Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Got 2 Cat A tickets for both the French and Italian games. Happy with that. The Cat D final tickets were always going to be a long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Funk It

Already purchased 2 cat B tickets for the Canada game back in May (registered through my English rugby club for advance purchase), but took a punt just before the deadline and got 2 more cat D tickets confirmed yesterday for the same game. That's the Christmas presents sorted then.

I reckon that there will be a good chunk of tickets left. I'm banking on snagging corporate tickets through work, or might (stupidly you might say) leave to work for a company I know will have tickets, and shamelessly and openly hint at my interest in going.

I wish all the rest of ye the best of luck, I honestly didn't think there would be as much demand as there was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Managed to get 2 cat D tickets for Ire v Fra so I'm delighted, especially seeing as so many people missed out. Hotel rooms are looking thin on the ground in Cardiff so I'm giving serious consideration to flying to Bristol and training in and out from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

What are people doing for accommodation? It seems everywhere is already booked up and some websites won't let you search for Oct 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

dajaffa wrote: »
    Managed to get 2 cat D tickets for Ire v Fra so I'm delighted, especially seeing as so many people missed out. Hotel rooms are looking thin on the ground in Cardiff so I'm giving serious consideration to flying to Bristol and training in and out from there.
    Its easy to do on paper, but hard to leave when the craic is good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

I have a Cousin living in Cardiff so staying in his apartment for the time i'm over there. Makes life very handy.

gucci wrote: »
    Its easy to do on paper, but hard to leave when the craic is good!

Exactly my concern #firstworldproblems

• Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

What are people doing for accommodation? It seems everywhere is already booked up and some websites won't let you search for Oct 2015.

Where exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭Melodeon

I have a relative living quite close to the Olympic Stadium, so I applied for tickets to all the pool matches and the Bronze Final there.
    Got the lot! :)

Also applied for and got Ireland/Romania in Wembley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Where exactly?

Sorry I meant Cardiff. Heading over for QF.

• Advertisement

Anyones account charged yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

shezer wrote: »

Not yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Yes, mine is charged now.

Padkir wrote: »
    Yes, mine is charged now.

Did you get an email confirming payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Did you get an email confirming payment?

No, just checked online banking and there was a charge for 800 odd euro (£630 equivalent) so I assume that's it. Otherwise someone has a very well timed and planned credit card scam going! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

No tickets for me

Might just go run the Berlin Marathon instead

Booking.com is now searchable for Oct 2015. Slim pickings but some basic chain hotels in surrounding towns with a train service going cheaply. Booked one of these as pay later in the hope some of the closer venues may become available closer to the time.

airbnb will be invaluable for accommodation.

Whats the story with the resale? I am priority since I missed the ballot?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭hermano

dajaffa wrote: »
    Booking.com is now searchable for Oct 2015. Slim pickings but some basic chain hotels in surrounding towns with a train service going cheaply. Booked one of these as pay later in the hope some of the closer venues may become available closer to the time.

Its still showing only as far as sept 2015 for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

We got tickets for the Canada game and have been arranging places to stay etc - AirBNB is already very limited on the ground in the city - must have applied for 10 places between us and they were already booked out, eventually got a place. Accommodation in hotels is pretty much sold out too. Try and get yourselves sorted soon if you're going! Bristol isn't too far away on the train and there are some good hotel deals there.

We called a hostel in Cardiff and they said the place had been block booked out by a tour company months ago. Seems hard to get sorted if you're not with a tour company.

hermano wrote: »
    Its still showing only as far as sept 2015 for me

Worked on my phone for me - presume it should be working fully by Sat anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Cardiff has a pretty severe shortage of hotel beds. Friend of mine lives in Bristol - will just be travelling in from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ColmBr

Booked my Flights to Bristol. Praying I get accom somewhere in Cardiff or nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I obviously can't speak for the specifics of the situation but it was like this for Euro 2012 too - people panicking because they couldn't get accommodation. Stuff just kept coming on stream in the few months before the tournament and everyone got sorted. We had a place as a backup for when we went back to Poznan but in the train station when we arrived back, we met a girl who was renting out her apartment. All that kind of stuff will happen for this too. Another big one and one that'll be well worth bearing in mind is university accommodation. Thousands of beds unused for the summer. Just my input, whether it's of value or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭hermano

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I obviously can't speak for the specifics of the situation but it was like this for Euro 2012 too - people panicking because they couldn't get accommodation. Stuff just kept coming on stream in the few months before the tournament and everyone got sorted. We had a place as a backup for when we went back to Poznan but in the train station when we arrived back, we met a girl who was renting out her apartment. All that kind of stuff will happen for this too. Another big one and one that'll be well worth bearing in mind is university accommodation. Thousands of beds unused for the summer. Just my input, whether it's of value or not.

It's on September/October the university accommodation will be in use

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

hermano wrote: »
    It's on September/October the university accommodation will be in use

Sorry, serious brain fart there!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

nkay1985 wrote: »

Cardiff can't handle a HEC final properly accommodation wise. It won't be able to handle a world cup game either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

ColmBr wrote: »
    Booked my Flights to Bristol. Praying I get accom somewhere in Cardiff or nearby.

Booking.Com still has availability in Caerphilly and Newport, both very close to Cardiff. Stayed in Newport for a HC final, it was grand for transport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 monkel107

I just booked The premier inn in Cardiff city centre has just put more rooms on their website for the weekend of the quarter final. I checked earlier in the week and they were sold out might have had some cancellations after people not getting tickets in ballot. Its a bit more expensive than normal but everywhere looks pretty much fully booked already especially with four teams supporters in the city for the one weekend of quarter finals. Hopefully we beat Italy now at least!

Advertisement