm not at all up in the world of gaming mice but I would have thought hardware released in '05 would be almost obsolete by now. What do people think of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

rickyjb wrote: »
    This looks like good value but this mouse is about 6 years old now isn't it, is it still decent? I'm not at all up in the world of gaming mice but I would have thought hardware released in '05 would be almost obsolete by now. What do people think of it?

I still use that mouse, its brilliant. Tempted to get another at that price i have worn a thumb print into my one :)

For me, it was the obvious choice as a cheap replacement for my trusty G5 (would still be using it if my pet rat hadn't chewed through the cord:o)
    There may be better, newer mice out there, but I'd be surprised if any of them are cheaper than this!

Perhaps I need to get with the times, but to be honest I just want an accurate, reliable mouse that doesn't have 50 different buttons that you accidentally press at the worst possible moment.

I think there have been a few different versions of it as well, the 1600 dpi one was released in 2005, but this is the more recent 1800 dpi model. From what I can tell, this one was released in Aug 2008

Thanks for the info, that's pretty much what I thought...

So back to my original question, do all Gamestops stock these or where did you manage to pick one up? It's the ps3 one I'd be interested in.

Tallaght or naas can't remember which I seen it in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭mylastparadigm

Hey all. I'm lookin for bad company 2 ultimate Xbox new to buy online cheap as possible.im finding it really hard to locate it in stock. Amazon has it but are a little expensive. Thehut is sold out. Loads of sites are sold out. Any of u guys know of better sites that have it in stock?

Love the thread. Xxx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement