Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

No Pants wrote: »
    Yeah, it's just like the movies. A wee keyboard pops out, you type in "override" and it starts working again.

answers like that don't help. there is no keyboard.

everyone knows that you get Scotty on the radio and tell him you need more power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

mossym wrote: »
    everyone knows that you get Scotty on the radio and tell him you need more power
    "Beam me to the end of this segment Scotty" would be a better choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Cycle superstore have a special on Schwalbe One tyres.
    2 tyres and 2 tubes for 60 euro, post free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

No Pants wrote: »
    Yeah, it's just like the movies. A wee keyboard pops out, you type in "override" and it starts working again.

Ah bless clearly no idea of what a manual override is.

Did being a smart arse come naturally or is it a hard earned gift.

Another type of cyclist I hate. Know it alls.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

iwillhtfu wrote: »

Another type of cyclist I hate.

You took up the wrong sport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Cycle superstore have a special on Schwalbe One tyres.
    2 tyres and 2 tubes for 60 euro, post free.

Thanks Eamonn, just ordered a pair. Looks very good value as they're €50 each on wiggle and crc. Very good reviews on both those sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

mossym wrote: »
    You took up the wrong sport.

Ah I'll just have to work on ignoring fools.

Not so many in the tri forum which I'd have more of an interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

How about y'all start posting more bargains and quit thy bickering?
    iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Ah I'll just have to work on ignoring fools.

Not so many in the tri forum which I'd have more of an interest.

Ok then well off you go..

Here's a link - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1527

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Drop it, now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

WillyFXP wrote: »

Took a punt on these earlier today. Well spotted Willy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

£5 Chain reaction cycles voucher available here. Spend £50 get £5 off. First PM gets it.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Gone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Was looking for a good quality, reliable, audax, spare rear wheel without breaking the bank. Just ordered this with a few maintenance items(chain, brake pads etc) for €82. 105 hub, 36 dt spokes and in house rose rim (couldn't find anything negative online about rims, they maybe Miche rims)

http://www.rosebikes.com/article/road-rear-wheel-28700-c-xtreme-r-490105-5700/aid:716432/

Ordered front wheel from rose before and it was well put together

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

finally got round to ordering a giro air attack helmet off a certain internet auction site. came in the post recently, i love it.

if anyone's interested( and if its allowed by mods) i can post/pm link to person i bought it off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    finally got round to ordering a giro air attack helmet off a certain internet auction site. came in the post recently, i love it.

if anyone's interested( and if its allowed by mods) i can post/pm link to person i bought it off.

Don't see why not, as long as you didn't buy it off yourself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

lizzylad84 wrote: »

Unlikely to be allowed I'd say.

It's an ugly helmet.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭cycleoin86

TheTubes wrote: »
    Unlikely to be allowed I'd say.

It's an ugly helmet.

;)

booo hiss!!!

I'd love the link, especially if it's a knock down price. Are you going to get the shield?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

I hate this thread just had to buy that Scott Foil unbelievable value bought the swable tyres from cyclesuperstore and a pair of the speik shoes aswell for an 11 year old starting out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

I hate this thread just had to buy that Scott Foil unbelievable value bought the swable tyres from cyclesuperstore and a pair of the speik shoes aswell for an 11 year old starting out
    So what you should really be thinking is something along the lines of "I'm just so graetful to the OP for the savings which I've made. Really grateful. In fact, so much so that I'd like to offer a monetary amount of, say, 20% of my savings and would strongly encourage everyone else here to do likewise". I'll settle for 10%. You're welcome ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

i will give you 10% of what is left in my account after buying everything but you wont be retiring on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

i will give you 10% of what is left in my account after buying everything but you wont be retiring on it
    If 10% of what is left in your account is greater than 10% of the saving which you've made then I'd gladly accept it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

ford2600 wrote: »
    Ordered front wheel from rose before and it was well put together
    I have some of their in house built wheels, bomb proof, would highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

cycleoin86 wrote: »
    booo hiss!!!

I'd love the link, especially if it's a knock down price. Are you going to get the shield?

no, I didn't get it with the shield, partially due to the fact that I wear prescription glasses.
    Here is a link to seller.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/271425480606

just to clarify, I'm not, nor have I, any affiliation to the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

10% off Eurocyles discount code - Stickey10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Ummm...I think you just made my enemies list (not to worry I expect I'll be a rather ineffectual enemy)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭treborm

Anybody know of tubulars on special offer online. 23mm ideally.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I got the glasses off eBay today, think I seen them on this thread. €2.20 and picked up a clear and a mirrored pair. Super quality and great bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

Borderfox wrote: »
    I got the glasses off eBay today, think I seen them on this thread. €2.20 and picked up a clear and a mirrored pair. Super quality and great bargain

I have ordered my 5th pair!
    The good thing about them is that you can change the lenses between them. Invest less than a €10 and you have spare frames plus different lenses and the quality is really amazing compared to the expensive brands

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/400688431168?var=670234290131&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

I have ordered my 5th pair!
    The good thing about them is that you can change the lenses between them. Invest less than a €10 and you have spare frames plus different lenses and the quality is really amazing compared to the expensive brands

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/400688431168?var=670234290131&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Last time I tried to order it was cancelled by the seller. No reason given. Any others have this experience ? At that price though, will just give it another go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement