Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

meh its the amazing spider man game
    if its anything like the movie/s it will be crap :L
    i only ever enjoyed 1 spiderman game and it was on the ps1, can't remember the name though but loved it on that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Lest we not forget The Amazing Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin way back on the Mega Drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Spider-Man 2 on the PS2 was a fantastic game. Probably one of the best movie tie-in's ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Benzino wrote: »
    A bit surprised PS4 outsold Xbox One in March, I thought Titanfall would have made the Xbox One the biggest seller that month.

What's even more worrying is that Microsoft sold less Xbox 1's this month than previous(in the US)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I do not see why ms are still continuing To bundle the system with the kinetic and claiming its needed for the system very much like the wii u gamepad both companies and still not utlized controller or camera properly that they simply feel its need to enchance the living room experience. They really are better off to get rid of them and bring the price down of there systems.

Happy to see playstation 4 continuing to sell very well, shows the console market still very healthy even though I have not touched mine since mercenary kings was poor :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

RasTa wrote: »
    What's even more worrying is that Microsoft sold less Xbox 1's this month than previous(in the US)

Well if that's the ,month after Titanfalls launch then it's hardly surprising.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well if that's the ,month after Titanfalls launch then it's hardly surprising.

I'm fed up of you mis quoting me, the NPD results are for March, surely you know that?

How on earth do you think we would have April's results already?

I'm fed up of you mis quoting me, the NPD results are for March, surely you know that?

I think he meant the 30days after titanfalls launch
    so it was released on march 11th, then the month after its release I read it as the 30 days from its release date
    maybe I'm wrong :L

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Still, we already know that next gen is on healthy 12m at least and it is not even a year old. The base is set and I would think developers should feel safe making games for new platforms.
    In a way it is a gold rush too. Who ever brings something really awesome will have a 12 million starving gamers looking for their fix on new console. Competition is pretty much zero.

Now make games cheaper and I might dust off my PS4. In a way if not ps+ free games, free to play games, then my ps4 would be still with those 3 games I got pm launch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

What's your problem, I didn't misquote you I didn't know if they were for march or April which is why I worded it that. Take a chill pill.

• Advertisement

Still, we already know that next gen is on healthy 12m at least and it is not even a year old. The base is set and I would think developers should feel safe making games for new platforms.
    In a way it is a gold rush too. Who ever brings something really awesome will have a 12 million starving gamers looking for their fix on new console. Competition is pretty much zero.

Now make games cheaper and I might dust off my PS4. In a way if not ps+ free games, free to play games, then my ps4 would be still with those 3 games I got pm launch.

I can see destiny been one of those games
    they have quite a large fan base and their forums have been constantly active since they opened them, might not be everyone's cup of tea since its kinda like halo in a way (of course the creators of it made halo) but looks as if it will eat up any competition it will have when its released in september, at least until christmas

What's your problem, I didn't misquote you I didn't know if they were for march or April which is why I worded it that. Take a chill pill.

It's not the first time tbh, do some research before responding.

It's not the first time tbh, do some research before responding.

Now now lads don't make me hand out infractions for going off topic :L

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

When do we for see the first proper price drops? Xmas 2014 maybe?

I'm yet to be persuaded by either console.

PS4 has my attention but really only due to remote play.

The only big upcoming release that has my interest is Destiny and i can it on 360. There should be a decent base of players on live so another problem the two new consoles have is multi platform releases.

If that wasn't available on 360 that's probably be the point Id have bought at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Unless one tanks in the meantime, you probably won't see the first major official cuts until March 2015 - assuming someone doesn't go for the jugular for Christmas and cuts 50 quid off to try to get parents buying theirs over the competition... but that's unlikely, as sensible as it may seem, because 3-4 million console sales over christmas with a 50 quid cut each is a LOT of money "lost"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I'm yet to be persuaded by either console.

PS4 has my attention but really only due to remote play.

The only big upcoming release that has my interest is Destiny and i can it on 360. There should be a decent base of players on live so another problem the two new consoles have is multi platform releases.

If that wasn't available on 360 that's probably be the point Id have bought at.

The PS4 won't see a price drop this year at all. It'll probably get a bundle at Christmas for €400 which would include the console and game. Generally price drops take two years to get one unless the console is struggling -and even then Sony is only going to take €50 off it when it does.

The X1 will get an official price cut before Christmas though, it's a certainty because it's already been happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    The PS4 won't see a price drop this year at all. It'll probably get a bundle at Christmas for €400 which would include the console and game. Generally price drops take two years to get one unless the console is struggling -and even then Sony is only going to take €50 off it when it does.

The X1 will get an official price cut before Christmas though, it's a certainty because it's already been happening.

Yeah I think the XboxOne will get a price drop quicker but I also think it'll need to take it under the ps4 price to give it a better shot. I'm not saying its tanking but it'll be interesting to see Microsofts next step. Also be interesting to see the bundles and maybe slim versions etc...

Yeah I think the XboxOne will get a price drop quicker but I also think it'll need to take it under the ps4 price to give it a better shot. I'm not saying its tanking but it'll be interesting to see Microsofts next step. Also be interesting to see the bundles and maybe slim versions etc...

I think its sold quite well considering its only released in 13 markets
    12million consoles altogether is excellent news for both companies, may the odds ever be in our favour :p sorry just watched the hunger games :pac:

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I think its sold quite well considering its only released in 13 markets
    12million consoles altogether is excellent news for both companies, may the odds ever be in our favour :p sorry just watched the hunger games :pac:

Noooooo!!!!

Watch BATTLE ROYALE , do not watch that thrash :pac:

Noooooo!!!!

Watch BATTLE ROYALE , do not watch that thrash :pac:

I can't help it I find the lead actress very attractive :pac:

• Advertisement

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I can't help it I find the lead actress very attractive :pac:

Damn I cannot dispute that....carry on :L

I don't think a price drop will have that much effect in sales even if they match the PS4 price as you're still getting an inferior machine when it comes to Watch Dogs, tomb raider and almost all the multi-platform games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I don't think a price drop will have that much effect in sales even if they match the PS4 price as you're still getting an inferior machine when it comes to Watch Dogs, tomb raider and almost all the multi-platform games.

I'd snap up an xbox one for €400 in a heartbeat.

Even if the Xbox is an inferior machine I doubt a lot of casual buyers, who make up the vast majority of sales, know or care about it. There's still a lot of brand loyalty to Xbox especially in the US and I think that's probably more important than specs for a lot of people.

F1ngers wrote: »

I'd snap up an xbox one for €400 in a heartbeat.

You could have got one today in the HMV re-open sale @ €400, heck the Titanfall bundle is still £349 so image.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

While this thread is a great catch'em all location for fans of certain consoles, hasn't it gone far enough?
    Move them on I say, this Hamsterdam approach just isn't working, sure the other corners are clear but too many trolls fans in one place, I don't know if the internet can take it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

You've hardly been a saint yourself in this thread, if I'm honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Why is both not an option? Or am I just the rich bitch with the two of them.

Why is both not an option? Or am I just the rich bitch with the two of them.

Stop talking sense, it's not welcome here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Stop talking sense, it's not welcome here.

Lolz ps4 is sooooo gay xbox one master race looooool sony fags

Better?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement