Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

Glad to hear baby trace is ok. Thats tough going for you all the same, the constant worry when bp is up so much. Hopefully this is the last wknd of it for you... Eyes on the prize now from here on in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Well I'm admitted in for obs and 24hr urine collection. If it's positive for protein they induce tomorrow, otherwise they induce monday. Definitely on the count down now

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

Wow, best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Best of luck Mirrorwall. Home stretch now x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Good luck mirrorwall. Will be thinking of you on the last stretch. Glad to hear all the Jan babies are doing well. I thought I'd just drop by and say hello. We had our little naming ceremony for our little angel Max last Friday. It was just how we wanted it- just closest family and friends and really personal. We were still able to hold him and everyone got to cuddle him and see how amazing and perfect he was which meant a lot to us. Part of the ceremony was everyone reading a page from The Adam's cloud book 'before you sleep' It was so special but hugely emotional. We then brought him home for a night and told him everything we felt for him and had hoped for him before putting him into his little coffin on Saturday and driving him across the country to be buried with my Dad. At the buriel we read a poem and released 50 brightly coloured balloons into the sky.

We came home on Sunday and have just been hibernating ever since. We're focusing on eating healthily and getting lots of fresh air and excercise. I'm healing well and apart from a bit of a headache and some twinges have no real pain.

I still don't think I've accepted what's happened. I still expect to wake up and it's all been a bad dream. Sometimes I even doubt whether I was ever pregnabt at all or was it all one long dream. We still have his little Moses basket in the living room and keep his bedroom door open so it doesn't become a ghost in the house. Although we will never replace him the only consolation I can think of is getting pregnant straight away. Went to the doctor yesterday and he has said he doesn't see any reason I can't try if we can cope emotionally. It took 18 months to get pregnant with Max so really hoping not to have to go through that waiting again.

My husband remains amazing- it's incredible how much closer we've become. We walk and hug and just talk for hours. We really are determined that Max's little life and all this pain will mean something positive, that it will strengthen our relationship and when we do eventually have a little brother or sister for him I think it will allow us to keep everything in perspective and to appreciate every second and every cry and every sleepless night.

Best of luck to all the rest of the mammies due in Jan and to all the new babies. Thanks again for all the kind messages over our time in the hospital- they were a real comfort. Xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Thanks so much for keeping us updated thumpette yourself and Max cross my mind most days and I wonder how you are doing.

I am so glad to hear you have great support in your hubbie its all you need at this time.

Having a really bad day with little miss today. The crying literally hasn't stopped. She's fed winded has pooed and I have walked the floors with her. She's now lying awake in her crib quiet. Hasn't slept since before 6. I wish she could just tell me what's wrong!! :(:(

Thumpette so lovely to hear from you and thank you for the update. You've been on my mind. Keep looking after yourselves x

Lashes that sucks almightily, hopefully you got some sleep in the end?

I've done a u turn on the basis that I've had absolutely no sleep. Let me go home and I'll happily come back monday! BPs have been totally fine since admitted. Poor girl on the ward has been stuck at 1cm since yesterday evening and cried most of the night. Two admissions during the night and the midwives/nurse people were not quiet. I'm not a fan of having graduated to the 'pending delivery' section of Monica's, it's way quieter up the other end!

Just up now feeding mirrorwall it's the helplessness that's the hardest she was crying for something and I had no idea what!!

Are you back home??

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Just up now feeding mirrorwall it's the helplessness that's the hardest she was crying for something and I had no idea what!!

Are you back home??

I can just imagine!! Nope, don't finish 24hr collection until 1230 so defo not out before then anyways. I've just changed my mind from kinda hoping they'd just induce to hell with it, to let me go home and sleep first!!

• Advertisement

Thumpette thanks so much for sharing with us. Max is a lovely name. I wish you all the best with the pregnancy journey and hope it happens quickly for you. I know two other people who lost their babies and they went on to successfully have other children almost immediately afterwards. So fingers crossed you will have your day xxx
    Lashes hope your little one has settled and you are still sane, it can be tough. Would it be a growth spurt? Classic sighs are that they don't seem to know what they want. We have had two growth spurts here.
    Mirrorwall I dont envy you. I left the hospital as soon as I was allowed because it is such a noisy place. Get your husband to bring in ear plugs!
    Only one week left in January! It seemed like our month would never arrive and now it's almost over!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

Thumpette you are an amazing woman. Your last update had me balling again - I think about you all the time - usually if I'm having a difficult few hours with the little man, I can put things into perspective and thank every bone in my body that he is here and safe with me. The ceremony sounded beautiful and very fitting for your perfect Angel.

Hopefully 2015 will bring a brother or sister for little Max, will be praying for you xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

thumpette your strength of character amazes me . I hope when I face difficult times I can face them as you have . max really couldn't gave picked a better mum!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Thanks again for the lovely messages. I don't think I have any particular strength. You don't know what you're capable of until you need to access that inner strength and then I suspect most people have it in them. I just hope most people don't ever have to face the circumstances where that strength is needed. I feel like we either need to sink or swim and it would disrespect Max's memory if we were to let this destroy us. It's so important to us that we come out of this stronger- although we know we'll always carry this heart break with us.

Just wanted to share a little photo of Max with anyone who would like to see it. This was taken by the feilicean photographer and means the whole world to us. I won't leave it up too long.

He is beautiful. Perfect. Thanks for sharing xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

What a gorgeous, perfect baby - what a fabulous service that is! I'm so sorry you've had this experience but happy you have such lovely keepsakes so you can show his brothers and sisters how lovely their big brother was xxx

What a fabulous beautiful little man you created Thumpette. Again you have me bawling and again I am totally in awe of your strength and ability to share your experience with us. I am so glad you have beautiful pictures to cherish and share with his brothers and sisters of the future xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Thumpette wrote: »
    Thanks again for the lovely messages. I don't think I have any particular strength. You don't know what you're capable of until you need to access that inner strength and then I suspect most people have it in them. I just hope most people don't ever have to face the circumstances where that strength is needed. I feel like we either need to sink or swim and it would disrespect Max's memory if we were to let this destroy us. It's so important to us that we come out of this stronger- although we know we'll always carry this heart break with us.

Just wanted to share a little photo of Max with anyone who would like to see it. This was taken by the feilicean photographer and means the whole world to us. I won't leave it up too long.

Thumpette you are a true inspiration. X

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

He is so beautiful Thumpette, he's so perfect. Sorry for your loss x

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

What a beautiful and perfect little boy. I'm so so sorry for your loss Thumpette, for you and your husband. I'm at a loss really what to say to you but you've got tremendous spirit and Max obviously has amazing parents and I'm sure he knew he was very very loved. Bless you all, I'll keep you in my prayers xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

A beautiful little boy Thumpette. I really have no idea of what ye are going through but my thoughts are with you and your family. Take care x

A beautiful little boy. Much love to you and your husband x

just perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deedless

What a gorgeous little boy. Thank you for sharing such lovely pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Thumpette he really is just perfect x

Anyone recommend an app /website for their developmental milestones??

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend an app /website for their developmental milestones??

Yep - the wonder weeks. Costs a few euro but well worth it!

good luck today mirrorwall!

Was just coming on to post the same bobskii!! How are you getting on with your little lady?? Did you get bcg the other day? How was it?
    Best of luck mirrorwall

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

Wishing you the best of luck Mirrorwall!

Advertisement