Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

EyeSight wrote: »
    Just finished season 1 of Twin peaks. It's ok. I cannot see what the huge hype is all about. The cheesy music and acting can be a bit too soap opera/murder she wrote. But i guess that's just the early 90's for you :p

I thought there was only one series, god how did he drag it out for more than one series, oh wait just have immaterial dream sequences that make no sense and just confuse the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

I'm sure he's referring to Invitation to Love

chet-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Any recommendations for the weekend guys ? Thriller/SCI-FI/Horror - Region Unimportant ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Separate threads for film & TV
    Any recommendations for the weekend guys ? Thriller/SCI-FI/Horror - Region Unimportant ?

Blue Ruin on the US site which I mentioned on the previous page, watched it the other night and it's a really great little revenge flick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Finished watching The 100 on the Canadian Netflix. Reminds me a bit like battlestar and would recommend it to anyone who liked BSGl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Finished watching The 100 on the Canadian Netflix. Reminds me a bit like battlestar and would recommend it to anyone who liked BSGl.

I liked it but its no BSG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Blue Ruin on the US site which I mentioned on the previous page, watched it the other night and it's a really great little revenge flick.

+1 on that. It's a good un.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭delboy85

"Happy Valley" added to Netflix Canada.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

delboy85 wrote: »
    "Happy Valley" added to Netflix Canada.

Is that the recent BBC one? An amazing show, if so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Just finished season 1 of Utopia on a recommendation from here. Good watch. Think season 2 is on 4OD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Synode wrote: »
    Just finished season 1 of Utopia on a recommendation from here. Good watch. Think season 2 is on 4OD

It is but I watched 1 episode before nearly firing my laptop out the window. They destroy the thing with ads, it's horrendous and unwatchable IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Will wait until it's on Netflix so

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭delboy85

Is that the recent BBC one? An amazing show, if so.

Yep. Great show. Thought Sarah Lancashire was outstanding in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Revenge season 3 added to Netflix US.

Once Upon a Time season 3 added to Netflix US.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Watched about half an episode of BoJack Horseman, has to be the worst Netflix original there is.

Awful programme :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Watched about half an episode of BoJack Horseman, has to be the worst Netflix original there is.

Awful programme :pac:

I watched the first episode the other night, thought it was poor too. shame really as there's a really good cast.

Watched the first episode of the new Cosmos series with Neil DeGrasse-Tyson on the US netflix. Really nice update on the original, if a bit cheesy in places.

I watched the first episode the other night, thought it was poor too. shame really as there's a really good cast.

Watched the first episode of the new Cosmos series with Neil DeGrasse-Tyson on the US netflix. Really nice update on the original, if a bit cheesy in places.

It's brutal, such a shame for such a good cast.

I watched that aswell, very good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Also watched the first episode of Cosmos and completely agree, a bit too 'American' but I will watch the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Jim Jefferies new special "Bare" available on most netflix now.

If you're a fan of Jim Jefferies, you won't be disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Watched Blue Ruin based on reviews here.

Highly recommended.

US region btw.

• Advertisement

Just about finished series 4 of Prison Break and still enjoying it.

I have a question though, when they're getting chased by government agents with years and years of training and experience how come nearly everytime they shoot they miss?

It's almost ridiculous how as soon as there's a chase they lose all control of how to shoot!

/rant

I'm only a little upset about getting to the end of it... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I have a question though, when they're getting chased by government agents with years and years of training and experience how come nearly everytime they shoot they miss?

It's almost ridiculous how as soon as there's a chase they lose all control of how to shoot!

/rant

You stuck with seasons 2-4 and that's what bothers you about series? A guys hand is chopped off with an axe and reattached 8 hours later by a vet!

ShaneU wrote: »
    You stuck with seasons 2-4 and that's what bothers you about series? A guys hand is chopped off with an axe and reattached 8 hours later by a vet!

It's by no means perfect, in fact the more I watch it the more I think...C'mon!

But still I enjoy it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

/rant

Imperial Stormtroopers. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

I seem to be the only person enjoying bojack horseman. I did enjoy the first couple of episodes, and kept going. On episode 7 now, enjoyed it thus far.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Generation War is up on Ireland/UK. Astounding German mini series about WW2. Watched it on RTÉ last year. A must see.

Couple of documentaries too that I've been meaning to see.

Men At Lunch - Irish made (I think) about that infamous picture of 11 workers having their lunch on a steel girder suspended over NY City.

Muscle Shoals - A look at the famous recording studios in the small Alabama town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭McGrath5

McCullin

Great documentary on the Irish Netflix about war photographer Don McCullin, quite a heavy watch but a must see at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Finished watching The 100 on the Canadian Netflix. Reminds me a bit like battlestar and would recommend it to anyone who liked BSG.

adama-vomits-o.gif
    I might have to check it out, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

12 Years a Slave added to Netflix Canada.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Birneybau wrote: »
    Also watched the first episode of Cosmos and completely agree, a bit too 'American' but I will watch the rest.

Watch the original, "out of date in terms of some discoveries, but fantastic and not a "Hollywood" presentation like the new one, Sagan was brilliant, couldn't watch the new version.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement