Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heineken Sales Down As Dickheads Migrate To Craft Beers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

WW is made for Joe.ie readers looking for a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

The state of the pint on the left in that picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Why would someone drink a German craft ale to look cool? This country is knocking out some great beers at the moment.

Metalman is my current go to beer, or O'Hara's pale ale. Both gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Recently switched from lager to Smithwick's. B-e-a-utiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

donvito99 wrote: »
    Recently switched from lager to Smithwick's. B-e-a-utiful.

Only downside is its 3.8%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 CentimoSal

I know Waterford Whisper is troll bait - but if this was a real headline - dickheads would probably be replaced with Hipsters...

Let's say Heineken's sales are dropping - they can just do a few popup brands and compete with the craftbeer brands. I'm certain they can adapt to new market trends, if they're not doing that already?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

Switched from lager to ale a good few years ago

Coopers sparklin ale is a must try for anyone not yet had the pleasure.
    O'Haras pale and red are seriously good Stuff too.

Picked one of these up from the off license 'Almost expired' bin today for €1 to try. Mainly because it was 5.8 %, which seemed like good value for €1 even if I don't like it *cough,* *not an alcoholic* *cough*

Also picked up a Sri Lankan (!) stout called Lion from there, 8.8 %. It intrigued me, you know, Sri Lanka, stout, lions, that whole connection there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Heineken,beer of the Gods.

Looking at your username, I'm guessing it hasn't done much for your liver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Value Hunter

How will you know if someone drinks craft beers?

Don't worry, they'll tell you

They'll f**king tell you

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Why would someone drink a German craft ale to look cool? This country is knocking out some great beers at the moment.

Metalman is my current go to beer, or O'Hara's pale ale. Both gorgeous.

The craft beer revolution here is a bit like the Campaign for Real Ale in Britain (back in the 1970's) which was a revolt against fizzy crap such as the likes of Watneys Red Barrel and Double Diamond that was forced on the public through the "tied houses" pub ownership system. Beer drinking in Britain today is light years better and it was started by a bunch of sandal wearing, bearded architects who said enough is enough and took on the big boys.
    I enjoy Waterford Whisper but in this case, I'm backing the dickheads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

It's nice to see the emergence of Craft beards, Why I've grown mine since last winter and its down to my bollócks now

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

"Real" Heineken is fine.
    The 4,2% version you buy here however.... tastes like nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

All I'll say is that they're a far superior drink to meths. The wankers on the street don't drink them because they can't afford them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I get spending money on wine. Or whiskey. But every craft beer I've tried was just unpleasant after a few sips.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

To be fair, Heineken is piss, warm or cold. My default is O'Hara's Ale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Beer is a tool of the food manufacturers. It is there to make you hungry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Only downside is its 3.8%.

Try pale ale or summer ale (smithwicks) both 4.5%. Both pretty decent tipples imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭major deegan

Migrate to any bottled beer rather than drink the warm flat ****e draft they'd horse out to you and charge €5 for it !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

It seem like the new thing to "hate on" is Craft Beer and people that like it.

However I have yet to drink with anyone who talks about it endlessly like some people would have you believe. You might get someone suggesting you try a certain beer and say they prefer the taste. Do people get this irate about people that suggest you try a new food?

As for dickheads - the only dickheads I've come across in relation to craft beer are the ones who scoff at it as they prefer to down 12 pints of Heineken or Budweiser. Which is easier to do with low strength bland beer. These are the same types that like to brag about how many pints they had last night with the lads and had no hangover.

I had rather enjoy a craft beer on my own than suffer listening to gob****es like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

First Up wrote: »
    I enjoy Waterford Whisper but in this case, I'm backing the dickheads.

Ah come on now, I'm a big fan of cask ale, this whole craft beer thing is nothing but good news all round, but we can have a bit of a laugh about it too ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Links234 wrote: »
    Ah come on now, I'm a big fan of cask ale, this whole craft beer thing is nothing but good news all round, but we can have a bit of a laugh about it too ;)

Absolutely. But there are people in this forum who seem to be taking it seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

First Up wrote: »
    Absolutely. But there are people in this forum who seem to be taking it seriously.

Then point and laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Craft beers are ****e.

If they were any good there be a huge demand for them and they'd be mass produced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

I think its the word craft that irritates me when I hear **** going on about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Craft beers are ****e.

and they'd be mass produced.

If they were then they wouldn't be classed as craft beers. It's in the name.

Hogs Back is a nice craft beer, better than most of the other crafts imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

yipeeeee wrote: »
    I think its the word craft that irritates me when I hear **** going on about it.

Right so, Artisan Beer it is, just to keep you quiet.

I f*cking hate the term artisan applied to food.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

I prefer cask ales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

Craft beers are ****e.

If they were any good there be a huge demand for them and they'd be mass produced.

Mass produced lagers are sh**te.

If they were any good they wouldn't have to be frozen to be almost drinkable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Urgh, Heineken. Tastes like flat, vaguely beer-flavored water to me.
    I loves me craft beers, that I do, but I try not to be a snob about it. Everyone has different tastes to be fair.
    As a matter of interest, I've got a fondness for Wynchwood Brewarie's stuff. Black Wych is my favorite. :D Mmm. Caramel porter. NOM.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 113 ✭✭BrokenHero

Craft beer is horrible piss usually brewed by over privileged daddy's boys and drank by their overbearing mates.

Even the **** on the site wouldn't drink that stuff, it's worse than meths.

Advertisement