Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MPEG4 tests - Not a Public Service

Options

Comments

I just noticed that the encrypted flag is set again on the DTT channels from Three Rock. :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Karsini wrote: »
    I just noticed that the encrypted flag is set again on the DTT channels from Three Rock. :confused:

A bit strange. It does make it easier for people using CAMS and software decoders though.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭jackbauer

Yesterday i managed to get the 4 tv and radio stations at 95% strength and quality in greystones on my tm6900. Have been on and off today though.

Hmm, didn't seem to last long. I scanned again just now and they're showing up in the clear again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭dgently

Has anyone successfully used an MPEG4 cam in a DVDR/HDD recorder CI Slot - eg Pioneer DVR-560HX?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Has anyone used a CAM in a LG 37" 37LG5000 that worked? or didn't work? thanks I want to be able to pick up irish DTV :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭ffocused

I got a Sagem ITD81 HD from pixmania for €140

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/1713718/art/sagem/itd81-hd-freeview-receive.html

I can confirm that it works but does not have MHEG5 so only has now/next epg, and will not work for digital text.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

Signal going down to very low tonight in Skerries. Anyone else experiencing similar interference in North Dublin or is just me? Signal had been high for last 2 days on my Sony 32v4500.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Teletext available via the DTT trial box (Humax HDCI-2000T) on all 4 channels from CC. Same style of text as already on analogue channels.

Mayo Exile wrote: »
    Teletext available via the DTT trial box (Humax HDCI-2000T) on all 4 channels from CC. Same style of text as already on analogue channels.
    Yeah I noticed that a while back from mt leinster.

Meanwhile I'm getting interference during this high pressure from preseli on mt leinster :eek: basically losing Mt Leinster altogether as preseli gets very strong...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Dara1979

I am located in Dublin and used to get the old MPEG2 DBV transmission.

My television (model in title) does receive the new broadcasts but can't understand them (ie, the tv can't read MPEG4). I read up on the CAM's you can get for the tv and decided to buy a Viaccess NP4 from Goldwafers. With my order I asked

"I have a Sony Bravia KDL-32L4000 with MPEG-2 encoder and CAM slot. Is it possible to know if this product will allow me decode the MPEG4 transmissions on the tv."

The reply I got was

"This CAM is for use with a smartcard that use Viaccess encryption. It will only convert Viaccess encrypted broadcasts from MPEG4 to MPEG2

I'll cancel this order for you as it's not suitable for your requirements.

You'll need to contact the broadcaster in ROI for help on how to receive their MPEG4 package."

Can anyone please tell me if the Viaccess card would work on my tv to pick up the RTÉ signals or if I could get another card please?

Dara1979 wrote: »
    I am located in Dublin and used to get the old MPEG2 DBV transmission.

My television (model in title) does receive the new broadcasts but can't understand them (ie, the tv can't read MPEG4). I read up on the CAM's you can get for the tv and decided to buy a Viaccess NP4 from Goldwafers. With my order I asked

"I have a Sony Bravia KDL-32L4000 with MPEG-2 encoder and CAM slot. Is it possible to know if this product will allow me decode the MPEG4 transmissions on the tv."

The reply I got was

"This CAM is for use with a smartcard that use Viaccess encryption. It will only convert Viaccess encrypted broadcasts from MPEG4 to MPEG2

I'll cancel this order for you as it's not suitable for your requirements.

You'll need to contact the broadcaster in ROI for help on how to receive their MPEG4 package."

Can anyone please tell me if the Viaccess card would work on my tv to pick up the RTÉ signals or if I could get another card please?

It'll work fine- I've got one working in a Sony here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bluebris

smccarrick wrote: »
    It'll work fine- I've got one working in a Sony here.

I also have a 32L4000 Sony with only an MPEG2 decoder. Are you saying if I get the Viaccess NP4 I will be able to view the MPEG4 transmission?

Thanks

bluebris wrote: »
    I also have a 32L4000 Sony with only an MPEG2 decoder. Are you saying if I get the Viaccess NP4 I will be able to view the MPEG4 transmission?

Thanks

In short, yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

It does both. Viaccess is an encryption system for pay tv. You stick a card in it - if you had a pay operator which we dont at the moment.

Otherwise it will just transcode MPEG4 to MPeg2, which is what you want. Picture will be enabled.

There is a list on this site of what Tv's are compatible with the Neotion NP4 Cam anyhow, if you do a search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 myself_108

STB wrote: »
    There is a list on this site of what Tv's are compatible with the Neotion NP4 Cam anyhow, if you do a search.
    Not only NP4 Cams is it? Which other makes of CI works?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I have the Neotion pocket duo. The ethernet recording works on some TVs/Set boxes, but ethernet playback only works if there is a working channel.

It has a card reader buy no CAM firmware loaded, so just does the MPEG4 to MPEG2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Greystones is transmitting Mux1 on CH52 since sometime yesterday(13/1). Carrier present on CH56, 66 and 68 also, but no other Mux's found. No EPG info at present. Some interference with analogue TG4 on CH63, though.

fat-tony wrote: »
    Carrier present on CH56, 66 and 68 also, but no other Mux's found. No EPG info at present. Some interference with analogue TG4 on CH63, though.
    I'd guess that the carrier on 68 is the one interfering with TG4 as it violates the 1,5,9 rule.

Karsini wrote: »
    I'd guess that the carrier on 68 is the one interfering with TG4 as it violates the 1,5,9 rule.
    I'll keep an eye on it and see if the problem goes away if they drop the carrier signal. It's peculiar, though, as it looks more like impulse noise (random thin streaks or spots on the picture) than adjacent channel interference which usually has a pattern or moiré.
    The EPG info is now being transmitted, though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Finne1993

Hi everyone, I've spent the last few months reading these threads with great interest about the whole DTV situation in Ireland so I've at last joined up and decided to get involved! I'm in Louth and I've got 2 Panasonic TH-42PX80B TV's and I've got a TH-50PX70BA also, both of which have only MPEG2 capabilities, I'm getting a perfect signal from 3 Rock on all of these TV's, I have a C/D green tipped aerial and a wideband Amplifier, (I need this because the aerial is diplexed with another for the BBC and ITV stations and that signal unfortunately comes from Kilkeel which does'nt carry the Freeview channels!) After a bit of reading up on the subject i bought a Neotion MPEG4 Viaccess cam from cdtronix and much to my disappointment it wont work in any of my TV's.:( Is there any other setting I should enter or should the cam work a few seconds after i insert it? I left in for 15mins and still no joy. I also tried a re-scan but that did no good also. Its very frustrating because the 7 day epg works fine on it for all 8 services and the text is perfect and sound is crystal clear. If anyone out there can help I'd be extremely grateful, thanks.

Greystones relay not broadcasting on CH68 DTT tonight - no interference on TG4 analogue.
    Note EPG not being transmitted either. Comes and goes - somedays it's present other days it's not.

You would have been better buying a setbox. Or waiting till service launched.

watty wrote: »
    You would have been better buying a setbox. Or waiting till service launched.

I know that but I do a few installs of aerials and satellites in my area and i like experimenting! A few of my mates were asking me about it as they have the same problem as me, I have noted on another thread the list of TV's that work with the Neotion cam but i was just interested in seeing my own actually work, there must be some way of getting the particular tv's i have working with the DTT rather than buying 3 separate stb's so if anyone else out there has any suggestions let me know, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Neither of those panasonics are on the list. Infact no panasonic model is on the list I would imagine that may be due panasonic not being involved in the development of the Np4 cam with Neotion. If its not on the list, dont buy it http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57363370&postcount=1

Either that or its just another one of those LCDs that doesnt conform to DVB-CI, a standard set in 1997.

Read up on DVB-CI and you'll get the jist of how modules interact and make use of CI's for transcoding mpeg4 signals to mpeg2 to allow legacy idtv's display both picture and sound.

Its either the right lid or its not, if you know what I mean.

At the moment.... you're in set top box land as regards Irish DTT.

STB wrote: »
    Neither of those panasonics are on the list. Infact no panasonic model is on the list I would imagine that may be due panasonic not being involved in the development of the Np4 cam with Neotion. If its not on the list, dont buy it http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57363370&postcount=1

Either that or its just another one of those LCDs that doesnt conform to DVB-CI, a standard set in 1997.

Read up on DVB-CI and you'll get the jist of how modules interact and make use of CI's for transcoding mpeg4 signals to mpeg2 to allow legacy idtv's display both picture and sound.

Its either the right lid or its not, if you know what I mean.

At the moment.... you're in set top box land as regards Irish DTT.

Cheers STB, thanks for the detailed answer, i must read up about it later, I'm still gonna hang onto the hope that some type of cam will eventually work in the TV's, I only bought them last March and like many others wrongly assumed I was sorted for the the changeover, ah well you live and learn! Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Receiving DTT on Ch52 on a Panasonic TX-37LZD81 with an indoor Maxview Truvision cheapo ariel (ariel bought 5 years ago). The TV has automatically tuned them in...fantastic TV. Signal strenght is about 40% and quality is lower but picture and sound are absolutely perfect.

I'm getting: RTE1, RTE2, TV3, TG4, Radio1, 2FM, LYRIC, RnaG.

EPG is working fine...it's giving me a programme list up until midnight on the day. TG4 programme names have some funny characters - don't know if that is due to lower signal or not.

There is about 2 seconds of a delay in receiving the picture/sound compared to the UPC cable coming in.

Now where do I get a satellite dish from for my LZD81?! (off topic - don't respond!)

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

astrofluff wrote: »
    EPG is working fine...it's giving me a programme list up until midnight on the day. TG4 programme names have some funny characters - don't know if that is due to lower signal or not.
    I'm guessing the TV is using a character set that can't handle accented characters/fadas. A poor signal shouldn't corrupt the EPG data.

Seen that on Teletext too. It's usually character set.
    Sometimes changing the Country fixes it.
    Some TVs (even quite old) do TG4 Teletext correctly and some new ones don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 amd64

I have 42LG3000 and was given a Viaccess NP4 cam,the LG tv only had
    mpeg 2 but with cam I'm now getting picture and sound on TV3 and TG4 but only sound on the 2 rte channels from Mt.Leinster.Anyone any ideas
    whats causing this

Advertisement