Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek Planning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

patmac wrote: »
    People wildcarding this week or next what is your long term plan,till week 35, 36,37 or 38.

Rough idea of my plan is WC this week, TC in 34 and BB in 37.

Current team - set up with DGWs in mind:

Mignolet(Robles)
    Bellerin Reid Smalling (Simpson Flanagan)
    Sanchez Coutinho Payet Mahrez (Alli)
    Aguero Kane Lukaku

Will keep Kane (Possibly change for Rashford/Martial in 34 with FT)

2 dgwers for 33.
    10/11 dgwers for 34.
    Will use TC on Sanchez I think.

Have 9 for GW35
    Could get a player in to make 10, but would rather hold for DGW37.

Have 7/8 DGWers for 37 currently. With the remaining 4 FTs I will get in another 4 to make 12.

Thinking Bellerin - Azpi
    Sanchez - Willian
    Aguero - Sturridge/Costa
    Alli - Lingard

Any thoughts/opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

People wildcarding this week or next what is your long term plan,till week 35, 36,37 or 38.

The only thing I've set in stone is WC33, BB34 and TC37. As for what my team will be, that's a whole different story! Robles, Lukaku, Mahrez and 12 others is all I have for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

35 is really the only issue. I'm just going to close my eyes and hope it goes away.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

After an hour staring at it i've currently got this for GW33

DDG Elliott
    Funes Mori Clyne Bellerin Cresswell Delaney
    Sanchez Firmino Mahrez Lennon Payet
    Lukaku Aguero Mitrovic

Mitrovic is a punt that could go horribly wrong so not sold on him yet. Defence is quite expensive but full of attacking threat. Could field 10 in GW35 then by getting PVA and Azpi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

jimmii wrote: »
    . I'm just going to close my eyes and hope it goes away.

That's been my strategy for the entire season since the September international break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I was gonna keep Aguero, but now thinking of keeping Kane instead. Much better stats, all he's missing is the DGW.

Also thinking of wildcarding next week now rather than this week again. Gives me another week to monitor the returns of KDB, Firmino, possibly Rooney (not that I'd get him but in case he dislodges Rashford)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

TC Rom GW33 is on for me. He may aswell break my balls one more time. Most likely activate WC in the morning, I'll be in the horrors for the week :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

37 have 10 or 11 DGWers. 35 either take a hit or two or buy a large couch and pray to Ashley Pulis

After an hour staring at it i've currently got this for GW33

DDG Elliott
    Funes Mori Clyne Bellerin Cresswell Delaney
    Sanchez Firmino Mahrez Lennon Payet
    Lukaku Aguero Mitrovic

Mitrovic is a punt that could go horribly wrong so not sold on him yet. Defence is quite expensive but full of attacking threat. Could field 10 in GW35 then by getting PVA and Azpi.

Funes Mori is under threat from Stones, Jags is safer and a bap magnet. But Funes Mori does have big goal threat to be fair

lougal88 wrote: »
    Rough idea of my plan is WC this week, TC in 34 and BB in 37.

Current team - set up with DGWs in mind:

Mignolet(Robles)
    Bellerin Reid Smalling (Simpson Flanagan)
    Sanchez Coutinho Payet Mahrez (Alli)
    Aguero Kane Lukaku

Will keep Kane (Possibly change for Rashford/Martial in 34 with FT)

2 dgwers for 33.
    10/11 dgwers for 34.
    Will use TC on Sanchez I think.

Have 9 for GW35
    Could get a player in to make 10, but would rather hold for DGW37.

Have 7/8 DGWers for 37 currently. With the remaining 4 FTs I will get in another 4 to make 12.

Thinking Bellerin - Azpi
    Sanchez - Willian
    Aguero - Sturridge/Costa
    Alli - Lingard

Any thoughts/opinions?

Not a big fan of Flanagan unless Moreno has a set back. Reid also has a dodgy injury record this season, I've been looking at Ogbonna as a cheaper way than Cresswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Not a big fan of Flanagan unless Moreno has a set back. Reid also has a dodgy injury record this season, I've been looking at Ogbonna as a cheaper way than Cresswell

Really just to enable the bigger hitters into my team though.

Ogbonna is certainly an option. But is he a nailed starter?

Again with Flanagan I can't afford Moreno or Lovren without downgrading elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Flanagan is a big risk. Lovren is my preferred option at present.

Cresswell a big luxury but him bombing forward and hitting the woodwork twice i think it was against Chelsea has me itching to fit him in. Probably ahead of Bellerin even.

Is Mert nailed on when fit or will there be rotation there?

lougal88 wrote: »
    Really just to enable the bigger hitters into my team though.

Ogbonna is certainly an option. But is he a nailed starter?

Again with Flanagan I can't afford Moreno or Lovren without downgrading elsewhere.

Shedite can give a better opinion, but it seems as though Ogbonna-Reid is the first choice pairing. Ogbonna was dropped for Collins back in Jan/Feb
    FHFC wrote: »
    Is Mert nailed on when fit or will there be rotation there?

Gabriel has moved ahead of Mertesacker but I wouldn't expect him to start both matches of the DGW and/or GW35. He could be worth a flier at 4.3m, Wenger doesn't tend to change his defence too much besides fixture pileups at end of season (even then if our league position is safe). Cech, Kosc, and Bellerin are 100% nailed if fit, Monreal is probably 80% to start all matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Just messing around with possible team formations. See, I want to keep Mahrez, and Alli, as well as maybe Simpson. Just because they'd be quite expensive to buy back. I also might keep Kane, though that's negotiable. He's obviously on unreal form at the minute and who's to say he wouldn't outscore a DGWer?

What I'm currently looking at is 11 DGWers, with 10 starters then for 35. (May be wrong - had a fairly quick look at fixtures.) I could get more DGWers in but I'd rather not be gambling on and then potentially stuck with players like Antonio or Flanagan, for example, for the sake of owning them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Assuming that Kun and Lukaku will be nailed on picks for DGW34 that 3rd striker slot is turning into a real ball breaker!

Firstly Kane would have to be sacrificed which isn't all that appealing with his current form and high ownership (I guess it has to be noted that my current rank is 8.5k and I'm there or thereabouts in my money leagues, all very tight, so I'm not looking to just go for punty selections to make big jumps as such)

So anyway if I do decide to get rid and take in someone with a DGW I'm struggling with a solid pick.

Arsenal - Welbeck looks like he's first choice at the moment but I would not trust him to get 180mins in those games, good fixtures if only he was nailed I'd prob pick him, You can't really consider Giroud imo.

Liverpool - again nothing jumps out, Sturridge game time will be limited with their EL involvement also not helping matters, just can't go there. No one else worth considering there.

Man Utd - Rashford or Martial, Meeeeh, they're(Utd) just not scoring that many goals, Rasford prob won't get the full playing time either, Martial playing on the wing is limiting his returns too, then I believe Rooney might be back on the scene, all too messy for me.

Watford - I guess Deeney or Ighalo could be ok options, I'd maybe go Deeney as Ighalo has ran dry lately, problem is Watford are on a bad run and have other priorities.

We have Everton and City covered so that leaves the likes of West Ham, Newcastle, Palace, West Brom, I just don't see anyone at any of those teams.....

Sor far I'd have something like this and considering a wildcard this week...

Mignolet, DeGea

Bellerin, Cresswell, Delaney, x, x

Payet, Sanchez, Coutinho, Bolasie, Mahrez

Aguero, Lukaku, x

Opinions?

Assuming that Kun and Lukaku will be nailed on picks for DGW34 that 3rd striker slot is turning into a real ball breaker!

Firstly Kane would have to be sacrificed which isn't all that appealing with his current form and high ownership (I guess it has to be noted that my current rank is 8.5k and I'm there or thereabouts in my money leagues, all very tight, so I'm not looking to just go for punty selections to make big jumps as such)

So anyway if I do decide to get rid and take in someone with a DGW I'm struggling with a solid pick.

Arsenal - Welbeck looks like he's first choice at the moment but I would not trust him to get 180mins in those games, good fixtures if only he was nailed I'd prob pick him, You can't really consider Giroud imo.

Liverpool - again nothing jumps out, Sturridge game time will be limited with their EL involvement also not helping matters, just can't go there. No one else worth considering there.

Man Utd - Rashford or Martial, Meeeeh, they're(Utd) just not scoring that many goals, Rasford prob won't get the full playing time either, Martial playing on the wing is limiting his returns too, then I believe Rooney might be back on the scene, all too messy for me.

Watford - I guess Deeney or Ighalo could be ok options, I'd maybe go Deeney as Ighalo has ran dry lately, problem is Watford are on a bad run and have other priorities.

We have Everton and City covered so that leaves the likes of West Ham, Newcastle, Palace, West Brom, I just don't see anyone at any of those teams.....

Sor far I'd have something like this and considering a wildcard this week...

Mignolet, DeGea

Bellerin, Cresswell, Delaney, x, x

Payet, Sanchez, Coutinho, Bolasie, Mahrez

Aguero, Lukaku, x

Opinions?

Agree with your summary on strikers. Can't see much worth selling Kane for except maybe Welbeck. With no cup interest he may not be that liable to rotation.

Thing is keeping Kane also ties up 10m odd. In the team you've listed unless you have a serious team value it will be hard to add Kane back in with anything other than a couple of 4m defs.

The only other thing with your team is only one Everton player which is certainly not gonna be the norm with 8 matches in 5 GWs. Although I'm not overly convinced by them its hard to ignore them for 33 and 34 now.

I think the Palace fixtures will convince me to add Delaney but can't see space for Bolasie given their GW34.

It's a fcukin conundrum is what it is.......

Latest best stab at the DGW team....

Elliot, Mignolet
    Cresswell, Bellerin, Delaney, Coleman, R Martin
    Sanchez, Mahrez, Firmino, Lennon, Payet
    Aguero, Kane, Lukaku

No Man U but ok otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

So we are and have spent hours on this and then the casuals will come along with their Mahrez,Kane,Alli etc, not have a clue about DGW and out-score us all by 10 points per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Latest best stab at the DGW team....

Elliot, Mignolet
    Cresswell, Bellerin, Delaney, Coleman, R Martin
    Sanchez, Mahrez, Firmino, Lennon, Payet
    Aguero, Kane, Lukaku

No Man U but ok otherwise.

Very similar to my current WC team.

Funed mori instead of Coleman
    Coutinho instead of Firmino.

dahat wrote: »
    Very similar to my current WC team.

Funed mori instead of Coleman
    Coutinho instead of Firmino.

What are you doing re United? If you're avoiding what hope for the rest of us!!

• Advertisement

So we are and have spent hours on this and then the casuals will come along with their Mahrez,Kane,Alli etc, not have a clue about DGW and out-score us all by 10 points per week.

Certainty isn't it. :)

Looking like among us geeks 34 will to a large extent come down to Kane vs No Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm keeping all 3 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

km79 wrote: »
    I'm keeping all 3 ;)

Similar boat myself. Alli and Mahrez are quite expensive to get back in and there's no one really on that level (Lennon maybe) playing in a double who's worth the cheap price tag!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭dahat

What are you doing re United? If you're avoiding what hope for the rest of us!!

Not totally sure, Rooney for Kane for Dwg34 is possible if he is fit.

Defence is simple, De Gea or Smalling, no one else is guaranteed to make the two games imo. I went for Mignolet purely on budget tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

dahat wrote: »
    Not totally sure, Rooney for Kane for Dwg34 is possible if he is fit.

Defence is simple, De Gea or Smalling, no one else is guaranteed to make the two games imo. I went for Mignolet purely on budget tbh.

yes it's smalling or noone for me as I've Elliot playing this double ea
    ready and transfers are precious
    I'll have to sell aldee for smalling though and West Brom at home in 35 is as good as they come for defenders !
    could always buy Danny rose in I guess
    but transfers for 37 needed ..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Had a moment of realisation this morning, the fact that I don't still have my BB means that i can TC Lukaku GW33 and then use my WC GW34, giving me a few more weeks without a thrown together team!

Gives me a few more weeks to moniter KDB, Firminio etc too, WC plans shelved for a while more so.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Had a moment of realisation this morning, the fact that I don't still have my BB means that i can TC Lukaku GW33 and then use my WC GW34, giving me a few more weeks without a thrown together team!

Gives me a few more weeks to moniter KDB, Firminio etc too, WC plans shelved for a while more so.

This is actually worth looking at if considering keeping BB till GW37. Gets round the problem of wanting rid of Palace players after 33 and not too far away from 37 for risking injuries etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I've decided I'm going to captain Alexis with the TC for DGW34. Taking an 8 point hit in total (two -4's over the next few weeks), my team will be as follows (DGW's in bold):

GW34:

ELLIOT
    BELLERIN SAKHO JAGIELKA (also there for 33)
    SANCHEZ (TC) FIRMINO (PAYET if not) Mahrez Alli
    AGUERO LUKAKU (also there for 33) Kane

It also leaves me very well set for GW35. I'd probably bank the transfer if possible.

GW35:

Forster (avl)
    Bellerin (sun) Fuchs (SWA) Dier (WBA) Sakho (NEW)
    Alli (WBA) Sanchez (sun) Firmino (NEW) Mahrez (SWA)
    Kane (WBA) Aguero (STO)

For GW36, I'm happy to dump Alli who plays Chelsea away for a DGW 37'er. I can go Alli -> Payet, though it would cost me my 2 FT's. Say I go for that, replacing Dier with someone like Klose or Kone which easily frees up the funds leaves me with the following:

GW36:

Elliot (CPL)
    Jagielka (BOU) Bellerin (NOR) Sakho (swa)
    Sanchez (NOR) Firmino (swa) Payet (wba) Mahrez (mnu)
    Aguero (sou) Lukaku (BOU) Kane (che)

DGW37 then looks like the below. I'll probably take a -8 here and use BB just to get rid of it as it might come up trumps. I can go Forster -> Mignolet and will add a cheap 5th DGW'er which leaves my BB team looking like the below.

Mignolet (WAT/CHE) & Elliot (avl)
    Sakho (WAT/CHE) Jagielka (lei/liv) Klose (MNU/WAT) & Fuchs (EVE) Bellerin (mci)
    Firmino (WAT/CHE) Payet (SWA/MNU) Sanchez (mci) Mahrez (LEI) & Cheap DGW'er (e.g. NOR/SUN player)
    Aguero (ARS) Lukaku (lei/liv) Kane (SOU)

And to round things off, GW38 (with 1 FT to use on a wildcard punt, something like the Walcott punt which CSF had great success with would really interest me here):

Mignolet (wba)
    Sakho (wba) Jagielka (NOR) Bellerin (AVL)
    Sanchez (AVL) Firmino (wba) Payet (sto) Mahrez (che)
    Aguero (swa) Lukaku (NOR) Kane (new)

Sorry for the very long post, but getting it down on paper will help me a lot when I inevitably forget what changes I was planning to make. :pac: Of course one injury/suspension will change everything. :pac:

I'm just outside the top 100,000 at the moment and would love to finish top 50,000 so that's my aim now. If the TC goes well I don't see why it's not a realistic aim.

Any thoughts/critique would be most welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

This is actually worth looking at if considering keeping BB till GW37. Gets round the problem of wanting rid of Palace players after 33 and not too far away from 37 for risking injuries etc.

I still don't get the fascination with BB in a dgw unless you are going with more than 12 dgw players. What was your bench for 34 Martin Kane mahrez ? It also included a palace defender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I still don't get the fascination with BB in a dgw unless you are going with more than 12 dgw players. What was your bench for 34 Martin Kane mahrez ? It also included a palace defender.

Can you at least get why people with a wildcard want to?

Advertisement