Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heineken Sales Down As Dickheads Migrate To Craft Beers

Options
  • 22-10-2014 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2014/10/22/heineken-sales-down-as-dickheads-migrate-to-craft-beers/
    “You wouldn’t be caught within a minge hair’s breath of that old ****e anymore. I’m talk of the town with the lads now because I’ve discovered the key to this craft beer lark,” offered reformed ex-Heineken drinker Jack Dooley-Forde-O’Loughlin-Ahern, “you just find the most German sounding ****ing yoke on the shelf or behind the bar and the lads think you’re like, up to speed on all things beer”.

:pac:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

To be fair, Heineken is piss, warm or cold. My default is O'Hara's Ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Heineken’s main competition for dickhead affection is now light wheat beer Von Karldüsselfranschhause which is served in a 3ft wide glass to accommodate its long name.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Ah! Look, we've found one! :pac:

Seriously though, O'Hara's red is damned good stuff ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

True.

But I'm sick of listening to craft beer gob****es ****eing on about how great the alternatives (and by extension themselves) are.

**** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

I like Heineken...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I'll stick to the bulmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

any craft beer I have tasted was muck, some from Trim in some place on Dorset street, a few in Brew Dock on Amiens Street, wouldn't be rushing back to either place and only went in coz of a work thing- or maybe I just have no taste

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I still drink Heineken mainly but it is nice to have the choice of a few drinks other than that, Corrs, Guinness or Budweiser. Hopefully more dickheads migrate to craft beers if it means more choice for all of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,489 ✭✭✭brevity

Ah Heineken is alright and I'd say that as someone who enjoys his craft/import beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Ireland's answer to The Onion. Very funny.

However the new craft beers are great and a huge improvement on the mass produced stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 The Healthy Rapist

Anything by Galway bay is gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I'll stick to the bulmers.

Always handy for clearing intestinal blockages alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

"Heineken? F*ck that sh*t.

Gimme Pabst Blue Ribbon"

Pabst is p*ss. Ugh. Watery.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I switched away from Heineken Coors etc, after the price of them were hiked up to ridiculous levels v a few years ago in the supermarkets, switched to an Aldi own brand, actually tastes better and is only E1.05 per can... And if a spoons opens close to me, even if they served anything Diageo, I wouldnt buy it...
    “You wouldn’t be caught within a minge hair’s breath of that old ****e anymore. I’m talk of the town with the lads now because I’ve discovered the key to this craft beer lark,” offered reformed ex-Heineken drinker Jack Dooley-Forde-O’Loughlin-Ahern, “you just find the most German sounding ****ing yoke on the shelf or behind the bar and the lads think you’re like, up to speed on all things beer”.
    the name is class, very Ross O'Caroll Kelly esque writing, hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

I have had about a dozen pints in my entire life (may not be entirely accurate) and even I know wheat beers in general are much nicer to drink. Erdinger, Pualaner or Aldi's best Schofferhofer.

If Heineken think folks are going for craft stuff to appear "cool", they should rename their beer to 'Pferd-Pinkeln Licht' or something foreign sounding. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Can't beat a pint of 5am Saint
    Also gotta love o'Hara's Red.

I will drink Guinness, Smithwick's and McArdles regularly too. Tend not to drink lager unless I have to.

Craft beer is tastier in my opinion.

But whiskey beats all

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Two pints of lager and a packet of crisps please
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf3aJx7D7YA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Switched from lager to ale a good few years ago

Coopers sparklin ale is a must try for anyone not yet had the pleasure.
    O'Haras pale and red are seriously good Stuff too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Give me a pub with one branded lager pouring well than one with three dozen craft beers festering in the lines any day of the week.

Bottles are grand, but anyone that drinks craft on draught needs their head examined. And probably their hole too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Any beer that comes with a five-minute "education" about it's provenance and origin should be banned for pubs.

Shave those side burns you hippy

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

Christ that Waterford whispers site is bad. Everything they write is just so obvious and banal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Gorgeous stuff if you can get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

positron wrote: »
    If Heineken think folks are going for craft stuff to appear "cool", they should rename their beer to 'Pferd-Pinkeln Licht' or something foreign sounding. ;)

So Heineken sounds like an Irish name to you :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Heineken,beer of the Gods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Switched from lager to ale a good few years ago

Coopers sparklin ale is a must try for anyone not yet had the pleasure.
    O'Haras pale and red are seriously good Stuff too.

The aldi Irish ales are the business too, brewed by O'Haras carlow brewing as well aren't they?

Beaner1 wrote: »
    Christ that Waterford whispers site is bad. Everything they write is just so obvious and banal.

Yep, it reads like the Independant, but slightly more sensible.

The aldi Irish ales are the business too, brewed by O'Haras carlow brewing as well aren't they?

Yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

They are indeed.

only difference is the %abv in them. but brewed in the exact ssame brewery.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

A nice chilled bottle of Lech is what does it for me nowadays.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Heineken,beer of the Gods.

Lucky im an atheist so!

Advertisement