Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Why would they not use them though?

My package has been with them for 30 hours. Surely it's been scanned on arrival?

Nothing in my parcel motel account. I obviously don't have a parcel motel tracking number. It also gives the option to enter the amazon tracking number which I've done but it finds nothing.

*That's* what pisses me off. The complete lack of customer service. All amazon say is that the 'parcel was handed to resident'.

And until I see a PM confirmation email, that has me quietly worrying what that exactly means.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭princess3901

I'm having an issue at the moment with parcel motel, I am returning an item to littlewoods, last Sunday I left the package in the parcel motel locker. Got a text and email from them to confirm I used the locker. I've been tracking it online but there has been no activity since 9/1/17, it just states pm cust sent. I opened a ticket with them on Friday and have heard nothing from them.
    Has anyone else had an issue like this with them. I've never had any problems in the past but getting a bit worried they've lost the package at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Conchy

Not sure if this has happened to many people but in December somehow I ordered 2 items that were in my amazon basket by accident. I'm not sure whether it happened because I wanted to see how much shipping was or if somebody else using my laptop accidentally ordered it.

The problem is my default address was set to Parcel Motel and I have only noticed now I ordered them items. On amazon I can see it was delivered to Parcel Motel but it was a month ago. I also don't have my PMID in the address which further adds to the disaster.

I have emailed them but still waiting on a reply. Anyone know if they will still have my package and will I be able to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭deezell

They have a parcel trace tool on their support site where you can enter the details of the order, name of carrier, name of supplier from a popular list, tracking number etc, plus your name should be on the address label.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

I'm having an issue at the moment with parcel motel, I am returning an item to littlewoods, last Sunday I left the package in the parcel motel locker. Got a text and email from them to confirm I used the locker. I've been tracking it online but there has been no activity since 9/1/17, it just states pm cust sent. I opened a ticket with them on Friday and have heard nothing from them.
    Has anyone else had an issue like this with them. I've never had any problems in the past but getting a bit worried they've lost the package at this stage

Similar story with me. I left the package in the locker on 30th December, and the had status updates up until a week ago. Nothing since. I submitted a Parcel Motel support ticket on Friday morning, but haven't heard anything back.

I'm not impressed.

• Advertisement

Do they only deliver to the PM during business hours? Got an email to say the package was in the dublin depot this afternoon.

My PM is in the city centre. Any chance it'll be delivered this evening (when I'm around town) or will I be making a trip in tomorrow or the next day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

quad_red wrote: »
    Do they only deliver to the PM during business hours? Got an email to say the package was in the dublin depot this afternoon.

My PM is in the city centre. Any chance it'll be delivered this evening (when I'm around town) or will I be making a trip in tomorrow or the next day?

I'd expect it tonight. Mine in South Dublin gets delivered around 10.30PM.

Cheers. I'll wait around for a while so.

And again, would it be so hard to have some sort of indicative status on the website? According to help, 'in transit' just means it is in their system. So it's meaningless. It's 'in transit' when it's sitting on the floor of the depot.
    Your parcel is at In Transit status when it arrives at either of our receiving centres.

https://parcelmotel.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202014391-My-Parcel-is-in-transit-but-I-have-not-received-a-text-to-say-it-has-arrived-

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭deezell

It varies and depends on when your pm is visited, and if there is a vacant cabinet. Even if your parcel is scanned before the van leaves for your area, it may already have enough parcels to fill all the empty cabinets. I've had depot alerts at 7.30 pm., then waited 34+ hours for the text to say it was in the motel. I've also had depot scans and motel alerts within 7- 8 hours.

quad_red wrote: »
    Cheers. I'll wait around for a while so.

I wouldn't necessarily wait around tbh. If it was my motel I would has 95% of the time if is delivered between 10.15 and 11pm on the day it is scanned into Dublin as long as the scan is before 7PM. But thats my motel and I think I've been very lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭princess3901

animaal wrote: »
    Similar story with me. I left the package in the locker on 30th December, and the had status updates up until a week ago. Nothing since. I submitted a Parcel Motel support ticket on Friday morning, but haven't heard anything back.

I'm not impressed.

It's absolutely ridiculous, trying to ring them is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

Trying to get any response out of them is a joke, I was given my alert to say my package was in Julianstown, went up to get it but the lockers were dead. No sign of life, it wasn't sunshine causing the screen not to display. Anyways went home but a message into support yesterday and got no response, in the mean time I've gotten my warning to say that my package is still waiting to be collected. Tried again today and same issue. Raised anther ticket and still have had zero response.

First time I used them they put the wrong parcel in the box and then charged me twice for delivy, in fairness after a long rant they gave me credit. Any of the other services more reliable, 3 times I've used them 2 of them have been epic fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

fitzer1982 wrote: »
    Trying to get any response out of them is a joke, I was given my alert to say my package was in Julianstown, went up to get it but the lockers were dead. No sign of life, it wasn't sunshine causing the screen not to display. Anyways went home but a message into support yesterday and got no response, in the mean time I've gotten my warning to say that my package is still waiting to be collected. Tried again today and same issue. Raised anther ticket and still have had zero response.

First time I used them they put the wrong parcel in the box and then charged me twice for delivy, in fairness after a long rant they gave me credit. Any of the other services more reliable, 3 times I've used them 2 of them have been epic fails.

I've moved to Parcel Wizard, and can highly recommend them from a dozen or so deliveries so far.
    Only issue I've had is that the estimated delivery dates I'm getting are wildly out - like 2 weeks - but now I know when I get the notification, delivery will follow next working day,

edit: I suppose the only issue for some would be if no one will be home, and you can't get deliveries to work, but I just get mine sent to the home place, where there's someone there 99% of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

They are yet to respond to tickets I opened in mid December...

Just picked up my parcel from the motel there. Ordered it yesterday (Sunday) at 2PM delivered to Antrim on Monday morning picked up Monday evening from Dublin.

Just got a message to say they have taken my package back to the warehouse. I'm never going to get this package, it's just going to be stuck in a loop of them delivering to the locker and me not being able to open the locker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Just got a message to say they have taken my package back to the warehouse. I'm never going to get this package, it's just going to be stuck in a loop of them delivering to the locker and me not being able to open the locker.

It's a handy way of generating revenue when people have stopped using their services

That's pretty darkly hilarious. 😟

All I can do is try change the locker to somewhere else and hopefully they'll deliver there, at this stage I've zero confidence in them. I've raised multiple support tickets and tried contacting them on twitter. Thankfully its a small value item but I've learned my lesson, need to get this package and then close my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Not PM related but someone here might know WTF this is all about?

I purchased a One+ phone for delivery direct to my house and the tracking said the Courier was DHL. The tracking update today said it was out for delivery this morning.

I was here all morning and nobody called, I just received a notification that my package was delivered to a DHL swipBox at a reasonably near Daybreak store and it gave me a pin number to go collect.

Anyone know what the hell that is all about and why it would have been sent there?

94e52ab8ef.jpg

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Not PM related but someone here might know WTF this is all about?

I purchased a One+ phone for delivery direct to my house and the tracking said the Courier was DHL. The tracking update today said it was out for delivery this morning.

I was here all morning and nobody called, I just received a notification that my package was delivered to a DHL swipe box at a reasonably near Daybreak store and it gave me a pin number to go collect.

Anyone know what the hell that is all about and why it would have been sent there?

Cost cutting "last mile solution" confine you at home expecting a delivery only to grant you that PM freedom to toddle off and collect it at a time of your choosing :mad:

styron wrote: »
    Cost cutting "last mile solution" confine you at home expecting a delivery only to grant you that PM freedom to toddle off and collect it at a time of your choosing :mad:

Has anyone used this SwipBox service?

All I got was a pin, do I need anything else like a barcode to collect?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

I was returning a parcel to the UK and put it in the Parcel Motel box on 8th January. Parcel Motel finally said it was en route on 13th and the company received it back only yesterday 16th January. This came at a cost of €14.50!!!!

very disappointed with the high cost and such a slow return!!

WIll look into Parcel Connect from now on as an alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

I was returning a parcel to the UK and put it in the Parcel Motel box on 8th January. Parcel Motel finally said it was en route on 13th and the company received it back only yesterday 16th January. This came at a cost of €14.50!!!!

very disappointed with the high cost and such a slow return!!

WIll look into Parcel Connect from now on as an alternative.

Twice the price (incl. VAT) for up to 10/15 KG = €29.95

styron wrote: »

I could be going around in circles guessing as to what caused that, so I called DHL and gave them the waybill number. They contacted the driver and it appears the driver on Galway today is new and made a mistake. They fully accepted that it was an error on their part and offered to have it collected from the SwipBox tomorrow and delivered to the house. I told them it was not necessary as I'd pick it myself.

In fairness to DHL, I got through straight away, they held their hand up straight away too and said it shouldn't have happened. They were nice enough to deal with as well. At least you could get hold of them and get answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

How does parcelmotel compare to addresspal ?

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

More expensive with less pick up points, but faster and can accommodate larger parcels.

Be careful with Addresspal for anything even the slightest bit oversize, they have a standard €25 charge even if it's only a millimeter over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

More expensive with less pick up points, but faster and can accommodate larger parcels.

And so far, totally dependable ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caillte

I find it slower but not had a problem with packages over the christmas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement