Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFT - Use your free webtexts from your mobile - costs a fraction of a cent per text!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Has anyone else been having problems with AFT recently? Using an O2 and voda account.

(I know O2 were down for maintenance but I'm still having problems)

Thanks

yep me too since Saturday on Vodafone, keeps saying server unavailable and i have been using Vodefone webtext in this period :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Dal,
    I should have also mentioned that i've checked the website a few times after trying to send through AFT and both the O2/Voda sites have been working.

Maybe they're still trying to block the AFT server?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Dal,
    I should have also mentioned that i've checked the website a few times after trying to send through AFT and both the O2/Voda sites have been working.

Maybe they're still trying to block the AFT server?

I'll leave that question for donutface.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

i'm using a SE w610i and on the meteor network. when i try to send a message im getting: RESULT, THERE WAS A PROBLEM SENDING YOUR MESSAGE. anyone know what it could be? meteor have activated my APN already.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

sorry guys i was away to germany and a powercut took down the vodafone server. Currently i need someones vodafone details to do further tests so if you ever thought of donating to the cause but didnt have any money, a vodafone sim would really help me out as my current one expired. Over all i wont be using it for many messages, only a few test messages every now and then when people say it isnt working.

vf should be back up

Does anyone know if AFT works with a RAZR? Just with the ISP settings i assume?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Hello all, I am a Meteor user and found this programme very useful, I was wondering could I send webtexts with my sister's O2 account on the same Meteor phone - (it says that the message has sent but I don't recieve the test messages I send myself) - is there a particular format I should send the number to (adding 0035385xxxxxxx etc.) instead of just 085xxxxxxx

Thirdfox wrote:
    Hello all, I am a Meteor user and found this programme very useful, I was wondering could I send webtexts with my sister's O2 account on the same Meteor phone - (it says that the message has sent but I don't recieve the test messages I send myself) - is there a particular format I should send the number to (adding 0035385xxxxxxx etc.) instead of just 085xxxxxxx
    If you can use your meteor webtexts using aft then you should also be able to set up her account on the same phone (it doesn't make any difference that it's o2 on a meteor phone).
    Are you sure the username and password details are correct?

I can't remember what the format is but 003538.... should be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

just discovered this app this morning, the creator is a legend, one thing i need to figure out is how to use the msn feature and those 95xxxx numbers, if anyone would spare a bit of time to explain it it would be much appreciated.

Does anybody know any other cool applications?

dal wrote:
    If you can use your meteor webtexts using aft then you should also be able to set up her account on the same phone (it doesn't make any difference that it's o2 on a meteor phone).
    Are you sure the username and password details are correct?

I can't remember what the format is but 003538.... should be ok.

O2 was just a bit slow...the messages got sent in the end thanks for replying.

By the way I discovered you can send in either 00353 or 08x format.

I've also discovered that it can't send non-English texts!

My friend was very impressed by this software and wanted me to install it for her (she has a SE K750c - Chinese version, on the Vodafone network). I finally entered all the internet settings (couldn't download from the SE website - it doesn't cover the k750c and the WAP is now working.

But I still can't seem to send messages using AFT: it comes back with "There was an error sending your message" anyone have any clues as to what could be the problem?

Also do vodafone users have to get their APN opened for it to work? My meteor phone hasn't got APN unblocked but can still send messages (albeit at 2c a pop).

• Advertisement

ThirdFox, somewhere youll see java settings in the K750i anyway where you have to specify what internet settings to use. I havent used a sony erricson for a while but youll see java settings somewhere in the settings menu

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Its under connectivity -> settings for java

Yep I have selected Vodafone live but it still displays the same error. Sorry to be such a hassle but she'd sure appreciate being able to send cheap texts ;)

can anyone here confirm that vodafone is even still working? I cant test as i dont have a vodafone sim anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

vodafone started working again the last few days. was off for a good while
    Thirdfox wrote:
    Yep I have selected Vodafone live but it still displays the same error. Sorry to be such a hassle but she'd sure appreciate being able to send cheap texts ;)

you need to configure phone to use iaccess point - isp.vodafone.ie for using aft

Edited:
    flodis79 wrote:
    Sorry to clamp down here, but to avoid any confusion, it's isp.vodafone.ie as access point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

nazoil wrote:
    vodafone started working again the last few days. was off for a good while

"Yep I have selected Vodafone live but it still displays the same error. Sorry to be such a hassle but she'd sure appreciate being able to send cheap texts"

you need to configure phone to use iaccess point - sp.vodafone.ie for using aft
    Sorry to clamp down here, but to avoid any confusion, it's isp.vodafone.ie as access point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭okcomputer

flodis79 wrote:

how does one to that? will vodafone customer services to that for me?

Hi all, i'm on meteor and have aft on my phone, if i get APN activated will it still work, i read a few posts from people on meteor that say it doesn't work, is this the case?

Anyone having problems with AFT on Vodafone today? I was using mine up untill 11pm last nite but since 8am dis morning server unavailable keeps coming up :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 yman

It appears that donut's seperate vodafone relay gateway is currently offline. I'll inform donut promptly once he is available.

• Advertisement

Back up and running perfectly since early this morning ;)

I emailed meteor about activating the APN settings and they said they did but i will need to manually install these settings myself

Eircom
    POP3 Server: mail1.eircom.net
    SMTP Server:* mail1.eircom.net
    Username: [e.g. joesoap@eircom.net = joesoap]
    Password: [Customer’s e-mail password]

:IOL (Broadband, Flate Rate Anytime, Flat Rate, Surf No Limits and IOL Gold)
    POP3 Server: gpo.iol.ie
    SMTP Server: mail.iol.ie
    Username: [e.g. joesoap@iol.ie = joesoap]

Oceanfree.net
    POP3 Server: mail.oceanfree.net
    SMTP Server: smtp.oceanfree.net
    Username: [e.g. joesoap@oceanfree.net = joesoap]

Is this right or have they mixed it up with something else? if anyone can answer that would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Have Nokia 5300 on Meteor, AFT works fine since day 1.

Problem is i can't bluetooth the app to another phone, the 'send' option in 'options' when selecting AFT is just not there. Using 'move' option on app to see if 'send' appears elsewhere on phone doesn't help either
    Also 'update version' and 'web page' are greyed out

Have to use the Bluetooth dongle or USB via PC OR download it on the phone itself to get it transferred over, is it possible to add a send option for simplicity in a future release?

Great work btw :D

gurramok wrote:

Problem is i can't bluetooth the app to another phone, the 'send' option in 'options' when selecting AFT is just not there. Using 'move' option on app to see if 'send' appears elsewhere on phone doesn't help either

Have to use the Bluetooth dongle or USB via PC OR download it on the phone itself to get it transferred over, is it possible to add a send option for simplicity in a future release?

Are you able to send other applications from your nokia?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

gurramok wrote:

Had a similar problem. My Nokia didn't like me trying to sent executable JARs I had installed. In the end, I copied aft.jar to a directory and my phone having installed it. I can now send the file I copied without any trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

dal wrote:
    Are you able to send other applications from your nokia?

Good point, i think no.

There is no option to send on for example gmail & gmaps apps on my phone, they have the same list of options as AFT(like delete, move, application access, details, type of view, sort, add folder, memory status) but 'send' missing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

i cant get AFT work on my nokia 6230i on O2 prepay. i always get message - failed to send message.
    i was able to download the jar file over gprs.. so i believe the gprs settings are correct.
    not sure what is the problem
    any help will be appreciated....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

i cant get AFT work on my nokia 6230i on O2 prepay. i always get message - failed to send message.
    i was able to download the jar file over gprs.. so i believe the gprs settings are correct.
    not sure what is the problem
    any help will be appreciated....

anyone to help me???

anyone elses AFT not working today, i'm on meteor by the way! keeps saying "packet data configuration failed" worked grand last night.

the only thing i can think it could be is i got meteor to activate the APN setting on my phone a couple of days ago, maybe they only got around to it now, anyone got any ideas?

• Advertisement

ok who here is using aft on meteor with a nokia 5300. i activated APN and am still getting charged 2 cent per text, should it not be a cent or less, i know its not much of a difference but just curious! if anyone could tell me what settings to use that may do the job!

Advertisement