Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One (M8) Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

That doesn't surprise me! I've contacted HTC Ireland with the details, but no doubt they'll just tell me the same. So I'm looking at an expensive repair here? Looks like I'll be using it cracked for a while then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Yep I broke my screen, Got it replaced for 140 yoyos

Where did you send it? 140 ... eugh ... expensive slide of the table that was :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

I bought it over the phone pretty much, it was an upgrade. They never sent out any actual receipt, the price of the phone just added to a bill. Would I have to send this to three, and they send it to HTC? I remember having a nightmare in the past trying to get a phone repaired through them

They will have it on record if it was added to your bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

The Screen is not covered by Three or HTC .

HTC informed me that there are only 2 places in Dublin that Three are allowed send the Phone which im not sure can be listed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Having some MAJOR batter trouble in the last week or so. The HTC Service Pack app is using about half of my battery. Used to get about a day and a half, almost 2 days with my battery and recently in the last week I'm barely getting a day out of it.

Anyone else experiencing it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Having some MAJOR batter trouble in the last week or so. The HTC Service Pack app is using about half of my battery. Used to get about a day and a half, almost 2 days with my battery and recently in the last week I'm barely getting a day out of it.

Not the service pack but android kernel is killing my battery last two weeks - going from a comfortable 16 hours with spare life like, to being dead in 9 hours,with no change in usage time or style

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I've had the same trouble in the last few days, only solution was to turn the phone off and back on again, that sorts it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

My battery is draining like mad too. Glad it isn't just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Mars Bar wrote: »
    My battery is draining like mad too. Glad it isn't just me.

Noticed similar myself. Which was the opposite of how the phone used to be

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭inbrodericko

What's a good cheap place to fix it in ireland or uk? It's cracked but the touch screen still works, so would that work out cheaper?

• Advertisement

I sent my M7 to SBE for same issue with a long crack on the screen. SBE warned me that when they sent it to UK, I would be charged for replacing screen. However I received the phone back 2 weeks later with screen and camera replaced and no mention of payment for screen.

Try it, you might be lucky like me.

Are they the best for phone insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Larsso30 wrote: »
    Noticed similar myself. Which was the opposite of how the phone used to be

I assume you ran it for a day in safe mode just to confirm if it was the phone or the apps?

Though I know there are many complaints about the "Update to Google Play Services" bug was back again in 5.0.1 - thankfully that is a bug that Google can fix and roll out through the play store...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

I may be missing something but is there any way of displaying the time and weather or news when the screen times out? I see a daydream option but only seems to work for when phone is charging.

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Yep I broke my screen, Got it replaced for 140 yoyos

Where'd you get it fixed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Where'd you get it fixed?

In a Phone shop in Clane

• Registered Users Posts: 30 bafled

Sometimes when I have a incoming call on my M8 it stays silent and only vibrates even though the ringer volume is up full . Anyone else have this problem or have any ideas for a fix for it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Anyone else having issues with their Facebook feed loading today?
    Was fine yesterday.

Tried WiFi and 4G
    No other app has problem loading data
    Restarted phone twice
    Un-installed & re-installed app

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭jones

What sort of time line are we looking at to get sense 7 on the M8? I know I can root but I don't want to just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

frash wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with their Facebook feed loading today?
    Was fine yesterday.

Tried WiFi and 4G
    No other app has problem loading data
    Restarted phone twice
    Un-installed & re-installed app

Mine is gone balls up too.

Testament1 wrote: »
    Mine is gone balls up too.

Glad it's not just me!

Let me know if you get sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The feed is fine for me, but no infinite scrolling any more. Seems to be capped at a certain number of articles. Sometimes I need to click twice into an article to see the content too (click article, click back, click article again)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I see the google play edition of the m8 got 5.1 today, hopefully other phones will get it shortly.

Facebook seems to be working again for me now.
    Odd.

Edit: Seems they do listen
    "Facebook Help Team
    Thank you for letting us know about a problem you experienced. Your report helped us identify an issue that should now be resolved. If you have a problem again, please submit another report. Sorry for the inconvenience."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Yeah the April 1 version of the FB app stopped loading feeds after a certain point (though it was a few days after the update came out strangely that this issue occurred) There was an update on the 9th (I believe) that fixed it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I'm having an odd issue with tapping or pressing the screen.
    For example, typing now, there are moments when the device will act as if I've tapped the screen, dragged my finger down and opened up a menu or repeatedly hit one area over and over, such as "bbbbb" might appear.

Here's how I solved it. I removed the rubber cover/case that HTC supplies. It seems to have fixed it.

Is it possible that was responsible and secondly, is my phone fine to use without that cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

It usually happens me if there's some smudge or moisture on my screen. I've had my M7 about 2 years and never once had a case on it. Good dart of minor scratches on the aluminium back but nothing that worries me. I work outdoors in construction so not easiest environment on a phone. As long as you take a bit of care of it it'll be fine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hi,

is anyone having problems connecting to Bluetooth devices?

I'm running Viper One M8 v 4.3.0.

I have a Garmin GPS Watch, when I connect via Bluetooth it will connect initially after pairing but eventually, maybe 1 minute later the connection will drop and it won't reconnect until I delete the device and re-pair again, when the same thing will happen.

Obviously this could be a problem with the Garmin either but I'm just trying to isolate the source of the problem. Has anyone had similar problems?

I'm thinking of reverting to stock to see if that solves the problem but I'd really rather not have to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm on Viper 4.3.0 and don't have any bluetooth issues. I'm using bluetooth to connect to my Fitbit and to my hands-free kit in the car.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Thanks Mr. E. I seem to have stumbled on a source of the issue. It seems I need to let the Garmin Connect app do the management of the Bluetooth conneection and not do it through the Android bluetooth settings.

That seems to have improved things, may have been a conflict between the Garmin app and Android both trying to manage the device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I've been informed by our tech department that, as i get work mails etc on my M8 i have to encrypt it.

Easy enough to do but does anybody have any knowledge of advantages/disadvantages of doing this?

Advertisement