Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everest, WSOP, etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

Who the hell is going to admit to it if you're all already calling the guy a lowlife scumbox? Lets not forget that whoever did it, was not the cheater(whether deliberate or not), so don't go making fools out of yourselves(probably too late on that note)

exactly. people calling the person(s) who reported him scumbags and low life rats............ gimme a fcking break. HE BROKE THE RULES. he cheated. If it was me or trippie or r4ad in this spot there would be no talk of the person being a low life rat. Hed be the ****ing man. If the other guy won and and someone found a identical situation on his country's poker forum you would all be sending of emails to everest. You wouldnt care if he had spent the last 50 years digging fresh water wells in africa. Hed be the lowest of the low for cheating your boy rag2ar out of his package.

The only thing i see that might be considered wrong about the person who reported him is that they didnt admit to, but even then its clutching at straws. If they see someone cheating in a community they are a part of and they disagree with it and then report it. The community gos on a witch hunt.......... its not exactly the most appealing thing to admit it was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

a couple of things.

There's alot of things here that appear to be factual statements. Please provide your sources.

Ste05

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

despite anyone's feelings on how it came about etcetc.... reporting it is way out of order in my books.... putting it mildly.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Well if you're going to do it because you feel somehow morally compelled to do it why not admit it? I don't know the bloke involved, it's the fact someone sent an e-mail but did it behind their back that's so bad. If the strenght of your convictions was so strong you had to send the e-mail why aren't they strong enough to say it in public because you think the man is a cheat or whatever? This is a general question, not accusing anyone here as I don't know anything of the situation anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Morals my arse, whoever did it is a jealous tosser and deserves a fcuking hiding imo.

• Advertisement

a couple of things.

Hollaments, you were very wrong to email what you did to Everest. Garys account was only suspended and investigated after your email. If you, or Lloyd/Cardshark or others who seemed to think that your mail would be of no consequence are genuinly that naive then I am truly baffled. If a mail like that arrived into some of the staff in here and found its way to my desk id know within an hour what tournament/player etc the events surrounded. You single handidly brought Everest Pokers attention to this issue and in my eyes are solely responsible. This holds true by the fact that Garys account was only suspended subsequent to your email which was 3 or 4 days after the ticket was won, believe me, very little in the way of routine checks occur with this time lag so it could only be with attention that a specific tournament would be checked. Your behaviour from what I have seen of it marks you down as an exceptionally immature individual. May I suggest that you grow up and have more consideration for the consequences of your actions on others.

lmao, Rag2ar is soley responsible for losing his package. No one else. And you as an employee from a major online poker site were part of this 4 man tag team. Your telling me to grow up? You work for a major poker site and openly helped cheat someone out of a wsop package then try and pass the blame when the person you helped is punished. I think YOU need to grow up. And gimme a break about paddy power. They dont know they're arse from their elbow. You didnt even know that PPPpitboss=sproodles. You probably still dont know. I imagine it would take ppp 6 months before they figured out how to open the email.

You people really need to stop blaming everyone else. It was my fault because i sent that email, it was macspowers fault because he said he player aggresively, it was r4ads fault because he posted the blog text after eoghan was made out to be a fool. blah blah blah. He broke the rules, He was caught. Deal with it

Also, as another point, Macspower, I believe you are somewhat responsible for adding major fuel to the fire by saying Gary was unusually aggressive when shorthanded. I am sure the HH's are saved on my laptop somewhere as this is the machine which Gary ultimately won his seat on. At a guess you probably say Gary 3bet shove over the eventual runner up when play was 4 handed and decided this was unusually agressive for Gary. He had QQ and AA. Another time he got jiggy with AK I believe.

I've read this again.... and really really don't like what you have said here...

please re-read my original comment here.... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055271026&highlight=rag2gar&page=2

QUOTE"well done garry......
    was watching it for the last while.....

very unlike your normal style but effective nevertheless"

Said in good faith long before any controversy......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

people calling the person(s) who reported him scumbags and low life rats............ gimme a fcking break. HE BROKE THE RULES. he cheated. If it was me or trippie or r4ad in this spot there would be no talk of the person being a low life rat. Hed be the ****ing man. If the other guy won and and someone found a identical situation on his country's poker forum you would all be sending of emails to everest. You wouldnt care if he had spent the last 50 years digging fresh water wells in africa. Hed be the lowest of the low for cheating your boy rag2ar out of his package.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

It's a crying shame the lad may lose the package. I really hope he gets it back. However everyone should examine exactly how they feel about the subject and keep that separate to how they feel about the guy....they should be unrelated .

If you think it's wrong to have help whilst playing you can't have too much sympathy, if you think it's ok to have some advice whilst playing well then you are sympathetic to the guy. However the fact remains it's up to the poker compnay itself to see if he has sinned agianst ther rules. The lesson Gary should take from this is to be very careful what you say in public , and also to remember people who show apparent solidarity can be just as dangerous as the the people who oppose you. So the finger may be wagged at the wrong person whilst a Judas sits among you.....you never know.

The person who sent the mail was perfectly within his/her rights to do so imo and should not be subjected to a 7 iron in the gob or witchhunt.

However if you are the person who sent the mail I really think you should examine your motives and ask yourself what did you hope to achieve and were you pleased with the outcome. There is not one person I've encountered who deserves to have this carrot taken away so cruelly . It's equivalant to a murder punishment for a manslaughter crime. I hope he gets it back and Everest give him a warning about future conduct.

my 2cents.

Ps. I don't think people feel bad when a young guy in his 20s wins a prize like this, what a totally irrelevant thing to say ....unreal the mentality....trying to bring an ageist agenda into a thread like this....bahh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

yuletired wrote:
    The person who sent the mail was perfectly within his/her rights to do so imo and should not be subjected to a 7 iron in the gob or witchhunt.

However if you are the person who sent the mail I really think you should examine your motives and ask yourself what did you hope to achieve and were you pleased with the outcome.

Well put, was trying to say something along those lines but you've put it perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Macspower wrote: »
    I've read this again.... and really really don't like what you have said here...

please re-read my original comment here.... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055271026&highlight=rag2gar&page=2

QUOTE"well done garry......
    was watching it for the last while.....

very unlike your normal style but effective nevertheless"

Said in good faith long before any controversy......

Think it was more of a reference to herehttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55616710&postcount=152
    while I understand the circumstances involved in it and how it came about.... garry was however not playing his usual style

• Registered Users Posts: 37,624 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Jaysus. I didn't know about this at all, I read the other thread a couple of weeks back and knew he won a package, and I thought the fact that it was on the main page for so long was to do with the popularity of gary rather than all this stuff.
    My heart goes out to Gary. Its a terrible thing to happen.
    I know of a friend of mine who played on his wife's account on ppp and had a package taken away from him last year.
    I won't get involved in this thread other than to say, I'd leave it out guys.
    There is no use keeping this going. Some jealous git has got this done but the people close to Gary and Gary himself are the ones who will suffer most from continuing on with this thread.
    Its ok to vent and there has been a lot of that, but continuing on with it will only lead to constant bitterness and leave chips on peoples shoulders.

P.S. I hate vermin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

rb_ie wrote: »
    I realise that but I never felt it should be taken away from him as a result.

Oh yeah, well let's take it back to the original....
    This thread is hilarious.
    If people are so convinced he did nothing wrong, why not email everest with a link and they can come and validate it?
    I agree with Cooker et al. 100% on this.

looks like one or more people took you up on your advise here.
    thankfully the full confession via original blog entry has been removed..... lets hope there is no apple bad enough to have copied it and cause trouble for the guy.....

misplaced hope :(
    That'd make them a good apple overall though, wouldn't it?
    He may not have intended to have 3/4 other players advising him how to play his hands initially, but it ended up that way, he took their advise and played the hands how they agreed on (as Macspower said, his play changed drastically). That's active cheating and it's a pity to see the package being given to someone who cheated their way to it and not someone who played by the rules.

well you got what you wanted. btw you weren't the first person to say how bad you felt for him (sincerely or otherwise :rolleyes:) either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'm making the point that you can be the nicest and most upstanding guy / and truly love poker - and yet there are losing ****ing idiot poker players who would love to see you fail / be taken down a peg or two.

I would disagree that they want to knock the young fella's down a peg or two. Seems you have quite a large chip on your shoulder Lloyd.

Just a word of warning, please don't take BCB's post to be the Gospel truth just yet. Once he returns and provides sources and back-up for his allegations then what he says can be taken literally. How could he possibly know Everest only suspended rag2gar's account after they received Hollaments e-mail. Firstly he doesn't work for Everest AFAIK, and secondly there is only a tiny chance the Everest security department would give out that kind of information to even rag2gar.

I'm very sceptical of his post at this stage, until he provides his sources or back-up for his accusations.

Ste05

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

It was my fault because i sent that email, it was macspowers fault because he said he player aggresively, it was r4ads fault because he posted the blog text after eoghan was made out to be a fool. blah blah blah. He broke the rules, He was caught. Deal with it

nothing at all to do with macspower, he made a casual comment. It's like saying something like "you really raised your game". Just a bit of congratulatory banter.

The issue is with you: why on earth would you try to do someone out of a $13,000 dream package? It does seem like an unbelievably negative thing to do, for no benefit other than proving a point like something a kid in a playground would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

YULETIRED wrote: »
    It's a crying shame the lad may lose the package. I really hope he gets it back. However everyone should examine exactly how they feel about the subject and keep that separate to how they feel about the guy....they should be unrelated .

totally agree with this, I feel so very sorry for Gary because I think he is a genuine guy, who has a great future as a poker player/blogger etc., but if I was playing for a ticket heads up, I wouldn't like the notion of playing against a "tag team" so to speak.

I think Gary should put this behind him, and take the lessons learn't albiet it "Expensive" ones on the chin and move forward.

If anyone wants to quote me again please do so in context..... thanks....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭coillcam

Mods feel free to delete this snippet as you see fit, the full text can indeed be found through google through the cache link if you search for the appropriate terms.

If you read it you can actually feel the adrenaline pumping through the text in that blog entry. I know if I was in a similar scenario it probably would panned out the same way, each step of the way.

FWIW I'm in the begrudgery/archetypical Irish jealousy camp here along with El S. I feel sorry for the person(s) that needed to linch rag2gar, what would possess you to do it?

Serious beat there rag2gar, keep blogging, keep playing and by all means keep posting back here on boards when your ready to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

The issue is with you: why on earth would you try to do someone out of a $13,000 dream package? It does seem like an unbelievably negative thing to do, for no benefit other than proving a point like something a kid in a playground would do.

i would like to congratulate hollaments on a point well made then!!! WP :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

a couple of things.

Hollaments, you were very wrong to email what you did to Everest. Garys account was only suspended and investigated after your email. If you, or Lloyd/Cardshark or others who seemed to think that your mail would be of no consequence are genuinly that naive then I am truly baffled. If a mail like that arrived into some of the staff in here and found its way to my desk id know within an hour what tournament/player etc the events surrounded. You single handidly brought Everest Pokers attention to this issue and in my eyes are solely responsible. This holds true by the fact that Garys account was only suspended subsequent to your email which was 3 or 4 days after the ticket was won, believe me, very little in the way of routine checks occur with this time lag so it could only be with attention that a specific tournament would be checked. Your behaviour from what I have seen of it marks you down as an exceptionally immature individual. May I suggest that you grow up and have more consideration for the consequences of your actions on others.

From once Everest investigate and see 3 ip's then its pretty much an opened and closed book for them, especially when they see this having been sent a somewhat leading (innocent according to your misplaced mindset) email which will ultimately ensure their preconcieved idea of events along with multiple ip's addresses on the account will lead to expulsion.

For the record, unless I am missing something I am not aware of anybody specifcally sending the blog and thread to Everest. However, I am aware that Everest searched through Google Cache and found Garys original deleted blog post and subsequent boards thread started by me.

Also, as another point, Macspower, I believe you are somewhat responsible for adding major fuel to the fire by saying Gary was unusually aggressive when shorthanded. I am sure the HH's are saved on my laptop somewhere as this is the machine which Gary ultimately won his seat on. At a guess you probably say Gary 3bet shove over the eventual runner up when play was 4 handed and decided this was unusually agressive for Gary. He had QQ and AA. Another time he got jiggy with AK I believe.

Finally to the night in question, Gary won the ticket on merit, I recall him laying down A10 4 handed when I would have felted and I recall him calling all in with KQ when I would have folded so I doubt there was any influence on my part. Furthermore, and I would guess that this holds for both John and Chub, id not like to advise anybody at this late stage of such an important tournament as I could not live with the consequences of my misplaced advice were it to cost Gary a ticket.

Of course, choose to ignore all of the above if you wish or if you put my take down to bias.

I havent read the rest of the thread so may have been mentioned but surely someone in your position should have known how dodgy the whole thing looked and told people to keep the details quiet. While you're going around accusing others that is.

As we said there will be no witch hunt here, this isn't Hollaments fault nor is it Macspower's nor is it RB's.

We don't even know if BCB just made up that bit about Holla's e-mail and Everest's support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭pokerplayer

lmao, Rag2ar is soley responsible for losing his package. No one else. And you as an employee from a major online poker site were part of this 4 man tag team. Your telling me to grow up? You work for a major poker site and openly helped cheat someone out of a wsop package then try and pass the blame when the person you helped is punished. I think YOU need to grow up. And gimme a break about paddy power. They dont know they're arse from their elbow. You didnt even know that PPPpitboss=sproodles. You probably still dont know. I imagine it would take ppp 6 months before they figured out how to open the email.

You people really need to stop blaming everyone else. It was my fault because i sent that email, it was macspowers fault because he said he player aggresively, it was r4ads fault because he posted the blog text after eoghan was made out to be a fool. blah blah blah. He broke the rules, He was caught. Deal with it

SEE I TOLD YOU ABOUT THIS GUY, AND YOU THINK I SHOULD BE BANNED.
    WHAT AN IMMATURE CHILD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

BCB, I think you are being a bit harsh on Macspower, his comment could not have had any of the intention at that time that could be put on it later. It only comes into play when it is quoted and a LOL added later. IMO that was one of the most damaging posts in the thread.

Obviously sending the hypothetical mail to Everest was an utterly moronic, childish thing to do. Whether it was malicious or naive I neither know nor care but trying to defend it as the action of someone tasking the high moral ground is utterly pathetic.

I don't know how far Gary has investigated this but I still believe that there is no way that that Everests T&C's could stand interpretation as a one player per hand rule against a half decent lawyer. Perhaps its more complicated than that.

The whole thing is an awful mess, there was a lot of immaturity shown but people will learn and hopefully grow up a bit for it.
    There is a pretty big pot gone down the sewer but hey; if Gary can get to a place where he can look at it from a distance what is it, the price of a second hand car, a couple of weeks buy ins to a 2-5 game on a bad run and no one died.

nothing at all to do with macspower, he made a casual comment. It's like saying something like "you really raised your game". Just a bit of congratulatory banter.

i like the way you highlighted that to make it actually look like i was saying it was my fault.

anyway wtf are you talking about? i didnt try and do him out of a package. i was just tired of all the people saying he was innocent of any crime. I wanted to find out if he was in fact innocent of any crime. He wasnt. If all of his buddies didnt want it to lead to the point where someone would clarify the rules and see if he had broken any then they shouldnt have said anything. It was obvious he had broken the rules and had cheated Yet they claimed innocence till the end. I had no intention of rag2ar losing his package. I actually told multiple people on here i hope he doesnt/gets it back(lloyd,reg,eoghan). If my email did play some part which it obviously didnt since someone sent screenshots of original blog entry then tough luck. His friends shouldnt have debated it until the only anwser to end the debate was email everest to find out the exact rules. Like i said someone sent screenshots of the orig blog entry. He was doomed the moment he put it up

luckylucky wrote: »
    looks like one or more people took you up on your advise here.

I think it's quite apparent what I meant by that. I didn't mean "Hey, why doesn't someone go email Everest and have them come here and comment?!", I mean if people are so sure that Gary did nothing wrong, why wouldn't someone have an Everest rep back them up on it? Answer obviously being they wouldn't, because despite how well they know or get along with him, everyone knew that the rules had been broken.

If someone took it literally and actually sought validation from Everest on it, then that's their problem as you'd have to be an idiot to not realise what I meant by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I said it at at the time and I'll say it again now. If I or anyone else on this forum finished 2nd in this manner then regardless of any actual influence from the other 3-4 in question we'd feel hard done by and be up in arms.

I don't know rag2gar personally, and judging from the comments from those who do know him I think this was naive rather than malicious, but if I'd been on the recieving end it wouldn't change how pissed I was about it.

SEE I TOLD YOU ABOUT THIS GUY, AND YOU THINK I SHOULD BE BANNED.
    WHAT AN IMMATURE CHILD.
    He didn't say anything that could be considered "immature".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭pokerplayer

i like the way you highlighted that to make it actually look like i was saying it was my fault.

anyway wtf are you talking about? i didnt try and do him out of a package. i was just tired of all the people saying he was innocent of any crime. I wanted to find out if he was in fact innocent of any crime. He wasnt. If all of his buddies didnt want it to lead to the point where someone would clarify the rules and see if he had broken any then they shouldnt have said anything. It was obvious he had broken the rules and had cheated Yet they claimed innocence till the end. I had no intention of rag2ar losing his package. I actually told multiple people on here i hope he doesnt/gets it back(lloyd,reg,eoghan). If my email did play some part which it obviously didnt since someone sent screenshots of original blog entry then tough luck. His friends shouldnt have debated it until the only anwser to end the debate was email everest to find out the exact rules. Like i said someone sent screenshots of the orig blog entry. He was doomed the moment he put it up

COME ON MODS, BAN THIS GUY FOR LIFE, WHAT A CLOWN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

rb_ie wrote: »
    I think it's quite apparent what I meant by that

What was apparent to me was your commiserations were hollow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement