Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB 4.0 - Banter rebooted!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Wow Vodafone are rubbish. More than once had issues with topping up and freebees. Had no credit and left my keys at work so got an IOU but when I tried to ring it said my IOU was gone. Used the online customer service and after giving my name and log in details to verify it was me he said that the IOU was showing up as used but he'd give me 25 minutes free as I was a customer for so many years and had a long history with vodafone...I've only lived in the UK for 3 months. :confused:

(I mean I still took the free minutes but I was meant to have £3 IOU credit anyway.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I hate mobile phone companies. Hate them!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

How we doing.
    Been quite busy lately in work and posting in hunting forum been busy out shooting a lot lately and bringing my daughter out with me.
    Got her 150 disney films for 59 quid quality is brilliant on them. Well worth getting if you've kids
    Keep her entertained for while :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Time to put a background on my sleeve..Who would you reckon would be best for something like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Rob Mulligan maybe, or Paul Caffrey (https://www.facebook.com/ModernPrimitivesDublin?fref=ts). Both will make those colours sharp.

The Adrian Peterson stuff these days is like a bunch of Onion articles. It's ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Holy fcukin Christ. I just moved my xbox from downstairs to my bedroom and I dropped it..... Onto me toe.
    Jumped, kicked , shouted , punched but pain was still there. Never knew I had so much blood in my toe.
    Pain is actually gettin quite unbearable right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Holy fcukin Christ. I just moved my xbox from downstairs to my bedroom and I dropped it..... Onto me toe.
    Jumped, kicked , shouted , punched but pain was still there. Never knew I had so much blood in my toe.
    Pain is actually gettin quite unbearable right now.

If the pain is getting unbearable, get to a doctor, mate.

Haven't posted much lately. Hasn't been much going on. The mammy has been in and out of hospital, but is doing okay now.

Possible new job on the horizon.

Will be with the boyfriend a year soon, so he has a nice night planned for me and I have a nice present planned for him.

My antidepressants have kicked in perfectly now and my anxiety isn't bad anymore. :)

I've lost a little bit of weight purely from giving up energy drinks.

My dog is still gorgeous. :D

If the pain is getting unbearable, get to a doctor, mate.

Haven't posted much lately. Hasn't been much going on. The mammy has been in and out of hospital, but is doing okay now.

Possible new job on the horizon.

Will be with the boyfriend a year soon, so he has a nice night planned for me and I have a nice present planned for him.

My antidepressants have kicked in perfectly now and my anxiety isn't bad anymore. :)

I've lost a little bit of weight purely from giving up energy drinks.

My dog is still gorgeous. :D

Sounds like all is going lovely in your world! :) Delighted for you! x

Ms. Koi wrote: »
    Sounds like all is going lovely in your world! :) Delighted for you! x

It is! I'm really happy with everything and everyone (well, except my job, ha!) at the moment :) everyone keeps commenting on how relaxed and smiley I am. Nice to hear that, instead of being asked what's wrong with me :pac:

Can't go hospital. I'm at home, daughter fast asleep and herself has the car and she in work.
    Gonna have t wait till tomoro. This sucks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Wrap the toe up tight to stop the bleeding. A ladder (a heavy one, not those lighter ones you get nowadays) fell on my toe when I was about 11 and the blood was pumping out of it for hours and it ended up swelled up for weeks. I had to wear odd shoes for weeks. My dad called an ambulance the bleeding was that bad.

green_screen, has it been a year already? It's flown by!

January wrote: »
    Wrap the toe up tight to stop the bleeding. A ladder (a heavy one, not those lighter ones you get nowadays) fell on my toe when I was about 11 and the blood was pumping out of it for hours and it ended up swelled up for weeks. I had to wear odd shoes for weeks. My dad called an ambulance the bleeding was that bad.

green_screen, has it been a year already? It's flown by!

What this lady said. Staunch the bleeding by bandaging it as tight as possible.

Nurofen plus or any anti inflammatory will reduce bleeding, too.

Yup, couple of weeks and it'll be a year. Feels like only a few months! Usually I'm waaaay past sick of them by now, but we're happier than ever :)

Crazy, it does only feel like a few months... Then again I still can't believe that Luke is 5 months now and that I'm getting married in less than 3 months, where is the time going at all?

Hope your foot feels better soon dodder, the ladies have some solid advice there for your toe!

I'm watching The Thick of It. I have no idea what half of these curse words mean. I am absolutely sure that I would never want to work in media or politics ever.

So i had an interesting day in work, and made news on a twitter account with 24k followers...

You saved a baby from being glassed... fair play to you... Although I really can't understand a parent letting go of a buggy on one of those things...

You saved a baby from being glassed... fair play to you... Although I really can't understand a parent letting go of a buggy on one of those things...

I didn't see what happened. I just ran when I heard the mother scream. But from what I can tell, she was arguing with the father.

The baby wouldn't have been glassed. It would have flown out of the buggy (it wasn't strapped in, ffs) and been hurt pretty badly. And i would have been glassed :pac: can't believe i managed to run in heels

Ah seriously? Eejits of the highest order, hopefully they learn from this... strapping baby in is so important!

I thought glassed because it might have been strapped in.

Yup, idiots. Baby couldn't have been more than 8 months old, either.

Lovely parents didn't even say thanks!

Man not even strapped in, that's terrible.

Not happy with current housemates so hoping to move. guy I live with is also looking for a place so we decided to look together. He has a parrot. Looking through house listings right now...people seem really hate pets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Not happy with current housemates so hoping to move. guy I live with is also looking for a place so we decided to look together. He has a parrot. Looking through house listings right now...people seem really hate pets.

A parrot though should be grand surely, it just sits in it's cage asking for crackers all day or whatever, they're on about dogs and cats I'd say.

Some people out there I wouldn't let them have a goldfish never mind a child.

Work should be fun today. I am still in a lot of pain from my toe and can hardly walk on it. Driving is actually pretty sore. Not too bad on accelerator but bad on the brake.
    I'd say il be sent home cuz I can hardly move but if not it's gonna e fun in work.........NOT!!

nm wrote: »
    A parrot though should be grand surely, it just sits in it's cage asking for crackers all day or whatever, they're on about dogs and cats I'd say.

You'd think but from what he's told me a lot say no flat out. They expect it to be a noise issue.

You'd think but from what he's told me a lot say no flat out. They expect it to be a noise issue.

I give grinds in a house where the brother has a parrot. The parrot is hilarious, I have never heard a real parrot copying/mimicking! She can mimic all of their voices, calls the dog and then gives her treats, she makes phone sounds to trick them. It's always interesting to see what she will come out with next.
    We are waiting for her to start reciting Othello!

Fair play to you green_Screen, typical ungrateful people, but we are proud of you nonetheless! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Slipknot and Korn are playing the Point Depot O2 Arena 3Arena in January. I am much excite!

Anybody wants presale code for slipknot lemme know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I am way less excited about that gig than I should be. More looking forward to Korn, must give their latest stuff a listen.

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Will PM you the code :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Would you mind PM'ing me the code too please? :)

I've registered for presale access but haven't gotten any email yet - I'm anxious that I won't get it in time. Cheers.

Advertisement