Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

He just slept 7 straight hours!! Now I slept about 6 with about 3 wakes to check he was breathing but wooooo, I'm like a new person at 4.30am and he's gone back to sleep :D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

bp wrote: »
    Are you ok? First spot of tooth appeared at 3 months here but hasn't moved since.

You are doing a great job, do what feels right for you. We all have bad days - believe me

Think he might have a molar coming down as I could see a blister back right when he was screaming yesterday. Hopefully it's just a phase and things will settle down. If I get one nights sleep i think I would feel better. He hasn't been a bad baby so far think things just got to me. I've been to the chemist and loaded up on all things teething related so I'm armed and ready!

Aaaaand we're back to every 2 hours waking... *cries*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Aaaaand we're back to every 2 hours waking... *cries*

We are on a cycle: 3 hour sleep wake, 1 hour wake and repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

The last two nights we're awake at 4.30 for an hour. It's so annoying, even though it's only an hour I'm wrecked

• Advertisement

We are on a cycle: 3 hour sleep wake, 1 hour wake and repeat

Oh God, that sounds much worse. He's only awake for about 10 minutes when he wakes, so I have very broken sleep but I don't have to wake up and function too much. He's wrecked then during the day, such a bad system!

If we have a second baby (hopefully) I'll have to try and plan it so I don't have to go back to work when they're so young, maybe manage til 5 months old. No idea how I'd have done this if he'd been born a month later "on time".

You poor thing.

I actually have them both asleep at the same time... I am watching crap tv and have my feet up. Baby due up in 20 mins!

My guy had a pretty long nap earlier so I got stuff done, he's out of sorts from the vaccinations still so is asleep on me now, if I put him down he gets very upset. He had a huge red lump on his thigh but it's going down again now at least.

Poor chicken :-( I got an hour and a half of peace!!!! Watched tv, ate lunch, hoovered, mopped and started the ironing!

Every hour. Every f*cking hour he's been awake between 12 and now. Spent €50 on another mattress to bump his cot bit up to our bed completely, nothing. I spend my nights getting thumped in the face and cried at and trying to comfort and settle him and I spend my days exhausted and hoping "Tonight will be the night". I haven't slept more than 4hrs in one block since March. Work tomorrow again. I'm f*cked up of this. And there's no point even posting on the baby/toddler chat or whatever the other thread is called because my posts in them are constantly ignored which is lovely too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

Aw spotty you need a hug, my first fella was exact same, he is 3 now and those days are long past. I used to feel so upset at the mother and baby group that mine never slept.if it's any consolation he did get there and my second baby is an unreal sleeper 7.30-6 then back to 8ish however I do know that could change anytime too, they all so different but do get there x

I know I keep saying this but it would be fine that he's not sleeping if I wasn't working and could sleep during the day. Nothing will make me feel better or console me, except sleep. Until then every night is depressing and every day is desperate.

And the real kicker is he sleeps for hours for daytime naps when my husband puts him down, I get about 30 mins, an hour if I'm lucky and I get to work.

You poor thing :-(

Could it be teeth? Does he was a soother to self sooth. Eh what else....room too bright/ dark. White noise.

Would going in his own room help or hubby give a bottle at night so you could some sleep?

I wish I could help :-( my little lad is in a foul mood with teeth - wouldn't eat etc, thank God for calpol...Nothing else worked toady

You poor thing :-(

Could it be teeth? Does he was a soother to self sooth. Eh what else....room too bright/ dark. White noise.

Would going in his own room help or hubby give a bottle at night so you could some sleep?

I wish I could help :-( my little lad is in a foul mood with teeth - wouldn't eat etc, thank God for calpol...Nothing else worked toady

He has dummy since day 1 in scbu. He can sleep in dark or light room when he wants to sleep, can sleep in silence or noise. His own room wouldn't do much I don't think because when hes very worked up cuddling into me to sleep is all that quietens him, and I'd just be more sleep deprived in and out all night. I won't get any more sleep if my husband gives him a bottle, he doesn't wake as quick as me and by the time a bottle was heated and everything I'd be wide awake anyway. And when he cries I can hear him from the other end of the house so there's nowhere I can go/sleep that I won't hear him.

He's like a pooping machine this morning and very off form so that explains it some bit, but even his "good" nights are just crap. Husband is off today so I'm basically just doing feeds and letting him take him the rest of the day while I work or get jobs done around the house.

You poor thing :-( same here with husband not waking

I wish I knew how to help more

Ah sure I'm just looking to whinge really :) Husband is the best in the world but he's always been like this with sleep. I had a 5 minute conversation with him a few nights ago where it turned out he was completely asleep despite me repeating his name over and over and asking him questions AND getting answers. He woke up with me dying laughing because I realised what was going on!

Is babba waking up due to soother falling out?

My little man won't sleep anymore without a soother (Grr) or rocking and certainly not when in buggy

Is babba waking up due to soother falling out?

My little man won't sleep anymore without a soother (Grr) or rocking and certainly not when in buggy

Nope, he is fine without it once he gets to sleep and spits it out :) I'm going to just have to stop getting annoyed/upset about it, I function fine once I'm up. Today after that awful night I've painted a wall, done a food shop, worked for 3 hours, I can cope.

My guy doesn't sleep in buggy or car either unless really desperate!

Nope, he is fine without it once he gets to sleep and spits it out :) I'm going to just have to stop getting annoyed/upset about it, I function fine once I'm up. Today after that awful night I've painted a wall, done a food shop, worked for 3 hours, I can cope.

My guy doesn't sleep in buggy or car either unless really desperate!

I know the feeling! Last week was horrific forme and I was so exhausted. I ended up letting my husband take him for the night on Thurs, I still woke when the baby woke as my husband is the same it takes him a bit longer to get to the baby but I did feel the better for the rest. Tooth number two broke through on Saturday and his mood has changed for the better and he's also sleeping a bit better....three hours as opposed to every two. My husband is gone away on business for the week and I was dreading this week but I've just had to be more organised, still wrecked due to night feeds but just about coping. I hope things improve for you soon. I pray for the night when he sleeps through.

This sleep sh*t is going backwards :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Ah girls I don't know what to say - sounds horrific. Even the simplest of things becomes a big deal when you're tired. Hope things start improving soon!

I've decided to just ignore it. Probably easier said than done but I managed to stay awake til 1am last night, had a delicious glass of wine with some visitors until 11 and then myself and husband were contacted by a friend with big news at midnight so were giddy :) Baby was awake from 10 to 11.30 having a ball and woke at 4, 6 and 7.30 when my husband got up with him. I'm up now since 9 and not a bother on either of us, work will be grand today and will enjoy the sun! :) Might go for a walk and try and lose the weight I've put on in the last few weeks, wtf!

It is teeth here...dosing the poor child!

Glad you had a nice night and wine!!!

It is teeth here...dosing the poor child!

Glad you had a nice night and wine!!!

Doesn't seem to be teeth here yet, are there any coming up yet or just the pain of it so far?

I've actually had quite a few nights of wine and chats recently. I read a while ago that if breastfeeding you should "try and have 2-3 alcohol free nights a week", I remember saying "sure I wouldn't have 2-3 a month!", and in the last 2 weeks we've been to parties, drinking with relatives visiting for the summer, I've had to say no lots to get the 2-3 free nights a week :o

Yeah a tip came through a few weeks ago and is moving. If I do teething stuff right before a feed he seems to sleep. On his second 2 hour nap today :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Little lady here has a cold so was awake nearly every hour on Sunday night so I kicked hubby out of bed into the spare room last night & brought her into bed with me, we both managed to get a little more sleep that way.
    Her Christening is on Sunday so praying she feels better by then!

So we did our three nightly trick mammy routine...every three nights sleeps like a log - only woke once

Good napping during the day also helps

Our guy is very "funny", for a baby that wakes every 2-3 hours he sleeps like the dead for those hours. Last night I had a shower in the en suite while he was asleep on the bed, husband came in to chat to me (apparently what he needed to tell me couldn't wait 5 mins) and as part of his messing about started knocking on the bathroom door and making monkey noises (don't ask) and I was hissing at him to stop or he'd wake the baby, so he danced around the room singing...nothing out of your man flat out on the bed :p

Don't you love how people don't give you your five minutes of peace!

• Advertisement

Hi all, just looking for some advice regarding naps. I've started trying to get him down for naps during the day and we've kind of fallen into a schedule the last few weeks. I've started to recognise his cues but when I bring him up to his cot I can't put him down straight away. I need to hold him for about ten minutes or so and calm him until he's just asleep and then I put him down. As for when I put him down to sleep at night I generally feed him and he drops off. Am I doing right? I don't want to give him habits which I think I might be but I'm not sure what other way to do it. He screams the place down if I put him down awake. Hopefully you might have some advice

Advertisement