Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuf 10 thread - Use spoiler tags untill fights are shown here, plus read post 112

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,168 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

chordtype wrote: »
    Kimbo needs to keep the next fight standing up and hope to get lucky with an exchange. Isn't Nelson like a BJJ blackbelt? Plus his size (weight) is got to be and advantage on the ground. Kimbo ain't exactly known for his wrestling skills.

His size would be a disadvantage for ground game imo.
    Kimbo looked very good on the mat in training. Roy's excess fat will only hinder him in kimbo takes him down, which is a line I expct him to take
    Tones69 wrote: »
    Poor cardio levels alright and James McSweeney should DEFFO look at fighting at 205, he would be thrown around like a rag doll in the UFC HW division.

They were both terrible and should of both been eliminated with the extra spot to be filled my a wildcard spot at Dana's choice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭t-ha

Mellor wrote: »
    His size would be a disadvantage for ground game imo.
    Kimbo looked very good on the mat in training. Roy's excess fat will only hinder him in kimbo takes him down, which is a line I expct him to take
    ?

Maybe my sarcasm detector is malfunctioning?

If you're posting spoilers about what you've "heard" then make it damned clear, next person to do that gets banned quicker than a KO from a Todd Duffee jab.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The 2nd fight was shocking, from reading the spoilers on here I wasnt expecting a classic but at one stage during the second round Shivers rested on the top of the ring!

Looking forward to the Kimbo fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Well the thread has spoiler in the title so i can Gather that there may be some SPOILERS in the thread somewhere.

why read a spoiler thread if you dont wanna know whats happening:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

TechnoPool wrote: »
    Well the thread has spoiler in the title so i can Gather that there may be some SPOILERS in the thread somewhere.

why read a spoiler thread if you dont wanna know whats happening:rolleyes:

Well as far as me and I'd guess the vast majority of posters are concerned, the spoiler in the title pretty much relates to seeing when it's on in the US and talking about it before it's aired here.

I still haven't looked at the spoilers in the tags.

Seriously, do you honestly think anyone wants to ruin the whole series for themselves by looking in here? Tbh this could be the last time I check this thread for a while because it seems some people are either thick, ignorant, or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

when is episode 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

evil_seed wrote: »
    when is episode 3?
    Airing in the US tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Seriously, do you honestly think anyone wants to ruin the whole series for themselves by looking in here? Tbh this could be the last time I check this thread for a while because it seems some people are either thick, ignorant, or both.

:rolleyes:

Seriously, if you really don't wanna ruin the whole series for yourself, don't look at an MMA discussion board.
    If you really must look at the MMA discussion board, don't click the thread that says "TUF Spoilers".

If it's that important to you not to ruin it, then take responsibility for that yourself. As you say, maybe this should be the last time you check the thread for a while.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Seriously why even look at a thread that is called SPOILERS if you dont want to ruin it for yourself?

I can see where you get the thick and ignorant views from. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Cause SPOILERS usually refer to people discussing things after theyve aired incase people havn't had a chance to watch them yet, not giving away results before anyone has seen them.Its the same with movies.Why is that so hard to understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I heard a different outcome to the Kimbo/Nelson fight than TechnoPool did, so don't fret just yet :pac:

As for Nelson being hindered on the ground... He's been Frank Mir's BJJ coach for ages. He's one of the very top heavyweights on the ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Fozzy wrote: »
    I heard a different outcome to the Kimbo/Nelson fight than TechnoPool did, so don't fret just yet :pac:

As for Nelson being hindered on the ground... He's been Frank Mir's BJJ coach for ages. He's one of the very top heavyweights on the ground

Ehhh i doubt that somehow, Robert Drysdale is Franks BJJ guy..and im sure the likes of Fedor,werdum, gonzaga, mir would own roy on the ground. No disrespect to Roy now,hes very good for a man of his stature, i likes him :D

Tones69 wrote: »
    Ehhh i doubt that somehow, Robert Drysdale is Franks BJJ guy..and im sure the likes of Fedor,werdum, gonzaga, mir would own roy on the ground. No disrespect to Roy now,hes very good for a man of his stature, i likes him :D
    O Rlly??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dj5xMeXybs&feature=player_embedded#t=15

(at the time Mir was winning fights and on his way to becoming UFC champ.)

Interestingly Nelson also beat Brandon Vera and Diego Sanchez on the same day to win that tournament.

t-ha wrote: »
    O Rlly??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dj5xMeXybs&feature=player_embedded#t=15

(at the time Mir was winning fights and on his way to becoming UFC champ.)

Interestingly Nelson also beat Brandon Vera and Diego Sanchez on the same day to win that tournament.
    In all fairness that was 6 years ago and looking at the 2 of them today I doubt roy would stand a chance

What tournament was this?
    As far as I was aware Sanchez only has two losses, neither to Nelson. Besides, they are lightweight and heavyweight respectively. Don't remember seeing Vera on Nelson's record either????

Am I missing something? (can't watch the tube link)

Mellor wrote: »
    What tournament was this?
    As far as I was aware Sanchez only has two losses, neither to Nelson. Besides, they are lightweight and heavyweight respectively. Don't remember seeing Vera on Nelson's record either????

Am I missing something? (can't watch the tube link)
    Grapplers Quest tournament.
    Submission wrestling so wouldnt be on their MMA records

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Cause SPOILERS usually refer to people discussing things after theyve aired incase people havn't had a chance to watch them yet, not giving away results before anyone has seen them.Its the same with movies.Why is that so hard to understand?

Because some people are thick as donkey shit, thats why.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

I totally agree the Spoiler thread for TUF season 9 was in this manner where people didnt write about stuff until at least the show had been aired in america. At the end of the it is a discussion about the series as it happens and not a thread where people can say "I heard that so and so wins"

In all fairness that was 6 years ago and looking at the 2 of them today I doubt roy would stand a chance
    Maybe not, but I just seemed to be getting the impression that people on this thread don't understand that Roy has a serious ground-game, belly or not. Going to ground is the last thing Kimbo wants to do here. In fact, if he's able to last at all on the ground against Roy it will mark serious improvement over the guy who had no clue how to get out from under James Thompson.

• Advertisement

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Was what I posted a few posts back not clear?! Evidently not.

So here we go again:

POST SPOILERS TO YOUR HEARTS CONTENT BUT BE CLEAR WHAT YOU ARE SPOILING. For those who are still too thick to comprehend this I'll write it in nice colourful text: i.e - if you are spoiling episode 3 then write "episode 3 spoiler" whereas if you are spoiling the whole series then write "Series spoiler" or something to that effect.

Remember some people might read episode 3 spoilers if they aren't going to be able to watch it whereas they may not want to spoil the whole series. Hence why I said to make it damned clear what you are spoiling.

No more debate on this issue after this post (unless of course my fellow mods want to discuss it by PM :)) because I feel this is pretty clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Some serious tuf newbage on this thread. Roy Nelson is a beast. He may look horribly out of shape, but he has displayed excellent cardio in any of the fights ive seen him in. The guy is a legit top 20, possibly top 10 guy, who would probably kick the **** out of mir if they ever fought.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Moving on from the recent argument I for one am looking forward to the next episode. The coaches for me are way more entertaining than Bisping and Hendo were in the last season. I am just worried that we might continue to see fighters gassing like in the last episode and the whole thing becoming very amateur.

Grapplers Quest tournament.
    Submission wrestling so wouldnt be on their MMA records
    Thanks, I figured it was something like that. Where can you view this stuff online?
    The coaches for me are way more entertaining than Bisping and Hendo were in the last season.
    True, but the fact that they aren'y fighting at christmas means its all for nothing. All this "ima 'nock yew out" nonsense is for nothing, at least Hendo went on to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Just watched it there, pretty much the outcome I expected.

Was impressed with big country, I've only seen him fight once before. He did exactly what he said, stand and if he tastes power then take it down, then the crucifix position....no one would get outta that with a belly like that in your face :)
    Didn't like the way Dana was talking crap about his win, so what if the punches didn't knock him out, he used the rules in his favour and won, smart fighter.
    Was impressed with Kimbo aswell, the series is showing him to be a good guy, not what I expected after watching his previous exploits.
    Really hope we get to see him fight again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Episode 3

Kimbo's ground game was exposed for what it was, Nelson could have easily mounted in the 2nd round. Could have been an argument made for it being stopped in the 1st round , especially with Herb Dean in the ring. Punches didnt hurt Kimbo in the slightest. Nelson was almost smothering him at one point :D

Fair play to Nelson , he did what he said he was going to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Nelson already said he didnt needto hit Kimbo with any power, he just needed to show that he couldnt defend himself.

Going to ground is the last thing Kimbo wants to do here. In fact, if he's able to last at all on the ground against Roy it will mark serious improvement over the guy who had no clue how to get out from under James Thompson.
    And... ...there is no improvement. I didn't expect him to be able to get out from under Nelson, but he could've at least tried to move his hips so the ref wouldn't call it. Even his stand-up was straight-on all the time, not an angle in sight. The UFC hype machine got ye again! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Nelson already said he didnt needto hit Kimbo with any power, he just needed to show that he couldnt defend himself.

Ya your dead right thats what nelson had been going on about but he looked far from impressive!! im raging kimbo was defeated.. but judging by the clips for next weeks episode we may see him return to the ring in this series..

oh and rampage is so funny..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Ya your dead right thats what nelson had been going on about but he looked far from impressive!! im raging kimbo was defeated.. but judging by the clips for next weeks episode we may see him return to the ring in this series..

oh and rampage is so funny..

Advertisement