Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Serephucus wrote: »
    Probably could have got it from Specialtech... :(

Quick look and I can't find much. I take it something like this isn't on the cards?

Thanks hadnt actually checked there.

Alphacool seem to to PETG tubing also but I dont see that on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

Was looking at OCUK earlier, BFG special edition Titan X is almost 2K.

If I was lucky enough, I honestly still can't fathom that even with unlimited funds, why I would go for such a card. For about 50% of the cost Sli 980 is faster and cheaper, even if you were desperate to wield your e-penis.

Might wanna pay closer attention to the release date of that BFG card. ;):D

Very tempted by the Titan X myself for the sole reason of having a more consistant framerate. I've found that games such as Far Cry 4/Dragon Age have poor SLI profiles and have some microstutter that I'm sensitive to, even with a Gsync monitor. Reverting to a single card (original Titan) all but eliminated that stutter and made for a more enjoyable experience.

Firstly I'm gonna wait for one of those 34" UltraWide gsync monitors to come out and then I'll see what I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Well even at the prices, apparently demand is still very high:
    Even though Nvidia Corp.’s latest high-end graphics card costs more than its predecessors in Europe, demand for the graphics adapter is surprisingly high. According to a German retailer, customers are getting more GeForce GTX Titan X graphics cards than previous-generation products of the same class.

“The demand exceeds the available [hardware],” said a spokesperson of CaseKing.de in an interview with ComputerBase web-site. “We have already [sold] impressive numbers and we are getting new [GeForce GTX Titan X] to the warehouse.”

Mind Factory, another reseller from Germany, confirmed that sales figures of the GeForce GTX Titan X are higher than shipment figures of the original GeForce GTX Titan.

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/demand-for-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-x-is-unexpectedly-high/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

Monotype wrote: »

The problem is that they say “We have already [sold] impressive numbers" - how much is this, 2,5 or 100?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

So Microsoft launched the Surface 3 today. (Not to be confused with the Surface Pro 3)

Basically: 10.8" (1920x1280 3:2) display, 2/4GB RAM, 64/128GB storage, all the stuff the Pro has, looks very much like it externally. The only thing it doesn't have is the pen (sold separately), or the full-range kickstand. This one is a three position yoke.

All of this for $499. Or €609 for Europe. Bull.

Guys, what is a general opinion on those logitech G930 wireless headsets? I am looking for a wireless headset for PC, but if it works with ps4, its only a bonus.

Thing is I found a lot off mixed reviews about g930. Any alternatives for similar price?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Guys, what is a general opinion on those logitech G930 wireless headsets? I am looking for a wireless headset for PC, but if it works with ps4, its only a bonus.

Thing is I found a lot off mixed reviews about g930. Any alternatives for similar price?
    I've had mine for about 3 years now. I love mine. I've had it replaced once as I was getting a buzzing sound while I was charging it but the customer service from them was exceptional. Replaced it without needing me to send the other one back, which I still use on my PS4 since it still works. :D

Really comfortable. A full charge lasts about 7-9 hours for me.
    Range on them is really good. Can easily go from the sitting room, into the kitchen/bedrooms. They only lose signal for me when I reach the other end of my fairly long apartment.
    Once a day or so you'll have them drop signal sitting at your computer but it's completely forgiveable.
    They can be used on the PS4, but only as a stereo headset. You simply plug the same dongle that you use on your PC into the usb slot on the PS4.

Just my 2cents

I've had mine for about 3 years now. I love mine. I've had it replaced once as I was getting a buzzing sound while I was charging it but the customer service from them was exceptional. Replaced it without needing me to send the other one back, which I still use on my PS4 since it still works. :D

Really comfortable. A full charge lasts about 7-9 hours for me.
    Range on them is really good. Can easily go from the sitting room, into the kitchen/bedrooms. They only lose signal for me when I reach the other end of my fairly long apartment.
    Once a day or so you'll have them drop signal sitting at your computer but it's completely forgiveable.
    They can be used on the PS4, but only as a stereo headset. You simply plug the same dongle that you use on your PC into the usb slot on the PS4.

Just my 2cents

They are digital 7.1? I heard you better off with digital, then actual 7.1 speaker setup as its better to have 2 good speakers, then lots of ****y ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

For the day that's in it, techpowerup have reviewed-and overclocked-a vibrator. Only thing missing is temps :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

So I ****ed up. That g930 went up in price again. I needed to buy it yesterday...

Anyway, did some research and looks like best options out there are G930 , Z300 and Corsair H2100. Now I need to monitor internet like a hawk and snap a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

6 months from now I'll be all over one of them.

When I can get a 512GB one for around €250, I'll absolutely pick one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

Any good priced for a 2TB SATA desktop drive atm?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

Looking for some help. Trying to do a fresh install of win 7. I've erased my drive but when using the USB to boot from I get this message after installation starts
    "Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation.
    Error code: 0x80070570"

Is this a problem with the iso I used maybe?
    Anyone point me in the direction of a win 7 iso because Microsoft have stop providing them.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

A better gauge would have Battlefield 4 online. I know they never use it because it's impossible to replicate benchmarks online, but single player benchmarks are essentially worthless.

Most games are GPU bound, I did benchmarks a while ago with a 60 euro G3258 and a GTX980 that showed this. One of the few games that really set it apart from faster processors was 64 player BF4.

Not an unreasonable benchmark given that it and Hardline (and the upcoming Battlefront) dominate a huge part of the hardware intensive market.

Looking for the name of a tool that selects all the programs you want to add after a fresh is install.
    Any help is much appreciate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

MRTULES wrote: »
    Looking for the name of a tool that selects all the programs you want to add after a fresh is install.
    Any help is much appreciate

https://ninite.com/

Most games are GPU bound, I did benchmarks a while ago with a 60 euro G3258 and a GTX980 that showed this. One of the few games that really set it apart from faster processors was 64 player BF4.

And Star Citizen. Went from 13 FPS to 40 going from a 3258 to a 4790K. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Looking for some help. Trying to do a fresh install of win 7. I've erased my drive but when using the USB to boot from I get this message after installation starts
    "Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation.
    Error code: 0x80070570"

Is this a problem with the iso I used maybe?
    Anyone point me in the direction of a win 7 iso because Microsoft have stop providing them.

Thanks in advance.

A google of that error code leads me to believe it is an issue with Windows not recognising your hardware. Plenty of possible solutions out there, give it a google.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

So the 780ti from OcUK has been delayed.

I am thinking about just going for a 970 and have made up my mind on the Giga 970 G1 (it just fits in to my case (FT-02) with 1cm to spare from a picture on OCN)

Amazon have it cheapest at £297 but not in stock until the 18th.

HWS have it in stock at around the same price.

You guys always recommend them but are they a hassle to deal with sending back stuff? In the last 10 years i have always bought from the UK

Do they pay the postage costs for RMA?

Cheers lads. I need a card for GTA5 as i sold my 680 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Thanks in advance.

The guys from the OcUK use this site (not used it myself)

http://46.165.222.204/Windows%207/Eng/

or using microsoft

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery

Thanks for the help guys. Got it sorted. Not sure which one fixed it but it was either resetting the BIOS or removing a stick of ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I ordered 64gb of corsair 2133mhz ddr3 on ebay over the weekend.. for 250 euro, but the seller cancelled due to a pricing error (no ****).

Pity they can cancel like that really, but that's the way I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Linus is having a fun day clearly:

https://instagram.com/p/1eMqreSbGq/

• Registered Users Posts: 53,868 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Pity its seagate

• Advertisement

You know you're doing well when you can fill a whole server with SSDs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement