Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia Airlines plane shot down in Ukraine near Russian border[Mod warning post#193

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Considering one of the first pictures on that account is a graphic photo of a body, you should really have posted a warning. What a horrible thing to see :(

Jesus! I just looked!!! Very, very grim. :( Those pictures were not there earlier, they have been put up in the last while.

Links to that Twitter account should really be removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Considering one of the first pictures on that account is a graphic photo of a body, you should really have posted a warning. What a horrible thing to see :(

Even better don't post pictures PERIOD. It's a graveyard FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Looks like there are plenty of flights now taking a wide berth.

YakLnXU.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Jesus those pictures are gruesome, god love them, makes you sick just thinking about it, and after actually seeing the pictures now I am lost for words!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carpejugulum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭thebannerboy

Russian media reported that RU forces shot down a Ukrainian cargo plane but it turned out to be the MH17 jetliner.

What is RU? Is that the rebels?

23 US citizens on board. Interfax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Horrific, RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

Russian media reported that RU forces shot down a Ukrainian cargo plane but it turned out to be the MH17 jetliner.

What is RU? Is that the rebels?

Source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

According to twitter there was 80 children on board and 5 to 10 British and 23 Americans.

Really terrible,RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

vicwatson wrote: »
    Rebels will prob steal the black boxes, hopefully not

I have seen tweets saying people have been stealing rings, jewelry etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

If anyone is going to post photos embedded in thread please ensure they are SFW. If you are linking to pics that contain graphic images please ensure you warn people about them. Anyone who ignores this will be banned, end of.

This thread is only for discussion of MH17,any discussion of Palestine, conspiracy theories or anything else off topic will result in infractions and bans if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

double GG wrote: »

Sure you can see them stripping the wreckage in a lot of the pictures, robbing the dead is only the next step up. Poverty in some regions or not that is the act of a piece of excrement not worthy of being scraped off a shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Those pictures were not there earlier when I first posted the link so I couldn't have known. They have gotten quite bad though so perhaps the link can be removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Now why doesn't that surprise me. The passports found will be gonners too I imagine :mad: Disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Can't imagine what the families of the victims are going through especially after seeing those awful photos and now hearing items are being stolen.

I reckon every country that has been affected is going to want action taken in that region now.

Source?

Sorry it was in Russian and I dont know how to get the page back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just saw it on Slovak National news.
    Everyone is denying it but chances are it was the Russians.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭kingshankly

People talking about a plane crash do you's not realise there was garth brooks concerts canceled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

People talking about a plane crash do you's not realise there was garth brooks concerts canceled

Fcuk off, it's not funny to joke about this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

It's sad that if ATC and the airlines had simply done the most stupidly obvious thing imaginable - not flying commercial or even any other aircraft over a POTENTIALLY dubious area at times or unrest - this would never have happened.

I was listening to the TV and British Airways have a flight that goes straight over there. Can you imagine if it had to be a BA..not saying Malaysian aren't important, but the West collectively would have had a fit.

God we're a stupid species sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

WTF was it doing in volatile airspace!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

11:04 (UA) Malaysia passenger aircraft has crashed near the Russia border with Ukraine; flight was from Amsterdamn to Kuala Lumpur - Russia press

11:04 (UA) Malaysia passenger aircraft (Boeing 777) has crashed (other reports indicate it was 'shot down') near the Russia border with Ukraine; flight was from Amsterdamn to Kuala Lumpur - Russia press - Said to have been carrying 280 passengers and 15 crew members. - Said to have disappeared from radar while traveling at 30K feet (cruising altitude).

Technically that was my thread title. You stole it. But I'll let it slide. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

I happened to be watching a air-crash investigation last night where at a crash-site in Brazil the wreckage was being looted as survivors were climbing out looking for help. Pretty much everything was taken including the flight data recorders. I guess it's not as rare as we would have thought.

I can understand the poverty argument but I can't have any empathy for those looting from the dead and dying. What happened to basic human empathy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

Dnrvskie rubbish removed from corpses chains, rings, etc. Took their suitcases. Burn you in hell bitches

Translation of one of the tweets I have seen. I won't post the account name as they have some extremely NSFW pictures.

Will make it very hard to identify some bodies if needed. Passports probably gone. Suitcases pillaged. wallets taken etc..

AFAIK it's pretty much a free for all for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,259 ✭✭✭✭fits

I'm trying to ascertain that a friend wasn't on this flight. I know she was flying to KUL with MH but not sure from which European airport or whether it was today or yesterday. Not a nice feeling :( I totally panicked initially but think it more likely she flew yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Translation of one of the tweets I have seen. I won't post the account name as they have some extremely NSFW pictures.

Will make it very hard to identify some bodies if needed. Passports probably gone. Suitcases pillaged. wallets taken etc..

AFAIK it's pretty much a free for all for people.

pm link pls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

fits wrote: »
    I'm trying to ascertain that a friend wasn't on this flight. I know she was flying to KUL with MH but not sure from which European airport or whether it was today or yesterday. Not a nice feeling :( I totally panicked initially but think it more likely she flew yesterday.

Hopefully she flew yesterday. Read a post back saying it's been confirmed no irish on the flight, so hopefully she's fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I have a long haul flight in 2 weeks time, Flying to Aus via Dubai and Kuala Lumpur todays events makes me uneasy about the flight.

RIP to to those that died

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Countries are only now avoiding Ukraine air space. What they were doing flying over it is anyone's guess

Advertisement