Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Hi guys, I changed some settings on the permanent time shift and now my box is stuck on boot, it gets as far as "load 99" and then start, and then it green screens me. I have it connected to my laptop via dcc and I can get access to it thru ftp. Its Zardoz's image.
    What can i do to stop this.
    thanks in advance
    Might be very hard to figure out exactly what's causing it and without ftp working it makes things even more complicated. A reflash of the image would be the easiest thing to do IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Hi guys, I changed some settings on the permanent time shift and now my box is stuck on boot, it gets as far as "load 99" and then start, and then it green screens me. I have it connected to my laptop via dcc and I can get access to it thru ftp. Its Zardoz's image.
    What can i do to stop this.
    thanks in advance

I'd say ftp in and delete the permanent timeshift folder in usr/lib/enigma 2/python/extensions/plugins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Might be very hard to figure out exactly what's causing it and without ftp working it makes things even more complicated. A reflash of the image would be the easiest thing to do IMO.

hi.
    I just got it sorted, I deleted the permanent timeshift folder by ftp.
    How do i get permanent timeshift back now lol

hi.
    I just got it sorted, I deleted the permanent timeshift folder by ftp.
    How do i get permanent timeshift back now lol

Good to hear, I misread your post and thought you couldn't access ftp. If you go to olugins, press green, you'll find pts under the utilities tab.

its not in there,. or under any other of the menus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Zardoz

its not in there,.

Here you go

Zardoz wrote: »
    Here you go

legend...thanks:)

and thanks freshpots too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

deezell wrote: »
    Check that Webif plugin is running. Check that it's Http access is on. It also can use https access. This may be on or not. Check network configuration to ensure you have the correct IP and subnet mask. Check your router devices on the router web interface to see that the device is showing on the list. Are you using DHCP or have you given the box a fixed IP. If fixed, make sure it was not already allocated, http would go to the first device in this case. Best way to fix an IP is to use DHCP to get a free one then turn off DHCP on the box. The IP will stick. is Rte player working? EDIT; If you fix the IP, be aware that the router may still allocate it elsewhere when the box is switched off. A mobile phone, tablet, anything can grab it. Switch the box back on and it doesn't know the IP is already gone. You will still get compromised connectivity, the router will accept data packets from the box and respond to it's MAC address, but an HTTP request to this IP will be bound to the MAC address of the device which has been alloctaed it when it was free on the router (while the box was off). You need to check your router keeps IP addresses bound to the device even when the device is off. It varies with router brands how this is done. Some store a device list, which can get crowded with visiting phones and redundant devices (old xboxes and the like), some use IP reservation tables.

Wow cheers for that, my poor little brain just curled up and died at all that technical info! Will give it a go when I get home and see what happens, if not I will try reflashing it in case I have some settings wrong

Ok not sure how or why but I went through all the settings on the box and in the network mounts I discovered my router and laptop had both been given the same ip on the box. Deleted the router one and streaming is working fine, I think I messed around with the settings when I was trying to figure out how to see the external drive of my box on my laptop, that's still not sorted but at least the streaming is, thanks for all the help and advice as usual

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

you should be able to view the hdd on your laptop on the network tab on your windows explorer its the sharing settings you need to alter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Is there an easy way for a numpty like myself to play on the tv what is playing onscreen on my android tablet??

I think I've read before that this is possible, if there is could someone go easy on me in the explanation! Lol

This would be a right bonus.

Many thanks in advance

once your on the same network go onto the ip of your box and play it via open webif

not certain re tablet . vlc works on laptop

I can get into webif on tablet, don't know where to go from there thats all.... Status, config etc etc......

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

Imstuck wrote: »
    I can get into webif on tablet, don't know where to go from there thats all.... Status, config etc etc......

I use an app on my android phone called DreamDroid, you can do lots of stuff with it, I find streaming HD particularly, is poor but that is quite likely the processing power of my phone.
    There are a few apps to play with
    Edit: you need to install VLC as well for streaming

As bappelbe says try dreamdroid. Or in the browser go to the ip of the box. Sounds like you are in the oscam interface if you can see status and config etc. You need to leave off the :8888.

go onto the station and click the little tv on the right stick to sd channels

Nowso wrote: »
    you should be able to view the hdd on your laptop on the network tab on your windows explorer its the sharing settings you need to alter

Any easy to explain way to do this for someone like myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I found that Samba might not be configured by default. Simply go BLUE PANEL>MOUNT CENTER>SMB SERVER. Don't need to change any settings simply hit RUN (green) and SAVE (red) You might need to reboot the box. It should show up under network on your windows explorer as SPARK 7162 or similar.

Right fellas I'm in openwebif, how do I get it to stream?

Under stream on bottom left of options it just has 'movies' with a box I can tick with an option of zap before stream??

Right fellas I'm in openwebif, how do I get it to stream?

Under stream on bottom left of options it just has 'movies' with a box I can tick with an option of zap before stream??

As nowso says click on the telly icon beside the channel you want to stream.

• Advertisement

Doh!!
    Thanks guys!!

Just a black screen, would this work on iPad as this is what I'm currently trying to do....

As nowso says click on the telly icon beside the channel you want to stream.

not there no
    in the main at the top left select tv then go to bouquets or satellites select the one then select the channel and hit box

It's trying to stream but just a black screen, ideas?

'Cannot decode' displayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 soberasajudge

Lads,
    Having recording issues. When I record a program, I can only watch a different program in the same bouquet e.g. record BBC1(entertainment), cannot watch the travel channel(lifestyle). I have both tuners connected and set to 28.2E . Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,573 ✭✭✭deezell

It's trying to stream but just a black screen, ideas?

When you click on the little telly icon the following file is downloaded , stream.m3u this is just a text file containg the actual stream details, typical example:
    #EXTM3U
    #EXTVLCOPT--http-reconnect=true
    #EXTVLCOPT:program=1102
    http://192.168.1.80:8001/1:0:19:44E:3E9:2174:EEEE0000:0:0:0:
    The line at the bottom is a URL to the box, the numbers after the hyphen are the channel ID of the channel you clicked to stream. When you click the icon you may get a choice of which media player to use to play the content. It may also just default to windows media player, which might just sit there with a blank screen. My experience is that VLC player is the only one that seems to work, on an ancient enough laptop. you can right click on the icon and save the .m3u file. You can then open VLC or another media player and use File/Open to open this file/stream, sometimes this seems to work better. I also found that on an android phone I seldom got webif streaming to open, and it didn't offer VLC as a choice of player. The dreamdroid app which is substantially the same worked every time, especially when VLC was chosen. Finally, if you are trying to stream on a device that is not on the same local network, a phone for example connected to the internet via its own data rather than the same local network that the box is on. You need to to do the following. Assuming you can see webIf on you device, this means that your router is passing the WebIf interface to the outside world, the WAN. This can happen automatically if the box is the only device on your network that has an HTTP interface using port 80. However, the stream needs to go out on port 8001, and this may need to be setup in the router to forward traffic out of the box from the internal ip of the box at port 8001 to the external ip of the box at port8001. This allows you to see streams outside of your own network, but unless you have a fairly high upload speed, about 2Mb/s, the results will be rubbish anyway. EDIT. On an Ipad you would have Quicktime as the default player. I couldn't get a response when choosing Quicktime for windows, I dont have an Apple device to test.

Lads,
    Having recording issues. When I record a program, I can only watch a different program in the same bouquet e.g. record BBC1(entertainment), cannot watch the travel channel(lifestyle). I have both tuners connected and set to 28.2E . Any ideas?

Travel channel is on Transponder frequency 12551500 V, Many of the BBC Ones are on 10817500 V or 10802750 H. This will require the two tuners to have seperate feeds from the LNB to tune. If you have only one feed looped to both tuners than you can only record and watch different programs which use the same TP and Polarity. The Terrestrial tuner is seperate from this.

deezell wrote: »
    Travel channel is on Transponder frequency 12551500 V, Many of the BBC Ones are on 10817500 V or 10802750 H. This will require the two tuners to have seperate feeds from the LNB to tune. If you have only one feed looped to both tuners than you can only record and watch different programs which use the same TP and Polarity. The Terrestrial tuner is seperate from this.

No, have two separate feeds from the LNB, both set to 28.2E. Running FP's Hyp4.5 BTW, if that helps.

No, have two separate feeds from the LNB, both set to 28.2E. Running FP's Hyp4.5 BTW, if that helps.

In emu manager is ca1-cao thing set to disabled? It needs to be.

In emu manager is ca1-cao thing set to disabled? It needs to be.

Hi FP,
    No, set to enabled, as per another forum where such things can be spoken about! I'll try that, cheers!

• Advertisement

Only thing I can think of is that the tuners are looped in services setup, so both are using a single feed, I know that the information pane on channel select shows abc for terrestrial/Sat1/Sat2, I assume record one watch another is achieved by automatically selecting the second tuner. You have to tell it if it has two feeds, otherwise it ignores the second one. you can test this by pulling out one or the other, check if it goes off both b and c or just one. I've only one at the moment till I run another cable, but i'll have a fiddle with the settings.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement