Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everest, WSOP, etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Poor old Macpower....how he is indicted in this I'll never know...

another bad beat Macpower.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Stop with the everyone knew the rules had been broken bull****, everyone does it, has people on msn, plays on other peoples accounts, its super standard so stop acting like its a big deal and never been heard of before.

This thread is just gonna result in bans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

Whether it was malicious or naive I neither know nor care but trying to defend it as the action of someone tasking the high moral ground is utterly pathetic.

cant you people read. It was nothing to do with moral high ground. It was done to settle a seemingly unsetlleable debate. If you dont want someone to settle a debate because of risks of settling that debate may have some backlash then dont start one in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

YULETIRED wrote: »
    Poor old Macpower....how he is indicted in this I'll never know...

another bad beat Macpower.

was tring to figure out the same...... thought it was pretty obvious where I stand on the matter....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Simplicity

lol

btw I have an advanced AH Script that means you no longer have to even be at your PC....

Interested Macs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭pokerplayer

cant you people read. It was nothing to do with moral high ground. It was done to settle a seemingly unsetlleable debate. If you dont want someone to settle a debate because of risks of settling that debate may have some backlash then dont start one in the first place.

THIS IS A TOTAL DISGRACE, SHOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED TO PLAY AGAIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭FedFrank2

THIS IS A TOTAL DISGRACE, SHOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED TO PLAY AGAIN.

ban please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

mdwexford wrote: »
    Stop with the everyone knew the rules had been broken bull****, everyone does it, has people on msn, plays on other peoples accounts, its super standard so stop acting like its a big deal and never been heard of before.

This thread is just gonna result in bans.
    So because it's done by a few others or yourself, it should just be accepted? Do you realise how moronic that is?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

btw, blaming macs is just retarded, his comment caused no damage what so ever, it was only the reply quoting it, and what rag2gar said later that shed some light on what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

COME ON MODS, BAN THIS GUY FOR LIFE, WHAT A CLOWN.
    OK, seriously please leave this thread, we'll mod it how we see fit, thank you very much. We really don't need any more back seat modding. You made your point earlier so you don't need to continually repeat it.

If anything you're getting close to a ban yourself. Back seat modding, calling someone a clown could be considered personal abuse, and spamming up what is a very serious thread.

If you have nothing constructive to add leave.

The warning at the start of this thread applies to everyone, I'll give you this one free walk because you are new and inexperienced in forums, but there won't be any more warnings.

• Advertisement

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

takin bets on poker player makin it to seventy posts any action

btw, blaming macs is just retarded, his comment caused no damage what so ever, it was only the reply quoting it, and what rag2gar said later that shed some light on what happened.

I am not blaming Macs,

Just wondering if we could join together an create a bot to play poker for us :/

Advanced AH script

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr Minraise

Macspower wrote: »
    If anyone wants to quote me again please do so in context..... thanks....

I dont really feel you were mis-quoted at all. In the post you refered to, look at the scepticism you casued with your 'innocent' throw away remark.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055271026&highlight=rag2gar&page=2

You then go on about it again in another post

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55616710&postcount=152.

Im not saying for one second that you wanted Garys package taken away etc, but I do feel BCB has a point in saying you were defo stirring it up.

Your tone throughout the whole original thread was along the lines of
    ''Im friends with Gary but....'' which i found very irritating at the time. Same with R4AD.

You should either think what he did was worng and just come out and say that, or just keep shut and support him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

In fairness, why hasn't Rag2gar posted anything about this situation?

Oh and I knew my irrational hatred of Holla was justified.

Ste05 wrote: »
    OK, seriously please leave this thread, we'll mod it how we see fit, thank you very much. We really don't need any more back seat modding. You made your point earlier so you don't need to continually repeat it.

If anything you're getting close to a ban yourself. Back seat modding, calling someone a clown could be considered personal abuse, and spamming up what is a very serious thread.

If you have nothing constructive to add leave.

The warning at the start of this thread applies to everyone, I'll give you this one free walk because you are new and inexperienced in forums, but there won't be any more warnings.

fair enough,
    but what do you think of this guy,
    i've seen him in action on this forum and its very clear to me.

It doesn't matter what Ste thinks of him as long as he abides by the forum charter and the overall site rules now stfu and stop de-railing threads.

rb_ie wrote: »
    So because it's done by a few others or yourself, it should just be accepted? Do you realise how moronic that is?

It not done by me but id have no qualms about doing it and it is done by lots of people and is pretty much accepted.

How about Antonius playing on Roland De Wolfes account to get action off Phil Galfond. Did he go crying to Full Tilt complaining, no.

Also i just read Garys original blog and i cant say im surprised the package got taken away if Everest read it, jesus it sounds so bad.

It not done by me but id have no qualms about doing it and it is done by lots of people and is pretty much accepted.

How about Antonius playing on Roland De Wolfes account to get action off Phil Galfond. Did he go crying to Full Tilt complaining, no.

Also i just read Garys original blog and i cant say im surprised the package got taken away if Everest read it, jesus it sounds so bad.
    Well it's certainly not accepted by the sites i.e those who create and enforce the rules.

It's up to Phil if he wants to make a complaint about it, he's fully entitled to do so.

It doesn't matter what Ste thinks of him as long as he abides by the forum charter and the overall site rules now stfu and stop de-railing threads.
    whats derailing the thread, this is the nub of the issue, who told everest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

You should either think what he did was worng and just come out and say that, or just keep shut and support him.

He is entitled to be at war with himself as to how this issue effects him.
    Supporting Gary is irrelevant here. Mac likes him but his opinion is however valid . Rooneys/Dan also. I seriously doubt either of these these guys are in any way to blame here.... I'd look elsewhere for a supporting cast IMO

whats derailing the thread, this is the nub of the issue, who told everest.

No, you're asking Ste05 what he thinks of Holla as a person/poster. You're bringing his behaviour on completely unrelated threads into this and banging away at your keyboard in capslock calling for bans etc etc. You've been asked to leave the thread by a mod, so please do so as you've no idea what's going on here, the people involved etc and therefore have nothing to contribute so just GTFO.

Well it's certainly not accepted by the sites i.e those who create and enforce the rules.

It's up to Phil if he wants to make a complaint about it, he's fully entitled to do so.

Exactly whats not accepted and by what sites??
    The one player to a hand rule??
    The one IP to an account rule??
    The my internet just fcuked up ill get my mate to play on rather than get blinded out rule??

What would you have done in Garys shoes, said ah my internet is **** wasnt meant to be and went to bed??

No, you're asking Ste05 what he thinks of Holla as a person/poster. You're bringing his behaviour on completely unrelated threads into this and banging away at your keyboard in capslock calling for bans etc etc. You've been asked to leave the thread by a mod, so please do so as you've no idea what's going on here, the people involved etc and therefore have nothing to contribute so just GTFO.

must have hit a raw nerve there, are you his defence lawyer by any chance

Reflection...

Exactly whats not accepted and by what sites??
    The one player to a hand rule??
    The one IP to an account rule??
    The my internet just fcuked up ill get my mate to play on rather than get blinded out rule??

What would you have done in Garys shoes, said ah my internet is **** wasnt meant to be and went to bed??
    I think the rules were made (unfortunately?) clear on the other thread tbh.

Everest are ok with you going to another computer if yours crashes/internet dies, they're not ok with more than one person playing the account and there was obviously sufficient evidence in his blog (I haven't read the original so can't really comment, just going by hearsay) and on the thread to convict him of having more than one person playing the hand.

If I were in Gary's shoes, with $500 invested in a satellite, you could be damn sure I'd be in the car with my laptop down to my family home to use their internet (none of them are poker players fwiw).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

must have hit a raw never there, are you his defence lawyer by any chance

Just stop. Not this thread. Go mess some other ones up. You the on being immature now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

This witch hunt is fairly funny, its obvious that a lot of the people attacking macspower think that what Gary did was wrong but are just defending him because hes a nice guy.

I play a lot of 100 and 200NL, Im sure a lot of people Im playing against are getting coaching to a higher degree than anything that happened on that final table, I can live with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

OK, I can't believe I have to say this here, but keep it on topic,

RB, just ignore Pokerplayer, I doubt he'll be around much longer.

Pokerplayer,

If you de-rail this thread any more I'll ban you, my patience has been about as tested as it can be. Start a thread in Feedback if you have a problem with the forum or how it is modded, or about whatever. But this is a very serious thread and from this post onwards I think you should just sit it out.

And to everyone else,

Keep the personal attacks and witch hunt away from here, everyone's been flying as close to the sun as they can, but please just keep it civil and constructive and see what happens.

Ste05

EDIT: I see 5starpool got there before me, I was actually looking forward to banning him and the resulting PM and probable Feedback thread...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

RasTa wrote: »
    In fairness, why hasn't Rag2gar posted anything about this situation?

Oh and I knew my irrational hatred of Holla was justified.
    This thread is such a Fcuking joke its unreal and putting me on life tilt. Im suprised at the stupidity being shown by some people here who I otherwise thought of as intelligent!!!!

BCB are you for real? you work for PPP and are coming on here openly saying that Gary shouldnt have lost his ticket and it wasnt cheating. You must be on smack. You were part of a four man tag team that helped Gary to cheat a punter out of a ticket by playing a game that was, as Gary said, totally different to his own. To say you dont think you helped is laughable and you must think we are idiots.

What line would you take if this had happened on PP to someone you didnt know and you recieved emails and copies of the blog entries? Would you allow him keep the ticket? Why dont you answer this as a paddy power representitive? I dont expect you to answer but would like to think you have the spine to do so.

The crux of this argument is what would you do if the shoe was on the other foot and Gary had been cheated out of the Ticket?? None of Gary's little fanboys have answered this yet so why dont one of you grow a set and answer instead of saying " whoever mailed is a scumbag, Gary is a nice guy" get a fcuking grip.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement