Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Mine became quite flexy
    Actually now that you say that, one of my set came noticably flexier than the other and I thought I was just unlucky to get a dodgy one (I actually meant to contact the seller at the time but didn't). The other one holds bottles better than any other cage I have tried, really nice actually! Although saying that, the one I call loose hasn't lost me a bottle yet either which I did once or twice on another style from ebay which was less closed in like you mention!

Nice comparison there too by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Nice comparison there too by the way!

Thanks, she is on my mind that now that she is available, just need to start winning amateur Irish road races and she is bound to notice me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Thanks, she is on my mind that now that she is available, just need to start winning amateur Irish road races and she is bound to notice me.
    comparing amateur irish cycling to professional soccer,
    what's that? Dirk, delusional, never!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 ruimar

107705.jpg

This is my first post in the cycling section so be gentle! This is my new bike and very happy I am with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

ruimar wrote: »
    This is my first post in the cycling section so be gentle! This is my new bike and very happy I am with it.

Can I very gently suggest you consider the bicycle equivalent of the "myspace angle":

- Always photograph your bike with drivetrain facing the camera. Photographing the uglier side is known as a "(non) drive side fail".
    - Always select the large chainring and a smallish rear cog, to give a more attractive chain line and rear dérailleur angle.

Still, you couldn't make that bike ugly. :)

edit: mmmm, SRAM Force.

• Advertisement

Hi Lumen

Thanks for the info, I won't make that mistake in the future. The picture was taken in haste the evening it arrived at my home. I couldn't even cycle it for 4 months after it arrived as I was recovering from a broken wrist sustained at the Sean Kelly cycle last year. BTW.... I briefly met blorg in the nurses' office at the Sean Kelly. If memory serves me right your knee was pouring blood!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

107705.jpg

looks like another Spokes special!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Hi Lumen

Thanks for the info, I won't make that mistake in the future. The picture was taken in haste the evening it arrived at my home. I couldn't even cycle it for 4 months after it arrived as I was recovering from a broken wrist sustained at the Sean Kelly cycle last year. BTW.... I briefly met blorg in the nurses' office at the Sean Kelly. If memory serves me right your knee was pouring blood!
    I think it was my ankle, I slipped on the middle gutter at the very finish and went sliding across the road. I wasn't the only one to go down there, at least I didn't do it at the start like some people. It wasn't a great idea to start/finish it down that street in the wet.

Very nice bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

@Ruimar. Stunning. But I would say that in that I picked up a Kebel recently. Had considered the white finish like yours but went fir black.
    I have a white bike and it has taken a fair battering to paintjob on the undersue due to nicks from road debris etc.
    Lovely lovely lovely.
    Have only been out on mine once but seems a joy. What do you make of it. Critique?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 denisstephens

107705.jpg

It looks nice big fan of the cut out for the rear wheel :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

107705.jpg

nice bike, love the white stem gives it some bling appeal

@gman2k - yes Liam built the bike for me, i bought the groupset and frame from spokes and I supplied the wheels and finishing kit. Mine was the first Kuota to come from Spokes. To order my frame Liam had to buy 3 frames and become a Kuota reseller. They seem to be selling very well. Ive seen a good few around.

@ROK ON - Ive only been out twice on the bike but I notice a world of difference from my old bike, a Cube Streamer. The Kebel is a very comfortable ride, it feels very smooth. I am very happy with it, no complaints so far. I have to say it was a very close call between the black frameset and the one I bought. The black frameset is very sexy indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

White's the new black!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

furiousox wrote: »
    His ebay name is bikebicycle99 but I think this might be his website?

http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/index.asp

EDIT: He's got over 700 items for sale on ebay at the moment

http://shop.ebay.com/bikebicycle99/m.html?_trkparms=65%253A3%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1&_ipg=&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_pgn=1

Did you buy a bundle or seperately and combine postage?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭furiousox

mloc123 wrote: »
    Did you buy a bundle or seperately and combine postage?

I bought everything separately as I couldn't find a frame/fork combo I liked, then asked him for an invoice with combined postage.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

furiousox wrote: »
    I bought everything separately as I couldn't find a frame/fork combo I liked, then asked him for an invoice with combined postage.

I can't believe you got all that for 280. What does it weigh?

Sniipe wrote: »
    I can't believe you got all that for 280. What does it weigh?

Lads....apologies. :o
    I've just checked back on my ebay a/c and the actual total was E280 PLUS delivery.
    Sorry...I feel a right plonker now :o
    The frame was E210, fork was E40, seatpost was E10, headset was E20.
    Delivery was E65
    Making a grand total of E345 incl delivery.
    Not quite as cheap as I thought but still a very good result in the end.
    Didn't get a chance to weigh the frame before building it up as my digital scales is on the blink.
    I'll try and weigh the completed bike and see what she comes in at.
    Again, sorry all round about the incorrect total :(

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I was in touch with the seller for some items and he got back to be... with a discounted price including shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Golfanatic

do you have to get that headset or can you go with a different one, will a different one not fit because its integrated

• Advertisement

Golfanatic wrote: »
    do you have to get that headset or can you go with a different one, will a different one not fit because its integrated

Not sure, the forks are full carbon so I know you can't use the star type fixing in the tube or it'll cause damage.
    The item description for the frame said to use an integrated headset so that's what I went for.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Golfanatic

ye you can buy the expanders seperately because im thinking of doin this and was gona put a crane creek one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

bikeoe.jpg

An old raleigh i've painted, was originally blue, with flat handlebars. Happy with my paintjob for first time. I plan to make it a singlespeed and get new alluminium wheels built from the mailard hubs on it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Finally got a chance to get out and grab a few pics of the new bike :D

14n1we1.jpg

24erp7o.jpg

3584g77.jpg

My new ride finally built up and I'm delighted with it! A medium size Gallium Pro running on 11 speed Chorus on Cosmic Carbone SLs with 3T finishing kit and a Fizik Arione saddle

Tips the scales at ~7.6kg and have the option of ksyrium sl's to knock off a few 100 more grams if I ever want to.

Major thanks to Murph100 for doing an astonishing amount of organising to get the frame for me and to Mr Skeffington for turning a box of bits, wheels and a bare frame into something excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

Looking Ace Che ! ... I forsee comments like ' Last Gallium Pro up the Conor Pass buys the beers ' :D

Well wear !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Lovely bike Che, photo isn't as good as Murph's though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Che.
    Savage.
    Love the pedals.
    Pure sex.

@ Dirk - Cheer's lad, tried my damndest to arrange a heavy fall of snow and educate myself as a pro photographer so that the playing field would've been level but alas the blizzard never arrived and his photo-fu is much stronger than mine :p

@ ROK ON - Thanks man, one of the lads in the club was asking was building the bike a 'religious experience' while another figured it'd be 'like the birth of ones first son'! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

Feckin' excuses !! :rolleyes:
    CheGuedara wrote: »
    @ Dirk - Cheer's lad, tried my damndest to arrange a heavy fall of snow and educate myself as a pro photographer so that the playing field would've been level but alas the blizzard never arrived and his photo-fu is much stronger than mine

• Advertisement

Murph100 wrote: »
    Feckin' excuses !! :rolleyes:

Wiggle said the blizzard would be 3 to 5 days but here I am weeks later and not a snow flake in sight!

Advertisement