Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-Men Apocalypse

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ben Hardy (Eastenders Peter Beale) is cast in unspecified role.

He is playing Angel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

I don't think that's been confirmed yet but it is likely I suppose.

What I find strange is that they've been open about every casting but this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Not confirmed but seems likely thats who. Especially since there was that picture heavily implying Angels return. Probably just keeping it quiet because hell be most Archangel?

Condor and McPhee were just named as Jubilee and Nighcrawler. I guess its the horseman link keeping Hardys job quiet?

Confirmed now Hardy is Angel.

I wonder how long before people get confused over Angel and Jubilee appearing in this film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

hubba hubba.... I was already going... but i like the extra incentive..! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The Munn in the X-Men universe! What a day to be alive!

Olivia-Munn_Dance_an.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

She'll look the part. Unfortunately, like the Kristen Stewart meme, Munn tends to have the exact same expression on her face the entire time, whether happy, sad or angry. She was pretty awful in The Newsroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Bad Horse wrote: »
    She'll look the part. Unfortunately, like the Kristen Stewart meme, Munn tends to have the exact same expression on her face the entire time, whether happy, sad or angry. She was pretty awful in The Newsroom.

I actually thought she was one of the best aspects of The Newsroom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Otacon wrote: »
    I actually thought she was one of the best aspects of The Newsroom.

I liked her character and she had some great lines, but same exact expression on her face pretty much the whole time. The only difference in her face between being happy and being sad were tears. Only sign she was angry was the volume of her voice increased. Other than that, same expression on her face.

Maybe that's how she was asked or decided to play it, as I haven't really seen her in anything else, but in over 20 episodes of The Newsroom, same expression almost the entire time.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭chanelfreak

Inclined to agree with you on that - she really only has the one expression. Still, I'm liking the fact that Psylocke will be in this episode, she is definitely one of my favourite characters from the X-Men universe. And Munn does look kind of like how I'd always visualised Psylocke too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

No Gambit in Apocalypse according to Tatum. Says he doesn't want to introduce him until you fully know who the character is. I think it's a good decision, one negative I have with Marvel is the introduction of really good characters but just thrown into storylines.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Can set photos be posted here?

McPhee, Condor, Sheridan & Turner filmed at Montreal mall and theres photos of them in costume?

Is that ok to post

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Hells yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,299 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Nice haircut.

11249253_638997389563854_49037563_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

is it true this is suppose to be the last of the current x men series ?

ricero wrote: »
    is it true this is suppose to be the last of the current x men series ?

Supposedly but it doesnt seem clear. Fassbender and McAvoy have been vague about returning but seem willing. Hoult & Lawrence have ruled themselves out however.

Also considering how young McPhee, Turner, Sheridan and the newest additions are I could see them willing to stay through the next phase aswell.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'd be surprised if they don't get a few films out of the new additions. I mean Sinister is surely a gimme after Apocalypse?

With Fassbender and McEvoy I'd say they were just contracted for 3 films and thus the uncertainty. Offer them the right money and I'm sure they'll keep going.

Not surprised if Lawrence wanted out genuinely but I'd be surprised if Hoult would turn down a solid gig, that is unless he's sick of it at this stage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well Hoult and Lawrence themselves both endured the most makeup time so stands to reason they'd get sick of those 5am starts to be plastered with blue paint.

Must say, of the myriad of superhero flicks out there, the xmen films still keep my interest, and I'd swear the lack of a shared universe is part of it. DoFP was a better, more thrilling ensemble movie than Avengers 2 was.

DofP and The Wolverine were fantastic films.

Singer has confirmed we will get Caliban in Apocalypse. Almost certainly he will be one of the Horsemen alongside Angel/Archangel.

Also with the Morlock Angel Dust appearing in Deadpool we could see Caliban cameo in Deadpool. They are probably going to start entwining and expanding the universe.

Xmen1.jpg

Interesting Cyke is combatting Storm in some of the concept art while Jean hides. Some form of training or could Storm be the final horseman?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Did Pepsi pay to have their logo on the concept art?

Dear god theres another Magic Mike thing with Tatum a stripper. Kinda makes me fear Gambit will just be a shirtless Twilightesque character aimed at teen girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Dear god theres another Magic Mike thing with Tatum a stripper. Kinda makes me fear Gambit will just be a shirtless Twilightesque character aimed at teen girls.

Rupert Wyatt has been confirmed as director, he did Rise of the Planet Of the Apes which gives me hope

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

I have time for Channing Tatum if hes cast correctly. Gambit though... not really

• Advertisement

Unsuprisingly Singer has pretty much confirmed that Apocalypse will mark a new beginning for the X-Men-verse and the younger group will spearhead things. I really like how they have rebooted things here rather than binning what was they embraced it and continued on a different route.

Advertisement