Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I think it means paedo.
    ElleEm wrote: »
    As he keeps mentioning the kid, I would guess it is "paedo".

oh shoot yes.

dublinman - did you say something about the child??

Or I wonder did Eamon Horan mistake you for someone else?? It just seems so strange to shout paedo at someone for no reason whatsoever.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

tampopo wrote: »
    Ronnie Drew.

And?You met him and he was a prick or you never met him and your just randomly throwing out his name?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

darkdubh wrote: »
    Tell us more.

I was about 11 or 12 and saw him in the Zoo in Lesuireplex Stillorgan. His kids were playing and he was sitting at the desk reading a paper. Myself and my friend finally plucked up the courage to ask for his autograph. And he told us (and I quote) no and don't bother me again. He then proceeded to go up to my mother and asked her to make sure that we don't go near him again.

I understand its frustrating for celebs not to be able to get some peace and quiet especially in the likes of Lesuireplex but come on, we were 11 years old! Funny how first impressions stick with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Geldof
    why

Ashbx wrote: »
    I was about 11 or 12 and saw him in the Zoo in Lesuireplex Stillorgan. His kids were playing and he was sitting at the desk reading a paper. Myself and my friend finally plucked up the courage to ask for his autograph. And he told us (and I quote) no and don't bother me again. He then proceeded to go up to my mother and asked her to make sure that we don't go near him again.

I understand its frustrating for celebs not to be able to get some peace and quiet especially in the likes of Lesuireplex but come on, we were 11 years old! Funny how first impressions stick with you!

His reaction sounds pretty over the top allright. Out of interest was this pre or post Father Ted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

I have heard about Twink alright before. Also a non- Irish celeb that's supposed to be rude is Paloma Faith

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

His reaction sounds pretty over the top allright. Out of interest was this pre or post Father Ted?

I think during Father Ted actually! Im going to guess about 1997. I do remember it was fairly close to his death.

That is not to say he is not a nice guy generally, but in this instance we defo caught him on a bad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Plentyofice

Myself and the missus were living in Arizona in 97. He was staying in my wifes parents B+B and when we rang to say hello he came on the phone and talked to us for 5 minutes. Sat in my parent in laws sitting room with them drinking for hours- To me Dermot Morgan was an absolute gent.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

id have shouted at him " I DONT BELIEEEEEVE IT"

I think during Father Ted actually! Im going to guess about 1997. I do remember it was fairly close to his death.

That is not to say he is not a nice guy generally, but in this instance we defo caught him on a bad day.

I forgot he died on the last day of filming so theres no post Fr Ted in relation to him.In his defense while he was in Fr Ted he probably had loads of people shouting catchphrases and what not at him on the street .

• Advertisement

funny the "i don't believe it" scene came about when linehan and mathews were sitting a few rows behind Richard wilson and they were laughing to themselves about "i'd say he'd think it's the funniest thing ever if we said "i don't belieeeve it"

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

Derek Davis ate my sandwich

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

vincent browne borrowed my newspaper. he still has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

marwelie wrote: »
    vincent browne borrowed my newspaper. he still has it.

He's an odd man. We met him once, eating his dinner in a Dublin restaurant with some young one. He gave out a lot. But it was Vincent so I think that's how he just communicates with everyone.
    He did have a newspaper, was yours the evening herald?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

cactuspaw wrote: »

I'd say Derek must have done that to a lot of people ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

i'd be more surprised if he didnt :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

George Hook nearly ran me down in his Chelsea tractor a few years ago. I was on my bike waiting to turn right, he came flying in the opposite direction and glared out the window at me. Fat git.
    he really hates cyclists

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

He's an odd man. We met him once, eating his dinner in a Dublin restaurant with some young one. He gave out a lot. But it was Vincent so I think that's how he just communicates with everyone.
    He did have a newspaper, was yours the evening herald?!
    Is supposed to be a pig to work for specially for women.
    Think I saw him with that paper to,did it have "Charlton to take over Ireland job" on the back page?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mark13

Robbie Coltrane, overheard him cursing out a kid who asked him for an autograph.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Met John Cooper Clarke after one of his shows.Fantastic guy a real character.

David Thomas of Pere Ubu,he was a bit grumpy but he signed an album for me and chatted briefly.

The only really rude "celebrity" that I met was uillean piper Paddy Keenan.A rude arrogant loudmouth.I know I said in a previous post that I haden't met any rude clebs but I'd forgotten about him.

• Advertisement

Oh and I forgot as well Jim Queally who played the camp poet in Killanascully.I wouldn't say he was rude just very full of himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jillymayr

thankfully i havent encountered any rude celebs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

jillymayr wrote: »
    thankfully i havent encountered any rude celebs

This makes for an interesting read.The amount of times Cilla Black turns up is unreal,she sounds like an utterly vile person.Bob Geldof gets a few unflattering mentions as well.

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew/300180-who-your-nicest-celebs-10.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

darkdubh wrote: »
    This makes for an interesting read.The amount of times Cilla Black turns up is unreal,she sounds like an utterly vile person.Bob Geldof gets a few unflattering mentions as well.

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew/300180-who-your-nicest-celebs-10.html

Everyone seems to have nothing but good to say about Kylie Minogue though.

I worked in a call center a few years ago and spoke to a few semi famous people.One of the rudest was a guy whose name I can't remember right now but he used to play in Brush Shiels band.His name will come to me eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Nicest: Steve Carell, so down to earth, chatted away to me for a good bit.

Prick: Dwayne Johnson, head up his own arse, rude and arrogant. Doesn't care about anybody but himself..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Nicest: David Beckham, was only too happy to pose with my son for a photo and sign his autograph

Rudest: his wife Victoria Beckham who pouted and turned her head when we came over, she wouldn't even acknowledge us

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Nicest: Steve Carell, so down to earth, chatted away to me for a good bit.

Prick: Dwayne Johnson, head up his own arse, rude and arrogant. Doesn't care about anybody but himself..
    Who is Dwayne Johnson besides a prick.

• Advertisement

tipptom wrote: »
    Who is Dwayne Johnson besides a prick.
    do you have the google?

Advertisement