Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian Open 2015

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

RosyLily wrote: »
    Too funny!! I've spent a bit too long trying to figure out what she's saying. Her and Andy are a good match!:pac:

One looked something like "F*** you, you f***ing Czech f***er". :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Ooooh, major burn if that's true. Didn't know Kim had it in her. She always seems so polite!

Nice to see Murray in another Grand Slam final. Good post-match interview as well. Brutally honest at times, I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,016 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

One looked something like "F*** you, you f***ing Czech f***er". :eek:

https://twitter.com/search?q=kim%20sears&src=typd

Has she been watching The Thick Of It:eek:

I dunno what to say, still haven't recovered from the Makarova performance.

She was so bad, I want those minutes back and an apology from her on this forum, make it happen mods.

Thanks.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Murray was fantastic there. Really dominated proceedings against an in form Berdych. Looks like Murray is back to his 2013 form. Will obviously be tough against (probably) Novak in the final but he has a chance to make it fourth time lucky in Australia if he plays like he did today.

RosyLily wrote: »
    Ooooh, major burn if that's true. Didn't know Kim had it in her. She always seems so polite!

Nice to see Murray in another Grand Slam final. Good post-match interview as well. Brutally honest at times, I like it.

She just seemed really wound up about it all. I don't know if there was something else going on or if she was just really feeling it today?

I loved Murray's interview after the match, he's one of the few men who don't necessarily give the standard "please like me" answers. He basically gave a big F*** You to everyone with today's one and I like him even more for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I loved Murray's interview after the match, he's one of the few men who don't necessarily give the standard "please like me" answers. He basically gave a big F*** You to everyone with today's one and I like him even more for it.
    Missed the post match interview. What did he say?

Murray's victory means the classic top four of the past five years or so has been restored. Top four on Monday morning will consist of Novak, Rafa, Roger and Andy.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/search?q=kim%20sears&src=typd

Has she been watching The Thick Of It:eek:

I dunno what to say, still haven't recovered from the Makarova performance.

She was so bad, I want those minutes back and an apology from her on this forum, make it happen mods.

Thanks.:)

I'll see what I can do!:pac: Tbf, I'd like an apology too. Hideous play for a Grand Slam SF.

I think someone on Twitter has cracked the Sears swear: "F***ing have that/it, you f***ing Czech f***." Hahaha!

Some of Murray's comments post-match: http://www.si.com/tennis/2015/01/29/australian-open-day-11-results. He also mentioned about how people focused on Dani being Team Berdy.

Edit: I'd say the interview should be on Youtube.

Pighead wrote: »
    Missed the post match interview. What did he say?

Murray's victory means the classic top four of the past five years or so has been restored. Top four on Monday morning will consist of Novak, Rafa, Roger and Andy.

He was asked first about the tension between the two camps given that his former coach is now working with Berdych. He said he and Dani have been friends since they were 15 and that all the drama the media were stirring up was unnecessary and a little unfair. Basically he was saying they were all s**t stirrers and he didn't appreciate it one bit.

Then he was asked about what Amelie brings to his game as a coach and he just said that there was a lot of criticism when he hired her and he thinks these past 2 weeks have shown what they can do together and he mentioned Davenport coaching Keys to her best ever Slam performance so maybe now people can accept that women can coach. He also said Mauresmo was very brave in agreeing to work with him, obviously knowing what the reaction would be, and he hoped he'd be able to repay her for that on Sunday.

Could be emotional if Murray wins on Sunday. Hopefully it's 4th time lucky!

It's funny, I've gone from hating Murray to not really minding one way or t'other to actively cheering for him. Obviously it's much easier to cheer for him if the commentators aren't British.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It's funny, I've gone from hating Murray to not really minding one way or t'other to actively cheering for him. Obviously it's much easier to cheer for him if the commentators aren't British.

Going to be difficult to find an English speaking Serb doing commentary unfortunately. Much as I enjoy Frew, volume will be off for the final.

Not sure if this link will work but .... https://t.co/WHp4Kh6d1n

Make sure you put the sound on. But only if you're on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 willow46

Just watched replay of Maria's match…. why does she take so long to serve? Very frustrating for an opponent….

willow46 wrote: »
    Just watched replay of Maria's match…. why does she take so long to serve? Very frustrating for an opponent….

It's just her routine, she must be within the time limit or she'd be getting defaulted every turn around.

It's just her routine, she must be within the time limit or she'd be getting defaulted every turn around.

She takes the piss and Makarova was seething about it today, and rightfully so as if it wasn't as if she needed to as Makarova was playing so ****e.

For what its worth, pretty much everyone does it, their is no consequences so can't really blame them sadly, berdych was no better than Maria tbh.

Nadal is probably the worst on the tour overall, he gets a warning once in a blue moon but that's it really.

She takes the piss and Makarova was seething about it today, and rightfully so as if it wasn't as if she needed to as Makarova was playing so ****e.

Yeah but if she was to stop doing it when she's cruising through a match then it could be questioned when she starts doing it again in a tougher match, it would be time wasting then. It's like the noise she makes. It's constant so it's not considered a hindrance, by the rules of the game.

Yeah but if she was to stop doing it when she's cruising through a match then it could be questioned when she starts doing it again in a tougher match, it would be time wasting then. It's like the noise she makes. It's constant so it's not considered a hindrance, by the rules of the game.

Yeah that is fair enough, she was at it today but so was Berdych. Its one of those things people should ignore as everyone does it, if anything its pretty amateur of Makarova to be getting so annoyed, it happens deal with it and I'd be shocked if she didn't do it as well.

Maybe that is where she went wrong today?:eek:

Apart from showing up as well. :P

Yeah that is fair enough, she was at it today but so was Berdych. Its one of those things people should ignore as everyone does it, if anything its pretty amateur of Makarova to be getting so annoyed, it happens deal with it and I'd be shocked if she didn't do it as well.

Maybe that is where she went wrong today?:eek:

Apart from showing up as well. :P

Yeah, there are certain players that you should know what to expect from them. If you're getting annoyed about something they've been doing to everyone for years it's probably more down to you than them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Murray you legend!!!

Hope this will finally be his year for the Australian.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Delighted Murray won, really hope he can win it now. Would be great to see him back at that level when I think a lot of people were writing him off. Would be great for Amelie too, not that she'd get any credit of course. Really hope Wawrinka beats Djokovic as well, would make for a much more interesting final.

So Serena-Maria.... what way do we see that going? :D

• Advertisement

Yeah, there are certain players that you should know what to expect from them. If you're getting annoyed about something they've been doing to everyone for years it's probably more down to you than them.

And more importantly if you make it so obvious that it is upsetting you, expect Maria and the other top players continue to do it when they play her in the later stages of a Slam.

And more importantly if you make it so obvious that it is upsetting you, expect Maria and the other top players continue to do it when they play her in the later stages of a Slam.

Exactly, it's all mind games. It may be bugging the crap out of you but by showing that you're showing them it's working. It's amazing how much the mental side of things can play a role in these matches.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Delighted Murray won, really hope he can win it now. Would be great to see him back at that level when I think a lot of people were writing him off. Would be great for Amelie too, not that she'd get any credit of course. Really hope Wawrinka beats Djokovic as well, would make for a much more interesting final.

If Serena brings her A game.....then I expect Sharapova will come in third!

Painfully!!:mad: But I'll probably watch it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,549 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I probably have slagged of Sharapova worse than most here, and some will say I am not giving her enough credit for this performance but this Makarova performance is absolutely painful to watch. She has been in a semi and quarter final before and is experienced so its very hard to muster any pity for her.

Maria? She has played well and done what she needs to do, but while she will be glad to get through without breaking a sweat its not exactly ideal preparation for Serena.

I didnt see much of the womens draw but from what I did the standard of tennis was very poor.

Halep and Bouchard didnt turn up in the quarters ,Makarova today was rubbish .
    Nerves and temperament is a huge part of the female game ,too many players that when off form are really poor.

If Serena were fit she'd blow Sharapova off the court in the final ,she is far and away the best female player .
    I think she has a head cold but I still expect her to beat the Banshee.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

The way nadal has to pull his underpants out of his bum crack continuously is the single most annoying thing in tennis.and a close second is andy Murray and Tsonga among others repeatedly having to get the towel to wipe their brow after playing a point. For ****s sake work up a sweat man!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭lazza14

You on drugs or what ?

Murray Wavrinka would be 3-0 Murray ... snoozefest, Murray Djokovic on the other hand would go the distance ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Watched the game last night (I live in Oz) fantastic game, some really good shots, Murray destroyed him in 2nd set. He looks a lot mentally tougher than before.
    I hope he wins outright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭lazza14

hussey wrote: »
    Watched the game last night (I live in Oz) fantastic game, some really good shots, Murray destroyed him in 2nd set. He looks a lot mentally tougher than before.
    I hope he wins outright.

Agree , he has really come back to his best - but I hope Djoker wins :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Don't like Murry. He is a petulant entitled asshole. I hate the way he sneers at players after he wins a big point or a set. Almost as bad as Sharapova's screeching. Also absolutely sick of this 'one of the all time greats' nonsense spouted by British commentators. Winning two grand slams makes you an all time great? Can't stand him, his mother or his fiancé. Bunch of bankers with a W.

Advertisement