Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Money taken out of my account earlier. Still not showing up as from the RWC though. But around the same amount as the cost of the tickets I've applied for.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭hermano

collie0708 wrote: »
    Has anyone used viagogo before??? If the tickets have no been issued yet how do they gaurentee you get them and when woul they be delivered???

You just print them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

hermano wrote: »
    You just print them off.

Not so sure on that one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Got tickets for Ireland & France game! I'm happy out!! The misses is Welsh so we're gonna stay with her sister! Probably gonna travel 2-3 days before and after match do a bit of family stuff too

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ColmBr

Booking.Com still has availability in Caerphilly and Newport, both very close to Cardiff. Stayed in Newport for a HC final, it was grand for transport.

Got a place in Cardiff on Booking.com. Only 25 min walk from the Millenium. Thanks a mil for the heads up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ColmBr

Does anybody have a link to the photo of where the different categories of seating are in the stadium for the IRE FRA match? I remember seeing it before but cant really memorise what it looked like.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

ColmBr wrote: »
    Does anybody have a link to the photo of where the different categories of seating are in the stadium for the IRE FRA match? I remember seeing it before but cant really memorise what it looked like.

allblackstours.com/rwc-home/tournament-details/millenium-stadium/

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Fairly p1ssed off I got nothing, zilch, nada on the ticket ballot. Was planning to travel over with my daughter to the Italy game, back home and head back again solo to the French game. I've a buddy in London with whom I can stay. All a bit up in the air now but its early days yet. Not a big fan of Cardiff on match day. Can get VERY messy. Have travelled to London and headed to Cardiff a few times and headed back to London a couple of hours after the game. Trip is always fairy lively.

First world problems eh ...!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭CZ 453

garbanzo wrote: »
    Fairly p1ssed off I got nothing, zilch, nada on the ticket ballot. Was planning to travel over with my daughter to the Italy game, back home and head back again solo to the French game. I've a buddy in London with whom I can stay. All a bit up in the air now but its early days yet. Not a big fan of Cardiff on match day. Can get VERY messy. Have travelled to London and headed to Cardiff a few times and headed back to London a couple of hours after the game. Trip is always fairy lively.

First world problems eh ...!

Did you apply for the lower Category tickets? They were the hardest to get. Can you try either of the other 2 games?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Just got informed that I've tickets to:

Ire v Can - CAT D
    Ire v Rom - CAT D
    QF3 - CAT C

I've looked up flights and they all seem fairly reasonable IMO, considering we've friends living in Newport so that'll be the base for the two Cardiff games anyway. Flying to Bristol or even London would probably be ok.

Just looking at a drive/ferry option to Hollyhead and it'd work out at just over €100 a head for 4 people travelling.

Excited!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Finally money taken from account this morning, was getting worried there for a while!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Johnny Cash taken today...fair chunk of change

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭hermano

Anyone have any luck with accommodation for the q/f weekend in Cardiff? Got something for Sunday but can't find anything for Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

hermano wrote: »
    Anyone have any luck with accommodation for the q/f weekend in Cardiff? Got something for Sunday but can't find anything for Saturday

Sunday seems fine but Saturday is so busy. Are all the hotels already on sale? or even the hostels?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 TMOrules

hey....can anyone tell me when the real time sale of remaining tickets is going to happen?....the RWC website says november but i cant find any on sale on there website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Trying to book flights on sky scanner for the weekend of the QF. There is flights up for 153e but I go to book I keep getting an error. Is this because they are not up the are lingus website itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

TMOrules wrote: »
    hey....can anyone tell me when the real time sale of remaining tickets is going to happen?....the RWC website says november but i cant find any on sale on there website

Yeah was hoping in get a few cheeky tickets but nothing up yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

Trying to book flights on sky scanner for the weekend of the QF. There is flights up for 153e but I go to book I keep getting an error. Is this because they are not up the are lingus website itself?

Aer Lingus site won't let you book past 30th September 2015 at the moment...maybe that's the error?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

I applied for the 2 quarter finals for Cardiff, got the sunday day tickets and not the saturday night. I applied for the D tickets and clicked yes to be upgraded for the C. I can now assume that all C and D are sold, did anyone apply for C and ask to be upgraded and not get tickets, i am just trying to work out when tickets go on general sale in november what categories are left.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Just received this

We know you applied for tickets in September and we really want you to be part of Rugby World Cup 2015, so we are now offering you an exclusive opportunity to purchase remaining tickets before they go back on general sale.

Tickets will be sold real time, on a first come first served basis. Once released, matches will remain on sale until they have sold out. Your priority window to choose from the best of the remaining tickets is as follows:
    • 10:00 GMT Monday November 24 - Matches in Pools A and B featuring teams including Australia, South Africa, Scotland and Wales

• 10:00 GMT Tuesday November 25 - Matches in Pools C and D featuring Argentina, France, Ireland and New Zealand and remaining knock out matches. Matches in Pools A and B wi th tickets available will also remain on sale
    Any remaining tickets from all four Pools will go on general sale from 12:00 GMT on Friday November 28.

In advance of November 24, we will contact you with further details of which matches and price categories will be going back on sale.
    We hope you are able to take advantage of this opportunity and we look forward to welcoming you to the Tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Legion2008

Hmmmm I got a different message are they staggering the process .....

To show our appreciation for you applying for tickets in September, we are offering you an exclusive opportunity to purchase additional RWC 2015 tickets before they go on general sale.

Tickets will be sold real time, on a first come first served basis and you will have a 48 hour priority window from 10:00 GMT Wednesday November 26 to choose from the best of the remaining tickets.

Any tickets remaining after that will then go on general sale from 12:00 GMT Friday November 28.

In advance of November 26 we will contact you with further details of which matches and price categories will be going back on sale.

We hope you are able to take advantage of this exciting opportunity and we look forward to welcoming you to the Tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

I got the latter message and got tickets in the ballot. I'm assuming you didn't get any tickets pc7, hence why you're getting priority?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

I think youre right exiled.....I didnt get any tickets at all in the first round of applications so i got the same message as pc7

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I got the latter message and got tickets in the ballot. I'm assuming you didn't get any tickets pc7, hence why you're getting priority?

Yeah didn't get any so hopefully there is something left for the Italy game, only applied for D/C in hindsight should have gone C/B but it just seemed crazy money. But after getting left out I'm like feck it just get them. Worse case if I don't get anything again will do a day or 2 day package to our semi (see how positive I am), with one of the travel companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Legion2008

So the chances of their being any tickets left by Wednesday is .....?

Here are the matches that have tickets left

Match No. Pool Venue Match

5 D Twickenham France v Italy

35 A Twickenham Australia v Wales

14 D Elland Road Italy v Canada

18 B Elland Road Scotland v USA

27 C Leicester Argentina v Tonga *

29 D Leicester Canada v Romania *

37 C Leicester Argentina v Namibia *

3 D Millennium Ireland v Canada *

7 A Millennium Wales v Uruguay *

10 A Millennium Australia v Fiji *

21 A Millennium Wales v Fiji *

23 C Millennium New Zealand v Georgia *

39 D Millennium France v Ireland

42 Millennium QF2 W Pool C v RU Pool D

43 Millennium QF3: W Pool D v RU Pool C

11 D Olympic France v Romania

12 C Olympic New Zealand v Namibia

33 C St James' Park New Zealand v Tonga

34 B St James' Park Samoa v Scotland *

22 D Stadium MK France v Canada

24 B Stadium MK Samoa v Japan

30 A Stadium MK Fiji v Uruguay

15 B Villa Park South Africa v Samoa

17 A Villa Park Australia v Uruguay

19 D Wembley Ireland v Romania *

* indicates child tickets available. I assume that means there are category C tickets left for those matches

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

So Ireland v Italy sold out but Ireland v France didn't? :confused:

nc6000 wrote: »
    So Ireland v Italy sold out but Ireland v France didn't? :confused:

The top level prices for the France game were a good bit higher.

For the Italy game the prices went 50, 85, 125, 175 while for the France game they went 50, 125, 175, 250.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

The top level prices for the France game were a good bit higher.

For the Italy game the prices went 50, 85, 125, 175 while for the France game they went 50, 125, 175, 250.

I applied for tickets for the Italy game in the ballot but didn't get any. I'm hoping to bring my daughter to one of the games so it looks like my only option is the Ireland v Romania game in Wembley.

Advertisement